{Till the End} Daryl Dixon x...

By GreedyCheese

Y/n fell into the wrong kind of group when the apocalypse began.She hardly trusted anyone after them,and rare... More

Before we get into the storyyyy
Season 1 Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Season 2 introduction
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Season 3 introduction
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Season 4/5 introduction
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Bro.Please.
Season 6 introduction
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Season 7 introduction
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 21

400 4 1
By GreedyCheese

{3rd person pov}

Y/n opened her eyes and looked around.She heard snoring coming from next to her.It was Daryl.He was sound asleep with his arm over his eyes.She sat up and crawled over Daryl.

She felt well rested and didn't feel tired at all.
She sat on the wooden chair,that would soon break,and tied her shoe laces on her boots.Daryl started to move around on the bed until he finally opened his eyes.He looked up at Y/n who was putting on her black jacket.

"Ya just wake up?"He asked.Y/n nodded."You were still asleep,I tried to let you sleep in."She murmured,as she rubbed her eyes.

Daryl sat up and looked at Y/n."Im goin' to the guard tower in a bit,so if you wanna go with,you should get your ass outta bed.See ya,D."Y/n said leaving the cell.

Before Y/n could leave the to the watch tower Rick came up to her.

"I need to talk with you and Daryl.Could ya get him for me.I gotta get Hershel."Rick said."Uh sure thing boss man.Somethin' wrong?"Y/n asked.Rick just stared at her then walked away.

-

"It's the only way."He whispered."No one else knows." He added,shaking his head.

"You gon' tell 'em?"Daryl asked looking at the ground.

"Not til' after.We have to do it today.It has to be quiet."Rick said with a nod."You got a plan?"Y/n asked tilting her head slightly from the sun."We tell her we need to talk.Away from the others."
Rick said.Daryl looked at Y/n then at Hershel, who looked down.

"Just ain't us,man."Daryl grumbled."No.No,it isn't." Hershel shook his head."Its brutal."Y/n nodded."We do this,we avoid a fight.No else dies."Rick says with a shrug.

"Alright."Daryl hesitantly nodded."We need someone else."Rick looked at Daryl.Daryl knew what he meant,and so did everyone else.

"Ill talk to him."Daryl said."Ill do it."Rick spoke up."Ill go with you."

"No.Just me."Rick asserted then walked away.

"He's really gonna go through with it huh?"Y/n asked.Daryl nodded."Yeah."

"I mean I get it.He's the boss or whatever,but that's just insane.Michonne led you guys to us.Who know what would have happened if she didn't.Hell,if the world hadn't fallen apart,I'd give her a medal."Y/n looked at Daryl.He just looked with a raised eyebrow.Y/n walked back into the cell block.

-

Y/n walked in and saw Carl.He was cradling. Judith and feeding her milk from a bottle.
"Hey Carl how goes it?"Y/n asked sitting down on the table,placing her bow down next to her.

"Judith is really hungry today."He chuckled.
"She's just a growin' girl."Y/n said and tickled Judiths side."Alright I gotta go,see ya 'round Carl."Y/n beamed and flicked Carl's hat."See ya Y/n."Carl said.

-

"Hey,over here!Here!"Y/n yelled hitting a pot with a wooden spoon.

Carl and Maggie did the same,as Daryl and Glenn put spikes out in the grass area.Michonne killed any walker she walked by.Once they were done they got back in the car and drove back up the hill.

"Ok,they're back in,lets head back."Y/n said.
Maggie and Carl nodded.Carl unlocked the gate then closed it and locked it up again.

"Hey.We all good?"Y/n asked.Michonne nodded."Great."Y/n said looking down.She felt bad for what they're doing to her.

Rick whispered something to Daryl then they walked into the other cell block.Y/n looked at them.They probably went to check the perimeter or find Merle.

Michonne was genuinely a good person.Even Y/n knew that and she never trusts people.She thinks what Rick is doing is a mistake.Of course she is only agreeing because Rick is leader and shit.

