1960's Daily Struggle

By LiannQ

Title: 六零奋斗日常 Author: On Yantai Mountain (砚台山上) Introduction: Cheng Zhou never thought that an accident would... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3: End Of The World
Extra 3.2
Extra 3.3
Extra 3.4
Extra 3.5
Extra 3.6

112

168 2 1
By LiannQ

Xiao Ya, Tie Dan, and Da Tou all drool around him.

Cheng Zhou saw the two people entering the door, and happily shared his roasted sparrows with them, "Cousin, uncle, come here quickly, the freshly roasted sparrows are just for you to try."

The little girl stared at her father with resentful eyes, "You are not allowed to eat if you have to wait in line."

Wang Wanshun: "..."

He took the skewer in front of his little daughter cheekily, and wiped out the sparrow meat on it in one bite.

Well, it's burnt and crispy, and meat is the best!

The three little children watched eagerly, and their resentment rushed into the sky. They waited for a long time, but they still haven't eaten a bunch.

Wang Fengshou reached out to get the skewers, and at a glance, he saw a string of sparrow meat prepared in advance in the basin on the ground, "Where did so many sparrows come from?"

"I caught it. I went out today with Iron Egg's slingshot and caught a lot." Cheng Zhou said proudly.

"Not bad, not bad, quite powerful." Wang Fengshou praised unexpectedly.

After all, facing the greedy eyes of the children, he ate the freshly roasted sparrow meat in one bite.

Smash it, smash it with your mouth, you can't get enough of it, I feel like I've finished eating it before I taste it.

Seeing this, Cheng Zhou promptly handed the other two skewers of sparrow meat that were almost roasted in his hand to Wang Fengshou, "Uncle, you can eat as much as you want, there are still a lot of unroasted meat in the pot."

He intends to please the elders in advance, and he will talk about his going to the city to rent a house later. His uncle will speak for him, right?

Wang Fengshou hesitated for a moment, Shi Shiran took away the skewers, wrinkles piled up at the corners of his smiling eyes, "That's all right, I'll eat two more skewers."

Unable to withstand the children's resentful gazes, he simply turned around and left, preparing to take it back to the house to eat.

Wang Wanshun stayed behind and said happily: "Xiaozhou, I don't see that you still have this ability, and my cousin will be lucky in the future."

Between the words, secretly looking forward to Cheng Zhou catching sparrows every day in the future!

Cheng Zhou glanced at him angrily when he heard the words, and had exactly the same reaction as Tiedan Xiaoya, he really deserves to be a family!

Tie Dan couldn't wait any longer, and said disgustedly: "Brother, stop talking nonsense, and go away after eating the skewers, little cousin is going to give us barbecue."

Wang Wanshun: "..."

Cheng Zhou: "..."

Wang Wanshun rolled up his sleeves and grabbed Tie Dan by the collar, "Stinky boy, what are you talking about? Say it again if you have the guts."

The cowardly Tie Dan: "No, I didn't say anything."

The violent suppression was successful, and Wang Wanshun, in a good mood, jumped over the three little boys, picked up the skewers that had not yet been grilled in the basin, and brazenly squatted aside to join the barbecue team with only Cheng Zhou.

Xiaoya, Tiedan, and Datou: "..." Dare to be angry and dare not speak.

He screamed like a groundhog in his heart, ah ah ah, who will take away this cheeky adult?

Daddy/Brother/Brother Wanshun is so shameless!

Fortunately, with the addition of Wang Wanshun in the end, the speed of roasting sparrows became very fast. The three little boys, Cheng Zhou, and Wang Wanshun, the five of them ate their mouths full of oil and were satisfied.

In the end, four skewers of freshly grilled sparrow meat were left.

While it was still hot, Cheng Zhou held up the skewers high, avoided the little claws protruding from below, and coaxed: "Don't grab it, these skewers are for my aunt and cousin, when I have time next time, I will Go catch it for you, and let's cook a small stove together to eat."

Datou licked the oil from the corner of his mouth, "Okay, brother Zhouzhou, it's agreed, next time I'll catch sparrows."

"Yes, yes, I will eat it next time." Tie Dan and Xiaoya nodded in agreement.

"And me, remember to bring me with you next time you roast a sparrow!" Wang Wanshun emphasized his presence angrily.

Big head, Tie Dan, and little girl: "..."

As an adult, how did you manage to be so thick-skinned?

Cheng Zhou: "..."

