π’π€π•πˆπŽπ‘ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π— ━...

By evermoreobrien

Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved. (Smallville: Seasons 1-5) (Gotham: Seasons 1-2) Achievements #493... More

Cast
ACT ONE ━ ENEMIES
001. welcome to smallville
002. metamorphosis
003. hot head
004. x-ray
005. cool
006. cassandra carver
007. craving
008. level 3
009. rogue
010. shimmer
011. hug
012. leech
013. kinetic
014. club zero
015. nicodemus
016. stray
017. reaper
018. brianna brady: the woman of tomorrow
019. crush
020. obscura
021. drops of jupiter
ACT TWO ━ FRIENDS
022. chaos after the storm
023. pheromones
024. the spaceship
025. red kryptonite
026. byron moore
027. the fountain of youth
028. lineage
029. ryan
030. double trouble
031. skinwalker
032. visage
033. compromise
034. framed
035. parasite
036. lucas luthor
037. fever
038. family tree
039. magic
040. precipice
041. out of the park
042. emily dinsmore
043. to helen and lex
044. exodus
ACT THREE ━ COMPLICATED
045. atlantis
046. phoenix
047. freak
048. slumber
049. perry white
050. drifter
051. magnetic
052. driving mister crazy
053. how to get away with murder: lionel luthor style
054. sense
055. brainwave
056. premonitions
057. pete vs. dante
058. obsession
059. time of death
060. crisis
061. legacy
062. truth gas
063. memoria
064. false prophet
065. forsaken
ACT FOUR ━ GAMES
066. lois lane
067. chloe's (somewhat qualified) rescue team
068. facade
069. tracey lambert
070. bruce wayne
071. transference
072. cat
073. jinx
074. the balloonman
075. arkham
076. luthor sex scandal expands!
077. viper
078. scare
079. pariah
080. recruit
081. the mask
082. harvey dent
083. krypto
084. shenanigans in shanghai
085. lucy lane
086. the electrocutioner
087. undercover narco investigation
088. the real lex luthor
089. the fearsome dr. crane
090. the scarecrow
091. jerome valeska
092. ageless
093. everyone has a cobblepot
094. long day
095. under the knife
096. the anvil or the hammer
097. commencement
ACT FIVE ━ PUSH AND PULL
099. serum
100. a true calling
101. the maniax
102. the last laugh
103. arthur curry
104. strike force
105. kryptonian disease
106. lexmas
107. reckoning
108. the angel of vengeance
109. eduardo flamingo
110. malone
111. sacrilege
112. smallville serial killer commits suicide
113. hypnotic
114. mister cupcake
115. maddie
116. prison break
117. into the woods
118. oracle
119. pinewood
120. azrael
121. unleashed
122. failed takeover
123. strange
124. vessel

098. fortress of solitude

884 31 0
By evermoreobrien

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      You & Me: Lighthouse

"Ah!" I hold my dislocated shoulder. "Fuck. Damn!" I yelp.

"Clark! Clark!" I hear Chloe shout from afar and I force myself up.

I cry out from the pain before steadying myself on my feet. I turn away and pull my bandana down. I heavily pant as I feel dry blood covering my cheek. After a few more seconds, I place my bandana back over my face and I hold my dislocated shoulder. I look around the foreign, icy place before I rush over to Chloe. I help her up and put her arm around my good side.

"Oh, you again. Hello." Chloe pants. "I don't know who you are, but thank you for saving me. Miles and my cousin, Lois too. I'm Chloe Sullivan. I like your shoes."

I hold back a chuckle before I look up at a building called the Fortress of Solitude. I then look back at her.

"Sure, I'm up for it. Clark might be in there." She nods and I carefully lead her to the building, before wincing from the pain. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" She asks and I stand adjacent from her before grabbing her hand. "Oh, dislocated shoulder. Okay, I got you." She grips my hand tightly and I pull myself all the way back until my shoulder pops in, making me let out a throaty groan. "There we go. You're okay. You're alright now." She assures and I place her arm back around my good side.

We now enter the palace and Chloe shivers. She now wraps both arms around my neck, clinging onto me. I grimace from the pain in my shoulder, trying not to cry out. We then stop to see Clark encircled by the blue light. A gust of wind blows and she falls to her knees, taking me with her.

