๐’๐€๐•๐ˆ๐Ž๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐— โ”...

By evermoreobrien

Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved. (Smallville: Seasons 1-5) (Gotham: Seasons 1-2) Achievements #493... More

Cast
ACT ONE โ” ENEMIES
001. welcome to smallville
002. metamorphosis
003. hot head
004. x-ray
005. cool
006. cassandra carver
007. craving
008. level 3
009. rogue
010. shimmer
011. hug
012. leech
013. kinetic
014. club zero
015. nicodemus
016. stray
017. reaper
018. brianna brady: the woman of tomorrow
019. crush
020. obscura
021. drops of jupiter
ACT TWO โ” FRIENDS
022. chaos after the storm
023. pheromones
024. the spaceship
025. red kryptonite
026. byron moore
027. the fountain of youth
028. lineage
029. ryan
030. double trouble
031. skinwalker
032. visage
033. compromise
034. framed
035. parasite
036. lucas luthor
037. fever
038. family tree
039. magic
040. precipice
041. out of the park
042. emily dinsmore
043. to helen and lex
044. exodus
ACT THREE โ” COMPLICATED
046. phoenix
047. freak
048. slumber
049. perry white
050. drifter
051. magnetic
052. driving mister crazy
053. how to get away with murder: lionel luthor style
054. sense
055. brainwave
056. premonitions
057. pete vs. dante
058. obsession
059. time of death
060. crisis
061. legacy
062. truth gas
063. memoria
064. false prophet
065. forsaken
ACT FOUR โ” GAMES
066. lois lane
067. chloe's (somewhat qualified) rescue team
068. facade
069. tracey lambert
070. bruce wayne
071. transference
072. cat
073. jinx
074. the balloonman
075. arkham
076. luthor sex scandal expands!
077. viper
078. scare
079. pariah
080. recruit
081. the mask
082. harvey dent
083. krypto
084. shenanigans in shanghai
085. lucy lane
086. the electrocutioner
087. undercover narco investigation
088. the real lex luthor
089. the fearsome dr. crane
090. the scarecrow
091. jerome valeska
092. ageless
093. everyone has a cobblepot
094. long day
095. under the knife
096. the anvil or the hammer
097. commencement
ACT FIVE โ” PUSH AND PULL
098. fortress of solitude
099. serum
100. a true calling
101. the maniax
102. the last laugh
103. arthur curry
104. strike force
105. kryptonian disease
106. lexmas
107. reckoning
108. the angel of vengeance
109. eduardo flamingo
110. malone
111. sacrilege
112. smallville serial killer commits suicide
113. hypnotic
114. mister cupcake
115. maddie
116. prison break
117. into the woods
118. oracle
119. pinewood
120. azrael
121. unleashed
122. failed takeover
123. strange
124. vessel

045. atlantis

1.4K 53 4
By evermoreobrien

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Break Me!: Maggie Lindemann, Siickbrain

"This isn't your fault, Brianna." Jonathan says as I stare at the the floor with his hand on my shoulder.

"He's right." Martha sits down. "After everything you've done for us, for Clark, this is not on you, sweetie." I feel her take her hand in mine before the phone rings. "Hello? Clark. Is that you?" She places the phone to her ear. "Please, come home." She begs before holding out the phone and I slowly take it, now placing it to my ear.

I go to speak, but I can't find the words. It's been three months. Three fucking months. Meaning he's had that damn ring on his finger for three months.

"Kent." I force out. "Listen to me, okay? I don't care what you did, or why you did it. I don't care, okay? I'm not gonna ask questions and I'm not angry with you." I start playing with the necklace he got me. "I just need you to come back, okay? Come back." I say through gritted teeth and my eyes start to water before I hear him breathing softly through the other end. "Okay, um, how about you tell me where you are, yeah? Tell me where you are and I'll come get you. I'll find you, take you back home, alright? Just tell me where you are." I lean my arms over my knees. "If you don't tell me, I'll just find you myself. You know I will." I wryly chuckle.

"I miss you." Clark finally speaks on the other end and I pull the phone away before putting my head down.

I close my eyes and let the tears roll my cheeks. I now pick my head back up and I sniffle. I clear my throat before placing the phone back to my ear.

