Ragnarok

By camdawg2

The god's have declared that humanity's time has come to an end and has decided to destroy them. One valkyrie... More

Ragnarok Begins
Roaring Thunder
True Joy
ideals
a battle on multiple fronts.
Reality Check
Top of the mountain
Kings
The Devil and The Ashura
A new challenge.
Battles and Deaths.
Wins and losses.
planning for the future.
Neo Ragnarok Begins.
Magic and Might
Fighting in the Forest
Coward
Buddha vs Susanoo.
machines and magic
madness
True Violence
Dead

Losses

567 15 24
By camdawg2

Cackling madly Soji shot forward, running across the bamboo with easy before leaping into the air as he unsheathed his blade before going for a downward slash. Verethragna seeing the attack coming calmly floated a few inches backwards to afford the slash before throwing a kick to the 1st division captain only for Soji to drop between the bamboo.

once he had successfully avoided the attack Soji launched himself upwards and unleashed a a series of slashes towards the god of victory who was forced to jump back, however Soji wasn't a master of the sword for nothing and was able to land a few small cuts on the god's face. Smirking as he wiped the blood from his face before darting forward and throwing an barrage of punches that forced Soji on the defense as he deflected the best he could with his sword, made more difficult as he had to keep his balance on the bamboo as he slowly was forced back.

Before long Soji was nearing the wall and knew from the look on Verethragna's face that the god wasn't going to let him just reposition himself away. It was when he felt his fair press against the the wall and Verethragna prepare his next punch did Soji act. Leaping high into the air Verethragna was unable to stop his attack in the split second it took him to turn around allowing Soji to land 3 deep cuts on the back of the god of victory.

They might as well have been paper cuts however as Verethragna turned on a dime to face the 1st division captain, materializing a golden curved great sword and clashed with Soji.

"And it's already shaping up to be a fantastic match folks with Soji Okita having the slight advantage!" Heimdall announced as he watched the two fighting prodigies clash. "Well it seems Okita doing well so far." Kojiro muttered as he scratched his chin. "Don't believe for an instant Soji Okita has gained an advantage. Neither has even begun to fight." Thor warned the old swordsman as she entered the fighter's booth.

"Well look who it is, finally done pouting are you?" Loki asked with a giggle as she watched the thunderer come in, the scowl on the red head's face not fazing her in the slightest. Ignoring this Thor approached the edge. "So what are Soji Okita's chances? Verethragna's arsenal is large and varied." Thor asked Brunhilde who nodded. " I am well aware of what Verethragna is capable of, however I know Soji Okita has the skills and arsenal to match him." The 1st Valkyrie told the norse goddess who hummed as she looked back to the stadium.

CLANG

CLANG

CLANG

The sounds of metal clashing rang through the stadium one after anther without end as the two swordsmen continued their fight. Verethragna was using his larger blade to his advantage and kept the human's strikes limited. T'sking Soki once more jumped back to get some space beer taking a deep breathe. "Thunder Breathing, First Form: Thunderclap and Flash." Soki muttered releasing his breathe as lightening danced on it before vanishing in a flash.

Verethranga grunted as he felt something slam into his blade before looking over his shoulder to see Soji standing there with a satisfied look on his face. Curious he looked towards his own blade, his eyes widened as he saw that his blade was badly cracked and chipped. However before he could move Soji once more used his Thunder Breathing and appeared right behind the god whose blade had shattered.

With a cackle Soji spun and unleashed his next attack. "Thunder Breathing, Second form: Rice Spirit." Soji laughed unleashing 5 arched slashes covered in lightening to the god's torso causing blood to burst out. Soji wasn't done however as Verethragna toppled back slightly and Soji used this as his chance to grab the god by the leg and pull him down to the bamboo shots before stomping hard on his chest forcing the god to be impaled on the plant.

Verethranga coughed up blood as Soji held a blade to the god's throat. "Well it might have been short but it was fun, so why don't you just go ahead and give up?" Soji suggested with a smirk only to frown in confusion as Veretheragna gained a smirk of his own.

