๐“๐ฐ๐จ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐’...

By KaterinaNemeth

Visenya Targaryen is the only woman in her lineage named after the Conqueror, but she has dark hair, which op... More

๐“๐ฐ๐จ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐•ฎ๐–†๐–˜๐–™
๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ 
๐Ÿ. ๐ต๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ค๐‘ 
๐Ÿ‘. ๐ป๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
๐Ÿ’. ๐น๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘ข๐‘๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ 
๐Ÿ“. ๐ด ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ'๐‘  ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’
๐Ÿ•. ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ
๐Ÿ–. ๐ด๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก'๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘–๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’
๐Ÿ—. ๐ท๐‘œ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘’
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ข๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐‘†๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’!
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘กโ„Ž
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘. ๐‘…๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’. ๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“. ๐‘‡๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”. ๐ด๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•. ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›'๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘ค๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘”๐‘ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–. ๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘œ ๐ผ๐‘  ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘›
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—. ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ. ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐ท-๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘™
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘. ๐ด ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’. ๐ด ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘™๐‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”. ๐ด๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘๐‘’, ๐‘€๐‘Ÿ. ๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•. ๐ถ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘™
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–. ๐‘€๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—. ๐ป๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘ก๐‘œ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ. ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘–๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ. ๐‘†๐‘–๐‘™๐‘˜ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘œ

๐Ÿ”. ๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘๐‘™๐‘’

3.2K 101 17
By KaterinaNemeth

              RHAENYRA ARRIVED ON TIME to act as cupbearer for her father and the other members of the council, it is a rather dull task but someone needed to do it. There wasn't anything interesting, considering all they talked about was finance, cattle, and the King's unborn son.

It is a sensitive subject for Rhaenyra, her father used to repeat the same patterns when her mother was with child – excitement, avoiding Rhaenyra, focusing on his royal duties to stay realistic towards the possibility of never bearing a son, paying no attention to Visenya's letters, acknowledging his daughters, and once the big day was near... Viserys would center all his effort on a tourney for his new babe.

"The tourney will take the better part of a week. Before the games are over, my son will be born, and the whole realm will celebrate," Viserys said with a smile, his excitement was clear, and Rhaenyra shook her head faintly at his statement.

"We have no way of predicting the sex of the child."

"Of course, no maester's capable of rendering an opinion free of conditions, are they now?" The King answered with irony – "There's a boy in the Queen's belly, I know it"

"And my heir will soon put all of this damnable hand-wringing to rest himself," Rhaenyra gulped. Why? Why such a strong desire for a son? What made him think that this babe would be the solution to all wars?

Rhaenyra was pulled out of her thoughts when Ser Westerling, "Princess, I need you to come with me," which she understood.

"He passed through the Red Keep's gates at first light."

"Does my father know he's here?" She questioned with her hands behind her back.

"No."

"Good," Rhaenyra replied fast.

Ser Harrold opened the Throne Room's door for her to enter, Harrold's expression fell when he saw Daemon Targaryen resting on the Iron Throne.

"Gods be good," he hoped for Daemon to not really be here, his presence meant trouble.

"It's all right, ser," she replied, a smirk on her face while keeping her gaze set on Daemon.

Rhaenyra has always thought highly of Daemon, and although he is known as someone ruthless, Rhaenyra couldn't quite place her feelings but she saw Daemon as someone dear to her.

But seeing him here stirred something inside her.

Rhaenyra descended the stairs with her characteristic elegance, "What do you think you're doing, Uncle?" she asked him in High Valyrian.

"Sitting"–"This could well be my chair one day"

"Not if you're executed for treason," she walked towards him, "You haven't come to court in an age."

"Aye..." Daemon hummed after."Court is so dreadfully boring."

"Then why come back at all?"

"I heard your father was hosting a tournament in my honor." The corners of her lips tugged up in amusement.

"The tournament is for his heir," she paused holding onto her smile. "And to welcome Visenya, I think."

"Hmm..." Daemon readjusted himself on the throne, puffing his chest out.

"Just as I said," Daemon didn't know about Visenya's arrival until her epic appearance, therefore he skipped acknowledging that.

Rhaenyra smiled at his confidence, these days with him here were going to be promising. "His new heir."

Daemon clicked his tongue. "Until your mother brings forth a son..." he warned as The Rogue Prince got up from the throne. Daemon would be the heir and none else, just him.

"You are all cursed with me," he said softening his voice.

"Then I shall hope for a brother,"  Rhaenyra taunted him hoping to get a reaction out of him. She bit the insides of her cheeks trying to hold her imminent laugh, there is a fine line between bothering and angering someone, and Rhaenyra knew that Daemon's line is quite thin.

