π’π€π•πˆπŽπ‘ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π— ━...

By evermoreobrien

Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved. (Smallville: Seasons 1-5) (Gotham: Seasons 1-2) Achievements #493... More

Cast
ACT ONE ━ ENEMIES
001. welcome to smallville
002. metamorphosis
003. hot head
004. x-ray
005. cool
006. cassandra carver
007. craving
008. level 3
009. rogue
010. shimmer
011. hug
012. leech
013. kinetic
014. club zero
015. nicodemus
016. stray
017. reaper
018. brianna brady: the woman of tomorrow
019. crush
020. obscura
021. drops of jupiter
ACT TWO ━ FRIENDS
022. chaos after the storm
023. pheromones
024. the spaceship
025. red kryptonite
026. byron moore
027. the fountain of youth
029. ryan
030. double trouble
031. skinwalker
032. visage
033. compromise
034. framed
035. parasite
036. lucas luthor
037. fever
038. family tree
039. magic
040. precipice
041. out of the park
042. emily dinsmore
043. to helen and lex
044. exodus
ACT THREE ━ COMPLICATED
045. atlantis
046. phoenix
047. freak
048. slumber
049. perry white
050. drifter
051. magnetic
052. driving mister crazy
053. how to get away with murder: lionel luthor style
054. sense
055. brainwave
056. premonitions
057. pete vs. dante
058. obsession
059. time of death
060. crisis
061. legacy
062. truth gas
063. memoria
064. false prophet
065. forsaken
ACT FOUR ━ GAMES
066. lois lane
067. chloe's (somewhat qualified) rescue team
068. facade
069. tracey lambert
070. bruce wayne
071. transference
072. cat
073. jinx
074. the balloonman
075. arkham
076. luthor sex scandal expands!
077. viper
078. scare
079. pariah
080. recruit
081. the mask
082. harvey dent
083. krypto
084. shenanigans in shanghai
085. lucy lane
086. the electrocutioner
087. undercover narco investigation
088. the real lex luthor
089. the fearsome dr. crane
090. the scarecrow
091. jerome valeska
092. ageless
093. everyone has a cobblepot
094. long day
095. under the knife
096. the anvil or the hammer
097. commencement
ACT FIVE ━ PUSH AND PULL
098. fortress of solitude
099. serum
100. a true calling
101. the maniax
102. the last laugh
103. arthur curry
104. strike force
105. kryptonian disease
106. lexmas
107. reckoning
108. the angel of vengeance
109. eduardo flamingo
110. malone
111. sacrilege
112. smallville serial killer commits suicide
113. hypnotic
114. mister cupcake
115. maddie
116. prison break
117. into the woods
118. oracle
119. pinewood
120. azrael
121. unleashed
122. failed takeover
123. strange
124. vessel

028. lineage

1.3K 60 6
By evermoreobrien

        ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  IDK You Yet: Alexander 23

"Kent!" I slowly walk towards his house with tired eyes. "Kent." I tiredly slur out. I groan as I head up the stairs. "I am not in the mood to beat you up today." I head inside before my body hits the door, making me yawn. "Kent!" I groan again as I keep my tired eyes closed.

"Excuse me, I don't like when people are loud in the morning." I hear Clark say and I open my eyes to see him eating toast by the counter.

"You were there the whole time."

"Yep." He nods.

"And you made and heard me yell your name, not once, not twice, but three times, which wasted the last bit of energy I never had."

"Uh-huh." Clark smiles as he chews his toast.

"Death and it's going to be painful." I walk over to the counter.

"Mom, dad." He mocks.

"I want your parents to know. That way, in court, it'll just be hearsay." I take the toast from his hand and I eat it.

"She's got a point, son." Jonathan speaks up and Martha laughs.

"You're my number one fan, Jon." I nod at him before rubbing my head.

"You want tea?" Clark asks.

"If you want me to completely pass out on your kitchen floor."

"Sounds peaceful."

"You and me both." I take the other piece of toast out of my hand.

"You took one already." Clark goes to take it back, but I punch him in the stomach. "Ow!"

"I'm more tired. I need it." I sniffle before taking a bite of the toast.

"Studying for the exam?" Martha guesses.

"And serving tables at the same time. And helping my mom and Layton at the Inn. You wanna talk about Greek Tragedy, just look up my name." I finish the first piece of toast."

"Do you even know how it ends?" Clark questions.

"Yes, jackass, of course I know. Hera takes all. And I'm half Greek from my mom's side, I can make the joke."

"I don't think those two correlate-"

"Yes, it does. Agree with me or die."