Cheng Zhou had no choice but to make several promises again and again, and only then managed to escape from Xiaowazi's siege.

Walking into the kitchen, Cheng Zhou smiled graciously at Ge Cuihua, showing his pointed canine teeth, making him look more youthful.

Ge Cuihua laughed angrily, snatched the fragrant skewers, and said, "That's all, all right, don't be so courteous. If you want to rent a house in the city, just go, and I won't stop you."

Cheng Zhou didn't expect things to go so smoothly, he raised his eyelids and was full of surprise, "Auntie, don't you blame me for moving away?"

"What's the blame? People go to high places, water flows to low places, you want to live in the city, you want to find a job to live the life of city people, isn't that normal?" Ge Cuihua's voice was faint.

"Auntie, you know I didn't mean that." Cheng Zhou said anxiously.

"How do I know what you mean?"

Ge Cuihua took a bite of the sparrow meat, um, it was roasted just right, the skin was smooth, tender and crispy, and it tasted good.

Cheng Zhou turned around in a hurry, but he didn't see the joke in Aunt Ge's eyes, "Auntie, I won't go to the city anymore, don't be angry."

The big deal is to carry a hoe to plant the land, and it is not impossible to plant the land as long as it is planted.

On the other side, Ge Xiufang couldn't stand it anymore, "Mother, stop teasing him, he's about to cry."

"Oh, don't cry, don't cry, Auntie was just joking with you." Only then did Ge Cuihua realize that the cuteness was too much, and hurriedly explained.

Cheng Zhou's eyes were slightly red, "Then why did you suddenly agree with me to go to the city?"

"It was me, I persuaded mother to change her mind, Xiaozhou, you have to thank me very much." Ge Xiufang raised her hand to ask for credit.

auzw.com

Ge Cuihua gave her daughter-in-law a blank look, and coaxed Cheng Zhou to say, "Auntie has figured it out. If you can find a job in the city, it will have a better future than farming in the village. At least the harvest will be guaranteed in drought and flood, don't you think? "

"That's right, when I find a job and settle down, I can also receive wages and food stamps, and maybe I can also receive cloth tickets, which I will share with my aunt."

Ge Cuihua was very moved by the cloth ticket, "You keep your wages for yourself, and tickets are rarely used in the village. Just one thing, if you really have cloth tickets, Auntie will not be polite to you."

There is no way, cloth tickets are the most scarce, and each household in the village can only get three feet of cloth tickets every year. Just this amount of cloth, if used to make two vests, would be gone, not enough at all.

Or there is an old saying that three years are new, three years old, and three years are repaired.

"Yeah, auntie, don't worry, if you have a cloth ticket, I'll buy cotton cloth and bring it back to you." Cheng Zhou agreed.

Ge Xiufang amusedly awakened the daydreams of the two, "I haven't found a job yet, so I'm imagining the beautiful things in the future."

Cheng Zhou smiled, "Cousin, don't believe me, just wait."

After the lively dinner, the sky gradually darkened.

The stars are dim tonight, the dark sky is vast, the moonlight is hazy like fog, pouring on the ground like running water, and the pond is filled with the sound of frogs.

But it seemed that the village became more and more peaceful. Occasionally, there were one or two barking dogs in the distance, making the night even more silent.

Cheng Zhou hesitated for a while, and in front of everyone, he told him about his decision to go to the county seat tomorrow.

"Little cousin, what are you doing in the city?" Xiao Ya asked curiously.

"Find a job and earn money to buy food!" Cheng Zhou said succinctly.

Tie Dan went crazy with joy, "Little cousin, are you going to live in the city?"

Finally, he doesn't have to sleep with the devil's little cousin. Does he know that his sleeping posture is really bad, and Tie Dan, who has to be kicked awake every night, silently sheds bitter tears.

Cheng Zhou's eyes were gloomy, and he saw through the little black boy's thoughts, "Yeah, I'm really going to move to the city, but—"

Tie Dan hurriedly asked: "But what?"

"In order not to make you miss me too much, I will try to find time to come back often." Cheng Zhou smiled maliciously.

Tie Dan: "..." No, I won't miss you, please leave quickly!

Little Heizi's stupid head probably didn't expect at all that if Cheng Zhou really moved away, the sparrow meat would be gone in the future.

How can Cheng Zhou have any luggage to pick up? Most of the clothes and shoes he put in the space buttons are shady and must not be taken out.

