π’π€π•πˆπŽπ‘ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π— ━...

By evermoreobrien

Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved. (Smallville: Seasons 1-5) (Gotham: Seasons 1-2) Achievements #493... More

Cast
ACT ONE ━ ENEMIES
001. welcome to smallville
002. metamorphosis
003. hot head
004. x-ray
005. cool
006. cassandra carver
007. craving
008. level 3
009. rogue
010. shimmer
011. hug
012. leech
013. kinetic
014. club zero
015. nicodemus
016. stray
017. reaper
018. brianna brady: the woman of tomorrow
019. crush
020. obscura
021. drops of jupiter
ACT TWO ━ FRIENDS
022. chaos after the storm
023. pheromones
024. the spaceship
025. red kryptonite
026. byron moore
027. the fountain of youth
028. lineage
029. ryan
030. double trouble
031. skinwalker
032. visage
033. compromise
034. framed
035. parasite
036. lucas luthor
037. fever
038. family tree
039. magic
040. precipice
041. out of the park
042. emily dinsmore
043. to helen and lex
044. exodus
ACT THREE ━ COMPLICATED
045. atlantis
047. freak
048. slumber
049. perry white
050. drifter
051. magnetic
052. driving mister crazy
053. how to get away with murder: lionel luthor style
054. sense
055. brainwave
056. premonitions
057. pete vs. dante
058. obsession
059. time of death
060. crisis
061. legacy
062. truth gas
063. memoria
064. false prophet
065. forsaken
ACT FOUR ━ GAMES
066. lois lane
067. chloe's (somewhat qualified) rescue team
068. facade
069. tracey lambert
070. bruce wayne
071. transference
072. cat
073. jinx
074. the balloonman
075. arkham
076. luthor sex scandal expands!
077. viper
078. scare
079. pariah
080. recruit
081. the mask
082. harvey dent
083. krypto
084. shenanigans in shanghai
085. lucy lane
086. the electrocutioner
087. undercover narco investigation
088. the real lex luthor
089. the fearsome dr. crane
090. the scarecrow
091. jerome valeska
092. ageless
093. everyone has a cobblepot
094. long day
095. under the knife
096. the anvil or the hammer
097. commencement
ACT FIVE ━ PUSH AND PULL
098. fortress of solitude
099. serum
100. a true calling
101. the maniax
102. the last laugh
103. arthur curry
104. strike force
105. kryptonian disease
106. lexmas
107. reckoning
108. the angel of vengeance
109. eduardo flamingo
110. malone
111. sacrilege
112. smallville serial killer commits suicide
113. hypnotic
114. mister cupcake
115. maddie
116. prison break
117. into the woods
118. oracle
119. pinewood
120. azrael
121. unleashed
122. failed takeover
123. strange
124. vessel

046. phoenix

1K 44 0
By evermoreobrien

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Maybe Tomorrow: Stereophonics

I stop in my tracks and hide behind the wall as I see the pair stumble out the side of the generator and onto the ground. Still struggling, Jonathan holds onto Clark by his jacket before ramming into a concrete pillar.

It shatters and comes crumbling down on both of them. Clark pushes it away as they both get back to their feet and grab onto each other again. Jonathan throws Clark onto a pile of wood, then landing on top of him.

"Looks like the old man's been working out!" Clark heaves.

"Jor-El and I have an understanding. I'm taking you home." Jonathan inquires.

"I don't care what he's done to you. You're not taking me anywhere."

Jonathan grabs at Clark's kryptonite ring, trying to take it off his finger. Clark shoves him away, sending him flying backwards into a set of pipes that break away when Jonathan collides with them. White steam shoots up out of the ground and Clark gets back to his feet, slowly walking toward the place Jonathan landed.

"Clark!" Jonathan walks out and Clark takes off his jacket. "You don't realize how dangerous you are when you're wearing that ring!"

"It's not the ring. I was born that way. You just can't accept it." Clark tells him.

"Is that what you told Brianna? Or maybe you didn't, because deep down, you know that isn't true."

Clark clenches his jaw and then super speeds forward, grabbing onto Jonathan. Jonathan now grabs Clark, swinging him around in a complete circle, and throws him into a tower of scaffolding.

Slowly, he rises from the rubble, the back of his shirt almost completely torn away. He grabs at the shirt and rips the rest of it off easily, then turns around, revealing the Kryptonian symbol on his chest to Jonathan, making my eyes widen.

