๐’๐€๐•๐ˆ๐Ž๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐— โ”...

By evermoreobrien

Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved. (Smallville: Seasons 1-5) (Gotham: Seasons 1-2) Achievements #493... More

Cast
ACT ONE โ” ENEMIES
001. welcome to smallville
002. metamorphosis
003. hot head
004. x-ray
005. cool
006. cassandra carver
007. craving
008. level 3
009. rogue
010. shimmer
011. hug
012. leech
013. kinetic
014. club zero
015. nicodemus
016. stray
017. reaper
018. brianna brady: the woman of tomorrow
019. crush
020. obscura
021. drops of jupiter
ACT TWO โ” FRIENDS
022. chaos after the storm
023. pheromones
024. the spaceship
025. red kryptonite
026. byron moore
027. the fountain of youth
028. lineage
029. ryan
030. double trouble
031. skinwalker
032. visage
033. compromise
034. framed
035. parasite
036. lucas luthor
037. fever
038. family tree
039. magic
040. precipice
041. out of the park
042. emily dinsmore
043. to helen and lex
044. exodus
ACT THREE โ” COMPLICATED
045. atlantis
046. phoenix
047. freak
048. slumber
049. perry white
050. drifter
051. magnetic
052. driving mister crazy
053. how to get away with murder: lionel luthor style
054. sense
055. brainwave
056. premonitions
057. pete vs. dante
058. obsession
059. time of death
060. crisis
061. legacy
062. truth gas
063. memoria
065. forsaken
ACT FOUR โ” GAMES
066. lois lane
067. chloe's (somewhat qualified) rescue team
068. facade
069. tracey lambert
070. bruce wayne
071. transference
072. cat
073. jinx
074. the balloonman
075. arkham
076. luthor sex scandal expands!
077. viper
078. scare
079. pariah
080. recruit
081. the mask
082. harvey dent
083. krypto
084. shenanigans in shanghai
085. lucy lane
086. the electrocutioner
087. undercover narco investigation
088. the real lex luthor
089. the fearsome dr. crane
090. the scarecrow
091. jerome valeska
092. ageless
093. everyone has a cobblepot
094. long day
095. under the knife
096. the anvil or the hammer
097. commencement
ACT FIVE โ” PUSH AND PULL
098. fortress of solitude
099. serum
100. a true calling
101. the maniax
102. the last laugh
103. arthur curry
104. strike force
105. kryptonian disease
106. lexmas
107. reckoning
108. the angel of vengeance
109. eduardo flamingo
110. malone
111. sacrilege
112. smallville serial killer commits suicide
113. hypnotic
114. mister cupcake
115. maddie
116. prison break
117. into the woods
118. oracle
119. pinewood
120. azrael
121. unleashed
122. failed takeover
123. strange
124. vessel

064. false prophet

834 36 5
By evermoreobrien

          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    1121: Halsey

"Why won't you listen to me? I told you I don't wanna talk about it!" Pete slams the phone as we enter the Torch.

"Note to self: forward all telemarketing calls to Pete." Miles nods.

"You wanna tell us what that was about?" I walk over to him.

"It was nothing." Pete mutters.

"Did you pull an all-nighter or do you just find changing clothes every day a little too cliche?" Chloe sets her books down.

"I was a little laundry-impaired this morning."

"How Bohemian of you. Hey, do you wanna cover the gymnastics tryouts?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, can you find someone else?"

"Pete Ross passing up the opportunity to ogle Smallville High's women in spandex?"

"Look, I just can't do it, okay?" Pete inquires and the bell rings. "I gotta get to class."

"Well, hang on a second, and I'll walk with you."
Chloe puts down her coffee cup and Pete leaves without responding. "Or not."

"Pete!" Miles starts to walk.

"Let him go." I stop him. "He'll talk when he's ready."

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Jon, cattle are fed." I enter the Kent house. "Liam and Monty are extra cranky today, though."

"Brianna." Jonathan gets up with Clark and a man with a badge and gun.

"Look, I'm a minor, and that gives me a right to a lawyer, but since I got nothing to hide, fire away."

"Well, it's good to know that you're aware of your rights." The man nods with a grin. "You're Brianna Brady."

"Depends on who wants to know." I cross my arms.

"Well, I do." He chuckles. "Do you mind if we talk in private? Don't worry, you're not in trouble. Far from it."

"I'm aware." I nod. "Yeah, sure."