"I miss you too." I whisper back with a grin as I make a fist around the number pendant from the necklace he got me. "Like, a lot. Maybe."

"So do I. Maybe." He chuckles. "I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"Shh, shh. Kent—" I cut myself off before shaking my head.

"The baby."

"You owe me money, Kent. Cause it's a boy. Dominic Miles Brady."

"Dominic. After your dad?"

"Yeah. Yeah, after my dad." I slowly nod.

"Virginia. The internship. Did you go?"

"Just tell me where you are, okay? I'll come get you. Tell me." I whisper and he hangs up. "Dammit!" I slam the phone down before getting up and I start to pace.

"Brianna—" I cut Jonathan off as I head upstairs and I enter Clark's room.

I slam the door before I run my hands up and down my face. I then run my fingers through my hair before sitting down on his bed. I lean my arms over my knees and I shakily exhale. I now look around his room before I see photos of us on his nightstand.

I furrow my eyebrows before taking them. I see photos of us from the formal, me and him with Miles and Ryan, me on his shoulder when I got back on the field and a bunch of other ones. The door now opens and Martha enters. I look back at the photos before sniffling.

"That one's my favorite." Martha sits down and points to one of me and Clark dancing at the formal with smiles on your faces. "Jonathan's favorite." She laughs as she points to the one of me putting Clark in a headlock and I lowly chuckle. "He spoke to you."

"Yeah." I half whisper. "He wouldn't tell me where he was though. And I know that means he doesn't wanna be found, but...he's gotta keep that ring off. And maybe if I had gone with him when he asked me to, he wouldn't be-"

"No, no, no. Brianna, listen to me." She places her hands on my shoulders. "This is not your fault. None of this, you hear me? This was his first time making a call and he spoke to you the minute you did. And I have a feeling that he's always been meaning to make that call, but he was just waiting for the right person to answer." She raises her eyebrows and I furrow mine.

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"His crimes just keep getting bigger and bigger." Pete inquires as I sit on the couch, playing with my pendant.

"We can't be sure it's Clark." Martha tells him.

"Look, I know you don't wanna believe, but...it's him. What are we gonna do?"

"There really isn't anything-"

"Yeah. You guys get in the truck. I'm gonna get my coat." Jonathan speaks up and I turn to see Martha stop him from leaving.

"Where are you going?" Martha follows him and I get up.

"I'm going to get him."

"He knows what red kryptonite does. He can take that ring off anytime."

"Martha, I don't know that."

"Jonathan, the phone calls. They're the first step. You heard him talking to Brianna."

"I can't just sit around in this farmhouse and do nothing anymore."

"Well, even if you find him, how exactly do you plan on bringing him home? It's been three months. We've been searching all that time. We filed a missing person's report, we have done everything we can."

"Martha."

"The fact is Clark doesn't wanna be found!" Martha holdsJonathan's shoulders and my eyes start to water. "He'll come home to us when he's ready."

"She's right." I nod. "We can't force him. He knows we want him home and he'll come to you when the time is right."

"We just have to have faith." She nods. "Okay?"

"Yeah." Jonathan whispers before Pete hugs me and I hug him back.

"I should've seen the ring sooner." I mumble.

"You're not an agent twenty four seven. You're human. This isn't your fault, Bri." Pete hugs me again and I shakily exhale, hugging him back.

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"I think the cruelest fate that a parent can suffer is to lose a child." Lionel says and I fix my hood on my head as we look at Lex's tombstone. "Lex was touched with greatness. We'd only just begun to see that potential. I-I can only imagine the heights he would have soared to if his life...hadn't been...cut short so tragically." He turns away for a moment to compose himself before Dominic lowly fusses.

"Shh, shh." I bounce him before placing a kiss on his forehead.

Lana softly rubs my brother's back and we share a sad grin. Miles place his hand on my back and Dominic closes his eyes. I grin down at him before I look up. I lock eyes with Clark as he stands in the distance. My heart jumps and I look at Lionel before I see that Clark is now gone.

"These, uh, rituals are meant to bring closure, but there are so many unanswered questions about Lex's disappearance. Questions I hope that will someday be answered, but those answers won't bring him back. I would've searched for a thousand years if I thought he could be found. We can't hold onto the past. In my heart, I will be searching for my son forever." Lionel finishes.