"Cousin, you don't need to accompany me. I don't have much luggage, only one package, which is stored at the home of a comrade I know in the police department."

"I plan to go directly to the county town with my luggage. When I get there, I will stay at my friend's house for a few nights, and then I will look for a place to rent a house with him. It may take a week before I come back." Cheng Zhou said bluntly.

He had to get rid of the hidden dangers of the luggage as soon as possible. If he really asked his cousin to accompany him to pick it up, where would he go to find a luggage?

When he arrived in the county seat, he took out the rabbits and pheasants in the space to exchange for money tickets, and then stayed in a guest house for a few nights, before slowly looking for a suitable house to rent.

Ge Cuihua said unhappily: "Why do you have to be in such a hurry? Also, how come you have friends you know in the county? Is he sure to be reliable?"

"Auntie, he is also from Kyoto. We have known each other since we were young. Later, his family moved away. I also came to look for relatives before, and I met him in the county by accident. He helped me a lot, even storing The public security comrade with the luggage was introduced to me." Cheng Zhou made it up.

"That's good. The friends I've known since I was a child know everything."

Ge Cuihua didn't stop him anymore, little bastard, she had a lot of ideas in her heart, she had already planned a plan, and she just waited to tell them.

"Your friend is very good. He even knows the comrades of the police in the town." Wang Wanshun interjected.

"Yeah, he's really good."

Cheng Zhou laughed, what a ghost, there is no such person at all, he just made it up.

When Ge Xiufang heard the words, she had a small calculation in her heart, "Is there a way for your friend to help you find a job?"

"Cousin, I'm not sure about this, but if he has connections, he will definitely help me."

Thinking about the food, Cheng Zhou added: "Auntie, I should not find a job so quickly, and there is not much money and tickets left in the package. I want to borrow some food from home, and it doesn't take much. Food rations are enough."

The food in the space button should be eaten less and less. Some scarce ingredients cannot be found in this time and space. Cheng Zhou is reluctant to eat it all at once. He just wants to keep it as a snack slowly, and treat it as an occasional craving.

Wait for him to exchange the wild things in the space button for money and tickets, and then buy other things for Aunt Ge's house and return them.

Ge Cuihua said sharply: "What are you borrowing, Auntie will put the rations in the basket for you in a while."

"Hey, okay, thank you, auntie."

Wang Fengshou listened quietly from the beginning to the end, tapped the pipe, and finally said: "Do you need me to open a letter of introduction?"

Cheng Zhou nodded heavily, "Yes, yes, uncle, I definitely need a letter of introduction."

"That's fine, I'll write you a letter of introduction in a while."

Cannibalism is short-mouthed, and Wang Fengshou agreed to open the letter of introduction with a very straightforward attitude.

After getting along for the past two days, he can be considered to understand Cheng Zhou's character. He is not bad in nature and knows how to be grateful. Although he has some laziness, he can understand it. After all, he is a child who was spoiled and raised in the city.

He doesn't have the lofty airs of the people in the city. He can play well with the two children, Tiedan Xiaoya, and understands some ways of the world. Putting it all together, he is a good young man.

Coupled with the fact that Ge Cuihua kept saying good things for Cheng Zhou, Wang Fengshou completely let go of his doubts about Cheng Zhou's identity, and sincerely treated him as his own nephew.

Since he treated Cheng Zhou as his own relative, Wang Fengshou asked with concern: "Can you go to the county seat by yourself tomorrow? Do you really not need Wan Shun to accompany you?"

"No, Uncle, I know the way. When I pick up my luggage in the town tomorrow, I'll go directly to the county town to find my friend."

Wang Fengshou nodded, "That's fine, we don't worry if you have your friend with you. But what if you can't find a job?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 5.8K 16
𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝘀 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿 His 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲 "Fuck, whenever you're in my arms, I feel like I might crush you. You're so delicate," he...
134K 4.5K 199
Author: Moon on the Galaxy/月上銀河 Type: Danmei novels Status: Chapter 925 Finale Introduction to the work: Zhu Zeqing, the most outstanding doctoral st...
34.2K 645 15
Meiyíng never had a good relationship with her parents so she spends most of her time with the Chief's daughter Tsireya or exploring the sea. But wh...
46.8K 1K 82
Author: Miaoji/妙機 Type: Danmei story Status: Main text Chapter 82 Extra 6 Introduction to the work: Bai Jin traveled through ancient times. Fortunate...