-

The others followed behind Rick,preparing and securing the prison for what's coming.

"Hey Y/n,I need to find Merle could ya help me?"Daryl asked walking up to Y/n as she put down a thing full of rocks."Mm..sure."She hesitantly says, dusting off her hands on he pants then grabbed her bow and gun.

"Where was he last?"Y/n asked quietly as they walked over to the courtyard."Inside the other cell block."He said."Doin' what?"She asked.
"Merle things."He shrugged.Y/n scoffed and rolled her eyes.

They came across Glenn who was fixing a bar gate over an entrance."Hey."Daryl mumbles walking up to him.Glenn turned and looked at Daryl.

"You seen Merle around?"He asked.Glenn looked down then continued to fix the door."Hold this."
Daryl said handing his crossbow to Y/n.Daryl walked over to Glenn and lended him a hand with the door.

"He say he was sorry yet?"Daryl asked.Glenn stayed silent.He locked the chains together then tugged on them to make sure it was secure.

He didn't seem very interested in the conversation Daryl was trying to start.Y/n looked at them not wanting to say anything that stir things up,but things were already heated,and it was going to grow fast.

"Cause he is."Daryl added.Glenn picked up a crate of glass bottles and put them on the table.

"He's gon' make it right.Im gon' make him.
There's gotta be a way."Daryl said."Just needs to be a little forgiveness is all."He added.Glenn walked up to Daryl avoiding his eyes.

"He tied me to a chair,beat me,and threw a walker in the room.Maybe I could call it even.But he-"Glenn stopped and took a quick glance at Y/n.

"He took Y/n to a man who terrorized her, humiliated her.I don't know how that doesn't bother you.She's your girlfriend isn't she?She's my family,which makes me angry.Maggie was there and watched.She told me he was gonna do it to her if it weren't for Y/n."Glenn looked to the side.

"I couldn't even imagine that happening to Maggie.'Cause that shit's wrong.Plain wrong.How are you not losing your shit?"Glenn asked walking back to the crate of glass bottles.

It fell quiet.Y/n looked at the ground, uncomfortable and a little bit sad.Daryl walked past Y/n,brushing his shoulder against hers.
Y/n looked at Glenn for a minute then followed Daryl.

Daryl stopped and turned to Y/n."I got it from here."Daryl said taking his crossbow from Y/n.
"You sure?"She asked."Oh yeah.Go do whatever the fuck you do.I dont give a rats shit anymore." Daryl said rudely,not looking at Y/n as he walked away.Y/n stood there confused,but knowing what it's probably about.

She dug her nails into her arm fighting the burning sensation in her eyes.

She exhaled and walked walked back over to a thing of junk.She looked through it to find anything.Tears fill her eyes as she looked threw the junk then she angrily dropped the plank of wood and quickly walked into the cell block.

-

Y/n breathed in then out released smoke.She looked down at the walkers that we're walking around outside the gate.

"Hey."Daryl came up.Y/n didn't look up just stared at the walkers outside the fence.She didn't say anything either.

"Ya okay?"He asked."Just peachy,Daryl." She said with an exaggerated tone."Yer not."Daryl said sitting down next to her."Now what makes you think that?"Y/n asked with a fake smile.
"Yer eyes are red."Daryl said.Y/n squinted her eyes then rubbed them with her thumb and ring finger.

She looked back at the walkers as they got closer to the main gate.She put the cigarette up to her mouth and breathed it in then blew the smoke back out.

Y/n looked at him,seeing he didn't know.She scoffed and shook her head.Daryl looked down.
He was confused."You were bein' a dick."Y/n said.

Daryl sighed in realization and nodded."Glenn's right,"Y/n began.Daryl looked at her."Maggie can't even look me in the eyes anymore.The man bent me over a table,and humiliated me in front of Maggie and Glenn.I felt so vulnerable because I couldn't do shit 'bout it because if I did, somethin' would've happened to them.'nd I keep blamin' myself for what he did to me,like it was my fault or something."Y/n shook her head.