"So will I." I hear Helen say. The crowd parts and I see Helen carrying some flowers. She walks to the tombstone and puts the flowers in the vase.

"If you're here to grandstand for the paparazzi, I will have you escorted out." Lionel warns.

"I wish to pay my last respects to my husband."

"Then, Miss's Luthor, allow me to leave before the hypocrisy begins." He walks away.

"Do you wanna hold him?" I rasp out. "You're his godmother after all."

"I'd love to." Lana smiles and I gently hand her Dominic. "Hi. Hi, Dominic." She whispers with a grin as she holds my brother in her arms. "I'm Lana. Your sister's friend. And your godmother. And I love you, so much." She kisses his cheek with tears in her eyes.

                •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"See that bright one?" I hold Dominic in my arms as I sit on the roof. "Yeah, that's the North Star. It's at the end of the Little Dipper. If you get lost at night, just find that star." I whisper. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to force you to recite this by heart when you're older." I kiss his forehead.

"That's a form of child abuse." I hear Miles say from behind me.

"Prove it." I scoff.

"How's my favorite godson?" Miles takes Dominic from me.

"He's your only godson."

"And always will be." He kisses my brother's head.

"Is my mom sleeping?" I push some hair out of my face.

"Yeah. Can't believe had a c-section."

"I know. She only made it because of Helen. I didn't know it takes a while to heal from that."

"Brianna Brady doesn't know something, what a shock." Miles grins and I roll my eyes. "My mom's letting Clark's parents stay at the Inn."

"That's good." I nod. "We'll figure it out. It's gonna be okay."

"You're right. And he'll come back."

"I know. I'm gonna put him in his crib. Then call it a night."

"Yeah, me too. I'm gonna shower first." I get up and we carefully head back inside my room through the window. "Goodnight." I hug him with one arm.

"Night, B." Miles kisses my temple.

He then kisses Dominic's cheek and places him in the crib a few feet away from my door. He leaves and we share a wave before he closes the door. I run my fingers through my hair and then exhale. I hear a whoosh from outside and turn to my window. I head over and look both ways. I close it and lock it. I turn and grab a towel from my dresser and make my way to the bathroom.

                  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Clark super speeds towards Brianna's house after coming from his parents'. He looks down at the red ring on his finger and takes it off. Red clouds fizz over his blue orbs and then disappear as he exhales. He looks around and super speeds inside as quiet as possible. He lands in the hallway and walks towards a door.

He opens it a crack to see Maya sleeping with the baby monitor on by the nightstand. He closes the door and moves onto the next door. He opens it and looks at Layton and Darion sleeping. He goes to the next one and looks at Miles sleeping on his side with two pillows supporting his head.

He closes the door and turns his head to the last one. He thickly swallows and slowly makes his way over. He leans his ear to the door and hears nothing but silence. He now opens the door and sees Brianna sleeping on her stomach with one leg in, the other out, one arm under the pillow and one on top of it. He slightly grins and walks closer.

He tilts his head and reaches his hand out, brushing a single strand of her coconut scented hair out of her face. He carefully picks up the headphones Cyrus gave her off the floor and sets them on her nightstand. He turns to her cork board and looks at her movie posters. His eyes then land on the walls and he notices that she put up posters of tv shows and her favorite artists too.

He now walks over to the crib and looks down at Dominic. His eyes then open and his little legs squirm. Clark's eyes widen and he super speeds out. He grabs a pacifier from the living room and super speeds back in. He picks up Dominic and places the pacifier in his mouth before his cries can wake up everyone.

Dominic's hazel eyes meet Clark's blue ones and he begins sucking on the pacifier. Clark grins and places a tender kiss on his forehead. He now begins rocking him and heads over to Brianna's desk. He sits down and watches her sleep, with Dominic slowly falling back into it.

   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." I close my journal.

"I know where he is." Chloe enters my room.

"What?" I get up from my desk.

"Yeah, okay, you're gonna totally hate me for this, but I found him two months ago. Some friends of mine from the Planet snuck me into this club and there he was, and I couldn't believe it was him. So I followed him back to his apartment."

"You've known where he's been this entire time and you haven't said anything to anybody?"