"Clark!" Chloe cries and I furrow my eyebrows to myself, wondering why I'm not freezing. "Clark, can you hear me? Clark." She wheezes.

"Chloe!" Clark shouts and I gently let go of Chloe before holding my sore shoulder. "Hey!" He calls out to me and I rush out as fast as I can.

I hear a whoosh and I hide behind a big pile of snow. I heavily pant before closing my eyes. I then hear rustling and I thickly swallow. A whoosh is made again and I sigh in relief. I groan in pain before my phone goes off. I take it out before lowering the bandana from my face.

"Yeah, mom?" I answer it with my good arm.

                   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I shove my hoodie and bandana into my bag as the elevator doors open. I now enter the hospital and head over to the front desk.

"Uh, Jonathan and Martha Kent." I lean my arms over the counter with a heaving chest.

"Room 301. Miss, you don't look so good yourself." The nurse tells me.

"I'm fine, thanks." I pant before running towards room 301. "Martha! Jon!" I now enter.

"Brianna." Martha gasps.

"Oh, my God!" Miles jumps into my arms and Lois joins in, making me wince. "Oh, my God, B." He squeezes me.

"Thank God. Agent Brady." Lois whispers before we pull away. "Hey, woah, woah, what happened?"

"I'm fine." I assure.

"Was it from Gotham?" Jonathan walks over and cups both sides of my face.

"I'm fine, really." I nod before Miles hugs me again. "I got a call from my mom. She said you guys were here. Martha, you okay?" I walk over and bend down to hug her.

"I'm fine." Martha hugs me back.

"Who did this?"

"Brianna-"

"Martha, tell me who it was."

"Jason." She tells me. "He, uh...he just went off the deep end." She gives me a knowing look.

He knows about Clark.

"Where is he?" I clench my jaw.

"Brianna, you're not—" Jonathan cuts himself off as I exit the room.

"B!" Miles shouts.

Suddenly, there's an explosion and the windows are blown out. I wave my arm out in front of Jonathan, Miles and Lois before taking out my gun.

"Where is Kal-El?" A man walks towards us.

"Who are you?" Jonathan asks.

"You know where he is." The girl inquires.

"I'm sorry, lady. I don't know who you're talking about." He replies and she picks him up by the neck, choking him.

"Let him go!" I raise my gun at her and she studies me before flinging Jonathan down the hall. "Lois, Miles, go. Go!" I keep my glare on the girl and they run to Jonathan.

"You know where Kal-El is." The girl nods.

"Yeah, I know where Kal-El is." I nod back. "He's hiding out at the Luthor mansion. I can take you to him. And don't even think about touching me. It won't end well for you." I lower my gun and walk with her towards the elevator.

                   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Kal-El's in there." I cover my face with my bandana and then fix my hood over my head as I follow behind her. I watch the Kryptonians walk to the meteor rock-filled safe and are now weakened.

"It's a trick! Get the door! Seal it!" The girl orders and the guy runs to the safe door, which is across the room, and seals it.

"Lying is their way." The guy inquires.

"Not for long." She lunges at me, but I duck, now somersaulting under her.

I now pick up a meteor rock that had fallen out from the vault and she gasps before standing back. I get closer to her before I feel my arm twitch. The rock now glows out and I wince before it falls out of my hand.

"What are you?"

"I heard you are looking for me." Clark enters and we lock eyes. "I'm Kal-El." He keeps his eyes on me.

"At last." The guy smiles.

"Who are you?"

"The last survivers of Krypton." The girl informs.

"What do you want?" Clark asks.

"We want you to join us, Kal-El, and help us make this savage land our Utopia." The guy tells him.

"I saw what you did at the hospital. It's not Utopia, it's murder."

"The few must be sacrificed for the sake of the many."

"Then sacrifice me, cause I'm not going to let you kill anyone else."

"If that is your descision, so be it, Kal-El." The girl slides a bracelet off of her wrist and throws it at Clark.

"Go!" Clark tells me, but I ignore his warning and pull him down with me.

The bracelet misses us and expands mid-air and forms a vortex. The Kryptnians then use their heat visioin on Clark, knocking him towards the vortex, which is attempting to suck him inside of it.

Before he can get sucked in, I take out a small grenade from my hoodie pocket and unhook it before dropping it to the floor. I run to the side and get down before an explosion goes off. A hole is now in the floor and I shoot at the guy and girl with my gun while Clark gets in the hole.

