1960's Daily Struggle

By LiannQ

Title: 六零奋斗日常 Author: On Yantai Mountain (砚台山上) Introduction: Cheng Zhou never thought that an accident would... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3: End Of The World
Extra 3.2
Extra 3.3
Extra 3.4
Extra 3.5
Extra 3.6

78

274 8 0
By LiannQ

On June 23, 1959, in a certain ward of Shanghai People's Hospital, Huo Yueze's hands and feet were numb, and he took Cheng Zhou's egg baby from the doctor...

Like holding fragile porcelain, he carefully held the warm little round egg in his arms, with a rare dull expression.

Even so, Huo Yueze's mental strength still did not dare to relax. On the one hand, he continued to stare at the doctor for the final suturing operation, and on the other hand, he kept paying attention to Cheng Zhou's heartbeat and breathing rate, in case something happened to him during the operation. Accident.

It took almost a whole morning, and after three o'clock in the afternoon, Huo Yueze was completely busy with the finishing work, exhausted too much mental energy, and the sequelae of dizziness came unexpectedly.

Locking the door of the single ward, Huo Yueze endured his dizziness, leaned against the door and sat down slumped, with faint red blood in his eyes, but smiled lightly and felt something restless from his arms, always wanted to get out egg baby.

Huo Yueze had only been hiding him in his arms all morning, and he had already deeply realized how active and mischievous his little cub was.

This is a surprisingly lively little round egg that loves to roll around!

"Little glutinous rice balls," Huo Yueze murmured with a smile, the nickname that Zhouzhou gave to their Danbao was so apt.

He was about to stand up and look at Cheng Zhou on the bed, when his eyes suddenly went dark, he had to close his eyes for a moment to relax, and the little round egg in his hand moved restlessly.

"..." Huo Yueze directly stuffed him back into his arms, such a small egg still wants to roll around? Stay obediently!

Cheng Zhou was stabbed in the stomach and had to lie quietly on the hospital bed for seven whole days.

His physical constitution is different from ordinary people, and the wound healed very quickly. When the scar was completely scabbed, Cheng Zhou began to explore frantically.

"Look, I can jump up and down casually," Cheng Zhou hugged Huo Yueze tightly, and said with a bitter face, "I really don't want to stay on the hospital bed anymore, let's rent a small house outside, shall we? "

He didn't like the hospital, the atmosphere here was too depressing, the air was filled with the smell of disinfectant, which lingered for a long time.

Huo Yueze carefully touched the scar on his belly, and pressed it lightly, "Does it still hurt here?"

"It doesn't hurt anymore," Cheng Zhou shook his head, "I'm really well, I want to be discharged from the hospital, and I'm still going out to play."

As Cheng Zhou said, he lifted the quilt and wanted to hug his naughty and active egg baby, but he was in vain again.

Cheng Zhou: "!"

Huo Yueze helplessly raised his forehead, "Where did he go?" It was really naughty.

The two hurriedly searched around the room, and finally found a skinny baby under the bedside table. Looking at the dingy little one, it seemed that it was stuck under the counter and couldn't get out...

Huo Yueze didn't know whether to laugh or cry. At first, he was worried that the cub was rolling around, what if he accidentally broke the eggshell?

Until he watched an egg roll off the bed while Cheng Zhou wasn't paying attention, and when it fell to the ground, the shell was miraculously intact, and even bounced on the spot twice!

Later, Huo Yueze hugged the egg baby and touched it carefully. The eggshell seemed to be very resilient. Huo Yueze tried to flick it twice with his fingers, and he would hide back cleverly, and refused to be obedient for two days in a row Let Huo Yueze hug him, as if he is still remembering the grudge...

Cheng Zhou was angry, "How did he get in here? Don't know if he has grown up? How dare he get into these small corners?"

The original egg baby was only as big as an adult's fist, but recently it seems to have been blistered, and its size has grown a lot. His egg baby probably hasn't realized that he has grown into a ball.

Huo Yueze smiled, and lifted the heavy bedside table vigorously. Cheng Zhou hurriedly carried the little fat egg out of it, and threatened him: "If you are so naughty again, stay in it and sleep next time!"

"Can he understand the words now?" Huo Yueze asked.

Cheng Zhou: "..." I probably don't understand!

Cheng Zhou jumped angrily, "But I still can't help but say, he's so skinny, he'll break his shell later, I'll see how he rolls without the eggshell!"