"Okay." He nods.

"Smart answer." I nod back. "Did you study?"

"Yeah, I was up all night."

"God, it's even too much work to eat." I huff as I look at the piece of toast in my hand.

"In that case." Clark goes to take the piece of toast from the corner of my eye and I grip his wrist before twisting his arm. "Ow! Hey."

"I was wrong. I am in the mood to beat you up." I finally let go of him and continue to eat my toast.

"You could've broken my arm."

"But I didn't."

"You want a thank you?"

"Getting on your knees and thanking me for mercy would be nice." I nod. "And then I'll kill you anyway. Greek Tragedy style."

"Oh, well speaking of Greek Tragedy, I've gotta get your mother to work. You two want a ride?" Jonathan puts on his coat.

"I have my bike, thanks, Jon. It was the only way that I wouldn't fall asleep on the way. Have fun riding with mommy and daddy." I grip Clark's shoulder and I start to walk. "Bye, Martha. Bye, Jon."  I exit the house and head down the stairs.

I place the toast in my mouth and grab my bike off the fence. I start wheeling it forward as the wind blows through my hair. I now get on my bike before Clark plops down behind me.

"Hey! Got extra room?" Clark asks and I crane my neck, sending him a glare and he gives me a cheeky smile.

"Have a good days, guys." Martha calls out and I share a wave with her and Jonathan.

"You're gonna be late, aren't you?" I crane my neck back to him.

"Yes." Clark nods.

"You're lucky I know a shortcut."

"This was fate."

"Ugh." I mockingly groan before he places his hands on the sides of my waist.

"This okay?"

"As long as they don't go any lower."

"This is more than enough to make me throw up."

"Right back at you." I hand him the half eaten toast and he takes it before eating it.

"I'm a lucky man." Clark places his hands back on my waist.

"And I'm a hapless woman." I start peddling at a quick pace.

"What?"

"I thought I told you to buy a dictionary."

"I did."

"Good, use it. Maybe you'll learn something."

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"So Hera freaks out because Zeus has been two-timing her, with a mere mortal no less. So she sends a bunch of snakes to kill Hercules, who is the illegitimate babe in the cradle." I explain in one tired breath as we head out of the classroom and I see Pete and Miles looking at me in confusion. "It's just family dysfunction of Dionysian proportion." My head bobs back and forth and I start to lean towards the lockers with closed eyes.

I hear a chuckle before I'm grabbed by the shoulders and brought back to my feet. I exhale before opening my eyes.

"Thanks, Miles." I tell Clark and I continue to slowly walk.

"Sounds like these people oughta be on Ricki Lake." Pete wraps his arm around my neck.

"While I don't condone her behavior, Zeus did break his wedding vows." Chloe says.

"Doesn't give her the right to go Fatal Attraction on him." I head to my locker as my eyes flutter back and forth.

"Hey, Brady, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." She laughs and I give her a tired, cheeky grin as her and Pete walk down the hallway for their next class.

"Energy drinks, sugar, drugs, I don't care. Just stay awake. You're my ride home." Miles kisses my temple before waking off.

"I feel used!" I yawn.

"Good!" He continues walking down the hallway and I open my locker.

My head bobs back and forth once again and I start to fall back. My eyes close before a pair of arms hold me. I lowly groan before slowly opening my eyes to meet Clark's blue ones.

"Hello." I whisper and he scoffs.

"Go home. You know the material like the back of your hand." He keeps me in his hold.

"I'm fine."

"You sure about that?"

"Mm-hmm. Just don't let go."

"And why is that?"

"Cause if you do, I will meet the floor." I faintly grin with half opened eyes and he chuckles.

"Hello, Clark." A female voice says and I fully
open my eyes to meet a red haired woman.

"Do we know each other?" Clark gently brings me up.

"No." She looks down. "Well, yes. Clark, I'm your mother."

                    •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"It's obviously a mistake. She's not your mother." Martha says as I lie half asleep on the hammock in the loft.

"That's what I told her. She said I probably just need time to get used to the idea." Clark replies. "She gave me her cell phone number...told me to call her if I wanted to talk again."

"Ah, Clark, I don't want you to have anything to do with this woman." Jonathan inquires.

"She's going to be hard to avoid. She said she just bought a house...in Smallville. She also said that the agency that handled the adoption was Metropolis United Charities. Now that's the same place Chloe told me about. I thought the only adoption they handled was mine."

"So did I."

"Dad, tell me what happened back then."

"That's not important right now." Martha speaks up.

