(WIP)The Hidden Dragon Chroni...

By NarutoShipsuo245

Izumi Suoh is taken from a place of horror.... Gaara No Sabaku is seen as the face of evil to all but himself... More

Author's Note
Table of Contents
Episode 1: Enter! Izumi Suoh!
Episode 2: Graduation and New Faces!
Episode 3: Friends, Foes, and a New Sensei!
Filler Episode: A Favor for a Pawesome Friend!
Episode 4: Team 7! United Once and For All!
Episode 5: The Land of Waves!
Episode 6: Zabuza Momochi!
Episode 7: The Battle on the Bridge!
Episode 8: The Chunnin Exams!
Episode 9: Gaara of the Sand!
Episode 10: Reflection of a Beating Heart!
Episode 11: Room 203!
Episode 12: Rock Lee! The Handsome Devil of the Hidden Leaf!
Episode 13: The Rookie 13! Together Again!
Episode 14: The Chunnin Exams: Part One! The Written Exam!
Episode 15: The Chunnin Exams: Part Two! The Forest of Death!
Episode 16: The Chunnin Exams: Sasuke's Awakening!
Episode 17: The Chunnin Exams: Part Three! Foe vs. Foe!
Episode 18: The Chunnin Exams! Izumi vs. Kankuro!
Episode 19: The Chunnin Exams! Rock Lee vs. Gaara!
Episode 20: The Chunnin Exams! The Bond of Sensei and Student!
Episode 21: Two Perverts and a Kuncklehead!
Episode 22: Long Time No See: Jiraiya Returns!
Episode 23: The Summoning Jutsu: Pervy Sage and Chief Toad!
Episode 24: A Conflict with the Sand Demon!
Episode 25: The Chunnin Exams: Let The Semifinals Begin!
Episode 26: The Chunnin Exams: Neji vs. Naruto!
Episode 28: The Chunnin Exams: Shikamaru vs. Temari!
Episode 29: The Chunnin Exams: Sasuke vs Gaara!
Episode 30: Pursuit of the Sand Demon!
Episode 31: A Shirker's Call To Action: Shikamaru Breaks the Chain!
Episode 32: The Battles Continue: Sasuke vs. Gaara!
Episode 33: The Battles Continue: Izumi Makes a Stand!
Episode 34: The Battles Continue: Naruto vs. Gaara!
Episode 35: Shukaku! The Sand Demon Manifest!
Episode 36: The Cure for Loneliness!
Non-episode... (A/N)
Episode 37: Trouble Lurking-The Search for the Sannin!
Episode 38: Itachi Returns!
Episode 39: Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
Episode 40: Hate Amongst the Last Uchihas!
Episode 41: Hanao Returns!
Episode 42: A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
Episode 44: Collection of Bonds
Episode 45: Keep On Training: Pop Goes the Water Balloon!
Episode 46: Focal Point: The Mark of the Leaf!
Episode 47: Impossible Challenge: The Pain Within Tsunade's Heart
Episode 48: Formation Naru-Izu! Tsunade's Challenge!
Episode 49: Breakdown! The Deal is Off!

Episode 27: The Chunnin Exams: Izumi vs. Dosu!

6 3 0
By NarutoShipsuo245

Izumi vs. Dosu

The Kages determined that Izumi and Dosu would fight next, letting Izumi to get hyped.

"Alright. We cannot fail now. Cmon." She whispered to herself.

Shikamaru saw her nervousness and patted her back. "You are going to be fine.  Just focus on your movements.  This man has a lot more range than Kankuro, so be careful."

She looked at him and nodded as she listened to his explanation. "Alright. "Thank you, Shikamaru." She then turned and jumped down from the balcony onto the field.

"Give him hell Iz!" Shikamaru called as she descended.

She smiled after landing before returning to an apathetic expression as she prepared for battle.

Dosu chuckled, "You seem different, as does the aura of your chakra. You clearly trained much harder. But hard enough to ring those tiny ears."

When the referee stepped back and proclaimed the match to begin, Izumi looked at him but said nothing.

"BEGIN!"

The two ran directly for one other, physically hitting and avoiding their attacks.

Dosu cracked his head from side to side and repeated the procedures he had employed previously.