"Well, I didn't have a choice. He said if anyone else found out, he'd run away to somewhere no one would find him. And he's not acting like himself, Brianna. He could be dangerous."

"It's okay, Chloe I understand." I nod. "Just give me the address."

"Well, I'll take you." Chloe tells me.

"No, it's okay. Please, Chloe. Just give me the address."

              •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I walk up the stairs of the penthouse Clark is allegedly staying at and I look through the glass window. It seems to be empty and I curse under my breath. I head down the steps and I check the time on my watch.

I look back up at the penthouse and curse under my breath again. I take out my gun from behind my jeans and raise it at the door handle. I squint one eye and clench my jaw. I pull the trigger and the bullet hits the right spot.

"Damn." I hear Clark whistle and I turn my head to see him ride over on the motorcycle.

"I should put one in you next." I seethe and he smirks.

"You changed your mind." He nods and I glance at the ring on his finger before I snatch the sunglasses off his face, now throwing them aside.

"You son of a bi—" I cut myself off as he leans his head up.

"I missed you." He whispers, our noses almost touching.

"You need to come home." I keep myself calm.

"Smallville's not my home anymore. Just like it's not yours."

"Kent." I lean my head forward, now realizing it's touching his forehead, so I pull back. I then place my gun in the back of my jeans, covering it with my shirt.

"You're here for a reason. So get on." Clark tells me and I flick my tongue in the back of my mouth before looking away. "I love it when you do that."

"If I get on, will you shut up?"

"As you wish." He grins.

"I don't wish for things, I make them happen." I get on behind him and he takes off.

                  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey! What's up, Kal?" A waitress passes us as we enter the club.

She must mean Kal-El. Martha, Jonathan and Pete told me everything about the ship and the key a few days after Clark had left. I guess Kal-El is his secret identity, also known as his name on Krypton.

"Oh, for fuck's sake." I see a couple aggressively making out. "Hey! The motel is five blocks down, just an FYI!" I yell over the music.

"You're even more pretty when you're angry." Clark pulls me by the hand to the bar.

"Lana and I don't even have the same eye color." I mutter to myself.

"Hello, there." I feel hands touch my waist.

"Hello is typically followed by goodbye." I keep my gaze forward before harshly elbowing him in the face, then hearing him fall. "Bouncer." I point to the guy on the floor and the Bouncer nods before I lean my arms against the counter.

"What's up, Kal?" A man walks over.

"Hey, what's up?" Clark replies after a few seconds and they do a weird handshake.

"Very impressive elbow. And here I was about to step in." A guy with dark hair and dark eyes pours a drink of sprite.

"Appreciate the gesture. And you should see my fist." I tell him.

"I don't think I want to."

"Right answer." I nod and we share a grin.

"Carter Dolan."

"Brianna Brady. Nice to meet you, Carter."

"Pleasure's all mine, Miss Brady."

"How long have you've been working here?"

"Couple months. I get good tips, pays the bills." Carter fills a cup up with root-beer.

"You in school?"

"Senior. You?"

"Junior."

"Is this your first time in Metropolis?"

"It is."

"So what do you think?"

"It's not so bad." I shrug.

"Well, it's pretty great. Maybe I can show you later. When we aren't shouting over each other."

"Maybe." I nod and he puts the drinks on the tray before walking past me with a grin.

"I'll be right back." Clark tells me before walking away.

"Hey, there, Black Belt. What can I get you?" The bartender asks me with a grin and I lean forward, making him mimic my action.

"Fill it up with water, yeah? I'm an undercover detective. And he's not twenty one." I whisper as low as possible.

"Coming right up." The man nods before filling up a shot glass with water.

"Thank you." I nod and I turn to see Clark walking away from Carter. "What are you doing?"

"Carter forgot his phone, I didn't want anyone to take it." Clark walks back over with a grin.

"Tilt your head back."

"What?"

"Guess you'll never know." I shrug before leaning my back against the counter and I go to drink the shot, but he places his hand on my wrist. "Put the bottom of this in your mouth and tilt your head back." I hand him the shot glass and he puts the bottom of it in his mouth before tilting his head back.