Huo Yueze smiled lightly, and wiped off the sticky dust on the eggshell with a warm wet towel, "The shell will break in half a month, please wait patiently."

Cheng Zhou's anger came and went quickly. In less than ten minutes, he hugged his little chubby and kissed and kissed again and again with a smile on his face. He disliked him for being naughty, but in fact he liked this chubby chubby better than Huo Yueze. Little naughty egg.

In the evening, white clouds floated lazily in the sky.

Cheng Zhou leaned on the window and looked at the distant scenery. In the distance, he saw a building with a height of more than ten floors and other low buildings.

The lights are on, and the night is dim.

The streets of old Shanghai were glowing with yellow lights, arousing Cheng Zhou's boundless curiosity.

The little chubby ball at his feet kept rubbing against Cheng Zhou, begging for a hug, which made him want to laugh. He knelt down and said deliberately, "I'm not going to sleep now, I'm covered in dust, I'm so dirty."

As the count fell, Huo Yueze pushed open the door of the ward, and Cheng Zhou looked up at him.

Huo Yueze closed the door, "Zhouzhou, please collect our big things. I have completed the formalities and will be discharged tonight. I rented a small house in a small foreign building."

They stayed in this hospital for nearly nine days. The identity information on the medical records was all fake, and it was not too troublesome to go through the procedures.

Relying on Huo Yueze's mental strength, the doctors and nurses mistakenly thought that Cheng Zhou had undergone an appendicitis operation, and even these medical staff never came to this single ward for an examination from the beginning to the end...

"Great," Cheng Zhou jumped up, stuffing things into the space button, and thought about it, "I want to go to the skyscraper I passed by last time, and that building has more than 20 floors. Well, I don't know what it's like inside."

Huo Yueze helped him fold the bed sheets, and said: "Tomorrow, I will take you to eat at the high-priced restaurant inside. The food there is not bad."

Before he finished speaking, Huo Yueze frowned, looking at the little fat ball rolling to his feet, he had to wipe the dirty little fat ball clean again with a wet towel.

He specially bought a military green backpack, and stuffed the little fat ball directly into it. There was a small opening on the top of the zipper, and he could see the restless little fat ball inside when he lowered his head.

Huo Yueze put the backpack on his chest, took another backpack to pack his luggage, and said: "Zhouzhou, put on thicker clothes and a coat, it's cold outside at night."

auzw.com Cheng Zhou obediently followed suit. After collecting the things, he couldn't wait to climb onto Huo Yueze's back, "You want to take me here to have a good time."

"Don't worry, let's play slowly next time, we still have half a month's vacation." Holding his butt, Huo Yueze looked around the room carefully, and after making sure nothing was missed, he took Cheng Zhou out of the hospital .

Taking advantage of the darkness of the night, Cheng Zhou lay on Huo Yueze's shoulder and pretended to be asleep, with his arms around his neck tightly, not intending to jump off his back at all.

Anyway, he is barely a patient now, and it should be quite normal to be carried out of the hospital, right?

The small western-style building Huo Yueze mentioned was not far from the Shanghai People's Hospital. After walking for about 20 minutes, Cheng Zhou saw a three-story garden house.

The red brick walls are eye-catching, and the architectural style is obviously full of foreign flavor.

The sky was a bit dark, and one could only vaguely see the low gray bungalows around, with mottled walls and a decayed and old atmosphere.

Cheng Zhou hurriedly jumped down, followed Huo Yueze into the small foreign building, and whispered, "Are we going to live here for half a month?"

"Yes, the small house here is quite nice. The owner is an old lady named Xu, who comes from a rich and scholarly family."

It's a pity that the luck is not good, this Granny Xu's past experience and encounters are not very good, and her temper is a bit weird.

Huo Yueze took Cheng Zhou up to the third floor. There were only two families living on the third floor. There were tin stoves in front of the door. The coal balls inside were burning red, and the water in the kettle was bubbling.

The two stopped in front of a door at the end of the aisle, Huo Yueze took out the key and opened the door, "Go in first."

Cheng Zhou groped for a long time but couldn't find the rope to pull the lamp, "Where is the rope for the light bulb?"

Huo Yueze closed the door, hissed at him, and carefully placed the backpack on his chest on the low cabinet next to the door.

Along the way, the chubby ball inside hadn't moved for a long time, probably fell asleep.