Fortunately, Izumi was able to eradicate those trickery by employing her Water Style: Barrier Jutsu against the sound waves reverberating around the stadium.

Naruto and the others tightly covered their ears, not removing them until they stopped.

Izumi flashed behind him and attempted to grab his back, but she missed.

Dosu struck her down so quickly that she tumbled on the ground but bolted upright.

She struck him with a Rasenwater Bomb from beneath the ground, causing several water clones to surround him.

With every punch and kick she landed, Dosu outstretched his right arm to assault her with sound waves. Izumi's ears bled slightly since Dosu's upgraded technique was ten times faster.

As a result, the waves not only send distinct messages to the eardrums, but they also disrupt regular vision.

Dosu delivered a powerful blow to her abdomen, sending her flying across the wall. He smirked maliciously, but noted that her figure was a type of substitute replacement with water drops.

The real Izumi appeared nearby and attempted to restore her senses. She was able to regain her hearing when the bleeding stopped utilizing her Water Regen talent.

However, it did not last very long. She took a step back to concentrate on her other senses because she couldn't see. She collapsed to her knees, choking as blood dripped over her hand when she stared at it.

Dosu chuckled and spoke. "I see, little girl. My technique is not one that is commonly used. This one is quite contagious. Most likely abnormal."

"What?! How could that be?" Naruto yelled, "Go, Izumi! You can do it! Kick his ass."

Shikamaru watched her suffering and, unlike his typical demeanor, chose to cheer her on. "C'mon, Iz. Find his weakness!"

Kankuro and Temari were also concerned for her.

"She'll make it," Kankuro stated.

"Yeah," Temari responded. "I hope so..."

Izumi nodded to Shikamaru, gathering her thoughts and devising a strategy to weaken Dosu's technique.

Izumi, ready to go again, flashed in front of Dosu, flinging kunai at him with paper explosives tied to the strings.

As a result, they displayed the mist that had begun to obscure his surroundings. He looked up and didn't know that a shower of wind and ice was coming down above his head like comets.

As Izumi came back at Dosu, she delivered multiple hits to his shoulders. She grabbed his shirt material and smashed him below the ground, forming a hole.

Dosu's form remained unconscious, and the referee looked to see whether he could get up, while Izumi was heaving air.

She stood steady despite her dizziness. A hand suddenly seized her ankle and threw her in mid-air, causing her to gasp.

Dosu drew her face towards him and absorbed her chakra, utilizing all of the sound waves as they returned to him. He then made a shrieking sound that reverberated in her ears.

"Ahhh!" Izumi yelled in anguish because she couldn't see or hear anything. She fell to her knees and shuddered faintly, clutching herself.

The multitude of spectators stared in terror at their fellow people.

The Rookie 13 members distributed across the audience displayed stress and concern for their friend.

Even the Sand Siblings, sans Gaara, were concerned for her.

"That is it. I'm going down there!" Naruto gritted his teeth in frustration.

"It's not your fight. There is nothing you can do. As much as I'd like to help Iz, she'll be disqualified if we do anything." Shikamaru explained.

His gaze shifted to his best friend, 'C'mon Iz. 'Don't die on us now!' Shikamaru reflected, his eyes more concerned than before.

Dosu glanced down at her, saying, "That's what happens when you underestimate a strong ninja. Now that you are unable to move, I can just finish you with a lullaby."

Izumi made an inaudible murmur as she clasped her hands together to signify something. "Ninja Art: Hurricane Jutsu."

Dosu's eyes widened in surprise as several trees and pebbles swirled about in a spiral. The materials were gathered together with humid water, resulting in a storm over the sky.

Izumi used a different hand gesture, drawing a circle around his ankles and wrists. He tries to release himself but has no chakra left.

"It's useless. Once you're in my trap, you'll have to submit to the cyclone-" Izumi paused for a second when a wicked voice interrupted her.

"How determined you were to say that when you had let your guard down," Dosu commented, advancing her.

When she turned to look behind her, he punched her three times with his right arm, creating sound waves again.

The sound waves completely pulled the small pieces of fabric from her outfit.

She suffered significant injuries to her left ankle and right ribs with no way to repair them. She rose up and panted, listening to her heartbeat.