"Clark, Mister Kent, it was great to meet you, you have a beautiful home." The man shakes their hands before I leave with him. "I stopped at your house first, and your mom told you'd be at work. That's when I ran into Clark at the diner and he said you were here doing work on the farm."

"Listen, Officer-"

"Agent."

"What?" I walk down the steps.

"I'm Agent Jason Gideon. I'm part of the BAU." He holds out his hand.

"R-Right. Oh, my God. Of—Of course. I read your book. And I did a paper on you for extra credit." I shake his hand.

"I'll have to read it."

"It's an honor to meet you."

"No, the pleasure's all mine. I was the one who read your application for the internship. I've never been more astounded in my entire life."

"Thank you, sir."

"I'm sorry for ambushing you like this. I just couldn't wait until June. I had to meet you, see for myself."

"I appreciate that. And—And I'm honored, really. I can't wait to work with you and your team this summer."

"My team and I can't wait to see your face in the lectures. I have someone on the team who's a genius, just like you. I think you two will get along great. His name is Spencer Reid. He's only a couple years older than you."

"Listen, um, no one really knows I'm leaving except for my family, and I wanna hold off for a little while longer, so-"

"I know."

"You know?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"That's my job as a profiler. Don't worry, I told Clark and his father that I was an old friend of your mom's."

"Well, thank you, sir."

"Anytime. And call me Gideon. Just not in class." Gideon grins.

"Will do." I chuckle.

"So, you named the cattle, huh?"

"Yeah. Spotty gave birth last year. Four of them—Liam, Monty, Lila and Amelia."

"Why give 'em human names?"

"Because animals are the closest thing to us—to humans. And they deserve to be treated all the same. The real monsters are out there. Sadistic, bottom feeding vultures to do the unimaginable just because they can. And I wanna stop it. I'm going to." I keep my eyes on the cow pin.

"Well, it was very nice to meet you." He holds out his hand.

"Likewise." I shake it.

"Now, I'm gonna read that paper you wrote on me and see what you got wrong and what you got right." He half jokes before walking off. "Don't be afraid, Brianna. That's not who you are."

"Wait!" I run after him. "Um..." I stop. "If you have time, I would love to give you a tour. Um, of the town. It's not much, but...there are some cool spots if you know where to look."

"You're driving." He tosses me the keys.

  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"I got your call. You didn't get in?" Miles questions as we sit at the Talon.

"No, um, no, I got accepted. They turned down my financial aid, which means I can't go." Lana walks to the cash register and opens it, dropping the letter under the tray.

"Well, wait a minute. Before you commit yourself to pouring lattes in the Sunflower State, why don't you talk to Lex?" Chloe heads over.

"Chloe, I'm not asking Lex for a loan."

"Why not? You know he would happily lend it to you."

"But I wanted to do this on my own."

"Well, selfishly, I would be glad if you decided to stay. But if Lex were in your shoes, do you honestly think that he would let one bump in the road deter him from pursuing his dreams? Call him, babe." Miles kisses Lana.

"I'll even put in a good word." I speak up. "I'll be back, wife." I rub her shoulder before leaving.

                  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Since Lex wasn't at his study, Dale informed me he was doing some tour at a college. Which is weird cause I picture Lex as everything but a teacher. He's smart, but I don't really see him eating a salad in the teacher's lounge.

"Here for the prospective students tour, Clark?" I hear Lex say as I walk down the hallway and I stop in my tracks.

"Did you do this?" Clark questions.

"What possible reason would I have to ransack the office of an obscure teaching assistant?"

"Then tell me why you're here."

"You first."

"Jeremiah was gonna help me with a term paper."

"Term paper. So your visit doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he went ballistic in the caves last night and absconded with a sacred Kawatche artifact."

"I didn't know."

"I'm surprised. I mean, you usually keep such a close eye on everything that happens in the caves, for those term papers you're always writing. Brianna too."

"She was just writing one for extra credit."

"With a 5.0 GPA?"

"She's very intelligent."

"I definitely won't argue that. But I find it a coincidence that you and her both find the caves fascinating."

"She's not here to defend herself, so I can't speak for her."

"But you are anyway."

"You still haven't told me why you're here."

"Well, according to the legend of Naman and Segeeth, this missing artifact bestows extraordinary abilities on whoever possesses it." Lex explains and my eyes widen.

Kyla called Clark Naman before passing.

"You don't really believe that." Clark inquires.

"I like to keep my mind open to extreme possibilities."

"You're starting to sound like your father."