"With the fun just beginning? I don't think so." The god responded before he started to glow a bright white. A bright light in the sky instantly caught Soji attention as it rocketed towards the pair forcing the swordsman to jump back to avoid it just as it impacted the arena. The resulting impact caused a fiery explosion that covered the entire arena.

"And just when it seems victory was in Soji Okita's grasp Verethragna manged to escape!" Heimdall announced as suddenly a waterfall of water appeared amongst the flames extenuating them as Soji appeared breathing slightly harder due to the smoke that was in his lungs. "Thank god for the WaterFall Basin." He muttered having used the eighth form of the Water Breathing Style to to put out the fire.

"Another fine showing from humanity to be able to survive my White Station is no easy feat., but I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that if you want to defeat me." Verethragna said emerging from the remaining smoke completely healed. Soji only gave a laugh as he took his stance. "Well than.." He shot forward as Verethragna summoned another blade and they clashed once more.

"What are we waiting for?!"

Line Break.

"So now there are two of that battle loving shrimp? That's just what we needed." A woman said with a sigh as the man next to her chuckled. "Come now my love, even you have to admit Verethragna is amusing at times." He chuckled as the woman gave a reluctant one of her own.

(Surtr, the first fire giant)

(Sinmara, Frost Giant)

The married couple were watching the matches inside of Surtr's personal forge and armory though the size was more akin to that of a large city street. "That maybe but still I don't like the idea of two fighters who seemed to love fighting more than anything facing each other. Zeus was bad enough." Sinmara complained getting another chuckle from her husband who was about to respond when the door beyond was blasted open.

Instantly the two were on their feet, Surtr calling two swords to his hands while Sinmara drew her bow and had an arrow made ice ready to fire. The two heard heavy foot steps before the cause of the disturbance became visible revealing themselves to be the giant that arrived with the man and white and the man covered in tattoos.

"Do you need something or are you busting down doors for fun?" Sinmara questioned as she Surtr were watching the invader intently. He looked like a fire giant but one that Surtr didn't recognize.

The giant didn't answer he just started forward again only to for Surtr to twitch his wrist and the giant found himself surrounded by dozens of weapons all pointed towards the giant. "Sinmara asked you a question, It'd be rude if you didn't answer her." He advised as the giant glanced around at the weapons surrounding him before glancing at the two.

"Your hearts, give them to me." The giant spoke his voice like an erupting volcano to the two as glanced at each other with an annoyed expression on their faces. 'Of course.' They thought, it was well known that the two as a sigh of their love gave each other their hearts in the most literal sense, and that should anyone mange to steal them and combine them, unnamable power would be their's to command.

Surtr didn't say a word as he and SInmara turned around to go back to watching as the fire giant sent another wave of his hand to impale and kill the invader.

CLANG

Only to freeze and turn around slowly to see the invader standing there completely unharmed with the weapons completely broken on the ground. The invader raised his sword and then swung his blade down sending a massive wave of fire that reached the ceiling towards. Sinmara jumped instantly two the side to avoid the flames however Surtr simply remained in place as the flames approached him rapidly.

'Does he really think he can hurt me with fire of all things?' He thought incredulously as the fire quickly approached him. A second later he screamed in pain and disbelief as he felt his entire body burn as he jumped out of the fire and into a caldron full of water. 'What the hell was that, how did his fire hurt me?!' Surtr thought with a growl.

Sinmara meanwhile was rapidly approving the invader, shooting off arrows at blinding speeds getting grunts from the giant as the spots the ice arrows hit seemed to glow a dark blue.. The frost giant pressed on as she got in close while taking out a knife and slashing out at the spots where the arrows had landed.

The knife managed to pierce the giant's skin slightly before the giant gave another slash with his sword sending off another blast of fire which Sinmara managed to dodge and jumped back as the giant threw a kick. He was unable to pursue however as Sutr  rushed forward and delivered an upper cup to the giant's jaw sending him flying through the air. Surtr didn't let him go far however as he commanded chains shot out of the ground and wrapped around the invader, dragging him back to the ground covered in chains. Sinmara quickly summoned eyes to entrap the giant's body up to his neck. Seeing her chance to put an end to the fight Sinmara drew her knife and went to slice off neck.

