Daring To Love Him (Sandhir M...

By Appyfizz_gone_crazy

Do you know who values life most? The one who is having very little chance to live. Yet there are people who... More

1. Danishk and His Suicide
2. Prajakta Got Hired
3. Prajakta and Her New Home
4. Prajakta and Her First Day
5. Prajakta and Her Fighting Spirit
6. Danishk and Pep Talks
7. Danishk and That Street Beggar
8. Danishk and His Ways
9. Danishk and His Messed-up Mind
10. Prajakta and The Investor's Party
11. Prajakta and Fights
12. Danishk and Restlessness
13. Danishk and The Game
14. Prajakta and Sari?
15. Prajakta and Troublesome Malhotra
16. Prajakta and Obstacles
17. Danishk and the Guilt
18. Prajakta Isn't a Fan of Hospitals
19. Prajakta Got Her Revenge
20. Danishk and Interrorgation
21. Prajakta Sympatized With the Beast
22. Prajakta Is a Mafia Queen
23. Danishk The Prankster On The Loose
24. Prajakta's Death Certificate...
25. Danishk Got Distracted
26. Prajakta's Colourful Day
27. Danishk & Prajakta Kiss
28. Danishk Underestimates Prajakta
29. Truth About Prajakta's Hiring
30. When Prajakta Needed help
31. Prajakta and Forgiveness
32. Danishk and The Blast
33. Prajakta Fell in Love
34. Danishk and Surprises!
35. Danishk hates Birthday Parties
36. Prajakta's Worry
37.Danishk and His Escape
38. Prajakta's Brother
40. Danishk knows
41. Finding Prajakta
42. Danishk and Prajakta's Past
43. Prajakta and the Doctor
44. Prajakta and Danishk's Past
45. Weird and Worried Danishk...
46. Danishk's Promise
47. Prajakta's Insecurities

39. Danishk and Consoling

19 3 2
By Appyfizz_gone_crazy

"There are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone."
― Nicole Krauss, The History of Love

*****************************************************************

As soon as she dragged Danishk away from that bar and her so-called brother was out of sight, she slumped down while bawling heavily. Danishk on the other hand had no clue about what to do while onlookers were giving them weird looks as if he had assaulted her or something. So within seconds, he lifted her up and engulfed her in a warm embrace while his heart thudded at lightning speed. Her soft sniffles became loud sobs and she was not able to have any control over herself and she cried in his arms. For what felt like a few minutes Danishk took her to his house and made her drink some water while still she was a sobbing mess. And Danishk literally had enough of hearing her cries.

"What the hell is wrong with you Prajakta? Just... just stop with your whining and crying. It's so f*cking frustrating!"

His outburst did stop her from crying but a burst of anger erupted within her and she pushed him with all her might causing him to stumble back and lose his balance. And as he was lying down she took advantage and grabbed him by his collar and she hovered over him.

"Well, I am sorry that I am not having a loving and caring family who backs me up every time called me up for every small party and takes care of my drunken arse all the time. I... I can't have such supportive and loving family. So f*cking go to hell and let me cry in peace at my fate!"

She huffed rapidly while he was staring at her in awe. When all the anger evaporated, she started crying profusely while she held his collars and placed her head on his chest trying to find solace while he circled his arms around her and caressed her back.

"It's okay... Praju... it's okay."

After what had been a couple of hours Prajakta was finally calm and exhausted hence Danishk offered her water and a few cut fruits on a plate. When she was done she slumped on the same couch of that lounge area and soon Danishk cleaned up everything and picked Prajakta in a bridal style and took her inside his room. Once he tucked her carefully on the bed with blankets and all, his gaze traveled over her still tear-stricken face... why does he always get this urge to protect her all the time?

Ishaan took a break from typing off his code and was checking his Instagram when he received a call from Danishk.

"Ye-"

"What does Prajakta's brother do? And give me the details regarding their relationship."

And that caused him to roll his eyes. Why can't his friend greet him normally and have a bit of politeness to let people talk?

"Why? Are you having a crush on her brother now?"

He heard a groan on the other end and he actually expected the call to end immediately but he was still in line.

"F*cking answer me!"