"It ain't."Daryl grumbled.

"And Im gonna make him pay for what he did to ya."Daryl spoke up a bit.Daryl grabbed Y/n's wrist and took the cigarette out of Y/n's hand.He put it in his mouth and took a puff.Daryl handed back to Y/n.

It went silent.

"It felt good to have one again."Y/n said doing the same thing. Daryl nodded.He lifted his elbow and rested it on Y/n's shoulder.

-

After while they got down and saw Rick.He was in a hurry and was looking around.

"It's off.We'll take our chances."He exclaimed walking up to Daryl and Y/n in a hurry.
"Not sayin' it was the wrong call but is definitely the right one."Daryl said."What's wrong?"Y/n asked noticing Ricks expression."I can't find Merle or Michonne.They're gone."Rick said.

"You ask Merle to do somethin' he's gon' do it.
C'mon."Daryl said then running inside a cell block.

They walked inside of the generator room and looked around.

"He was in here.Said he was lookin' for drugs.
Said a lot of things actually." Daryl grumbled walking around."Like what?"Rick asked doing the same."Said you were gonna change yer mind."Daryl said with an exasperated smile.

"Now look where we are."Y/n said looking at Rick."Here we go."Daryl said picking up an empty sack.

"Yeah,he took her here.They mixed it up."Daryl said."Damn it.Im goin' after him."Rick began walking to the door."You can't track for shit."Y/n said honestly,then crossing her arms.

"Then me and Daryl."Rick said."What 'bout me?"Y/n asked raising her arms."Stay here and make sure nothin' bad happens."Rick said.Y/n scoffed."What do I look like?A stay at home mom?"Y/n walked to the counter.

"No,just me."Daryl said."Plus they're gonna come back here.Ya need to be ready.Yer family,too." Daryl said leaving.

-

Y/n looked at the walkers when Hershel came out and stood next to Y/n.They were silent for awhile.Mostly because neither of them knew what to say.Until Y/n did.

"I don't know why we don't just clear the yard again.I mean we cleared it out last time and there's less out there then there is now."Y/blurted out."Well we are dealing with some stuff right now,so it's gonna take a little while longer." Hershel said looking at Y/n.

Y/n sighed and rubbed her face."Yeah..I know I guess Im just a little out of it today."Y/n rubbed her face with her hand."This 'cause Daryl's gone?"Hershel asked."No,no.."Y/n said.
"Yeah..It is.He's gonna come back with Merle,
and Michonne,then we're gonna fight our asses off."Hershel beamed.Y/n chuckled slightly.

"He's gonna be alright.He's tough."Hershel reassured.Y/n nodded and looked up at Hershel.
"Yeah.But I should've gone with him."She said.
"Don't worry.C'mon,let's get you inside before you get die of heat."Hershel said dragging Y/n inside.

-

Y/n drank the water from her canteen bag as everyone walked in through the gates.They gathered around Rick and sat on tables.They sat in silence as Rick tried to find some words to say.

"When I met with the Governor,he offered me a deal.He said.."Rick paused.

Y/n looked down,knowing exactly where this was going."He said he would leave us alone if I gave him Michonne.And I was gonna do that to keep us safe."Rick said.Silence.

"I changed my mind.But now Merle took Michonne to fulfill the deal and Daryl went to stop him and I don't know if it's to late."

"I was wrong not to tell you.And Im sorry.What I said last year,that first night after the farm it can't be like that.It can't.What we do,what we're willin' to do,who we are,it's not my call.It can't be.I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good.We're the reason we're still here,not me."Rick explained.

Rick looked at everyone."This is life and death.
How you live..how you die..it isn't up to me.Im not your Governor.We choose to go.We choose to stay.We stick together.We vote.We can stay and we can fight,or we can go."Rick said.