SHINCK

Only to dub over as a spear of molten rock pierced her stomach.

"NO!" Sutr roared in horror only to be blasted back by another wave of fire, launching him into the wall. A second later he was pinned there as the now free invader took up the hilts and broken blades and threw them towards the giant cutting into his flesh. However that didn't mean a thing to him as he broke free from his restraints and rushed towards his downed wife.

Unfortunately it was to late as the giant reached into her chest and tore out the heart she received from Surtr and immediately placed it against his own chest before a fiery expolsoion erupted from the giant.

The explosion blasted the body of Sinmara back towards Surtr who caught her with the upmost care and shielded her from the remainder of the blast. What emerged from the blast was smaller than what the giant had been previously losing about 3 feet, however his body seemed to be made completely of magma with armor made of molten rock covering his arms, legs, chest and head.

However Surtr didn't notice this at all as he cradled his wife tenderly in his arms and wept freely. "Sinmara, oh my beloved Sinmara." He cried holding her close, not being able to see the dead look on her face. He never noticed the fire giant approach as a blade of magma formed in his hand and it was only when Surtr's head was removed from his head did his grip go strength.

The giant didn't say anything as he tore the heart of ice from the fire giant's torso "Finally it's done, and I have what I father needs from me." The giant muttered as he placed the heart near his torso.

"Good for you, now why don't you put it back before I really get mad."

Turning around the giant looked and saw Hephaestus standing there, a look of barely controlled rage. "The forge god. What is your business here?" The giant asked barley registering Brok Sindri and Issac running into grab the giants' bodies. "Was on my way back to the forge when the shaking started." The smithing god growled both in rage and regret.

"Imagine my surprise when I'm greet with the sight of my old friend and his wife dead on the ground and some prick standing above them holding one of their hearts like it was some piece of fruit." Hephaestus hissed before clenching his fist as it was covered in flames.

"So why don't you put that down and I'll make it quick?" Hephaestus offered with the giant chuckling. "Perhaps next time." He chuckled before slamming the heart into his chest as Hephaestus lunged forward as a blinding light enveloped the room.

When Hephaestus could see again he found himself standing alone in the forge trembling greatly before unleashing a howl of absolute rage and sadness before falling to his knees in despair.

Line break.

The fight between the two swordsman were growing wilder with each passing moment. Verethragna summoned hundreds of swords and instantly launched them to the 1st division captain who breathed out an icy mist as he gripped the hilt of his blade with with hands. "Ice Breathing, First Form: Freezing Rain." He muttered and in his arms became a blur of motion as he jabbed thrust forward, destroying each of the blades before he could be hit.

Once the last of them were destroyed Soji launched himself forward and went for another overhead strike only to once again be blocked. Only this time it was different as Soji drew his second blade and after and slashed at the golden blade from below completely shattering it.

"And now." Soji grinned as he crouched "Flame Breathing, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!" He declared as he unleashed two arcing vertical slash in an upwards motion with flames bathing the blades. Normally a technique used for a single blade, the second blade added only doubling the damage.

"And Soji Okita lands another blow upon Verethragna!" Heimdall roared as those on humanity's side cheered  and those that served with him when one earth with the gods scowled darkly at what they saw was another failure.

Those in the human's private box were no different as the lounder and more excitable ones were cheering loudly for the young division captain while the others were watching the match intently wanting the match to end and get another god off the board.

As Verethrgna soared through the air Soji was right behind intending to finish the match. "Flame Breathing. First form: Unknown Flame!" He declared bursting into flames as he went to strike the god as she began to slice through the god's neck. victory seemed to be in sight for the humans however just before the blade could finish cutting through the god's head Verethrgna disappeared.

Soji was on guard instantly as he looked around to see if he could see his opponent only for a flash of light to his right to gain his attention as he turned and saw Verethragna standing by the wall, breathing heavily and sweating but looking completely healed as he sat on his knees.