"Your mother's right. What we need to do is to get this woman to back off." Jonathan agrees. "We don't want her making people curious about where you came from. Now, how's Brianna doing?"

"Tired, but she's fine. Why?" Clark questions.

"Just making sure you're not holding her hostage, son."

"And torture myself? Yeah, right."

I thickly swallow before I hear footsteps from behind me. I close my eyes and I hear the footsteps getting closer. In a matter of seconds, I feel a blanket going over my body. I stir in my sleep before opening my eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"You're fine, Kent." I tell Clark before sitting up. I move over and he sits next to me.

"Did you, uh, did you notice anything about Rachel? Anything out of the ordinary?" Clark wonders.

"Her name's Rachel." I cross my legs under me and he scoffs before I lay my head on his shoulder.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just tired." I close my eyes. "You can put your arm around me. But only if you want to." I mock and I feel him wrap his arm around me.

                     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I place my hand on Clark's bicep as I keep my eyes on the computer. It turns out Chloe's been getting emails from Rachel. I don't know why she never told him. Dick move on her part.

"Sure, guys, you can use my computer. Knock yourself out." Chloe moves past us from the corner of my eye.

"You've been getting emails from Rachel Dunleavy." Clark inquires.

"You've been reading my emails?"

"You promised me you'd stop digging into my adoption."

"Wh...all I did was post a few notices on adoption websites, to see if I could get some hits. This Dunleavy woman responded." Chloe says and Clark jumps out of the chair and shoves it angrily against the desk, making her step back.

"Kent." I stand up.

"Oh, so you said, why don't you check out my buddy, Clark? He may be your son!" Clark fumes.

"You have to believe me. I didn't tell her anything about you, Clark." Chloe assures.

"So it's just a coincidence she shows up in Smallville claiming to be my mom?"

"She's here? Clark, what makes you so sure that she's not the real thing?"

"I am not giving you an exclusive on my life!"

"You're not even curious that she might be your biological mom?"

"Why are you so obsessed about my mother? Do I ask you questions about yours?"

"No, I guess not."

"Yeah, that's because she hasn't shown her face here in years. If you wanna find somebody's mother, find your own." Clark turns and starts to walk.

"I know where she is, Clark. The difference is, she's not interested in me." Chloe shoots back and Clark stops, but keeps his back turned to her. "Since you'll probably never speak to me again, there's something you might wanna know. Metropolis United Charities was founded by Lionel Luthor."

"What?" I tighten my jaw. "You have to be fucking kidding me!" I exit the Torch.

"Brianna!" Clark calls out. "Brianna." He then turns me around. "Where are you going?"

"Stealing a helicopter, beating the truth out of Lionel and then flying back all the way here. Tell Miles,, Darion, Layton and my mom that I found God and I'm at church." I continue to walk.

"Stop!" He turns me back around. "I'll handle it."

"Kent-"

"You need to sleep, okay? You've been running on nothing but bread and water the past three days."

"The fact that you know that isn't creepy at all." I deadpan.

"I'm gonna talk to my parents and then Lex. I'll call you."

"You don't have my number."

"Then we need to change that." Clark takes out a pen from his bag and writes his number across my palm. "I'll let you know what I find."

"What gave you in the indication that I cared? Take my bike, it's out front. I'll get a ride from Miles. I'll let you know what I find." I grip his shoulder before I walk down the hallway to find Miles.

                      ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Kent." I head out of Ethan's car and I rush over to Clark and his parents.

"Hey, you okay?" Clark panics. "What happened? You alright?" He grips my shoulders and looks me up and down for any injures.

"I'm made of steel, Kent. It's about Rachel."

"Ethan, is there, uh, something we can do for you?" Jonathan asks.

"Well, I'm sure you know there's a woman in town claiming to be Clark's mother." Ethan says and the Kents nod.

"But she's petitioned Judge Ross to order a DNA test." I inform and Clark looks at me in disbelief.

"But, that's crazy. She's not my mother!" Clark exclaims.

"If that's true, then this test will prove it, son." Ethan tells him. "Well, I can have somebody come out and take the sample, get it to Metropolis Genetics Lab, and, uh, they can run the test in the morning, and we can get this thing over with quick. I'm sure you folks have nothing to be afraid of."