Rick took one more look at everyone then walked away."Damn right."Y/n muttered.

-

Michonne came back,but no Merle or Daryl.
"Did you see them together before you left?"Y/n asked.Michonne shook her head."Damn it."Y/n banged her fist in the table then turned around.
"Im goin' out there."She said."Y/n,you can't.If you go,we're losin' another man."Glenn said.

"I-I can't just leave him out there."Y/n snapped back."He'll turn up."Glenn said."Man,screw that.I ain't waitin'."Y/n said grabbing her bag off the ground.

Carl ran in quickly and out of breath."Daryl's back."He exhaled.Y/n's frown turned into smiled and ran out the door.

She ran outside then her smile dropped again when she didn't see Merle with him.Daryl had tears in his eyes and his face was red.

"Carl go get me my canteen."She said.Carl nodded and ran inside.

Y/n walked up to him.She looked at him,but he didn't dare look at her.Daryl shook his head.

Y/n pulled him into a hug.Daryl didn't hug back,but Y/n knew why.Daryl almost collapsed on Y/n multiple times.He was dehydrated,and tired.Y/n led Daryl over to the wall and sat him down against the wall,under the shade.Carl came out moments later and handed Y/n the canteen.

She turned to Daryl handing the canteen to him.She looked at Carl and nodded.Carl looked down and walked inside leaving the two alone.

Y/n stayed quiet for a few minutes,letting Daryl have sometime to regain his strength.

"What happened out there?"Y/n asked.
"He's dead."Daryl sniffled.Y/n fell silent and looked at the walkers behind the fence.She sat down next to him bringing her legs up to her chest.

"I wasn't there in time to save him."Daryl said with a voice crack."D,no,no,don't blame yourself for this.'Cause it ain't your fault,okay?"Y/n stood on her knees in front of Daryl and cupped his face."Ya hear me it ain't your fault."Y/n said tearing up a bit.Y/n pulled Daryl into a hug.

Daryl silently cried into Y/n's shoulder.Y/n squeezed her eyes shut,hating every moment of him crying.She held it together for him.

-

Y/n folded a blanket and put it in the bin.The prison was silent.The only thing you could hear were shuffling from everyone packing things up.

Everyone was packing everything up,preparing for the inevitable.Really they didn't know exactly what was going to happen,but Carl was upset.No one knew why,but some suspected it was because they were leaving the prison.They place his mother died in.He didn't want to give it up.

-

"It's weird.I agree."Y/n said nodding."He's never done it his whole life."Daryl stated.Y/n stood up,then helped Daryl up off the ground.Daryl grabbed his things then passing Y/n her bag.

-

The smoke bombs exploded and the alarm went off.Everyone inside started screaming.The Governor yelled for them to get on the ground,
but they ran instead.Some encountered walkers trying to find a way out.When they came running out,Glenn,Maggie and Y/n started to shoot at them."Get the hell outta here!"Glenn shouted.They were wearing gear to protect themselves.They were on top of the cross over, and Y/n was on the roof.

They retreated to their vehicles.When they realized they're cannon was jammed,they left.
Glenn took off his helmet and walked out of the gate."We did it?"Maggie asked.Y/n smiled.
"We did it."Glenn nodded with a smile."Come on down."Glenn said.Y/n climbed off the roof from the ladder and took off the helmet.

Everyone re-groups and looked out into the yard seeing the small damages.

"We did it.We drove them out."Rick said."We should go after them."Michonne suggests.
"We should finish it."Daryl agreed with Michonne."It is finished.Didn't you see them hightail it out of here?"Maggie said."They could regroup."Y/n looked at Michonne and Daryl.

"We can't take the chance.He's not gonna stop." Glenn said."They're right.We can't keep living like this."Carol shook her head.

"So we take the fight back to Woodbury.We barely made it back last time."Maggie states.
"I don't care."Daryl retorted."Yeah.Let's check on the others."Rick suggests.They all started to head back inside the prison.

Everyone placed down their weapons on the table."Ya did good."Daryl said to Y/n.
"Thanks."Y/n beamed.Beth came in holding Judith with Carl following behind.Rick walked over to them and kissed Judith's forehead then hugged Carl.

Carl tried to convince Rick to let him go to Woodbury.

-

"Ya sure you want to go back there?"Daryl asked looking at Y/n."Im done with that rat bastard.Im ending this once and for all."Y/n spat.
"You sure you want to do this?"Y/n asked Daryl.
Daryl looked at her."Yeah.'Course."He said.
"I wan' to end this too."Daryl said.

"Im gonna go grab a few things before we head out."Daryl said walked away from Y/n.

-

Daryl handed Michonne a bag and she walked to the truck.Y/n walked up to Daryl and leaned against the bike.

"I wan' you to stay close to me through this.Don't go off doin' some stupid shit."Daryl said."Sure whatever you say,D."Y/n said looking into Daryl's eyes.Daryl looked down with a small grin.

Y/n stood up off the bike and walked over to Rick.Daryl came up next to her.

"We're staying,Rick.If he comes back,we'll hold him off."Glenn states."Just the four of us?"Daryl asked.Y/n looked at Daryl then at Rick.It wasn't going to be a huge problem right?

"Alright."Daryl shrugged,then putting the crossbow sling around his shoulder."I appreciate you stayin'."Rick said with a nod.

Y/n walked over to Daryl's bike."Last chance to stay."Daryl said."Don't go soft on me,D.Im an adult.I got this."Y/n said getting on the back of Daryl's bike.

They drove out the gate and down the dirt path.

Not even an hour later they ran into a bunch of empty cars and walkers.Daryl stopped the engine and put the kick stand up.Y/n got off and readied her bow.The other's got out out the car.

Once they killed the walkers Rick went to the jeep.Then someone bang of the window of the truck.Daryl put his arm out to Y/n and pushed her back lightly.Rick pointed his gun.Daryl opened the door and pushed the girl out.Y/n pointed her bow at the girl.She was shaking,and had blood all over her.

-

Everyone crept up to Woodbury's gates,when some shot a glass bottle then everybody started to shoot.

"Tyreese!Its me Karen!"The girl shouted standing up.Rick pulled her back down.

"Karen?Karen,are you okay?!"Tyreese shouted back."Im fine!"Karen yelled holding her hands in the air and standing up."Where's the Governor?" Tyreese asked."He fired on everyone.He killed 'em all."Karen said."Why are you with them?" Tyreese yelled."They saved me."Karen answered.

Rick looked at everyone."We're comin' out!"Rick yelled.Daryl shook his head.Y/n looked at Rick like he was crazy.

"We're comin' out."Rick said once again.They walked out slowly raising their hands in the air showing they mean no harm.Tyreese and Sasha opened the gates and walked out."What are you doin' here?"Tyreese asked.

"We were comin' to finish this,until we saw what the governor did."Rick explained."He-He killed them?"Tyreese asked."Yeah."Rick nodded.

"Karen told us Andrea hopped the wall goin' for the prison.She never made it.She might be here."

-

"This is where he had Glenn,Maggie and Y/n."Rick said."The Governor held people here?" Tyreese asked."He did more than hold them." Daryl said and looked at Y/n.Y/n exhaled and stayed focused.

They turned the corner and lowered their weapons,hearing thumping inside a room.They saw blood leaking outside of the door.
They walked up to the door as the thumping continued.They stood outside,not wanting to see what's inside.

"Will you open it?"Michonne asked impatiently.
They raised their weapons again.

Rick counted to three then opened it.They saw a dead walker on the floor.Then they see hands closer to the door.

"Andrea."Michonne swiftly walked over to Andrea who was laying on the floor.She dropped her sword and lifted Andrea up.The others walked in.

Rick went over and crouched down to her."I tried to stop them."Andrea breathed."You're burning up."Michonne said touching Andrea's forehead.
Andrea pulled her shirt off her shoulder revealing a bite mark.

"Shit.."Y/n muttered turning around and covering her face."Judith,Carl,the rest of them..."
Andrea said quietly."Us.The rest of us."Rick said."Are they alive?"She asked.Rick looked at Daryl and Y/n.

"Yeah,they're alive."Rick said turning back to Andrea.Andrea smiled weakly and looked at Michonne."It's good you found them."She said.

Michonne started to cry."No one can make it alone now."Andrea nodded."I never could."Daryl shook his head.Y/n nodded in agreement.

"I just didn't want anyone to die."Andrea sighed.
She re-positioned herself."I can do it myself."She said."No."Michonne argued."I have to.While I still can."Michonne hesitantly nodded.Andrea looked at Rick."Please?"She asked.

Rick looked down.

"I know how the safety works."Andrea said with a small smile.Rick grabbed his gun.He grabbed her hand and gently placed the gun on it."Well,Im not goin' anywhere." Michonne said shaking her head.Andrea looked at Michonne,then everyone else.She gently shook her head.

"I tried."She whispered.

"Yeah.You did.You did.."Rick whispered.

Daryl grabbed Y/n's hand and they walked out the room.Rick left as well,leaving just Michonne and Andrea alone.

They sat in silence until they heard they heard a gunshot from inside the room.Y/n inhaled sharply and covered her face with her hands.

-

Y/n sat in the car the entire time Rick lead others into the bus.She tried to take a nap,but couldn't.
She decided to stay in the truck with Rick,as Michonne drove the bus,and Daryl rode his bike.

They helped unload everyone from the bus.
"Y/n."Daryl said."Hm?"Y/n turned and looked at Daryl.Daryl was looking at something.Y/n turned around.Her eyes widened then filled with tears."Oh my god..."She said under her breath."Is that.."Daryl stopped.

"Simone!"Y/n ran up to the small boy who looked around.The boy looked around at the yard confused.Y/n pulled the boy into a hug then pulled away.

Simone smiled seeing it was his sister.He hugged her.Daryl came over and knelt down to Simone's level,and next to Y/n.Daryl placed his hand on her head then grinned.

Rick ran over."You found him,Rick."Y/n exhaled."Why the hell didn't you tell me?"Y/n stood up and wiping her face.She held on to Simone's hand.

"I wanted to surprise you.Things got rough and you deserved a surprise."Rick beamed.

Y/n turned down to Simone and began asking him questions in sign.Y/n learned along time ago and she's still good at it.Simone is still learning.
Simone hugged Rick and signed 'thank you'.
Rick looked at Y/n.

-

Y/n tucked Simone in at the bottom bunk.
"Night bug."She kissed his forehead.She sat next to him the whole time as he drifted off the sleep.

"Hey."Daryl whispered."Hi."Y/n muttered looking at him."Ya ain't gonna leave his side are ya?"Daryl crossed his arm and leaned against the wall.Y/n shook her head."I found him again.I ain't gon' leave him ever again.I can't loose him."Y/n said brushing the hair away from Simone's face.

Daryl came and sat next to Y/n.Y/n turned to Daryl and laid her head in his shoulder.

==================================

So much happened in one chapter I love it ☺️

4184 wc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 79 19
People die, they leave, they lie... But most importantly people change. Those things are the things that Thea Thomas is forced to realize after the w...
134K 3.7K 79
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...
73.6K 1.9K 48
After bouncing from group to group and losing everyone she cared about, Sloane finally decided that her life would be easier if she was on her own, b...
570K 17.6K 124
"As long as you're in it, Wills, I've got the world already." | *𝐔𝚸𝐃𝚨𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝚱* | Willow never thought she'd belong to a group u...