"Well that was a close one." The god of victory laughed as he shakily got to his feet. "If not for Gale to teleport me away and Ram to revive me I'd be joining Zeus right now." He laughed as Soji smirked as he readied his blades. "Oh don't you worry, you'll be joining the old man soon enough." He promised with Verethragna smirking as well.

"Well then why don't we see how you deal with this." The god  said as a mythical glow surrounded him.

"Thus speaketh Lord Mithra....... The sinful shall be met with justice. May spines be crushed, may bones be broken, tendons torn, hair brains and blood mingled and trampled together with the earth. The one unblunted and unapproachable! Oath breaking sinners be purged by the iron hammer of justice! "

"For one cannot come near you with ease! Punish him for breaking the contract!"

The ground began to shake violently as flames emerged with the bamboo erupting into flames forcing Soji to the edge of the arena as a monstrous shadow eclipsed the area as two glowing red eyes grew along with it before the entire stadium saw the monster in it's entirely.

The audience stared on in horror as they stared at the monster. "What the fuck is that thing?!" Hlökk demanded as even though she knew she wasn't the monster's target she was still scared shitless by the monster.

Brunhilde glared at the monster with sweat dripping down her face. "This is the power of Verethragna the Persian god of victory!" She hissed as she glared down at the arena before glancing towards Soji. "Come on Geir you and Okita can do it.' She mentally cheered for her sister.

Back in the arena Soji could feel Geir shaking in his hands. "It's fine Geir we're not screwed yet." He promised before he mentally went over his options. 'Maybe I should use the sun breathing style.' He thought before looking over the beast before shaking his head. "No I don't know what kind of resistance this thing has. Plus he's already shown he has some control over the sun, so I can't image it would hit at full power.' He thought before a grin came to his face. 'Which means there's only one possible option.' He thought as he readied himself.

"So ready to play?" The victory god challenged he landed on top of the boar's head as Soji pointed his weapon towards him. "Let's see what that fur rug of your's can do." Soji challenged as he extended his two swords forward. Verethragna seemed agree and with a single thrust of his hand the beast began its charge toward the division captain.

Soji himself was calm as he watched the oncoming creature approaching before he let out a breathe which seemed to be bathed in light. "Moon Breathing, fourteenth Form:" He began before leaping into the air until he and Verethragna were eye level.

"Catastrophe, Tenman Crescent Moon!"

As the two forces collided an explosion shock the stadium with smoke filling the arena blocking the arena from view. "Incredible, our two fighters have proven they're worth their positions once more! And it looks like we're nearing the end of the fight, but the question is who will be the one to emerge as the victor?!" The announcer questioned as everyone tried to see through the smoke to see if they could make anything out.

Up in the private section the fighters were the same. "Can anyone see anything? Is Geir alright?" Hrist asked worried for her sister along with the rest of her sisters as they hoped their youngest was still alive.

None more so than Brunhilde who was clutching her fist so tightly her fingers were digging into her palms enough to draw blood. Her eyes widened however when she saw something quickly fly through the air which she had to duck to avoid as it crashed into the room.

"Is that?" Thrud asked timidity not wanting to believe her eyes as Reginleif nodded as she trembled. "Indeed." Was all she could muster as she looked at a rather chipped sword.

"Geir."

As if called the sword instantly turned into Geir who was bleeding in a few places, but payed them no mind. "SOJI!" She cried as she ran towards the edge of the area trying to find her partner as she kept calling his name. "Geir what happened?" Brunhilde demanded of her youngest sister. When she didn't respond Brunhilde got even angrier.

"GEIR!"

This seemed to do it as Geir instantly turned to Brunhilde. "Soji threw me, it was during the last clash I was about to strike against Verethragna and the next thing I know I was sent flying through the air!" She cried as Geir's words slowly sunk in.

"If Soji threw Geir out of the stadium, he lost his only means of hurting Verethragna." Izuku muttered a sense of dread begin to fill the group.

"And the only reason he would do that is if he thought she was in danger." Kojiro continued just as the smoke began to clear and everyone attention was once again on arena.

It was in ruins with barely any bamboo shoots remaining and no trace of the boar reaming, however the only thing everyone cared about the out come of the match.

And an outcome had been reached.