"We can't destroy you, Kal-El, but we can lock you in a place where you can't stop us." The guy says and Clark begins to slip, losing his grip. "It is done."

The girl goes to super speed towards me, but I somersault across the room, beating her to it. I grab onto Clark's wrist before he can fully slip. I grit my teeth before pulling him all the way up. Sharp pains enter my sore shoulder before I spot Lana unconscious in the corner.

My eyes widen before me and Clark push the Kryptonians into the vortex. Once they are inside, the vortex turns into a metallic rectangle with their images on it. It flies through the window and off into the distance. I now hold my sore shoulder and force myself to get up.

"Hey. You're hurt." Clark starts to walk, but I give him a look, making him take a step back.

I now take two steps forward and pick up the glowed out meteor rock with my good arm. I put in my hoodie pocket and make my way over to Lana. I slowly get on one leg and place my ear to her chest. My eyes widen in panic before I start bouncing my hands on her chest.

I keep doing so, not caring about my shoulder in the slightest. She finally opens her eyes and starts coughing. She the gasps for breath and we lock eyes before she closes her. I now pick her up from the floor, holding her in my arms. I lowly grunt from my aching shoulder and I carry her out of the room.

"Hey!" Clark exclaims. "Hey." He repeats and I sense him behind me, but he doesn't get close. "You saved my life. And my friends. So thank you. And I don't know who you are, and you don't have to tell me, but I want you know...your secret is safe with me." He tells me and I continue walking.

"Mm." Lana mumbles as she stirs in my arms, now opening her eyes. "Thank you." She whispers to me and I nod before she wraps her arms around my neck.

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Other than a few cuts and bruises, you're in good, healthy shape, Brianna." Doctor Winston tells me as he writes on his clipboard.

"Duh, she's an agent." Lois crosses her arms and I grin down.

"Now, I'm gonna prescribe you some Tylenol for the pain and two weeks worth of rest. I heard about what was going on in Gotham from the news and I can't even imagine. You need this break, Brianna. You're gonna be okay." He rubs my good shoulder.

"Thanks, Doc." I croak out and he grins before leaving.

"Hey." Miles enters with flowers.

"Hey." I reply and he hugs me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I now pull away.

"Where did you go? Did that man and woman take you?"

"No, I led them into a trap. I then went to go look for Jason, but I found nothing. I just wanna talk to him. How did he even get to that place?

"It's for the best." Miles clenches his jaw. "Trust me, B."

"Miles!" Lois enters. "Really, you shouldn't have." She takes the bouquet of flowers from him.

"Actually, I didn't."

"Too sweet for words. Oh, I gotta catch a plane for Geneva in two hours. If I'm late, the General will court marshall me or something."

"You know, I did wanna say thank you. You were there for my mom and dad. It means a lot." Miles nods.

"I'm sure it does. But, not enough to give me this deluxe Iris arrangement from Main Street Florist." Lois hands him back the bouquet. "She's down the hall. Room 258."

"Okay." He kisses my head before leaving.

"So, Maroni's really dead?" She mumbles as she walks over to me.

"Yeah." I whisper. "Fish killed him. Now Oswald's after her, and Jim's ex, Barbara, tried to kill my mom and Falcone left."

"What?"

"Yeah. And now Falcone...I made him a promise. Me and Jim both."

"What kind of promise?"

"To watch out for the city while he's away."

"Oh, yeah, when you're not still underage, right?" She chuckles. "Cause you don't even turn eighteen until August, and-"

"Lois." I turn to her. "I stand by my word. I always have. This what I'm meant to do. I know it. I feel it. This is my responsibility. Gotham is under my protection now. Forever." I nod.

"Brianna!" Mom enters with Dominic, Jim, Bruce, Harvey and Alfred.

"Hey, guys." I tiredly reply before faintly grinning.

"Kid." Harvey sighs.

"You know me, Harvey. I can't let it go." I wryly chuckle and Jim walks over before cupping both sides of my face. "I'm okay." I whisper. "Just tired."

"Yeah, I know. I know." Jim whispers back before hugging me.

"I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay." I nod and he kisses my forehead before leaving with Harvey.

"I got him, Maya." Lois takes Dominic before leaving.

"I'm alright, Alfred."

"I know you are, Brianna." Alfred nods as he walks towards me. "Just a few scrapes, nothing more, nothing less, huh?"