And there was that scream which was an indication of Danishk's irritation and as Ishaan didn't want his eardrums to get damaged, he cleared his throat and took out Prajakta's file from his system.

"So... her brother faked her death certificate and sold the family property and other assets so that he could settle in Cannada. And for some reason, Prajakta who is a law student didn't take any action against it and dropped out of law school. Maybe she did it because there is no financial backup for her to continue her college."

As Ishaan concluded, Danishk immediately turned towards Prajakta's sleeping face. Gosh! He was so wrong to think that she was some attention seeker and someone who runs behind the money.

"Um... okay, ask someone to keep an eye on that brat and let me know if there is any update."

With that Danishk ended the call while Ishaan heaved a sigh and returned to his work.

"He has drowned too deep for her... hmph! There is no one who could save you, Dan!"

As the dawn came Danishk's housekeeper too entered and started with her daily duties as she entered his room, a scream erupted from her throat at the sight of Danishk lying on the floor and Prajakta sprawled over the bed like a starfish with her hair splayed around her face like a possessed monster. At the commotion, Danishk woke up in fright while Prajakta was sleeping soundly without moving an inch. He quickly strode towards the maid and kept his finger over his mouth and ushered her out.

"Just leave that room and carry on with your work like usual. And don't you dare to utter anything to anyone."

The maid was already petrified so she ran away from him and carried on with her work Danishk returned back to his room to check on Prajakta and she was still sleeping while he could still hear light snores. A chuckle escaped him and he decided to do his morning chores. After he was done, he got dressed and at that moment he heard Prajakta groan and sit up.

"Had a good night's sleep?"

And that startled her causing her to scream and clutch the blanket towards her further.

"Wh... what are you doing? Wait, why am I in your bed again? Ugh! This is so not happening, why am I stuck-"

"Don't you remember last night? you were a sobbing mess and were clinging onto me for dear life. I can prove it if you want I have your snot spots over my shirt."

As last night's incidents reeled back causing her to gasp loudly both with embarrassment and bitterness from her brother she faced.

"Now that you are fresh and up, wash your face and have breakfast with me."

By saying that he left the room while Prajakta trashed around like a crazy person while she yelled into the pillow. Gosh! Why does she have to find herself in such situations all the time? Wish she had that damned 'Harry Porter's vanishing cloak' right now so that she could safely disappear from Danishk's sight and reach her house without bumping into him. But she showed up to the breakfast with tamed hair and a more presentable face.

"Well, have a seat."

She obediently sat on the chair and started nibbling the sandwich which was in front of her while she felt like she has been watched. The maid who finished her duties made her way toward the front door and then she turned back to glance at the girl who was sitting across from the owner of the penthouse. When Prajakta's eyes met hers she smiled a bit nervously as she didn't know what else to do. Danishk followed Prajakta's gaze and he turned towards the maid who opened her mouth only to stutter when his gaze landed over her. He rolled his eyes and asked her to leave to which she obliged.

"Let that brat come to his office today I will make sure to drag him out of this brazen office and lock him in his room so that he could rest in that way."

Mariyam ranted out in frustration while her son Asad was gazing over her pace while a chuckle escaped his lips. Pinching the bridge of his nose he sat on the couch which was opposite the huge french windows offering a pleasing ariel view of the city in Danishk's cabin. He leaned back and enjoyed the view while his mother was pacing anxiously.

"Why are you lazily relaxing? keep your gun ready. Or else that brat will run away."

Mariyam retorted at her son causing him to glare at her but as it had no effect on her he grumbled 'crazy woman' under his breath. At the same moment, the door of Danishk's cabin clicked open and Danishk entered the room only to be surprised to look at the mother and son pair.

"What are you guys-"

Asad didn't waste any time and quickly strode towards him, twisted his good wrist, kept him immobile, and had his gun pointed at Danishk.

"Will you ever stop being a brat and running around just to give us heart attacks?"

Danishk's jaw dropped and tried to struggle from Asad's hold while Mariyam neared him as she glared at him.

"Chachi come on... what's all these-"

"Shut up, you are coming to my residence and I will lock you up in a room till you recover properly. Ugh! You have been giving me headaches continuously these days."