Verethragna was covered in blood in bruises, his right arm and leg were missing and his face was heavily scared and looked to be moments away from unconsciousness. And yet he still stood victorious above Soji who was slumped against the wall, 3 holes gorging his troso as blood pored from his wounds and his remaining sword shattered to pieces.

Heimdall raised his horn. "And the winner of Neo Ragnarok round 4 is Verethragna of the gods!" Heimdall roared as instantly the god section erupted like savage beast, malice radiating off them like a plague.

"FINALLY ONE OF YOU PROVE YOU'RE ACTUALLY WORTHE BEIGN CALLED A GOD!

"THIS IS ONLY A TASTE OF WHAT IS TO COME HUMANS!"

"YEAH AND DON'T THINK WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE REST OF YOU TRAITORS, YOU'LL BE JOINING THE HUMANS IN NIFLHEIM!"

Humanity glared and grit their teeth at the words coming from the gods and the gods sitting with them glared furiously at them with some snarling at the ones they used to call friends.

As the gods continued to rant and rave Verethragna approached the human. "They sure are annoying aren't they?" The god of victory remarked as Soji laughed only to cough up some blood as he shakily got to his feet.

"You're only now figuring that out?" He managed to get out before wincing again. "Damnit I really thought I had you." Soji complained but he wore a smirk while saying it, one that seemed even bigger than it was before. Verethragna wore a smirk of his own. "Ours was a battle that if done another ten times, no one could guess the out come." The Persian god stated. "You got that right." Soji agreed as the nurses approached them. "I'd say good luck in the next few rounds, but considering what's at stake I can't do that." He laughed. "And now if you don't mind I'm going to pass out."

And with that Soji collapsed to the ground just as the nurses arrived and quickly loaded them up on stretchers as Verethragna chuckled amusedly as they were carried away.

Back in the area Heimdall was standing on the wall. "Alrighty everyone let's move right along to the next match up what's it going to be?" Heimdall asked as both the match a fighters began to spin. After a few tense seconds the match type stopped.

Right on two swords.

"We've got a death match everyone! Which means other than surrendering the only way to end the match is to kill your opponent!" Heimdall announced as both sides gulped nervously until the selection was finally made.

Anubis vs King Leondias

Humanity at once cheered loud and with pride for the spartan especially those who once lived in Sparta and knew the king's strength personally. The gods however were quite worried. They remembered Leonidas back when both humanity and the gods were quite close and knew quite well what he was cable off. Ares himself was shaking horrible. "That monster is finally having his turn?" He squeaked recalling just how terrifying the human was.

So terrifying in fact that he actively avoided even contacting Sparta until he knew for fact Leonidas was dead.

As for Anubis, his cheering was minuscule along the gods as even after winning the last match, the fear of Leonidas armed with the ability to slay the gods struck fear into the hearts of many. Another reason however was that most if not all Egyptian gods were now setting with the humans, with every few still wanting their destruction.

"So my time as come at last." Leonidas stated raising to his feet a scowl of determination on his face. Brunhilde matched it with one of his own. "Indeed and it's important to win this one, to reclaim the momentum we had from the first three matches." She instructed as the spartan nodded.

"Are you ready to go into battle partner?" Leonidas said glancing down at the blades attached to his side, getting a determined plus in return as the king headed off to prepare.

"Well then shall we head to the infarmrty as well, we must speak with Soji Okita at once." Brunhilde stated getting a furious nod from Geir. "That's right we need to check on him right away!" The youngest Valkyrie stated as she ran off as the others began to leave the room.

As they headed to the infirmary Hermes turned to Brunhilde. "Is checking on Okita the true reason you wished to go see him?" She asked getting Brunhilde to avert her gaze. "I might have also wanted to get as much information out of him as possible. Seeing someone fight is one thing. Getting first hand information out of someone  is entirely different. Verethragna is still in the tournament after all."

All Hermes did was give a giggle in response. "Of course." was her response as the group made their way to the infirmary.