'You can do it, Izumi. I know you can,' Leviathan replied in her head.

"I have no choice left," she responded seriously.

'It doesn't matter if you have a choice. Concentrate on the remaining chakra. This is a milestone in becoming a True Spirit,' he continued.

"I suppose it won't hurt," Izumi chuckled.

'You will not regret this. I promise,' Leviathan's voice vanished as Izumi comprehended the jutsu that she had mastered.

"Awakening Jutsu: King of the Sea!" She chanted.

The ground began to tremble, shaking the entire stadium while the others regained their balance. An gigantic figure arrived in a wave of water, surprising them to say the least.

Everyone was stunned, particularly Gaara, whose eyes widened at the sight.

"How did she do that?!" Temari questioned.

"Have no idea. But one thing is for certain. She's stronger than we thought."  Kankuro responded.

Back in the field, Dosu's gaze was fixed on the flying dragon, which transformed into a massive cannon fireball directed at him.

Leviathan utilized his Canon Ball ability to fire orbs of icy water at Dosu.

Dosu avoided them but suffered frostbite on his right leg, leaving a wound.

Izumi flashed from north to south, east to west, giving the impression that she was about to attack from underneath. This caused him to lose focus because she kept switching back and forth as a distraction.

Dosu realized she had knocked him out in the front and immediately kicked him in the ground with the right heel of her foot.

Dosu sighed as his body was immobilized, his gaze shifted directly above her. "Well played, Suoh. "Well played." His voice was raspy as he lost consciousness.

Izumi continued to pant with each breath she took before lowering to her knees to rest. Everyone was speechless at what had just occurred. There were no more words to offer, but their expressions toward them were priceless.

Naruto and the others were still stunned as they waited for the referee to answer. He walked between them, making a loud declaration to the fatigued blonde-haired. "The winner of this match is Izumi Suoh!"

The crowd cued in applause, cheers, and of course, the whistles from several guys.

Choji clapped and Ino shouted with delight. "Yay! Woohoo! Yes, Izumi! You did it!"

Kiba and Akamaru both shouted, Tenten offered a supportive clap because she respected her more after saving Lee in the hospital, and Hinata clapped and smiled.

Naruto jumped for joy and screamed so loudly that Shikamaru nearly lost hearing. "Yeah! You finally kicked his ass!"

Aside from nearly losing one of his six senses, Shikamaru applauded and cheered in admiration of his best friend's might. "Damn, Izumi. You could have told me about the dragon," he mumbled.

Kankuro and Temari were also applauding the girl, while Gaara stood by there, staring at her.

He still desired Sasuke's blood, but he wanted hers even more now that he had witnessed her full potential.

She began to stagger up onto the platform alongside the other contestants and smiled faintly at Shikamaru. "I think you're next, my friend.."

"Yeah. What a drag. After seeing you and that sound ninja, I'm not sure I want to do this anymore," he sighed

Izumi's eyes expanded. "You're not giving up before you've even begun are you?!"

Shikamaru shrugged. "Maybe I should."

Naruto observed his response and complained. "Hey, Shikamaru! You are not going to back out of this, you hear?! If Izumi and I can do it, then you can too! Now get down there!" He gave Shikamaru a push, causing him to fall to the ground.

Izumi's eyes narrowed with worry. "Shikamaru! Are you alright?!"

Shikamaru raised his thumb. "Just peachy... I'll manage.." he exclaimed.

Izumi glared at Naruto. "Well, you didn't have to do that. Shikamaru would've—"

"I don't care what Shikamaru would have done! We just need to keep this rolling!  Besides, he's up against the girl with the buns." He pointed downward.

Izumi met his sight to find Temari down on the other side. Her brow raised as she smirked. "Well....this is gonna get interesting then..." she murmured to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 313 19
Ohayō! You're a 28 year old Jonin living in the Hidden Leaf Village. You've always played things by the book, never straying from what you were taugh...
23.9K 641 64
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...
38.5K 983 16
Three years had been passed from Fourth Great Ninja war. The whole five nations were finally at peace after mourning over the losses of great ninjas...
1.2K 25 3
A simple story following the not-so simple life of one Yuuki Akahoshi. Really, everything had started out so 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺 (aside from the actual...