The Lunar Warrior [ATLA FF]

Por JHStories101

As the eldest son of the chieftain he was tasked with protecting the village when his father left to aid in t... Más

Book One: Water | 1 | A Blessed Birth
Book One: Water | 2 | Black Snow
Book One: Water | 3 | The Discovery
Book One: Water | 4 | The Foreigner
Book 1: Water | 5 | Trouble Incoming
Book 1: Water | 6 | The Avatar? Him?
Book 1: Water | 7 | The Journey Begins
Book 1: Water | 8 | The Avatar Returns I
Book 1: Water | 9 | The Avatar Returns II
Book 1: Water | 10 | A Step Forward
Book 1: Water | 11 | The Southern Air Temple I
Book 1: Water | 12 | The Southern Air Temple II
Book 1: Water | 13 | The Southern Air Temple III
Book 1: Water | 14 | Training with Ayaan
Book 1: Water | 15 | Giant Fish?
Book 1: Water | 16 | Warriors of Kyoshi I
Book 1: Water | 17 | Warriors of Kyoshi II
Book 1: Water | 18 | Warriors of Kyoshi III
Book 1: Water | 19 | Just a Dream...
Book 1: Water | 20 | Arriving at Omashu
Book 1: Water | 21 | Everything Was Fine Until...
Book 1: Water | 22 | The Crazy King I
Book 1: Water | 23 | The Crazy King II
Book 1: Water | 24 | The Crazy King III
Book 1: Water | 25 | The Crazy King IV
Book 1: Water | 26 | Training or Punishment? I
Book 1: Water | 27 | Training or Punishment? II
Book 1: Water | 28 | The Pacifist and The Warrior
Book 1: Water | 29 | Are You Stupid?
Book 1: Water | 30 | Familiar Oppression
Book 1: Water | 31 | Differing Opinions
Book 1: Water | 32 | Actions Speak Louder
Book 1: Water | 33 | Allies? I
Book 1: Water | 34 | Allies? II
Book 1: Water | 35 | Awry Plans
Book 1: Water | 36 | It's Always the Quiet One
Book 1: Water | 37 | He Always Says "I'm Fine."
Book 1: Water | 38 | A Warrior's Will
Book 1: Water | 39 | Yon
Book 1: Water | 41 | Liberation II
Book 1: Water | 42 | Liberation III
Book 1: Water | 43 | A Warning
Book 1: Water | 44 | Training or Punishment? III
Book 1: Water | 45 | Familiar, Yet Foreign
EMERGENCY HIATUS
Ayaan Profile!
Book 1: Water | 46 | "I'll always listen."
Book 1: Water | 47 | Unrealized Potential
Book 1: Water | 48 | Waterbending?
Book 1: Water | 49 | The Suspicious Market
Book 1: Water | 50 | The Scroll I
Book 1: Water | 51 | The Scroll II
Book 1: Water | 52 | The Scroll III
Book 1: Water | 53 | The Scroll IV
Book 1: Water | 54 | The Scroll V
Book 1: Water | 55 | Phantom Allies

Book 1: Water | 40 | Liberation I

7.5K 404 155
Por JHStories101

They were being as stealthy as possible as they covered each and every vent in the courtyard. It was a simple and efficient plan to guide the coal when Aang works his Airbender magic.

"I still wish I knew how to make hurricanes," Aang whispered, "but this plan is great, too!"

Ayaan gave Aang a head pat, "I'm sure you will be able to one day."

Avatars were known to be powerful benders, so strong they could make the impossible happen. Storms, eruptions, tsunamis; Gran-Gran had told them many stories about their amazing feats.

Aang smiled at that, imagining himself creating storms, "That'd be totally awesome—" Then he spotted Yon just behind the white-haired youth, "—Woah! You're so tall! You're the biggest person I've ever seen! How'd you get so tall?"

The enormous woman laughed quietly at the excitable little Airbender, "Genetics, proper diet, and lots of training, little one."

"Is it like Ayaan's training...?" Aang withheld a grimace at the thought. The training they were going through with the watertribe warrior was grueling on good days. But it produced excellent results. He actually had muscles now. Didn't matter if they were still small, they were there, and he was proud of them!

He wondered if they would impress a certain waterbender girl he liked...

"Who knows?" She answered mysteriously, making Aang even more curious, as well as apprehensive.

'Why does her smile look so scary?'

That was when he spotted the little creature curled up on her shoulder, and all thoughts about her crazy height and the scary smile vanished.

"Oh my goodness what's that?!" He pointed to Bella, the little flutterbat still tucked into Yon's neck. "A bat? A butterfly? So small..."

"This is Bella, my flutterbat." Yon introduced.

"Byu~" Bella greeted.

"She's adorable!" Aang gushed. There was something about this animal that told him it was a lot different than the ones he encountered, but he didn't pay much attention to that feeling as Bella flew over to him and allowed him to pat her. "Hey Ayaan, have you felt her fur? It's so soft!"

"Yes." He answered. Bella immediately took this chance to fly to him, nuzzling into his cheek again. Happy trills could be heard as he found himself gently petting her with his finger. "It is very soft."

Aang shook his head, "Yet another animal loves you. How do you do that?"

"Apparently, it is a perk of being a blessed child of water." Katara answered, "And he can sense water too, did you know that?"

"What?!" Aang had stars in his eyes, "That's cool! How come you didn't tell us you could do that, Ayaan?"

"I thought it was normal for waterbenders."

The young Avatar was in awe, "So how'd you guys figure out it's because of your blessing?"

"Yon." He pointed to Yon. "She explained it to me."

It was then that he realized something, "You're who those other guys told Ayaan to meet! Sorry for not introducing myself before. I'm Aang. It's very nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too, Little Avatar."

At that, Aang's eyes widened to saucers, "H-how'd you know I was the—"

"The same way I could tell Ayaan here was a blessed child."

She could tell at a glance who this kid was, she was certain every Asrar could. His aura was bright like a beacon, rich and dense from the many lives he'd lived. From the brightness alone she could tell that this kid was a good egg, and probably wouldn't want to hurt a fly.

"Though, on another note, I have some things to tell you and the blessed child when this is all over."

"Hm?" Ayaan raised his eyebrow, indicating his question to the young woman.

"What is it?" Aang asked, curious to know, too.

"I can't tell you right now with all of this happening. Our focus should be here until the task is complete."

"Alright." Ayaan agreed easily. Other things took priority, just as she'd stated. So, he would wait to hear what she had to say. Of course, he wanted to know, too. He had a feeling about what she was going to tell them. An ominous one.

Her eyes had been serious, contrasting with her smile. As someone that hid their expressions, he knew what to look for in another that did the same. What she had to tell them was something she deemed as important. It was something she felt they absolutely needed to hear.

Seeing him agree easily, Aang followed suit with a simple nod of his head. "Okay. Until then!"

They continued to work swiftly and silently, being careful of the guards that were still patrolling. While their security was lacking, it was still very present.

"Ayaan," Katara called out to him. She had been mustering up the courage to ask him something since he'd gotten there.

"Yes?" He was still extremely miffed with her at the moment, but he had better things to do than try to understand her thoughts. He barely gave her a glance before returning to his work. "What is it?"

"You didn't... kill anyone, did you?"

"They were alive when I left them," Ayaan's gaze was hard, almost detached, "But I did not hold back more than not killing them."

Crippling them? He didn't give a damn if he did.

Katara shivered at his answer. Sure, she was more than willing to beat up fire nation scum, but killing...? She'd never thought about that before, and never wanted to think about it. So, wisely, she didn't inquire more about it. But...

'My brother... is really scary when angered.'

She was glad that she hadn't been there to witness it, and was more than terrified that he was currently upset with her right now.

Ayaan went back to his work tying off the vents. He paid zero mind to Katara's dampened mood. He wanted out of this prison. They had to make their way to the North, and he couldn't deal with any more hiccups than this. He was stressed enough as it was. He did not want to stay here any longer than they had to.

But along with his anger and frustration, there was another, more irritating emotion.

He felt ashamed.

Beating those officers down wasn't what he was ashamed of, it was the fact that he'd shown such a sight to his family. He always hid that angry and vicious sight behind a firm wall, but the wall was beginning to crack. His facade was cracking, and they got a glimpse of his true emotions through the small holes that were being formed.

He couldn't let that continue.

He had to get a reign on his composure.

'What did they think of me after that display?'

He didn't want them to worry about him.

No, worse...

'What if they're scared of me now?'

Not just when he was angry; what if they were scared of him?

That was a side of him that he never, ever, wanted them to see. It was one of his reasons for hunting. Aside from enjoying the activity, it was his chance to freely vent his emotions. He could train by fighting the beasts, taking out all of his frustrations on the ravenous creatures that came for him.

When he was alone, when he didn't have to worry about what may happen, or what did happen, his stress lessened. Being within nature calmed him, especially if he was by water. When he couldn't sleep, if he wasn't by the riverside, he was exploring the woods. His thoughts would wander until it was a calm void again, and then he would sleep, hopefully avoiding nightmares.

This shit? It was driving him mental, almost literally. That display with those guards was just the tip of a very large iceberg he didn't want to surface. But just like she had with Aang, Katara is mindlessly destroying it with her recklessness. All of them were.

Sure, they had good intentions, their morals were in the right place and he was proud of that but... He was at his limit. He never thought he'd be stressed to this extent on this journey.

His chest was hurting again. That same dull, persistent ache.

Spirits... he really wished he could vent to Gran-Gran. She'd drop her diamonds of wisdom and calm his troubled heart just by existing. The world didn't seem as daunting when she was there. When he got to this point, he would usually go to her and she would know just what to do, just what to say.

At one point, he'd felt like that toward their father, too. But now, he wasn't sure. Not after he left them for the war.

'Was it for vengeance, for justice, or for distance?'

"Haaaah..." A deep, long sigh escaped him.

Ayaan took a passing glance at his siblings. Katara was being diligent in her tasks, working with Aang and Haru to finish. Tyro and Yon were doing the same.

But Sokka, to his surprise, was looking at him. There was concern on his face, his quiet question clear to the waterbender.

'Are you okay?'

Sokka had been paying special attention to his brother since they got there. His clenched hands, his tense form, and the subtle touch on his chest alarmed him. He noticed all of it because he was looking at him, like, really looking.

Gran-Gran told him a long time ago, Ayaan was a fortress that didn't want anyone to see what was inside, even if he was hurting. What do you do when someone you care for is hurting and the door is locked? Kick it down, obviously. That's what Gran-Gran did, bluntly, every time she noticed he was stressed. Being the child he was, he didn't realize it then, but now?

Sokka saw that Ayaan couldn't meet his gaze and turned away. That gave Sokka all the answers he needed, and he winced.

'It's our fault.'

He knew that his brother was stressed out. What older brother wouldn't be with the stunts they've been pulling? But he knew that his brother wouldn't tell him anything on his own. So, he was going to take his grandmother's advice. After this, he was going to make him spill his thoughts.

'I'll be that person for him. I promise.'

They continued to cover the vents silently and swiftly, no one voicing their thoughts more.

It was then that an angry, cat-like hiss grabbed Ayaan's attention. When he looked, he saw a peeved Momo flying right at him. Within seconds, Momo collided with his face, wrapping around him as he gazed defiantly at the little Bella still on his neck. After a bit of shuffling, they ended up on either side of his head.

"Hey, Momo. This is Bella." His voice was muffled thanks to Momo and Bella hugging his face. Ayaan didn't mind; he was enjoying the cuddles from two cute creatures. His right hand patted Momo on his back, while his left was still gently scratching behind Bella's ears. He could tell from their purrs and trills that they enjoyed the affection.

But while they appeared docile, if one looked closely...

'What are you doing with my human?'

'Your human? He's my human now.'

...One could see glares flying between their gazes.

After getting his urge to pet the soft creatures out of his system, he continued with his work, letting them stay on his person. His shoulders were wide, he could hold them effortlessly.

Meanwhile, Aang was enthusiastically, yet stealthily, introducing his newest friend. "Hey, Sokka! Meet Yon! She's super tall!"

"Yon?" When Sokka took a glance at who Aang was freaking out over, his jaw literally hit the floor. "W-w-w-wha—"

Another person had unlocked the secret to manliness, and they weren't even a man at all! The universe was laughing at him, right? This had to be a joke. But no matter how many times he rubbed his eyes, Yon was still towering over even Ayaan, and his bother was a giant all on his own! How? Why? Where can he find it?! Can't these people share the manliness?!

Yon had white hair like his brother, but her's was a peach-like white that was tinted with the lightest of pinks. Her eyes were vibrant with that strange pigment. But what got Sokka's attention wasn't that, but her enormous size. She was even taller than Ayaan! By an entire head and shoulders! Firm muscles decorated her arms and legs from years of diligent training, her form exuding confidence he wished he had.

Yon smirked. She knew that look. Men and their fragile little pride... it was hilarious when they saw her and it immediately started to shake with both envy and ludicrousy.

"H-h-how are you so—so—!" HUGE! He finished mentally, unable to speak. He was flabbergasted.

"Cause I'm fucking amazing, that's how." If possible, her smirk grew wider. This kid was yet another that would be fun to tease.

Sokka could say with complete certainty at that moment: The world just wasn't fair. "Let's get this over with so I can go sulk in peace."

His muscly dream was getting further and further away. He would never find the secret to manliness at this rate.

"Don't sulk. You have not finished growing yet, Sokka."

"Ayaan Bro...!" I'm supposed to be helping you feel better, not the other way around! Stop being so wonderful for a second!

That was an impossible request and Sokka knew it. Ayaan was Ayaan, there was no way for him to not be wonderful.

"Everything is ready. Now, all there is to do is wait." Ayaan said. "Sokka, my spear."

"Here." He passed his brother his beloved weapon, Yon marveling at the spear.

"That's your main weapon? It's gorgeous." Her eyes were sparkling. "I don't normally use weapons myself, I prefer my fists, but my mother is a bit of a specialist." A smile broke out on her face, "She'd go crazy over this."

"Um." Once again, Ayaan wasn't sure how to accept such honest praise towards his possession. The tips of his ears were sprinkled with a bit of red as he quietly replied, "...Thank you."

Yon was silent for a while before ruffling his hair, "I'm adopting you, kid. From this moment forth, you are my little brother."

"Oi! That's our brother you're trying to steal!" Sokka grabbed his arm, Katara fast to grab the other one, and even Aang joined in, clasping onto his leg.

Yon didn't back down at all, though. If anything, the display riled her up more. "I know. And now he's mine."

This kid was way too cute not to adopt. A cute, vicious little bean. Add the fact that he was a renowned blessed child with a wise head on his shoulders, it was impossible to not want to claim him. So Yon did, and he was now an honorary little brother whether they liked it or not.

"HIIISS!"

"BYUIII!"

Momo and Bella were also in on the tug of war.

"Hm?" Ayaan was totally lost, stuck between them as they pull him to either side. But for some reason, it eased him for them to behave like this. It meant they still loved him, right? They still wanted to be around him. They weren't afraid to be near him, even after that horrid display earlier.

The thought eased his mind, and the subtle pain in his chest finally went away completely.

Eventually, though, they had to get back to work. "Dawn is coming. Our job isn't over yet."

As if summoned, the sun slowly rose in the sky. Pinks and oranges blended within the clouds as the prisoners steadily began to wake. There was a buzz of anticipation in the air, and those who knew were bracing their selves for their moment.

"Ayaan's right. We're running out of time! Are you guys sure this is gonna work?" Katara was getting a bit anxious, understandably. By now, they could be noticed. But it wasn't really a problem at that point since their plan was already in the process of being executed.

"It should. These vents reminded me of our little trick back at the village. We're gonna do the same thing, but on a much bigger scale."

"What thing?"

The three gremlins hiccuped, careful not to make eye contact with the silver-haired male. "Uh... Nothing! It's nothing. Just a little something we did to pass the time while you were away."

Ayaan's eyes narrowed. "This has something to do with Haru's initial capture and Katara's idiotic stunt, doesn't it." They all were careful to avoid eye contact. His eyes narrowed further, "Continue explaining. We will discuss your training later."

They all shivered. Hell was waiting for them, they were sure.

"E-Ehem. There's a huge deposit of coal at the base of the silo. And the whole system is ventilated. We closed off all the vents topside except one, while Aang did the same thing inside. When Ayaan gives the signal, Aang will airbend the coal. It will only have one place to go."

"Right back here, the vent we left open." Ayaan finished. "Everyone, positions."

"Yes!"

It was only minutes later that what they suspected happened.

"There's the intruder!" The siblings were surrounded by a number of spear-wielding Fire Nation guards. Noticing their weapon of choice, Ayaan was intrigued. Mentally, he compared his weapon with theirs.

The shafts weren't as sturdy and the blades weren't as large, but they were three-pronged with a slight variation. Was that for aesthetics? They did not have a counterweight, thus he assumed they were much lighter. While not bad weapons, when he finished comparing them...

'Trash.'

All he could think of was them being trash, as well as the soldiers wielding them. Look at their stances. The fifth guard was unsteady, the fourth guard too forward. The third and second guards held their weapons too close, and the sixth guard looked like a complete noob compared to the others. Sure, they had training, but not enough to compete with him in a show of spears.

'It's almost an insult.'

No, it was an insult, he realized. The smug look on the warden's face said it all.

The prisoners have gathered a safe distance away from this spectacle, observing what is happening.

"Stay back! I'm warning you!" Sokka pulls out his trusted boomerang, going back-to-back with Katara. Ayaan stood in front of them, as the other side was blocked by the vent.

"Don't touch them." He hissed. At his glare, some of the guards took a step back.

Predator. That was what their minds were screaming. His hair reflected the sun's rays, shining like freshly fallen snow. The natural hues of the sky made his burn scars more apparent, and the shade created by the light made his glare even darker.

And plus, he was huge. Where the heck did that spear come from?! They took a look at their arms and compared it with his, then did the same with their legs, their chest...

All of it was lacking in comparison.

Pride? Shattered. A god stood before them. Wives? If they had them, they needed to keep them away from this lad. Daughters? Gotta keep him out of their sight. Sons? Heck, even their sons could be swayed!

Love was omnipotent, love was unbiased, and this lad had it all. All of this glory was pointing a monster of a spear at them, a glare that could freeze the ocean staring them in their eyes.

'Vicious.'

'Terrifying!'

'Why did I accept my transfer here....?'

Yet they had orders they couldn't just disobey, so they held their stances before this beast. As much as they wanted to do anything but that.

"Stop this!" A shout suddenly broke into the tension. It was a prisoner. He was stocky and short, greasy black hair tousled messily about his head. His beard was the same mess. There was a tremble in his frame that spoke of his fear, eyes darting from the children to the guards. "Y-you can't win this fight. Just leave and spare us the torment you've brought!"

It was the third faction that Yon spoke so ill of just the night before.

"Listen to him well, children." The Warden agreed, "You're one mistake away from dying where you stand."

Ayaan growled at him, "I could say the same to you, scum." With a glance to Yon, who nodded, and Tyro and Haru, who did the same, he raised his fingers to his lips. With a powerful, precise blow, a crisp whistle flowed out.

Aang, who had been waiting within the ventilation system, grinned. "That's the signal! Operation: Prison Break! Go!"

On the surface, a sudden rush of air fills everyone's ears. The entire facility begins to shake as if an earthquake somehow hit them. Inmates who didn't know what was coming began to panic, along with the guards who'd lost their balance. That's when the ventilation shaft in front of the watertribe trio bursts off its hinges, an immense blast of coal soaring into the air only to crash down into a pile before them.

Aang leaps out from the barren ventilation shaft, landing atop the coal pile coughing, completely covered in soot.

Everything is silent until a rush of footsteps quickly zeroes in on the guards.

TAP. TAP. TAP. TAP. TAP. A guard turned at the footsteps heading towards him. "What the—"

BAM! A bandaged fist collided with his jaw. The poor guard was launched backward, teeth flying and nose broken. He crashes into the metal wall, his assailant towering over his crumbled form.

"Been waiting months to do that." Yon's smile was feral and menacing, filled with animosity and violent glee. "Come on, boys..."

Scores of men, both young and old, made their way out of the crowd. They wore the same expression on their faces, fueled by untold rage and eagerness. They had been waiting a very long time for this moment.

"Let's wreak havoc!"

"RAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

"FOR THE EARTH KINGDOM!"

"TAKE THIS YOU PIECES OF FLAMING SHIT!"

Black stones flew with the ferocity of missiles toward the unprepared firebenders. Anger and vengeance fueled the prisoners, from the elders to the youths, as if it were their very blood. Grunts and cries echoed across the metal yard; the battle began instantly.

With rapids of flowing, brutal attacks, Ayaan was a river without end. His strikes were ferocious, precise, and unyielding. With his spear in hand, no one could touch him. The blunt end of his prized weapon collided with chins, elbows, and knees. Nothing was spared from the devastatingly heavy blows.

"Gah!"

"Ugh!"

The moment he disarmed them he snapped their spears like twigs in his bare hands. Their incredulous, fear-stricken visages were met with his indignant fury.

They were so lax in their security they did not even think to properly care for their weapons. Brittle shafts, dull blades, worn straps, "Did you dare come at me with these toys?"

They shivered as if trapped in winter. Before them was a beast. A white wolf with blood dripping from its maw. Its icy blue eyes held no mercy or pity.

But the expression on its face shifted when he spotted one among its prey.

"You."

It was the guard who had confronted him upon entering.

"I remember you."

That guard was having a very well-placed flashback at that moment, the words of his usually quiet colleague entering his ears.

One step.

'It was a massacre.'

"You called me a slave."

Two steps.

'A one-sided beatdown'.

"You called my parents pathetic trash."

Three steps.

'An absolute shitshow.'

His body was engulfed in a primal fear as that monster came closer.

'And you had the nerve to start insulting him? Tsk. You are a fucking dumbass.'

"Who gave you the right to belittle my family, rat?"

His screams were drowned out by the rest of the battle.

•───────•⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☾☼☽∘∙⊱⋅•⋅•───────•

The next chapter is available on my Patreon: 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

20.4K 550 10
Y/N is the elder brother of Sokka and Katara. On the day they lost their mother, Y/N swore to protect his brother and sister at all costs. As the old...
254K 7.1K 40
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ғɪʀᴇ ❝ I'm not that stupid girl you led on before. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞...
68.7K 3.4K 59
He lost his memories and soon woke up on a banished Prince's ship without a clue in the world. But this boy somehow reawakens something in the Prince...
90.1K 2.2K 35
𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 | ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄs ❝ I want our future to be just like that, as happy as theirs. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧�...