Line Break

"Well there goes for humanity's hope for a perfect win streak." the other Heimdall sighed as he bit into an apple as Magni and Modi watched nearby. "Still it looked like it worked, my influence is growing quite well." He smirked to himself as he watched he gods leave, many of their eyes now glowing a deep red.

A deep stomping caught his attention. "And how did your mission go? Well I take it given the new look, but please tell me you got both the hearts." Heimdall sighed as if he already new the answer.

Which is why a look of surprise emerged from his face when the giant brought forth the ice heart. "Well look at that proof miracles can happen. Now you know what to do right, and when exactly to use that?" He asked getting a grunt and nod from the giant. "Well then off you go and do before careful with it won't you cinder beard?" Heimdall asked his brother.

"Surtr."

At the confused glance the three were giving him the giant explained. "The fire giant I was sent after was named Surtr. I liked it, and much like his heart I've decided to take it for myself." Surtr explained.

"Fascinating." Heimdall dripping from his tone. "But we do have a schedule to keep, so if you could just hurry along now." He said waving away getting a tsk of annoyance from the giant as he lumbered off to his dissertation.

"I thought he'd never leave." Heimdall muttered before turning his head. "And what about you Jugram, I take it your mission is successful as well?" He asked the man in white who had now joined them.

"More or less." Jugram nodded. "With humanity winning as much as it is, they are harder to convince. However there well always be those that can't be swayed." He answered getting a nod from Heimdall. "To be fair not even our best seer's could see how much the humans' would dominate the matches." Heimdall said before shrugging. "Not like it matters humans are weak creatures, more well join us soon enough." Heimdall said shocking Magni and Modi.

"Wait we're trying to recruit the humans too?" Magni questioned getting a sigh from Heimdall. "Of course we're trying to recruit humans as well. Those creatures are the same here as they are anywhere. Full of malice, greed and happily kill each other without a single thought. The fact they could compete with gods just make them more useful."

His brothers nodded at the answer as Heimdall hummed as he watched over the stadium. "Well it doesn't matter. You few more matches and regardless of them being humans and gods. They'll do what ever we want." He chuckled as he watched the clock down to the next match.

Line break.

When the group went towards the medic unit the last thing they expected were two giant robots guarding the entrance.

"What are those marvelous beauties?!" Tesla asked the moment he saw them rushing over to examine every inch of them as they stood and did nothing to stop them. "Those are golems made by Hephaestus to act as guards." Hermes explained before tilting her head in confusion. "Though while on earth he has them here is a mystery." She muttered tapping her chin in confusion.

"Because there was an assassination sister."

Hephaestus appeared from the infirmary as he motioned for all of them to come in, though he shot a suspicious glare towards Power and Pochita as they entered the room. Both Soji and Verethragna were awake and looking better with Verethragna looking about to leave.

The forge god motioned the the group to where four more golems were standing guard as they passed them they were lead to a corned off part of the room. "Brace yourself for what you're about to see." The god warned and pulled the Curtin revealing the corpses of Surtr and Sinmara much to the disbelief of the divine, especially those from the norse pantheon.

"Impossible!" Brunhilde shouted at seeing the giant married couple dead in front of her. "How could something like this happened?!" Thor demanded raising her voice greatly which she rarely does. "Impossible! Impossible! Impossible!" Loki muttered like a mantra while gaining an expression both disbelief and rage.

"What happened you worthless brute?!" Aphrodite screeched at her ex husband who glared furiously back at her. "Shut your fucking mouth your worthless bag of holes! Do you really think I'd have let this happened if I could have done anything to stop it?!" The forge god roared back at her with the goddess of beauty glaring murderously at him.

Surtr and Sinmara were one of the most loving couples she had ever seen, and the two simply adored each other. It moved her heart that even after eons have passed their love hadn't diminished in the slightest in fact it seemed to grow.

So for someone to destroy that was completely unforgivable in her books.

"What happened Hephaestus?" Poseidon asked as she glared down at the bodies of the two giants. After everything that's been happening she just knew who ever was behind it was whoever it was that mutated Hades and tried to invade a few days before.