Cheng Zhou came over and whispered, "Is Xiao Tangyuan asleep?"

"It should be, no more rolling around," Huo Yueze smiled, turned around, hugged Cheng Zhou, bowed his head and kissed him.

Ever since he came to Shanghai, he was tense and alert all the time in the hospital, Cheng Zhou was recuperating on the bed, and Little Fatty Ball was mischievous, so he didn't even bother to kiss this man properly.

In the darkness, Cheng Zhou was softened by his kiss, and he stretched out his hand to grab his shoulder, but his body slowly slid down.

Huo Yueze hugged him and kissed him for a while, then slowly turned on the light, "Hey, I'll go to the next door to say hello, are you hungry?"

"Not hungry," Cheng Zhou shook his head, and looked around the room. There was a sofa bed, shelf and wardrobe, and there was a washroom next to it.

Cheng Zhou wanted to take a bath. He had been lying in the hospital for seven days and hadn't taken a bath for seven days. He felt that he was about to stink.

Huo Yueze disagreed with him touching the water, "Zhouzhou, the scar on your belly has just scabbed."

Cheng Zhou looked at him eagerly, hugged him tightly and refused to let go.

Unable to resist his clinging and acting like a baby, Huo Yueze could only say: "I'll boil some hot water later and wipe you with a towel, okay?"

"Okay, that's fine too," Cheng Zhou stepped back, walked to the bed, looked at the white-washed sheets and old quilt, "Is this left by the owner?"

"Yes, I have to go to the next door to say hello and borrow something by the way," Huo Yueze reminded: "After I come back, you can take out our sheets and quilts, and Granny Xu may come to have a look."

"I see," Cheng Zhou carefully carried the backpack on the cabinet to the head of the bed, unzipped it and looked at the quiet little chubby ball inside, his eyebrows and eyes slightly curved.

After sitting by the bed and waiting for less than two minutes, he heard movement from the door.

Cheng Zhou walked out curiously, and when he turned around, he saw an old woman with half-white hair, wearing a navy blue cardigan, with an elegant temperament unique to intellectuals, which was unforgettable.

The old lady also looked at Cheng Zhou for a moment, Huo Yueze introduced: "Zhouzhou, this is Granny Xu."

Granny Xu seemed unwilling to make friends with them, so she smiled and said, "There is also a tin stove at your door, and the kettle should be in the cupboard. There are not enough briquettes, please come and tell me again.”

Huo Yueze nodded and said, "Okay, Granny Xu, the things we borrowed will be converted into money and deducted directly from the rent."

Granny Xu didn't speak anymore, she turned her head and looked at Cheng Zhou again, then turned and went into her room.

...

The moonlight is bright at night, and the surroundings are quiet.

Suddenly, there was a cry of a baby from downstairs, followed by a man's scolding.

Cheng Zhou frowned, "Why does the movement downstairs seem to be beating someone?"

Huo Yueze boiled hot water, twisted a wet towel to wipe his limbs, "Don't worry about it, it will be quiet after a while."

After all, his mental power extended downward with a clear goal, and within a moment, the beating and scolding stopped abruptly...

Cheng Zhou turned his head to look at the quiet little fat ball on the bedside, and said lightly, "It's a good thing I didn't wake up the little glutinous rice ball."

"Don't worry, he won't wake up all night." Huo Yueze slept with his little chubby ball for seven days, and he couldn't understand this little cub's routine.

Huo Yueze repeatedly confirmed worryingly: "Did you really not need to feed the little glutinous rice balls during the shell-breaking period of this month?"

Not eating or drinking for a month, rolling around so happily all day long, and exercising so much, he always felt that his little cub was going to starve to death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 189 24
Author name: Canned Moon/罐装月亮 Type of work: Danmei novel List of chapter: 24 chapter (Finished) Work status: Completed The docile and cowardly Littl...
4.6K 107 132
Author: Qingsha Mowu/輕紗墨舞 Category: Danmei novel Status: 532 Chapter He is probably the only one who gains five pounds during the festive season and...
40.9K 1.2K 136
Cannon Fodder Little Husband [Quick Wear] 炮灰小夫郎[快穿] Author 张三悟 Status 349 Chapters Description After Wu Bai died, he crossed over and became a littl...
Sonder By

Romance

18.1K 1.7K 25
Do you believe in reincarnation? Delve into a myriad of tales that might fill your fantasies as you follow the stories of different characters as the...