I now lean down and my mouth covers the top of the shot glass. We lock eyes as our noses touch. I now take the cup from his mouth with mine and slowly spin my body back around. I gulp, now swallowing the water. A few people clap and whistle before I flick my head up. The shot glass flies into the air before landing onto the counter. The man then refills it with water.

"Your turn." I place the bottom of the shot glass in my mouth and tilt my head back.

Clark leans down and our eyes lock. He grazes his nose over mine before spinning his body around. He swallows the water before flicking his head up. The shot glass flies in the air and goes to hit the floor. I hold out my hand and catch it before it falls.

"Not bad, Kent. But I always thought beginners luck was a myth." I place the shot glass on the counter.

"That was water." Clark inquires.

"Was it?" I turn to face him.

"You got any more tricks?" He leans down to me.

"Why do you ask?" I lean my elbow on the counter.

"Cause I really liked this one."

"Yeah?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah." Clark nods.

"Glad I could make your night." I nod back. "I'll be right back." I start to walk.

"Hey, why?" He turns me around. "Don't worry, you're safe with me."

"I can take care of myself." I nod. "I need to fix my hair."

"I think you look great. You always do."

"I'm not Lana, Kent." I chuckle. "Besides, just being in the same room as you is nauseating enough." I pat his arm. "I'll be right back." I turn and walk away before dialing Jonathan's number.

"Hello?" Jonathan answers.

"Jon, I found him."

"Brianna, where are you?"

"A nightclub in Metropolis called Atlantis. I can't take the ring off. If I do, he'll snap out of it ask why I'm here."

"Brianna, I want you to be very careful. Now, I'm on my way down there, but if he wants to leave, I don't want you to try and stop him."

"I may not be able to take off the ring, but I can stop him from making further stupid decisions."

"Brianna, no. He's not himself, alright?"

"I know that, Jon. But he wasn't violent the last time. At least not to me. I'm not afraid of him. I never will be. I'm not leaving him."

"Who you talking to?" Clark walks over and takes the phone from me. "Jonathan. How's the farm?" He places the phone to his ear. "Is that right? Hey, what about not dwelling on the past and making a fresh new start? C'mon, you can admit it. You're happier I'm gone. I'm not your son! And you're not my parents, you never have been! You never will be!" He throws my phone to the ground and I tighten my jaw as it breaks into pieces.

"Hey!" Carter walks over and shoves Clark back.

"Carter, don't!" I grab his arm. "Carter, it's fine." I assure. I then slowly blink, composing myself. I crouch down and I pick up my phone that's now broken in half. I turn and throw it in the small garbage nearby, then heading out of the club.

"Brianna." Clark turns me around. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay to be angry, Kent. I may not be adopted, but I know what it's like to be consumed by family secrets. You're going through some things right now and I understand. So here's what we're gonna do." I cross my arms. "You want me to stay? You keep out of trouble. No more stealing, no more heists, no more violence. That's the deal."

"I could never say no to you."

"Okay, then." I nod.

"Let me buy you a new phone." Clark walks closer to me.

"Not with money you stole." I walk past him.

I head over to the motorcycle and I get on. I turn on the engine and I press down the brake line. I tightly grip the handles and throttle them both, making the engine go louder. The wind blows through my hair and I grab the helmet.

"Let's go." I throw him the helmet. "Now."

            ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Nice place." I step out of the shower with wet hair as he sits on the bed.

"I like it too." Clark nods. "But not as much as I like seeing you in my clothes." He tilts his head and I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh, hell yeah." I look at the punching bag in the middle of the room. "Making me feel like Ryan Atwood." I grab the gloves.

"Who's Ryan Atwood?"

"From the OC. The show came out in August. Miles got me onto it." I start punching the bag before I deliver a spin kick to it. "This is a walk in the park for you, why do you even have it?" I take off the gloves and set them back.

"Blow off steam." Clark tells me.

"Well, let me give you a lesson about human anatomy, Kent." I walk over and grab his hand, then placing it on my chest. "Feel that? It's a sternum. Solid plate of bone." I now take his arms and put his fingers on my back. "Right here, just below the ribcage, next to the spine, that's your way to the heart." I look up to meet his stare on me. "So you might wanna think about this the next time you wanna blow off steam." I turn and head over to my bag on the bed.

