WRONG NUMBER โœท klaroline

By vulgardior

a ruthless original who burns everyone and everything around him but wouldn't let a flame touch her... More

โ”ˆโ”€ โ. . . ๐—ช๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—ก๐—š ๐—ก๐—จ๐— ๐—•๐—˜๐—ฅ
prologue.
act one โ”โ” smells like teen spirit
a tedious summer
first bloody day
unwanted preludes
petrifying bloodlines
harsh truths bring endless torment
week of inevitable torture
newfound and twisted friendships
tantalising tones and bitchy rencounters
unpleasant mornings turn likeable
lena's mommy issues
good things with dead ends.
favourite flirty survivor.
act two โ”โ” falling apart
midnight capturing with the devil
unpredictable masquerades.
for the love of god stfu
a brooding fool
burning and bonding.
secrets and dead witches
under the light ot the moon
wrapped around her finger
companions on a murderous conquest

freeing the unfortunate

2.3K 118 119
By vulgardior

✶ 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶  ⌢ freeing the unfortunate ˇ !

Elijah had left Caroline in his apartment, he had to deal with the Salvatores because they weren't enthusiastic about him reforming the negotiation with Elena, and as most people would guess, it didn't go down well.

Especially with Damon, who told them all to go to hell before storming off in anger, the dramatic bastard he was. It took everything in elijah not to rip out each organ of the salavatore's till he remains nothing but an aimless, bleeding corpse. He had clenched his jaw so annihilated by it all it felt like his teeth were steel grating knives, but somehow unmoving, not making a single sound.

All it took, all it needed was patience. Is what he told himself. And both Stefan and Elena had agreed to work with the original again, and apologized for the parts they played in his death.

Caroline eventually woke up and groaned as she did so, her head aching. What had she done the night before? She looked around her hazily, her eyes half asleep, and noticed there were no men nor women so she didn't sleep with anyone. She didn't even remember seeing anyone the night before, and her clothes were intact on her body.

But it was then she realised that this was Elijah's apartment, and her memories instantly flooded back. She sighed as she lifted herself off of the comfortable couch, her face formed a frown once she looked at the vomit stain on her shirt. Her eyes looked down to the table in front of her, that had a note with 'Caroline' written in the neatest cursive handwriting she had ever seen.

Dear Caroline,     I regret to inform you that you had lost consciousness after having too much
to drink, but do not worry nor be held by concern for I had taken personal care for you, and    I
reassure you that you didn't embarrass yourself in front of anyone other than I.

For the problem involving your clothes (which I had taken notice, you seem to value) I  again
  inform you of the bag that you had forgotten the night you had forced  me into a     'sleepover'
to watch horror movies since you felt too scared to watch them by yourself after midnight had
already passed.

By the time you read this, I will be at the Salvatore boarding house. Attempting to explain what
me, you and Elena had discussed involving my family, and klaus, to the Salvatore brothers. May
Odin (though he didn't seem like the kindest person in the 'marvel'? movies we watched after)
have mercy on me.                               

— your dear friend,              E. Mikaelson.

The blonde girl smiled at the note, and looked at the couch on her left, where she spotted her large black bag as he foretold in the paper. She looked inside in the bag,  and found the purple top and wide flared jeans she had indeed forgotten. She smiled before changing out of the stained shirt, and putting on her black converses that she'd found laying near the front door.

Caroline fixed her hair while looking at a mirror that laid in the corridor, before picking up the bag. She had wrote a response in the same note, before leaving the large apartment.

Caroline had arrived at the grill, and sat down at the bar. She felt familiar eyes on her, as she turned and noticed Damon and Alaric sitting there right next to her. "What happened with you guys?," she asked as Damon sighed. "I screwed up," He replied.