Hephaestus finally stopped glaring at his ex-wife long enough to sigh and turn to his aunt. "I've got the recording and I'll show you, but no ones going to like it.' He rumbled as he brought out a remote and pressed the button. A second later a screen appeared and the video appeared.

Once the giant appeared Power and Pochita eyes widened. "Oh no." The dog whined getting looks from the others in the room. "You know who that is." Hephaestus asked lowly as fire started to glow around him.

"He's our cousin you dumbass! Another pawn of the Scarlet King! He's a child of the 1st daughter and even among them he's one of the stronger ones! No wonder the fire and ice couple lost." Power quickly explained getting looks of confusion from those who weren't informed of the scarlet king yet.

"We'll explain later just play the video!" Brunhilde snapped, just the mention of the being being the disappearance of two of her sisters pissed her off! Hephaestus nodded as he played the video. The group watched on as the giant attacked and the two giants were quick to fight back. They became shocked when they saw Surtr come burned and gasped in horror as the giant ripped the heart out of Sinmara and then Surtr before disappearing as Hephaestus appeared.

Once the video ended the group stood in silence before Tesla sighed. "What a horrible scene." He sighed before facing the divine. "I know this is insensitive but we must know why did that giant go after the loving couple." Tesla asked getting looks from the divine.

"For their hearts." Beelzebub answered. "When combined Surtr and Sinmara are said to form an unstoppable entity capable of laying siege to anyone or anything. However if someone else combines their hearts with themselves like the giant did with Surtr's they gain that power for themselves." She finished with a sigh as a heavy atmosphere landed on the group.

"It's just another thing to add to the list." Brunhilde sighed. "We were already planning to get our sisters back. Now we simply need to get those hearts back as well. There to dangerous to leave in the hands of the scarlet king if Pochita and Power are to believed." Brunhilde said getting a growl from Hephaestus.

"Alright just who is this Scarlet King, you keep going on about?!" He roared his patience at being in the dark of who ever was being this. "I hate to agree with this oaf, but I need some infromaiotn on him as well." Aphrodite wondered.

The two were qiven a quick run down of the Scarlet King, his history, intention and just what he was capable of." As they finished Hephaestus nodded. "Right then I'll be tagging along with you."

It wasn't a request but a fact that Hephaestus just said as if it was a commonly known thing and Brunhilde was all for it. "Of course Lord Hephaestus we plan to go after Neo Ragnarok is won and we have a small time to prepare." Brunhilde told the forge god who nodded already planning out what to prepare for the mission.

"I will be going as well."

Now this did garner some shocked looks from those assembled as Aphrodite stepped forward. "Those wretches tore apart true love for simple power, and I can't let that go unpunished." She revealed her reason for wanting to go. Brunhilde however was dismissive. "Oh just want could you offer us for this mission?" The 1st Valkyrie asked with Hermes being the one to answer.

"Quite a lot considering she was originally supposed to fight."

Looks of disbelief were shot the goddess of love way with her giving off a smirk. Hermes continued on as if she didn't see anything. "Yes lord Zeus originally wanted her on the roster but she refused, sighting that it wasn't worth her time." The messenger explained with a smile.

Nodding dumbly Brunhilde continued on. "Well then there's only one left thing I'm wondering about." She said before glancing towards Hephaestus. "What does Odin say to all of this?" The valkyrie questioned causing Thor and Loki to look at the forge god as well.

All they got was a snort. "She knows and of course she doesn't care. She's opposed with the tournament and I don't think that's gonna change till it's over." He said with a roll of his eyes as he went to leave.

"Why do you care anyway?" The question brought Hephaestus to a halt as he slowly turned to his ex wife. "You've always been a loner even when we were married, so why do you care so much about these two?" She questioned and was only meet with silence before He slowly turned.

"I have my reasons."

And with that he left, no doubt back to his forges to prepare for the challenges ahead leaving the room to set in silence.

Line break.

"And it is time once again for Neo Ragnarok to continue!" Heimdall announced as both sides roared. "The stage is set but like the first match it clearly favors one of our competitors!" He announced as the arena was revealed.

It was a magnificent Egyptian tome filled with thousands of sarcophagui with beautifully decorated pillars and hieroglyphics lining the wall.