"Chachi I am absolutely fine! I am not at all injured... Asad stop this nonsense and leave me... Chachi I swear only my wrist had been sprained. Those idiots in hospitals put me to bed so that they could launder money from me. Why do you believe those pesky doctors all the time?"

Hearing that Mariyan shook her head and commanded Asad to take him and at the same time Prajakta entered the cabin.

"Sir at what time shall I make an appointment for- oh my gosh!"

She screeched when she saw Asad's revolver pointed at Danishk and as Asad turned towards her, Danishk got the chance to break free and elbow him in his ribs. Asad scrunched down with an oof leaving his mouth.

"Wh-what is going on?"

Asad stood up straight and tucked his gun behind him, under his shirt.

"Um... sorry!"

While Asad muttered an apology to Prajakta, Mariyam held Danishk's ears and pinched to which he started to scream.

"Whatever is done is done! Now your punishment is to come to my pop-up shop and be a good host this weekend!"

"What no-"

"I am not hearing any excuses Danishk! Do as I say or you are going to regret it when I make you my house help for a week."

By saying that she left him and exited his cabin while Asad followed her obediently after muttering that his mother wanted a pig to slaughter and Danishk happened to be there for her at the right place and at right time. Prajakta on the other hand chuckled as she saw Danishk being treated as a small child.

"What are you even laughing at? You... you are going to be responsible for this pop-up thingy. Or else you are going to pay for this! And get me some coffee."

He retorted and dismissed her for which only she could muster was a death glare and leave his cabin as well. Ugh! How could he be so moody like a teen girl PMSing? She made her way towards the cafe and instead of expecting some worker or Shika Malhotra but to her surprise, Dishan was the one who was working as a barista. And to top that he had that apron which had flowery lace at the edge of the straps which Shika used to wear.

"Woah the cousins are driving me crazy today!"

She muttered under her breath while Dishan daintily pushed back a lock of his hair.

"What should I brew for you?"

And with a voice as gentle as possible for a man, Dishan enquired her to which first Prajakta blinked her eyes a few times to believe that it was Dishan who is in front of her and not some lunatic.

"Wha-what are you doing here and what is this outfit of yours?"

As she asked Dishan simply shrugged and with a smile he leaned in.

"Mom is in Dubai handling that stupid Ridz so I am taking over till she comes back. And by the way, you didn't answer my question. What should I brew for you?"

A chuckle escaped her and she ordered the usual espresso that Danishk wants. After like a few minutes, Dishan handed over a cup filled with espresso and another cup which caused Prajakta to raise her head and question him.

"It's a latte with whipped cream, it's in the house so enjoy."

He conveyed with a wink and she with a huge grin took a picture of him with her phone and then took both the cups with her while he protested to delete that photo and she just waved her hand without turning back.

"Coffee?"

Prajakta peeked through the door of Danishk's cabin and the frustrated being just gave a small nod while focusing on his laptop. She placed coffee over a coster next to him and left. When out she decided to take a sip of her latte while she munched on some cookies that her friend from the HR department Donna got for her.

"Mmmh the cookies are really buttery and crisp... this is so delicious-"

"Really?"

And Danishk's voice startled her making her choke on her coffee while all of the crumbs were sticking over her upper lips. Danishk slowly neared her and stuck out his thumb towards her and wiped the crumbs off while being just an inch apart. Immediately it reminded both of them of the previous day when they shared that impromptu kiss which caused their heart to race at lightning speed. All Prajakta could think was how easily she is falling so hard for him while Danishk was not able to forget how soft and cushiony her lips were.

************************************************************

A/N:

Oooo something is steaming right now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 1.8K 21
Highest Rating : #6 in #SanDhirff as of 2nd August 2018! Based on the popular Indian Show 'Sadda Haq' aired on Channel V India. "When a trip to a re...
1.7M 53.8K 95
Randhir Singh Shekhawat, a Greek god Casanova , an extremely successful businessman, who carries the hearts of the women in his pocket and loves to...
33.4K 3K 29
#12th in Short story On 20th May 2017 #266 in Fan Fiction On 16th June 2017 I had participated in a contest named as READERS CHALLENGE... and this s...
63K 4.1K 54
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...