"How'd you find me?"

"That's a good question." I slowly nod before taking out my hairbrush.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"So tell me the answer." He sits on the bed.

"Not right now." I shake my head.

"You're gonna make me beg?"

"I don't control your emotional responses." I shrug before crossing my arms. "Where are you going?"

"What?" Clark questions.

"Your shoes are on. Where are you going?" I walk towards him.

"That's a good question." He nods.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"So tell me the answer."

"Not right now."

"Wherever you're going, have fun." I check the time on my watch and I turn before he pulls me back, making me hit his body.

"Back to the club for a bit. I have a meeting." Clark informs.

"Define meeting." I scoff.

"Nothing illegal, don't worry." He tells me.

"Don't tell me what to do." I shoot back before he slowly rolls up my shirt and looks at where Andy had grabbed me that night.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there." He gently runs his thumb down my stomach, making an ache pass through it.

"Like I said, I can take care of myself. And I broke his nose, remember?" I tell him.

"But you shouldn't have to fight. Not all the time. You're safe with me." He pulls me onto his lap. "I won't let anyone touch you ever again. I promise."

"That's nice to hear, Kent, but I'm fine. I've gone through worse." I nod.

"Yeah. I know." Clark whispers before pulling me closer to him. "I was a dick back there to you. I'm sorry."

"Yeah. I know." I mock. "Your heart's beating really fast. How many Red Bulls did you drink?" I place my hand on his chest to feel his rapid heart beat.

"None. Guess it must be something else." His eyes dart around my face and I feel something puffy against my finger tips.

"Permission to take your shirt off?"

"You don't have to ask." He shakes his head and I start taking off his shirt, revealing the kryptonite symbol on his chest.

"New tattoo?" I look down at it. "You know, you need a parent or guardian to sign the consent form, right?"

"Good thing I got a fake ID."

"Of course you do." I nod and I tilt my head at the symbol on his chest.

"You can touch it." Clark nods.

"I could hurt you." I raise my eyebrows.

"I'll take that chance." He leans in closer to me.

"Okay, big shot." I tilt my head at him. "Brace yourself just incase."

"Alright." Clark grins.

"This looks like a S." I start to trace the S on his chest inside the symbol on it. "It suits you." I grab his shirt and put it back on him. "Wait." I raise my arms up and muss his hair. "There." I grin and he gazes at me with lopsided smile.

"How did you find me? Tell me." He pleads.

"I'm a good tracker. But I had some help."

"Define help."

"That's my saying." I inquire and he smirks.

"C'mon, give me something here."

"A friend of a friend."

"Mutual friend?"

"Yes. But I was already tracking you down before this friend came along."

"Tracking me down, huh?"

"For your parents' sake, genius." I now wrap my arms around his neck. "You don't think I was actually worried about you, do you?" I furrow my eyebrows and we share a laugh. "I saw you at the funeral. You don't need to worry about Lana." I shake my head.

"I didn't stop by for Lana." He looks me in the eyes.

"Well, I'm sure your parents would appreciate a phone call instead of not knowing that you're looking after them like a L.D.S.K." I pat his shoulder before getting up from his lap.

"A what?"

"Long distance serial killer." I exhale. "What's this meeting about anyway?"

"Just business stuff." Clark stands up. "Don't worry. I'll handle it."

"Define handling it." I cross my arms again.

"What?"

"Your definition of handling it and my definition of handling it are completely different at the moment."

"I'm not gonna go in there guns a blazing, alright? I promised you, didn't I?" Clark walks towards me and I study him. "I really like it when you look at me like that. Like you can see right through me. Like you know who I am."

"Don't sell yourself short, I'm going easy on you." I raise my eyebrows and he smirks. "Listen, um...when you get back, can we talk? About...about you coming home? Okay, I know you said Smallville isn't your home anymore, but if you really meant that, then you wouldn't of shown up at Lex's funeral. And I bet you've made secret visits to your parents too. Because deep down, you miss them and you love them. So you can brood and blow off as much steam as you want, but we both know you're lonely here. So when you get back, just hear me out, okay? I can only stay here for so long until Miles and my mom call out an APB." I say in one breath before exhaling. "What? Why are you looking at me like that? You didn't hear a word said, did you?" I turn.