"I guess I should be offended, but, uh, but it looks like he's beat us both to the punch. Tell me something, Clark. Do you have any idea what this might be? Oh, if you find your friend, tell him I'd like to meet him. And good luck with your term paper."

I now run back and hide against the other wall. I wait a few seconds before starting to walk forward.

"Lex." I see him walking my way.

"Brianna, how did you know I was here?" Lex asks.

"You weren't by your study. Dale told me where you would be. Am I interrupting?"

"No, not at all." He leads me with him.

"This'll be fast."

"No rush. What's going on?"

"Heads up, Lana might call or come back to ask you something. It's important to her and she deserves it. It's what she wants and I hope you know that she deserves it too. I'll see you later." I pat his shoulder before walking off with a pounding heart.

I quicken my pace before pulling my hood over my head. I reach the exit and I see Joseph and Lionel walk down the front steps. I bite the inside of my cheek before shoving my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"Even if I knew where he was, what makes you think he'd listen to me?" Joseph questions as I casually walk past them, now in front.

"But as I understand it, you're not only his academic advisor, but you're his spiritual counselor as well, yes? So why not just explain to him that the starblade isn't his to keep." Lionel tells him.

"What do you know about it?"

"I've read your writings, Professor."

"Well, it doesn't belong to you either."

"You know, I have a considerable amount of influence around here, yes?"

"Is that a threat?"

"No, of course not. But I'm fascinated by your work. I'm thinking about giving your department a sizable grant so you can continue your research."

"Don't tell me an educated man like you puts stock in old Indian legend."

"Look, Professor, you and I both saw what Jeremiah did in the cave. I've suspected for some time that there are special human beings who are capable of feats like that. Now I know I'm right."

"If you've read my work, you also know that the blade will crumble if the wrong person touches it."

"Yes. Segeeth. Who is he?"

"According to legend, he's the bearer of darkness."

"Clark." Lionel says and I walk towards a car from a feet away. "Well, this is a coincidence. Your partner in crime not around? Nice to see you. Professor." He walks away from the corner of my eye.

"What did he want?" Clark asks.

"The same thing you do, Naman" Joseph tells him and my eyes widen.

"Professor, please stop calling me that."

"One who denies his destiny can bring about as much pain and suffering as his greatest enemy."

"Please, Professor, I'm just here to help. I don't want Jeremiah to hurt anyone, including himself. This mural was painted on the blinds in his office. I tried drawing it."

"Clark, that's the slumbering place, the ground where the ancient Kawatche used to perform death rituals. Jeremiah is writing his dissertation about it."

"Does it still exist?"

             •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Jeremiah!" Joseph calls out as I walk adjacent from him and Clark with my dim black light.

"Jeremiah doesn't exist anymore, Professor." Jeremiah turns around and I stop in my tracks.

"You can't allow the power of the blade to cloud your judgment."

"It's made things very clear." He looks at the table.

"Your duty is to protect the blade for Naman. He's Naman." Joseph points to Clark.

"Him? He's not even Kawatche." Jeremiah seethes.

"Look, it doesn't really matter who I am. The blade is dangerous, Jeremiah." Clark steps forward.

"It's given me the strength of ten men. I can shoot fire from my eyes. Don't you see, Professor? I am Naman!"

"You're misinterpreting the prophecy, Jeremiah." Joseph inquires and Jeremiah squats down, getting closer to his level.

"All these years I've listened to you, but now I can see you've held me back. You're afraid that I've become more powerful than you."

"Jeremiah, it's the blade. It's corrupting you. Just put it down." Clark says and I take out my gun.

"I don't take orders from anyone. I will be the savior of my people. I will bring Segeeth here and kill him!" Jeremiah tells him.

"You don't even know who Segeeth is. You could kill an innocent person."

"The man I want is far from innocent." He rises to his
feet and holds the knife up into the air.

Clark shoots his heat vision at the blade in an attempt to burn Jeremiah's hand and causes him to drop it. The blade turns red hot, but it has no effect on Jeremiah. Jeremiah turns to Clark with a smile and grips the hot metal with his bare hand, showing that it doesn't hurt him.

"Stay out of my way, false prophet." Joseph orders and my breath hitches.

Jeremiah's eyes begin to glow, and he shoots heat vision at the truck that Clark and Joseph arrived in, causing it to catch fire and explode, flipping into the air and landing with a crash.

Clark and Joseph both fall to the ground from the blast, and Jeremiah speeds away. I now take off and start following Jeremiah's trail by shining my black light on the ground.

            •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"And the agent returns." Mom says as I enter the house with a heaving chest.