"What in the hell did Jor-El do to you, Clark?" Jonathan questions.

"He made sure I'd never forget who my real father is." Clark replies.

Clark then picks up a steel pipe and hurls it at Jonathan. Jonathan ducks, dodging it, and when he gets up, Clark is nowhere in sight. Jonathan turns around, looking for him.

Suddenly, Clark is at his side, pushing him into a steel pillar. Clark holds Jonathan against the pillar by his neck and raises his closed fist ready to strike as the red kryptonite ring shines dully on his finger. Clark hesitates.

"Go on. Do it. If I could raise a son that could kill, then kill!" Jonathan urges and my eyes water as my hand shakes against my gun.

"Ah!" Clark pulls his fist back and the gun slips from my hand.

"C'mon, Kent. Take it off." I cry and Clark slams his fist forward, missing Jonathan and crashing into the corner of the pillar, destroying the kryptonite ring.

Clark falls backwards and a flash of white illuminates Jonathan's body for a brief moment. Jonathan then falls to the ground unconscious. On his knees, Clark raises his face upward growling like an animal as the symbol on his chest glows white and slowly fades until it is completely gone. Clark collapses for only a moment before seeing Jonathan on the ground.

"Dad." Clark now gets up and then kneels next to Jonathan. "Dad? Dad"

"Clark." Jonathan blacks out.

"Dad."

I compose myself and grab my gun before scurrying off. Once I'm far enough, I take out my phone and dial Martha.

"Martha, they're okay. Jon's taking him home. I'm on my way back home too. Everyone's okay." I say into the phone while nodding.

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey, little man." I whisper as I enter my room with Dominic in my arms. "You tired? Yeah. You need a nap, mijo." I kiss his forehead and look up to see Clark sitting on my bed.

"Hi." Clark slowly gets up.

"Hi." I rasp out. "You wanna hold him?" I walk over and gently hand him my brother.

"Hey." He whispers before sitting back down and I join him with watery eyes. "Hey, Dominic. I'm Clark. Your sister likes to make my life miserable for her own entertainment."

"Did you see Lana?"

"Not yet. Hey, buddy." He kisses Dominic's forehead.

"Your mom and dad said a virus got you. That you weren't yourself."

"Yeah." Clark exhales. "Had to go all the way to Metropolis to fight it off."

"Good, that's good." I nod. "Do you remember anything from these past three months?"

"Bits and pieces. But I don't remember the past few days. Just that my dad brought me back home." He tells me and I nod.

"Glad you're okay, Kent."

"I got this for Dominic. Back in Metropolis." Clark holds out a stuffed bear. "I, uh, I got when you first told me your mom was pregnant."

"Thank you." I get up and set the bear inside the crib.

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't ask to get infected with whatever virus someone gave you." I shake my head and Clark gently sets my brother down in the crib. "But you're okay and you're back home with your family. None of the rest of it matters." I turn to him, holding back tears.

"How was Virginia? See a lot of dead bodies?"

"A few." I nod. "Virginia was good."

"When did you get back?"

"A few days ago."

"Listen, um, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna stay."

"What do you mean?"

"Jut some family things going on. We're gonna lose the farm, so, I want you to be the first one to know that."

"Okay." I nod and a lump forms in my throat. "Do you wanna leave?"

"I haven't made up my mind yet." Clark tells me and I slowly nod.

"Okay." I turn before he gently turns me back around, making me hit his body. "What?" I furrow my eyebrows as I see his eyes fill with tears.

"I may not remember much of what happened, but, I remember missing you. Every second of every day."

"Don't go all school girl on me, Kent." I raise my eyebrows and he pushes some hair behind my ear before hugging me.

I hug him back and he squeezes me. I look up at the ceiling with trembling lips as I hold back a sob. I tighten my arms around his neck and he rocks me back and forth.

"I'm really glad you went to Virginia. You deserved that internship." Clark tells me.

"Yeah, glad I went too." I keep my voice steady and he continue to rock me back and forth. "I have to go." I now pull away. "I gotta go do something."

"Can I help?"

"No, it's fine, I can handle it. I won't be long." I exit my room and head downstairs before taking out my phone to dial Lana's asking so I can ask to stay the night with her.

              •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Thanks for letting me stay." I sit across from her in her apartment.