"Yeah." I grin and he rubs my shoulder before leaving with my mother. "You okay?" I ask and Bruce just hugs me, making me hug him back with my good arm.

"I found it. I found my father's secret, Brianna." Bruce whispers in my ear before pulling away.

"What is it?" I question before Clark stops at the doorway.

"Get some rest first." He tells me. "Hi, Clark."

"Hey, Bruce." Clark pats Bruce's shoulder before he leaves. "Your mom and Jim just told me about what happened in Gotham." He walks over to me.

"Yeah?" I tiredly look up at him.

"Yeah." He half whispers. "Maroni and Falcone?"

"You don't need to worry about Maroni. Fish killed him."

"Fish?"

"Fish Mooney. Oswald worked for her, then he didn't. You know the story. You were there, uh, when it all happened." I fix the collar of my hoodie.

"How bad?" Clark gently turns my head to the side, looking at the cuts and stitches on my cheek and temple.

"Just scratches. I'm fine." I turn my head back. "Is everyone else okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks to the girl in the hood."

"You saw her again?"

"Yeah. She saved me. She saved us all. But she took this glowed out meteor rock with her. I think it's how she gets her powers."

"See? When you don't have me here, you have her." I inquire. "And are you sure she's a girl?"

"Positive." Clark nods. "But she's got a pretty impressive build. Like you."

"Don't give me Tina Grier flashbacks." I push some hair behind my ear. "So, what's up?"

"What's up is that you moved over a thousand miles away. And told everyone but me."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I moved there, okay? And before you ask, no, it's not about Evan, it's just...this place. I'm just done with it. I'm over it. All it does is add more weight to my heart and even though I can carry a good amount, I just can't this time. Not with a whole city depending on me." I keep my gaze forward.

"It's not your job to save it."

"Yeah, it is, Clark." I weakly nod. "I made a promise. To Falcone." I thickly swallow. "In a few years, when I'm older."

"Okay, that's just a few years."

"But you and I both know Gotham. They're gonna need me by yesterday."

"You don't know that."

"I don't?" I scoff. "So many people have died. There's something new every goddamn day." I thickly swallow. "It's like a run on sentence that keeps running on, and on, and on." I laugh to myself before turning to him. "And no one cares. And that's gonna change. I'm gonna change it. It's the only way the others will follow. The difference here is that Smallville picks itself up. It goes on to a new day like nothing ever happened. But Gotham, it's a different world. You don't know and you don't understand."

"So tell me. Make me understand." Clark walks closer to me.

"No." I say, barely audible as I shake my head. "I don't want to. I would never put that on you. You have enough of that here."

"Whether I wanna deal with it or not is not your choice to make. It's mine."

"You're right." I nod. "Which is why I'm making the choice not to tell you. Because I care about you and I would never wanna put you in danger. And if anything were to happen to you, I would never forgive myself."

"Nothing is going to happen to me." He looks me in the eyes.

"What makes you so sure?" I rasp out and his eyes dart around my face.

"I just know." He whispers.

"I made a promise. So did Jim."

"I understand that." He nods. "But how could you not tell me you were moving? When I called you to tell you that Chloe was missing, you had already moved, didn't you? That's why you were acting the way you were, couldn't look me in the eye?" He raises his eyebrows and I don't answer. "Did you think I would've told you not to go?"

"No, not at all." I shake my head.

"Then why?" Clark leans his palms flat on either side of me as I look away from him. "Just tell me...tell me why." He whispers pleadingly.

"I just wanted to get out of here as soon as could. Especially after Evan."

"Don't lie to me."

"What?" I look back at him.

"I'm not mad, I'm not angry—I just wanna know why you didn't tell me."

"I just told you why. What else do you want from me?"

"The truth."

"I just told you the truth."

"Did you?"

"Yes." I clench my jaw. "Name one time when I've ever lied to you." I challenge and he stays silent. "Exactly. Believe what you want, I don't waste my time trying to prove myself to people." I now slowly get off the stretcher. "I'll be at Bruce's over the summer to work on his parents' case. Go be with your parents."

"No, we're not done." Clark stops me.

"Yes, we are." I turn back. "You asked me to explain and I did. So, again, what else do you want from me?"