"Hey, listen to me." I grip Clark's shoulders. "Even if this DNA test is right, she's not your mother." I shake my head. "Family is not defined by blood, okay? It's not. Family is love. And loyalty. The people who love you and raised you are standing right behind you. They're your parents. Rachel can take a thousand DNA tests and they can all come back a match, but in no fucking universe, in any way, shape or form does that make her your mother. You understand me, Kent?" I raise my eyebrows and he slowly nods. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"Um, will you-"

"Yes. I will stay with you. And not because I care. I just don't feel like walking all the way back home." I nod and he slightly grins.

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Clark sits with his mouth wide open, while a nurse swipes the inside of his mouth with a cotton swab. Martha and Jonathan look on uncomfortably and I cross my arms. The nurse finishes getting her sample, and smiles at Clark.

"There. Now that didn't hurt a bit, did it?" The nurse picks up her equipment and prepares to leave.

"I'll let you know." Ethan says and Jonathan nods before following him and the nurse toward the door.

Clark now stands up and I pat his back as I walk past him. He now pulls me back and hugs me. I hug him back before closing my eyes. I thickly swallow and then pull away. We share a grin and I head out, now leaning against the wall before sighing.

"Dad." Clark whispers.

"You had to do it, Clark. If we'd have refused, they'd have dragged us into court." Jonathan tells him.

"What happens when they start looking at Clark's DNA under a microscope?" Martha wonders.

"If I even have DNA." Clark retorts and my eyes widen in realization.

The spaceship I heard him and Ryan talking about. The ship is Clark's. The meteor shower. Clark came from the sky in the ship. He caused the meteor shower. It's him.

"That's why we have to make sure that nobody gets a chance to analyze that sample." Jonathan inquires and I quickly exit the house.

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Miles, Pete and I slip inside the facility and then run down the hallway. I stop by a door and open it. The writing on the door indicates the Genetic Testing lab and I sigh in relief.

"This is it." I walk over to a metal cabinet and I open it to see several tubes of DNA.

"Gross." Pete comments.

"There." I walk over to the cabinet and bend the thick metal door back.

"Man, this Mission Impossible stuff is great." Miles inquires.

"I know, right?" I reach inside and pull out the tube marked Kent, C.

"But other than my scintillating conversational skills, I still don't understand why you brought me along." Pete says.

"I need your spit." I grin at him. "And when Kent asks, say you broke into the lab and did it yourself, no problem." I hand him the tube.

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Wow, that is quite a catch." I look at the photos as we stand by the railing of the loft.

"Took all my strength to pull that one in. My dad even had to help me land it." Clark tells me. "You almost sound impressed."

"Go to an otolaryngologist." I scoff.

"I'm not gonna even gonna ask." He shakes his head.

"Why? It's not like you'll look it up and get the knowledge yourself." I grip the railing and rock myself back and forth. "So Rachel told Lex that he's your brother?"

"Yep." Clark replies.

"Bitch is getting is nuttier by the second." I lean my arms over the railing and he scoffs.

"But it's not true."

"I know that."

"Thanks for being there for the DNA test. And for telling me about Rachel."

"Wasn't for you, just an agent doing her job." I nod and he chuckles before I fold my hands.

"Do you ever wish you had a brother or a sister?" Clark turns to me from the corner of my eye.

"No." I merely shake my head as I keep my gaze forward.

"Why?"

"Because they won't get the chance to know their father." I now turn to him. "One is better than two." I nod before returning my gaze to the view.

"My dad's been asking about you more than usual lately. He's worried. You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine. I mean, we all have shitty days, but don't worry, Kent. No matter what happens, I'll always insult you all the same." I lean off the railing. "I'll see you. As later as possible." I punch his arm before leaving.

                        •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"And, go." I shove Clark to Chloe's way and he sends me a glare, making me mock a grin while nodding.

"Chloe, I'm so glad I found you." Clark walks over to her.

"Okay, there's a sentence I never thought I'd hear again." Chloe turns to him.

"We both did and said things that we regret. I know I did."

"Look, you have to believe that I would burn my press pass if I thought it would come between us."

"No, you wouldn't." He chuckles. "It's too much of who you are. And right now, I need it."

                      •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"If Rachel Dunleavy did buy a house in Smallville, she'll be listed with the county clerk. It's just going to take a minute to get a hit." I sit on top of the Torch desk with my legs crossed under me and my computer on my lap.

"Chloe, what I said about your mother, I was way out of line." Clark sits next to me from the corner of my eye.

"It's cool. We all have family secrets, I guess. She left when I was five, so...I came downstairs and...there was my dad, trying to make waffles. He never even really explained why she left. It was weird." Chloe laughs.

"I'm sorry."

"It's just hard thinking you weren't good enough for someone to love."

"Don't ever think that."