"You're welcome here anytime, Brianna." Lana tells me and we share a grin. "Did Clark come see you?"

"Yeah, last night. Did he come to see you?"

"Yeah, yesterday afternoon."

"I know you're angry, and you have every right to be, but when Chloe told me where he was, and I went to go get him, he wasn't himself. He came down with something."

"Does it have to do with meteor rock?"

"Always does." I scoff. "And I know that's no excuse for him hurting you, but it was never his intention. Kent loves you, Lana. He's just having a little trouble being honest with himself right now. And he's not ready. But you can decide whether or not you wanna wait for him. Cause at the end of the day, it's your decision to make."

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?" I sip my tea.

"Always know what to say." Lana inquires.

"I read a lot." I shrug and she chuckles.

     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." I enter the Torch. "Can I use the printer?"

"Yeah, of course. This is your office too." Chloe tells me.

"Thanks." I walk over to the printer and I open my laptop before pulling up the study sheets I made.

"You already have a test?" She walks over.

"No. I have a debate. If I win, I'll be captain."

"Not that it matters, but, who are you up against?"

"Julia Steinbeck. Her name is right under mine on the Honor Roll. But I don't even care about that, this is just the first club in this school that I actually wanna join."

"Well, you don't need to worry about winning. You make Einstein look dumb." Chloe scoffs.

"Thanks." I connect my computer the printer.

"Oh, here, you left this a few nights ago, never got the chance to give it back to you." She hands me one of my NA chips.

"Thanks."

"I'm really proud of you, you know? We all are."

"Yeah, thanks." I slip the chip in my jean pocket.

"How's Dominic?"

"Only cries every six hours, so it's not too bad. Miles is with him at home, I gotta head back."

"What you need it a major power nap. You're talking way faster than usual."

"I'm practicing. Whoever answers the fastest?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Right." Chloe chuckles. "Well, I was just about to head out, I can stop by, help out."

"That would mean a lot. Thanks, Chloe."

"Of course. I've been meaning to give Dominic the onesie I bought him." She grips my shoulder and I hear the printer click.

"And the bottles in the fridge have to be warmed up for exactly fifteen seconds."

"I got it, Agent Brady. I'll see you later." She turns her head and I lock eyes with Clark before she leaves.

"I didn't know you were here, sorry. Just got a lot to do." I take the papers from the printer.

"I know." Clark walks over to me. "You didn't come home last night."

"Yeah, I had a thing come up."

"Something happened in Virginia?"

"No, a little closer to home. But it's taken care of."

"Anything I can do to help?"

"No, I got it. So does Miles." I look back at my computer and print out the last three documents.

"You don't even need to study. You'll win, no doubt."

"Julia's very smart." I grab the stapler off the desk and walk back over to my computer.

"But not as smart as you."

"I appreciate the ego booster." I pull the last three papers out from the printer and staple them all together.

"I can help you study if you want."

"No offense, but, no." I scoff.

"Yeah, okay, point taken." Clark chuckles and I grab some highlighters from Chloe's desk. "Can we talk?"

"We're talking right now." I set the stapler back down.

"I mean, can we talk later? In the loft."

"About what? You in trouble?"

"No, no. Um, there's just something I need to tell you."

"You need to or want you?"

"Both." Clark nods. "Please." He walks closer to me. "I just...I need to talk to you. I need to tell you. Something I should've told you a while ago."

"I'll see if I have time." I grab my things before leaving.

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Do you know where the Kents are?" I simply ask the strange man and I freeze as he raises a gun at my forehead.

"Let's go." He leads me to the barn and I tighten jaw as I keep walking. "Move it!" He pushes me into the barn with the gun at my back.

"Brianna." Martha looks at me. "Please leave her out of this."

"It's okay, Martha." I nod and take out my gun before I turn, hitting the man in the head with the back of it.

I run past Martha and close the barn doors, making sure no one is watching. I then turn back to see the man pointing the gun at Martha, going to shoot her. I now raise my gun and I pull the trigger, shooting the man in his back. I hear him gasp before the gun falls from his hand. The man now falls on his stomach and I slowly lower my gun, now glaring down at the man with glassy eyes.

"Brianna." Martha heaves.

I place my gun back into my pocket and I walk over to the man. I pick up his gun and I make sure my fingerprints are on it to indicate struggle and self defense. I now drop the gun and I quickly wipe the tear that had dripped off my eyelash.