Daemon stood before her, with half a smile. He enjoyed his niece's snarky comments.

Ser Harrold, who watched them from afar, had someone tap him on the shoulder. Visenya managed to sneak up on him undetected, earning a gasp from her old mentor; Westerling gained Daemon's attention, who clasped a pendant around Rhaenyra's neck.

"Well, if it isn't the dragon in wolf's clothing..." Daemon teased her and Visenya laughed sarcastically.

Visenya wanted to give Ser Harrold a proper hug, but she wouldn't pass on an opportunity like this.

"Do not worry about me Uncle, worry about your eyebrows," Visenya smirked. If he wished to joke this way, she will do it better.

Rhaenyra stood between them, trying her best to hold her laugh. Daemon didn't expect her to answer snidely, he was shocked at how much Visenya had grown– and matured. After these moons in the North, her fire had turned somewhat menacing, and that was enough to cause a spark inside him.

Silence became deafening, Daemon just stood there looking at them both – Rhaenyra and Visenya were thinking the exact same thing. What the hell is he doing?

Visenya was the first to speak. "Is there anyone interesting taking part in the tournament?" That was enough to alert Daemon.

"Me, obviously," he asserted, tilting his chin up.

Visenya rolled her eyes and smiled. Daemon's confidence was one of the qualities that she and Rhaenyra admired, that approach was better than building someone else up – instead of yourself.

"Otto Hightower's son is going to participate..." Rhaenyra said, it seemed as if she was suggesting something. Daemon already had something in mind.

"What about a woman?" Visenya asked looking at Rhaenyra, she was cut off by their uncle's laughter.

"No woman is brave enough to challenge a bunch of men, let's not forget the crowds... they always ask for blood." The twins had stern looks on their faces, judging by Daemon's look he was going to spit something stupid.

"Besides, tourneys are no place for women," Visenya raised her brows.

"You never know, perhaps someday someone will surprise you," Rhaenyra suggested to him, Visenya didn't want to admit it but she was pleased with her sister's comment.

"Hmm," Daemon furrowed his eyes, who knows what roams inside his mind?

Visenya stared at him like he was a stranger, she was unsure of the intentions behind her uncle's silence – but after these many moons, Visenya was eager to be in Daemon's presence. Rhaenyra grazed her thumb over her pendant, her face stern as she analyzed the situation in front of her.

"I have something for you too," Daemon moved his hand to take out an object from his back.

Visenya's eyes widened in shock, and her pulse quickened with impatience. He was holding a small dagger with a grey handle and a black gem attached to it.

"It's Valyrian steel!" Visenya held a wide grin.

"I've heard how your interests have broadened," Visenya took turns looking at Daemon and the dagger.

"I found it in one of my... trips and thought about you," Daemon smirked as he handed the dagger to his niece.

Visenya held up the dagger, twisting it around and admiring every single detail; she could not contain her smile. At that moment Rhaenyra was so quiet that it seemed like she vanished.

Valyrian steel is the strongest material for a weapon, and the blade's color is the darkest grey shade– even black. Visenya had always wanted to possess Valyrian steel, and now she did.

Visenya stopped staring at it in wonder and looked back at her uncle, "it is beautiful indeed," she smirked once again.

"But don't think I'll forget what you have said about women fighters," she scolded Daemon, her voice having a sarcastic tone. He snickered turning up the corners of his mouth.

How surprising it is the number of times Visenya has genuinely smiled and laughed in a place where she had many unpleasant memories, where she met her friend 'Anxiety' once again.

A/N:

Hello! I hope you liked this first encounter with Daemon, I've kept it 'light' considering what I have prepared for the next one.

I'm new at making gifs, so I'm taking my sweet time learning.

Let me warn you, Visenya will have A LOT of comebacks ready to drop like a bomb.

And please, see that comment as sarcasm, I've been a Matt Smith fan for many years now and I have no intention of making fun of him. This is fanfiction and these comebacks are one of Visenya's traits.

Tell me what you think!!! And I welcome any suggestions.

See you soon 🖤 

P.S. I would like to dedicate this chapter to @_stargaryenx for her/his/their help.

(I haven't asked your pronouns 😅)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 951 20
The younger sister of Viserys and Daemon Targaryen, if you thought Daemon was the rough prince Visaera, was the only one who rivalled that. She wasn...
21.9K 922 7
After Drogon flew her away, Daenerys believed she was done, that the gods had enough. She would later laugh at the irony. ๐Ž๐‘ Daenerys Targaryen is...
196K 9.1K 91
It was no surprise to anyone that Viserys loved his baby sister Avalon. What was a surprise was how much Alicent found she liked Avalons company as...