Caroline raised her brows.  "Enlighten me." She replied, but then paused once realising she has been spending too much time with Elijah.
Alaric sighed, "he fed Elena vampire blood," causing Caroline shrugged, she had already prepared for this too long ago. "You fucked up." Alaric nodded to what the blonde had said, "Yeah. Yeah, you did." He turned to damon, as he drank the remains of his bourbon glass.

The man had entered the bar with a smirk plastered on his face, that only grew wider once his eyes landed on Caroline. It felt good to be back in his own body, because now he didn't have to hold himself back from talking—mostly flirting— with her without it being weird.

"Gentlemen. Why so glum?" Caroline heard a British voice from next to her speak, as her head turned towards the origin.

He was starting right at her. He had dirty-blonde curls, his lips curled in a devilish grin.  But somehow what she was drawn to were his eyes. They were a dark blue, a mixture between the sea when it storms, and the blue midnight sky. 

Alaric stiffened almost painfully as Klaus walked up to the counter, and placed his hands atop of it.   Damon turned to look at the man, groaning as he realized who was standing next to him. "Ugh. Klaus, I presume?" Damon said, his usual cockiness lacing his voice.

He had smirked and said, "In the flesh," before turning to look at Alaric. "Thanks for the loaner, mate."

Damon stood up so he was standing in front of Klaus as he said, "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?"

Klaus simply smirked, walking towards him as he spoke, his eyes darkening in something. a threat, a warning. both. "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelganger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret." Damon breaks into a smile at the irony of the comment. The vampire winced his eyes and said, "Ha. Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?"

Klaus chuckles and says, "You are kidding," He looked back at the teacher and says, "He is kidding, right?" The man shook his head before saying, "No, not really." Damon ignored the jab and said, "I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?"

Klaus stepped forward, his eyes darkening further, and it was clear now this warning had shifted to a threat, as he said, "Let me be clear— I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you truly wish to see tomorrow, don't screw it up." He threatened, and walked away.

Damon shook his head at her and Alaric asked, talking about the ritual,"You're going to screw it up, aren't you?"  The man sighed. "You think if I took his werewolf out of the equation, she might.. Get over the fact that I tried to turn her into a vampire?" Damon questioned.   "I think it won't matter, because you'll be dead." Alaric replied sarcastically. 

"But without the werewolf, he can't perform the ritual tonight, which means I would have bought her one month before the next full moon," Damon said.     "And you'll still be dead," Caroline stated walking away from the duo, and outside the grill.

She then paused as she felt someone watch her. Her hand unclenched as she turned around but was met with the same blue eyes she had been gazing at earlier. "Hello, my love." He smirked. "I finally get to see that pretty face of yours." He murmured, inching closer.

She sighed in relief, and dropped her hand. "Nik, I swear I am going to break your neck." She glares, "you could postpone such a rigorous murder, we have just met after all." He grins devilishly, raising his brows, as she playfully glares at him.

He hums, still inching close to her, close enough to smell the light cherry perfume she wore that day. "You were right. The salvatore is too fixated on the doppelgänger to notice he is falling into a trap." he stated sarcastically, as she hummed. "I am always right. You of all people should already know that by now, nik." She spoke, a small smile forming from the corners of her soft lips.

He looked down at her eyes, his face only inches from hers.  "That I do. But you don't seem too fond of him," he notices. She raises her brows. "I am not fond of most."

He shakes his head, "On the contrary, you don't despise anyone. The doppelgänger—the same callous friend you had, even after all the wrongdoings she committed, you look at her nonchalantly." He speaks, as he sees her press her lips as they continue their walk.

"You accept things without registering them." He sees her look. "You basically skip all the stages and go onto acceptance. But this time.." he pauses. "Your not accepting. Far from it. The skipping to acceptance is something you do because you hate having to deal with what hurts you. This feels safer to you. Because you once hadn't skipped the stages, doing them all painfully, and you hated it. Am I right?." She swallows. And he smirks slightly as though he just toppled his opponent's king, a simple slaughter, but one he felt triumph for nonetheless. Because instead of it being a chess piece, it was the walls she built around herself.