"Where is he?" I take my gun back out.

                   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"You set me up! There was nobody in that truck! There was nobody in that truck!" Lionel shouts and I stop in my tracks.

Lionel's bodyguard pulls out his gun, and so does another man who starts to shoot at Lionel. The bodyguard pushes Lionel behind a stack of crates to block the bullets and the other bodyguard shoots down the other man's gunman. The bullets strike the gunman in the chest and he collapses.The man pulls out a gun and stands behind his own car as he and Lionel's bodyguard have a shoot off.

They each fire several bullets, none of them connecting. Finally one of the bodyguard's bullets seems to hit its mark when the man is knocked off balance and falls off the pier into the water below. The bodyguard pulls Lionel out from behind the crates. The following exchange takes place as the bodyguard forcefully ushers Lionel to the car.

"Let's get out of here!" The bodyguard yells.

"Where's Morgan?" Lionel looks around.

"Let's go, Mister Luthor!"

"Where's Morgan?"

"I've gotta get you out of here!" He urges and they get into the car.

"No." I whisper as the car speeds away.

I go to run, but I stop to see Clark climb onto the pier. making me close my eyes in relief.

               •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." Clark climbs onto my roof.

"Hey." I lean my arms over my crutched up knees. "I didn't blow you off. I came by the barn, but you weren't there."

"Yeah, I had something come up. I'm sorry."

"No sweat."

"Dominic asleep?"

"Like a rock." I nod. "Lex came by earlier. Told me about what happened with Helen. He apologized about our...disagreement before you left town. He also bought me and Dominic some presents. This being one of them." I look at the bracelet on my wrist. "Happy he's alive. And that your parents are getting a second chance."

"Yeah, I, uh, think I'll be earning every cent of my allowance this year."

"So you're staying?"

"I think I wanna try to put all the stuff that happened in Metropolis behind me."

"If that's what you think is right." I nod.

"It is." Clark nods back.

"Good, cause I don't think me and you living together would've lasted long."

"What do you mean?"

"I told your mom and dad that if you didn't wanna come with them to Metropolis, that you could stay with me."

"Thank you, but, I don't think me and you living together would've lasted long."

"No kidding." I rock my legs.

"But really, thank you."

"Anytime."

"So, um, I was wondering if my job at the diner is still open."

"If you want it." I shrug.

"I'm gonna stay on top, I promise. I know I have to earn your trust back, and Arielle's, and I will. I'll even cut off my breaks."

"Okay, don't go nuts." I tell him and we start to stare at each other before I turn away.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Did you talk to Lana?"

"Yeah. It's just...it's not gonna work out."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Listen, about what I wanted to tell you-"

"Save it for another day. When you're not just gonna say it out of fear."

"It wasn't out of fear. Brianna, I want to-"

"I'm really tired, okay? I'll see you tomorrow." I get up and climb through the window.

I close the window and lock it. A single tear rolls down my cheek before I turn off my light. I look at Dominic sleeping before I sit on the edge of my bed. I take off my high tops and lean my arms over my knees. I heavily pant as my eyes fill with more tears.

My chest heaves up and down before my tears hit the floor. I now get up and exit my room. I head downstairs and leave the house. I grab my bike and sit down, now riding off. I keep going until I'm far enough. I stop and get off. I look around as shaky breaths leave my mouth.

"Fuck!" My voice booms through the whole area and I place my hands on my knees.

I'll be okay.

                       ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                          AUTHOR'S NOTE
                            🪐🌙✨🚀🌌☄️

and down goes another one. and she'd happily do it again for HER MAN!

me when i realized jor-el gave jonthan this powers

anyway, girlboss forever💅🏻

                         ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 11.3K 25
she saved him in ways he didn't know ( kaz brekker x oc ) ( complete ) started : may 26, 2021 finished : june 20, 2021 cover by @aaronhtchnrs
437K 13.1K 200
Yep, number five. Also, amazing cover art by @gyle09! Thanks babe! Wall, message or comment for requests!
101K 2.2K 52
Hi!!!! This is a sequel to Escape to Gotham!! It's a very short story, but please enjoy. ~~~ Marinette was revived by the order of the guardians. Bu...
7.8K 203 24
Disclaimer: I don't own movies pics or shows.