"Brianna?" Chloe says.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"I know you said I didn't do anything wrong, but I did. I'm so sorry for researching you and your father. I should've never-"

"It's on the internet. You don't control what goes on there. And you know, curiosity kills the cat."

"I don't know what's worse, someone who never loved you is out there or someone who did who isn't." Chloe's eyes water.

"It's not a competition, Chloe. Pain doesn't go away, you just make room for it." I rasp out before my computer beeps. "There's no record of Rachel Dunleavy."

"Um...try the name Lucas Luthor." Clark tells me.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Kent." I start typing.

"Okay. You're going to have to explain that one to me later." Chloe scoffs and I look at the screen that says, Lucas Luthor 1436 Blueberry Park Lane, Smallville, Kansas, 67254. "Oh. Bingo. There's his address." She grins and I turn to see that Clark is already gone.

                     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I enter the house with a heaving chest, but stop at the doorway. I see Clark throw himself across the room, directly into the path of the axe. The axe makes contact with his stomach and shatters into several pieces, making my eyes widen.

Clark crashes against the opposite wall, while Rachel looks at the axe handle in shock. Clark climbes to his feet, and Rachel drops the axe handle. I compose myself before stepping back a few feet.

"Kent!" I now rush into the room and stop in my tracks.

"Who are you?" Rachel questions.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you. I'm not your son." Clark inquires.

"No. Oh, no!" She collapses to the floor, sobbing and Clark comes over and hugs her, trying to calm her down.

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." I enter the Kent house. "Everyone in one piece?"

"Yeah." Clark tells me.

"Jon." I walk over and hug him. "You okay?"

"I'm alright, Brianna." Jonathan hugs me back. "Thank you. You okay?"

"I'm alright." I nod.

"You'd tell me if you weren't, right?" He places his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah."

"You wanna see a movie?" Clark asks.

"I'm picking." I tell him. "Argue or die." I shrug.

"I'm shaking in my boots." He mocks before heading upstairs.

"Brianna." Martha leads me away from the stairs.

"Yeah?" I turn to her.

"Did you—Did you switch the DNA samples at the lab?"

"That would be breaking and entering, Martha. And you I would never break the law."

"Pete told us he did it himself, but he doesn't really have a good poker face." Jonathan adds and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Look, if I did switch the samples, uh, hypothetically, I'd say I broke into the lab with Pete, discarded Kent's DNA and used Pete's instead. Uh, but that's just how I picture myself doing it. If I did." I nod before Martha and Jonathan hug me. "It's just a hypothetical situation, guys." I chuckle before we pull away.

Martha looks at me in disbelief with tears in she eyes. She cups both sides of my face and I slightly grin at her. I then give her a nod and she hugs me again.

"Mom?" I hear Clark say. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, honey." Martha pulls away and quickly wipes her face.

"Hey, if I had to spend two hours with you in silence, I'd be crying too." I nod, making Martha and Jonathan laugh while Clark scoffs. "Oh, and I'm driving the truck too." I take the keys from his hand and turn.

"Hey." Clark goes to grab the keys, but I swiftly pull my arm away.

"You want them, race me." I run out of the house.

"Hey!"

"Bye, Martha! Bye, Jon!" I sprint towards the car and I get in the driver's seat before closing the door.

Clark now enters the passenger's seat and I send him a grin before raising my eyebrows. He rolls his eyes and I start the car.

"Slowpoke." I grip the steering wheel.

"Cheater." Clark shoots back.

"Jerk."

"Bitch."

"Just say you can't handle me, Kent." I start pulling out.

Today was a fever dream.

                               ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                                  AUTHOR'S NOTE
                                    🪐🌙✨🚀🌌☄️

updating just in time before my house turns into the dark ages💅🏻

brianna always finds a way to protect her (future) man

and there they go on another unofficial movie date!

martha and jon whenever brianna bullies clark

                             ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.2K 52
Hi!!!! This is a sequel to Escape to Gotham!! It's a very short story, but please enjoy. ~~~ Marinette was revived by the order of the guardians. Bu...
5.6K 129 7
Kal is feeling lonely when Chloe finds him living in Metropolis and he decides to turn her into his new playmate. Chloe has always loved Clark and fi...
76K 1.5K 13
This is My first story so I hope you enjoy!!! Plus this will be daminette. Lila manages to get the class under her control only Marinette's true fri...
109K 3K 95
DISCONTINUED"everything i've done was to protect you harlow." "really? cause sure doesn't seem like it." IN WHICH THREE PARTNERS COME TO WORK TOGETHE...