"Sorry, mom. Got caught up with something." I close the door.

"Need any help?" Clark asks and I freeze up.

"No, Miles just thought he saw something a few blocks down." I turn to face him before pulling my hood off my head. "What's up?" I place my gun in my holster.

"That new?"

"No, it was my dad's. Found it with his stuff."

"That looks really cool."

"It is, Kent." I nod. "So what's going on?"

"I know I've been distant for some time lately, just wanted to check in." Clark tells me.

"Didn't even realize you disappeared. Guess that explains the peace." I inquire and he scoffs.

"I, uh..." He leads me to a corner. "I also came to warn you."

"About?" I play dumb.

"The caves. You and I did a term paper on it."

"Yeah, for extra credit."

"Yeah, just stay away from them, alright? Joseph came back and we're handling it."

"Let me guess, Lionel?"

"Yeah." Clark sighs.

"Walking ballsack." I retort.

"Yeah." He laughs.

"What is with him and those caves?"

"I don't know. But those caves belonged to Joseph and Kyla's family."

"Does Lex know?" I wonder.

"Yeah, I spoke him earlier." Clark tells me. "So, um, I saw you after Officer Gideon left. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. He just wanted to finally meet me after this time. I gave him a tour of the town." I nod.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Clark?" Mom opens the fridge.

"I'd like that very much, Maya."

"I'm gonna get changed, mom." I inform.

"Okay, baby." Mom replies and I punch Clark's arm before heading upstairs.

"You find anything?" Miles whispers as I enter his room, then closing the door.

"No. Jeremiah's trail went cold after an hour of straight walking." I heave. "You?" I sit next to him on his bed.

"The legend." He looks at laptop. "So you have no idea where he went?"

"I'm pretty sure he's going after Lionel Luthor."

"Because he thinks Lionel is Segeeth."

"I remember when me and Kent first learned about all of this from Kyla. She said Segeeth was supposed to start out as one of the good guys." I thickly swallow.

"But the prophecy isn't written down. It's part of an oral tradition, so it's open to a million different interpretations." Miles tells me.

"What's your interpretation?"

"I don't know."

"Well, Professor Willowbrook thinks that Clark is Naman. Jor-El wants Clark to be some sort of Kryptonian warrior." I realize.

"We need to warn Lionel." Miles tells me.

"No."

"B-"

"I don't wanna give Lionel any information that can help him find this weapon before Kent does. He had to find Jeremiah before he kills Lionel."

"B, even if he does find Jeremiah, we don't know how Clark will get the knife away from him."

"Well, if he does have all of Kent's abilities, there's a good chance that he has his weakness too."

"Kryptonite." Miles turns to me.

"Exactly." I nod. "But let Kent handle this, okay? He'll probably talk to Joseph."

"Your mom invited him for dinner, didn't she?"

"Yeah."

"And he's downstairs."

"Yeah."

                •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"What do you want?" Clark enters the barn and I stop in my tracks before backing away.

"The same thing as you. To ensure the well-being of the Kawatche people." Lionel tells him and my eyes widen.

"Then stop pillaging their caves."

"But who rightfully owns the cave, Clark? Your family? They seem to believe they do."

"That's funny. I could say the same thing about you."

"You want me to leave the Kawatche alone. Deliver a message for me. Tell them to return the stolen artifact."

"Well, I'd be careful if I were you. They say that artifact is dangerous." Clark inquires.

"Acquiring anything valuable always involves a certain amount of risk, and I believe that that knife is valuable in more ways than one." Lionel replies.

"What are you talking about?"

"We'll have to run tests, of course, to be sure, but I believe that starblade is forged from the same metal as the octagonal key. It might be possible to use the metal from the knife to create a duplicate."

"I thought the original was still in the cave wall."

"My scientists haven't been able to find it."

"You honestly believe that I'd help you."

"Why are we playing games, Clark? You and Brianna as eager as I am to unlock the mystery of the cave."

"Brianna doesn't know anything about that key. She's been doing extra credit papers on it to maintain her flawless GPA, that's it." Clark slightly raises his voice.

"Wow." Lionel chuckles.

"What?"

"She defends you the exact same way. Like she did in the caves when I had that...encounter with your father. And from what I saw, it seems to me that maybe she knows more about those caves than she's letting on. Maybe even more than us."

"Look, even if I wanted to help you, the Kawatche don't take orders from me."

"Don't be modest. I'm sure they believe as I do, you're a very special young man. They'll believe you, and Brianna. You can also tell the professor that I can turn from being a loyal ally to his very formidable nemesis in a heartbeat."

"A friend who becomes the enemy." Clark realizes.

"I beg your pardon?" Lionel questions.

"Mister Luthor, those caves may not belong to my family, but this barn does. So get out. And if I so much as hear Brianna's name leave your mouth again, you'll lose your sight permanently this time."

"Thanks, Kent, but I can stick up for myself." I now enter the barn, then getting in Lionel's face and I see him tense up. "Back in my short but memorable juvie days, there was this girl. And she hated my guts. All because my dad put hers away for first degree murder of her mother and rape of her brother. So, one day, she decided to square me up. Big mistake on her part. She didn't stand a chance." I chuckle. "So, one thing led to another, and...I had her neck in my hand." I grab Lionel by the throat and slam him against the beam, making him choke on his breath. "I liked it. I miss it.
So, guess what? You're my new neck." I whisper the last part. "Well, that depends on you. I'll give you the rest of tonight to stew on it." I pull him off the beam and shove him forward. "You see, I like having these meetings with you, Lionel. It's a good outlet for me." I wink and he rubs his throat before leaving. "Are you okay?" I turn.

"Y-Yeah." Clark nods.

"I'm not hiding anything from you. The things I know about the caves, I know from you. I wouldn't do that."

"I know." He walks over to me.

"And if I did find something new, I'd tell you."

"I know."

"Good." I nod. "Now, count some sheep, Kent." I punch his arm before leaving. I then pull my hood over my head, now going to look for Jeremiah again.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Are you sure Jeremiah's trail went cold?" Martha asks as we enter the house.

"I ran through the woods for an hour. I stopped once the footprints did." I tell her.

"Clark?" Jonathan calls out.

"Clark?" Martha says and I see Clark unconscious on the floor.

"Kent!" I run over and kneel down before feeling his neck. "He barely has a pulse. Help me get him over."
I urge and we turn Clark on his back.

"Sweetie, oh, God..." Martha gasps as she sees Clark's bloodstained shirt.

"Martha, why don't you go get something to help stop the bleeding, sweetheart." Jonathan tells her.

Martha goes into the kitchen. She loses her footing slightly as she slips in a puddle of Clark's blood on the floor and looks at it in terror. She gets a towel from the kitchen and runs it under the water as I rip open Clark's shirt, finding the large stab wound.

"You better...You better hurry, sweetheart. C'mon, Clark."

"Kent, c'mon, stay with us." I cup Clark's face. "Stay with me, Clark." I whisper. "You're gonna be okay. Martha!"

Jonathan puts his hands over Clark's wound to stop the bleeding. My eyes then widen as a golden light starts to shine from under his hands. Martha comes to look as the glow fills the room with its light for several moments.

Then, just as suddenly as it came, the glow disappears, and Clark's wound is healed. Jonathan looks at his bloodstained hands and I gently place my hand on Clark's chest.

"Jonathan, how did you..." Martha kneels down.

"I have no idea." Jonathan replies and I take the towel from Martha and start to wipe the blood away from Clark's chest.

"You're okay. You're alright." I whisper to Clark before setting the rag down. "You're okay, Kent. You're not going before me, so don't get anymore ideas." I kiss his forehead before I grab a blanket from the couch and head back over, now covering Clark with it.

"I'll get it." Martha stands up from the corner of my eye as the phone rings and I keep my eyes on Clark.

I shakily exhale before feeling his forehead. I close my eyes in relief before getting up. I grab a pillow off the couch and I head back over. I kneel down and place fine pillow under Clark's head. I sniffle before kissing his forehead again.

"Jackass." I choke out and I lay my head on his chest, then closing my eyes.

                  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Mom? Dad?" I hear Clark say as I open my eyes since I fell asleep on the staircase since the clock hit five in the morning.

"Oh, sweetheart. Thank God." Martha exhales.

"What happened?"

"We found you bleeding to death."

"The blade must've been made Kryptonian metal. I guess my body healed itself."

"Actually, your father did it."

"How?"

"I have no idea, Clark. One minute, I was over you trying to stop the blood, and the next minute you were healed." Jonathan inquires.

"You saved my life." Clark tells him and I slowly stand up.

"I didn't save your life, son. I was just the vessel."

"For Jor-El?"

"However it happened, we should be grateful." Martha says.

"He's not done with either of us, is he?" Clark sighs.

"Clark, Lex called last night. Jeremiah has Lionel." Jonathan reveals.

"I know where they are. I'll go." Clark groans.

"Clark, Jeremiah tried to kill you." Martha tells him and I walk to the top of the stairs.

"Martha. Let him go." Jonathan gives in and I see Clark runs out before I walk down the stairs. "Hey. Brianna, thank you for staying the night."

"You don't have to thank me." I shake my head. "He can't do it alone." I turn.

"Brianna, no." Martha stops me. "Jeremiah could kill you."

"He can kill Kent too, it's not really a winning game here, Martha."

"Brianna-"

"Look, Jon, ever since Van shot me...and I came back...I started to have this feeling. The feeling like...when I know he can handle it and when he can't. And right now, I have to help him. I know it." I half whisper and he places his hands on my shoulders. "I'm going after him, no matter what."

   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Now, Segeeth. You will bring no more darkness to my people." Jeremiah pulls out the blade as I rush over to the scene.

"No!" I jump at Jeremiah, knocking him off the altar.

"Brianna?" Lionel questions as me and Jeremiah roll to the ground.

"Who the hell are you, girl?" Jeremiah yanks me up and I knee him in the crotch before punching him, making him stumble back.

"Brianna!" Clark intervenes and pushes me all the way back.

"I don't know how you survived!" He throws Clark at a tree trunk, knocking the entire tree over.

"Kent!" I see Jeremiah super speed to Clark and crouches over him, now holding up the knife to stab him. "But you won't do it twice."

I now run over and put Jeremiah in a chokehold. I grunt as I feel my muscles flex. I yank him off Clark before letting him go. I then grip his shirt and throw hard, several punches at his face before throwing him all the way back. I glare at him with a heaving chest as hair falls in front of my face. I turn and help Clark up. We lock eyes as we hold onto each other.

"You okay?" I place my hand on his chest and I feel his heart pound against my palm.

"Yeah." Clark heaves as he holds my wrist. "Get Lionel."

"I hate not being heartless." I huff before I run over to Lionel.

"Dad!" Lex enters and we begin to untie Lionel's bonds.

"Brianna, Lex. Jeremiah...where's...where's Jeremiah?" Lionel weakly asks.

"I don't know, dad. But we're gonna get you out of here before he comes back. Thank you." He grips my shoulder and I nod.

"C'mon." I pant.

Lionel sits up rips off his blindfold and turns around. The three of us then stare at the knife in awe. The blade begins to glow with a blinding gold. I step back and take out my gun before Lionel and Lex both reach for the knife and grab it at the same time. The knife crumbles into dust. I then tense up as I feel two hands on my waist. I crane my neck and Clark grabs my hand before we run off.

                •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." I open my window and he climbs through,
now entering my room. "Everyone alive?"

"According to Chloe's sources, the doctors at Belle Reve think that Jeremiah may never come out of his coma." Clark tells me.

"I guess having all those abilities really took a toll on his body."

"Yeah."

"You okay?" I check on Dominic who's sleeping in his crib.

"Yeah, because of you." Clark inquires and I turn as he walks over to me. "How did you know Jeremiah had Lex?"

"You warned me around the caves. Just connected the dots." I point to my temple.

"Yeah, you always do."

"Not always, but a good ninety nine percent." I nod before fixing the collar of his flannel.

"Did you see who grabbed the blade first?"

"They both grabbed it at the same time. Why?"

"Just wondering."

"You and me both." I walk past him before he grabs my hand. I stop before turning my head. We lock eyes before he pulls me into him. I thickly swallow and hug him back.

"Thank you." Clark whispers.

"Anytime, Kent." I lowly reply before pulling away and I grip his shoulders before we share a grin.

Lionel or Lex is his greatest enemy. Now I just have to wait and see.

                       ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                          AUTHOR'S NOTE
                            🪐🌙✨🚀🌌☄️

my baes helping each other out yet again🫶 brianna whooping lionel's ass is better than that old water bottle you keep on your nightstand at 3am☺️ it's time to say goodbye to pete :(

i'm hugging pete

                     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 90 14
Skylar Shaw has secrets. She's kept them well enough in her small town in Kentucky- Smallville- but things have gotten... strange. It seems like ever...
9.2K 295 20
Disclaimer: I don't own pics or music or show
3K 82 12
Her life was full of misery, and she felt like she couldn't ever escape. His life was changing because of a revelation that changed his family's dyna...
313K 11.3K 25
she saved him in ways he didn't know ( kaz brekker x oc ) ( complete ) started : may 26, 2021 finished : june 20, 2021 cover by @aaronhtchnrs