"And now it's time to introduce our fighters!" Heimdall before gesturing to the right. "Fighting for the gods is he!" Heimdall began as the ground began to shake. "He as the lord of the dead command them without mercy and regret!" He began as a panel opened in the center. "When it comes to humans he sees them as nothing more than food and entertainment!" The sound of something quickly rising to the surface was heard until a black and golden sarcophagus emerged.

"His coming is known as the end times for those that are unfortunate to gain his attention!"

The sarcophagus opens releasing hordes of locus as a shadow figure began to emerge.

"The lord of the dead and the god's competitor for round 5! It's-"

a clawed hand emerged from the box as the figure fully emerged!"

"ANUBIS!"

As the gods cheered for their next fighter Anubis sneered as he glanced towards the Egyptian gods sitting on the human side. 'Wretched traitors.' 'He thought with a snarl.

"And the one facing him is he!" Heimdall began to start his next introduction.

BANG

The sound came suddenly that it caused many to jump and turn to see hundreds of spartans on their feet, as they smashed their spear against their shields 

"Fight to your dying breath! No one knows this concept better than he, nor does anyone have the skills to match!"

BANG

As the second shield strike landed the sounds of horses running as well as wheels reached the on lookers ears.

"Born into royalty he endured training even harsher than those he proudly calls brothers and earned the right to lead!"

BANG

The sounds were getting closer and closer.

"Unrivaled in strength and skill and hailed as the greatest solider in history, He truly is one of man's greatest prides!"

BANG

The horses were now visible and the chariot was quickly coming into view.

"Humanity's next fighter!"

The chariot and it's rider were now visible.

"And the greatest king Greece has ever known!"

The chariot wasn't losing speed as it quickly approached Anubis

"I give you!"

With one pull of the reigns the rider brought the chariot to a complete stop.

"LEONIDAS!"

As humanity cheered none louder than his fellow spartans and the citizens of soldiers. King Xerxes smirked as he watched the chariot leave the arena as the spartan faced the god. "Go on Leonidas show this god your true power." He muttered as he prepared to watch the man he respected most once more show humanity's strength.

As both fighters faced each other, Anubis Snarling while Leonidas glared underneath his helm. Heimdall gulped nervously, this was a death match after all and it was bound to get ugly after all.

"And now let the 5th battle of Neo Ragnarok begin!"

To be continued

And that's chapter in the books with the gods gaining a win. Sorry if you're disappointed in the fight between Soji and Verethragna. Both will get their chances to shine in the future I promise.

We also see the scarlet king's forces start to move once again make some big plays such as capturing the heart of Surtr and Sinmara. And yes I know there's a model for Sinmara in god of war but Malvigr has a move seat I can work with.

As for Aphrodite I do remember reading she was originally considered by the author's as a fighter.

Hephaestus past will come up later as well as his connection to Surtr.

Finally we see that the next fight well be a death match between Leondias and Anubis and I'm not sure when it'll be out considering Hogwarts legacy and everything but I won't keep you all waiting to long promise.

Well that it for now

till next time,

Bye

An awesome video that fit perfectly for this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.3K 32
โ•ฐ เฆ“ ๐„๐—๐๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐๐“ โ”€โ”โ˜…ใ€ bnha x fem!ocใ€‘book one | completed โ €โ €โ € โ €โ € โ €โ €โ € โ € โ €โœฆ โ ๐‘ฐ ๐‘ฏ๐‘จ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ป๐‘ถ ๐‘ฉ๐‘ฌ ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘น โž โ €โ €โ € โ €โ € โ €โ €โ € โ € โ €or โž  ๐ˆ๐...
449K 6.8K 33
Blessed with a villian like quirk being isolated the world told him nobody would accept him with his kind of quirk he's ready to prove them wrong m...
277K 5.3K 49
Izuku discovers he has a quirk, but it was kept secret from him do to it's nature. Now it has awakened and is far more powerful thanks to One For All...
12.8K 236 9
After the mess that was the USJ Izuku thought he his troubles were over because suddenly he found himself in the world were his powers originated. No...