"Well, I do, despise him, so — I suppose you're right, therapist klausy," She jests, before looking up at his face, which had looked almost robotic as he read the look in her eyes. But he refrained from saying further. She was right, this wasn't a therapy session. He just met his soulmate. And they had centuries to talk and uncover about each other, he noted.

"Either way, they won't do well on any of their plans, if they know what's good for them," he says, as she laughs at his threat. "Loosen up will you? The most they could do is steal your werewolf and vampire. And we both know you have like sixty backups." She sighs, as she looks up at him. "You'll break your curse. Then, you'll free Katherine because she is my best friend." She smiled triumphantly, as he rolled his eyes but laughed. "Very well. I will. For you." He answered, as she stiffened, surprised by his answer.

The girl smiled warmly at him, as they continued the walk, still talking and laughing.

Klaus enters the now familiar apartment the blonde girl groaning in pain as she leaned on the wall behind her and took off her heels, "Where's Maddox? He should be back by now." He complains, "I don't know." Katherine shrugs before turning and seeing the blonde. "Surprise." She breathes out, as Katherine raises her brows. "Gorgeous?, what are.." she paused. Her brows furrowing as a puzzled look forms on her face, before everything somehow clicks in place. And a look of surprise crosses her features.

Klaus stared for a moment at the image before he sat down on the sofa, and opened his phone. He then sees a live video of Jules lying on the floor of a cellar, her body chained to the wall. "What are you doing? Where's Elena?," Katherine asked, as Klaus sighed and answered, "I sent her off with Greta." He informs, before looking back at Jules, who was transitioning. "It's almost time." He states a smirk slowly rising on his features, when suddenly, the bursts door opens.

They all turn and look back at the door. "I wasn't aware lowlifes could be invited in. How peculiar." Klaus spoke sarcastically with a scoff, as he looked at Damon who was right standing behind him. "I've come here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual." He states confidently.

"Didn't we already have this conversation?," he asked glaring up at the vampire who was wasting his time.  "Yeah, but that was before I rescued your werewolf and killed your witch." He spoke proudly, causing the original to bolt upright, before vamp speeding over to the vampire, and glaring right at him. "Excuse me?," he threatens, his tone bitter. "And you can kill me for it. I don't care. It was all me."

Katherine sighed, he said it like he was bragging.

Klaus then turned to the blonde and hummed, "love, could you give us a moment?," He requested, as the blonde looked up, blinking, before nodding, taking Katherine with her to the other room.

"I've heard about you." He then says, walking away from the man who only stiffened. "The crazy, impulsive vampire in love with his brother's girl. I knew one of you would try to stop me. It was a just a 50/50 guess on who." He spoke before before turning the screen into Damon's view, as he showed him the video of Jules.

"The nice thing about werewolves is they tend to travel in packs. Need a closer look?," he remarks before throwing him the cellphone so he can see better. "Jules." Damon mumbles. "When you spend a thousand years trying to break a curse.. You learn a thing or two. First rule, always have a backup. Backup werewolf, Backup witch.." he trailed off, his dark smirk painting his features. "Backup vampire." He states in defeat, "I've got that covered, too."

She once viewed a full moon as pure bliss. Being able to sit out and watch the moon illuminating the night with a beautiful glow. She had done it too many times to count, wondering how something could be so ethereal. But this time, she was stiffened as she sat in Alaric's apartment. Well, not for long anyway, she still had to carry out with her original plan of keeping Elena alive.

She sighed and took off her jacket, before walking out of the door, leaving Katherine to deal with the unconscious vampire.

Caroline lifted herself out of her car, and walked off to see the person in front of her, who turned out to be just the person she had to sacrifice. She frowned. Looking over at the man who was pacing his feet on the ground worriedly, as he tried not to assume of what would happen to his daughter in a mere few seconds.