"I wanna know why you made that promise to Falcone. Knowing you have Ivy League and everything else going for you, why did you decide to turn your back on it?"

"I'm not turning my back on anything." I raise my voice and leave.

"Brianna." He follows me and I see the others turn their heads down the hallway. "Brianna." He turns me around.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I smack his hand off me. "Coming in here and telling me I'm giving up. That's rich coming from the guy who'd rather spend all of his time gazing at the stars rather than get out there and be the man he knows he can be."

"Brianna, I didn't mean it like that, and you know it. I meant-"

"Yeah, I know what you meant. And I may be a know-it-all, Kent, but I still don't know enough." I turn.

"You did your internship, you had literal murder cases during school hours, you were gonna be an agent." He pulls me back. "And now you're making promises to crime bosses-"

"Stop."

"And taking the fall for fake murders, and-"

"Stop talking, Clark!" I hit him.

"No."

"Then I will." I walk past him and make my to Lana's room. "Hey."

"Brianna." Lana whispers.

"Hey, there's my beautiful wife." I walk over and she hugs me, making me wince.

"Hey, what happened?" She now pulls away and cups both sides of my face. "Brianna, oh, my God."

"I'm okay. Uh, after you called me, Fish Mooney and her people had Jim, Harvey, Oswald and Falcone. They needed help or they would've died."

"Wait, the war?"

"I'm guessing you heard from the news too." I sigh before slowly siting on the edge of the bed

"Jim, Harvey, are they-"

"No, no. They're okay. They're here right now. Bruce and Alfred too. They all came to see me. Everyone is okay." I nod. "I'm so sorry I didn't come sooner, I-"

"Don't ever apologize, Brianna. You saved so many people. Including me." Lana nods as tears fill her eyes and I sniffle. "Are you okay?" She gently places her hand on my sore shoulder and I look down.

"No, I'm not." I whisper while looking down a single tear hits the floor. "But I will be." I turn back to her with a grin. "Just gotta keep going, you know?"

"It's okay to not be okay. You know that, don't you?"

"Yeah, I know." I nod. "But no one that I love died, and we all survived the meteor shower. So, I have no reason to mourn, or to grieve, or to sulk. We survived. And it's gonna be okay."

"Are you going back to Gotham, or..."

"I'll be Bruce's over the summer to continue working on his parents' case. Jim and Harvey are gonna fly solo at the GCPD for a while. Just until I'm done with college."

"I'm so happy you got into Princeton. I always knew it would happen." Lana grins.

"I didn't."

"Why not?"

"After my father...I didn't think I'd make it after that night on the field. And I didn't care." I admit. "I just wanted it to be over. I just wanted to die. I wanted to be with him. I know that was selfish thinking."

"No, it wasn't. You've gone through so much pain and you still took care of us. You took care of your family. You put your life on the line without any thought for yourself." Lana cries. "None of us would be able to handle it, Brianna. No one would. Not like you."

"That's what you do when you care about someone, you know?" I wipe under her eye. "And I wouldn't go back. I'd do it all over again." I nod and her lips tremble.

"Me too." She hugs me and I hug her back with my good arm. "Are the bad guys dead?"

"Yeah. They're dead. They're gone." I whisper as I look up at the ceiling with watery eyes. "But new ones will always come. You know that, don't you?"

"Yeah, I know." Lana squeezes me.

"Listen to me." I now pull away. "If you ever have the urge to hurt yourself or anything like that, you give all that pain to me, okay? I can handle it." My voice breaks. "Same goes for Miles, my mom, everyone in our family. You give all that pain to me and I'll make sure none of you never feel that way again. You give it to me. Promise me, Lana."

"I promise." She sobs before hugging me again and I hug her back with my good arm.

I couldn't face Kent. I still can't.

                            ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                                AUTHOR'S NOTE
                                 🪐🌙✨🚀🌌☄️

this episode was SO GOOD!! clark finally knows brianna moved, and once again, not by choice😭 and brianna and lana😌

his hair in season 5 and 6 LORD

                           ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 1.5K 13
This is My first story so I hope you enjoy!!! Plus this will be daminette. Lila manages to get the class under her control only Marinette's true fri...
742 11 22
Season 7 AU, Oliver returns to Metropolis on business. Clark's depressed over Lana's death. An unexpected encounter leads them to a friends with bene...
9.3K 295 20
Disclaimer: I don't own pics or music or show