"I did." Clark turns me back and I hit his body. "And you're right. Waking up to an empty space gets a little lonely. And boring. So let's compromise. When I get back, you tell me all the reasons why I should go home and I'll tell you all the reasons why you should stay."

"Stay? Stay here? With you?"

"I wouldn't want it to be anyone else. Stay here with me. I'll always protect you, keep you safe. No matter what."

"I believe that." I nod. "So why should I stay?"

"Why should I leave?"

"Like you said, compromise."

"I did say that." Clark nods. "We have a lot of talk about when I get back."

"And don't you forget it." I raise my eyebrows.

"Impossible."

"Good. So I'll wait here, then."

"That's a good idea. I'll be back soon." Clark assures and I lean towards his ear.

"Don't make me use my gun. Again." I whisper and send him a warning look before walking past him.

            •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"I'm glad you decided to consider my offer. But why the change of heart?" The man asks as I listen in with my gun in my hand.

"My past is catching up to my present. I need to disappear." Clark replies. "Well, we need to."

"Free tonight?"

"My calendar just opened up."

"For you and your girl?"

"Something like that."

"This is an account in the Grand Cayman. Here's how much is waiting for you lovebirds."

"That's a serious amount of zeroes." Clark whistles.

"It's a serious job. I need you to break into a secure building. The office on the 60th floor has a very valuable package. It's in a titanium-reinforced steel safe. Not a job for mere mortals." The man explains.

"Sounds like easy money."

"I haven't told you where you're going yet."

"LuthorCorp Plaza. You want me to break into Lionel Luthor's office."

"Will that be a problem?"

"No. It'll be my pleasure."

"Fuck." I mouth to myself.

"So who's the girl?" The man questions.

"Woman." Clark corrects him.

"Ah, you into older women?"

"No."

"She fine? She satisfy you?"

"She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And if you want your job done and for your heart to stay in your chest, I would advise you not to talk about her like an object. Cause she can take you out faster than you can blink. I don't even have to place a bet. This has been an enlightening conversation, gentlemen." Clark gets up and I quickly sneak away with an ache passing through my stomach.

                 •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hello, Clark." I hear Jonathan say and I stop in my tracks before leaning against the wall.

"Jonathan Kent. Isn't it a little past your bedtime? How'd you find me?" Clark wonders.

"Your biological father."

"You two are working together now, huh? That's cute. But I didn't listen to him and I'm certainly not gonna listen to you."

"Clark. You need to put all this behind you, son. Come on home to the people who love you."

I peek my head out to see Clark smile and pat his hand on Jonathan's chest. He then pushes Jonathan hard, sending him flying across the office where he crashes into the wall, denting it with his back and falling to the floor. My eyes widen and I thickly swallow. I turn back and I lean my head against the wall before closing my eyes.

"You should've stayed in Smallville." Clark inquires.

"Son, you're coming home with me. Now." Jonathan tells him as I peek my head back out.

Jonathan runs toward Clark, his body blurring with super speed and grabs onto his son, sending them both crashing through the 60th floor window and falling headfirst toward the ground.

"No!" I turn and sprint down the hallway.

What the fuck are you doing, Jon?

                            ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                               AUTHOR'S NOTE
                                 🪐🌙✨🚀🌌☄️

i really wish we could've gotten more red k clark episodes, cause the whole clark luthor thing was FOUL. i have erased that whole debacle from my memory, it does NOT exist😭 also, JEALOUS RED K CLARK🫢 he literally only held back because of HER and took off the ring for HER

i want to go to there

                            ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3K 95
DISCONTINUED"everything i've done was to protect you harlow." "really? cause sure doesn't seem like it." IN WHICH THREE PARTNERS COME TO WORK TOGETHE...
437K 13.1K 200
Yep, number five. Also, amazing cover art by @gyle09! Thanks babe! Wall, message or comment for requests!
5.7K 164 6
What happened to Chloe in Lionel's world and how did Clark become a monster? Set around season 2 of Smallville, this story explores those questions...
313K 11.3K 25
she saved him in ways he didn't know ( kaz brekker x oc ) ( complete ) started : may 26, 2021 finished : june 20, 2021 cover by @aaronhtchnrs