He kept looking up at the moon as if he was waiting to see it barren, and for her to run out of a shadow and surprise him, embracing him, telling him it was over, and she was okay.

Caroline didn't have that. She never did. She may have, but at what cost? The scars still burned her flesh each once in a while she pressed, sticking to her skin, eternally. Unwilling to let go. The memories of her mother crying in the kitchen haunted her, the same voice which yelled as he inched closer to her. The moments when she used to beam when he would knock on the door the next week, all happy, with a gift for her and a short apology and so many promises her father would never keep.

She hadn't realised her eyes had welled up until a tear had trickled down her cheek.

He was there, ready to break the curse. Ready to free his wolf and relief his body of the once endless torment. But a mere whining sound ruined his contentment. He sighed, as he turned to see the weeping doppelgänger, "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." Elena rambled, trying to reason with the arrogant witch.

It would be much harder than that, he scoffed. Was she really trying to reason with one of his witches? Ones who knew their fate, signing it with their blood and a malevolent grin.

"My duty is to Klaus!" Great yelled. "The new order." She grinned. "Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus walked in, and looked at Greta, and then looked at Elena, Jenna, and Jules. "Are we ready?"

"Almost. The man you turned hasn't awoken." She informed, but just then the man—who had been a scrawny prisoner klaus sought—shook. He lifted his head up and was forcefully fed by Greta, who had licked her skin with a blade.

Klaus looked back at the doppelgänger who was watching in horror. "Your going to kill him!," she shouted, her doe eyes glistening with tears. "Would you prefer I kill your aunt?," he was originally going to, but one threat from a certain blonde and he had instantly agreed.

"We can proceed." Greta then muttered, as Klaus hummed and walked closer to her. "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." Klaus handed the moonstone to Greta. "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?" Great questioned the man, who nodded. "I remember." Klaus spoke, before Greta nodded and began to chant a complicated spell in Latin.

Amber sparks, like ones to a flame, began to fly and the moonstone had been destroyed. Klaus smirked, and moved further onto the next part of the ritual. The werewolf. He walked closer to Jules, who had instantly snapped up to look at him, her eyes lacing with horror. "Shall we?" Greta lowered the circle of blazing fire that had surrounded Jules, and the werewolf had sped out of the circle, attempting to escape her fate.

Klaus clenched his jaw and caught her by her neck, before his hand plunged in her chest, grasping onto her heart, and pulling it out. The girl's corpse collapsing into the ground after the sudden interaction. Klaus then turned to Greta, and squeezed the blood out of the wolf's heart in the wooden bowl in front of him. He looked up at the witch who had nodded, and the man instantly tossed the heart out of his toughened grasp. Klaus turned back to the witch. "Tell me it's working." He spoken as she nodded. "Oh, It's working." She smirked.

Klaus walks over to the vampire, who had looked up at him in horror.

Caroline rushed into the Abandoned house, before walking up to the two, an old grimoire in her hands. "I— found something," she mumbled hastily, "I hate running." She groaned. Bonnie looked up at her hopefully, before Alaric had motioned for her to follow him. Caroline sighed, and opened the grimoire to the page of the spell as her eyes scattered the Latin words.

Caroline looks up to see John walk inside the house. "Tell me about the spell, Caroline." He ordered, as she swallowed and nodded. "the child died, but the mother's life force flowed through her, restoring her to life." She explained. Jeremy looked up at her, "We already know Elena's going to come back to life but she'll be a vampire." He states, as John shakes his head, "Not if her soul remains intact."

Damon enters the room, scoffing. "Her soul, really? You're going to put your faith in some act of god mumbo jumbo?," he says as Caroline turns to him, "listen dickhead, his daughter might fucking die. He'll believe whatever the fuck he wants to believe. You have no say in your brother's girlfriend's life," she scoffed, before sighing, and turning back to John.

"You know of the risks?," she mumbles. John lets out a sigh, but nods. "I refuse to let Elena become the thing I've spent my life protecting her against. And you can call that god or mystical energy, whatever you want, but yes.. I'm willing to put my faith into it. And I know the risks." He spoke, turning to the girl who nods affirmatively. Well, let's save a doppelgänger.

Caroline motions for John to come a little closer, before she begins to chant the words to the spell.  Jeremy suddenly drops to the ground as John sighs, and turns to the others, his eyes drooping. "Just go. I'll stay with him." He groans, his knees falling to the ground.

Klaus walks up to the vampire and stakes him. Elena cries, once she realises it was her turn. Klaus walks towards her and hums. "It's time." He spoke. As he watched the circle of amber fire around Elena disappear into thin air. "Thank you, Elena." He spoke. As the girl looked up at him and narrowed her eyes into a glare. "Go to hell." His fangs appear, and he sinks his teeth into her neck, drinking her blood.

Klaus feels her life leave her body, and he releases the girl who limply falls on the ground, dead. Klaus groans, as he feels his bones begin to break harshly, but the man had been hoping to feel this pain for too long. "I can feel it. It's happening."

As the transformation begins, but before it could go any further, Bonnie arrives and attempts to throw him on the ground, as the man falls, weakened by his state.  Klaus groans as he looks up at the bennett witch, "You were dead." He glares. Bonnie uses her powers to try and torture him, but it seems to affect her more than him.

Elijah arrives, and looks around. Klaus groaned, "Elijah?," he spoke. He leaned in, "I know our siblings are still daggered. Give me your word, Niklaus." He glared. Klaus groaned, kneeling as he held his abdomen in pain, "I can take you to them. I give you my word, brother." He swallowed.

Bonnie glares at the siblings. "Do it and I'll take you both out." She glares as Elijah scoffs, "you are a new witch, bennett or not. You may be powerful, but you overestimate yourself greatly." He finally says, before grabbing onto his brother's weakened body and vamp speeding him away from the others before she could do so much as blink.

John sighs as he leans against the back of the chair, while writing a letter. Caroline stares at the man, noticing his weakened state. Elena was dead. She noted, which meant the curse had been broken. She smiled, but her expression evaporates, as she looks over at John. "Take care of her, and each other." He smiles keenly. John takes a look at them, he takes a large breath, before his body collapses on the wooden boards. And now the doppelgänger was alive again, but that was the least of her worries.

Caroline walks away from the house, but the second she steps, she felt hot and she felt like she couldn't breathe — she stumbled to the ground, her bones breaking in the process.  What was happening? She groaned in pain, as horror emerged her features.

She killed John. She killed a human.

She couldn't even focus on her own thoughts as her body twisted and broke painfully, her eyes glowing a vibrant red, black vein like outlines carving the edges of her irises. Her body was twisted to where the peak would hit them any moment now. Caroline couldn't help the scream that emitted from her mouth as her arm bent backwards without being able to stop it before her back completely broke right on queue.

Caroline felt sharp teeth fight their way through her now sore gums, she groaned and yelled, her body painfully falling with a thud on the ground as she sobbed while her bones continued to crack and break.  She continued to thrash around, the transformation occurring vastly, while fur began to protrude. And before she knew it she was in her wolf form, running freely through the open woods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634K 14.1K 99
๐˜ˆ ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ. ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ? ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜บ, ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...
165K 3.9K 37
What would've happened if Niklaus and Elijah shared a lover? What if this lover was known to be quite an enchantress with men? STARTED// 09//27//2020...
9.1K 321 13
๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐€๐“, ๐ˆ'๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐€๐“. โ†ขโœฉโœฉโœฉโ†ฃ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐—ƒ๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐–พ๐—‰๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—…๐—๐—“๐—†๐–บ๐—‡'๐—Œ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—†๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‚๐—‡๐—๐–พ๏ฟฝ...
53.4K 1.6K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC