Marriage Alliance

By rivervixenog

Ishita Mehra is a no-nonsense multimillionaire businesswoman running a billion-dollar empire laid down by her... More

✧.* Character Glossary ✧.*
»»---- Introduction----««
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Closing
New Book Announcement (Sinister Bride)

Chapter 55

6.6K 383 36
By rivervixenog

Ishita's POV:

I opened the door of my hotel room Ritika was standing in front of me lowering her head. I growled at her, "How the hell weren't I aware that he would have been here". She visibly gulped, "I don't know... I gave you the guest list but you didn't review it neither did I bother to check it." Huffing in annoyance I looked down at her hand. She passed me an invitation envelope, "This is an invitation for the grand mascaraed party. You're invited as well on behalf of the organization which presents their horses in the race."

I rolled my eyes, "And let me guess... Armaan might be there as well." She nodded softly, I busted, "This is all happening because of your carelessness. I don't want to see his face everywhere I go." She snapped her brows, "How long have you decided to run away from him? Ishita... be practical. You can't avoid him forever because you two work in the same industries. It's natural to cross paths and we came here for business but now you're mixing your personal life with professional. Then how am I the one at fault?". Taking the invitation in my hand I slammed the door close on her face because I hate being wrong.

Throwing the card on the bed I huffed sitting on the single couch lying in the room. It's so hard for me to avoid him because I know if I tried to make things stable between us. I would fall in love with him. Love isn't healthy for me and I'm scared he has a wife for the public's eye. I don't care about my reputation but I do care about his choices, I can't force my love on him. Veronica has been his first love what if his anger got subtle and he realize that Veronica is the one he wants to be with then definitely he would choose her over me. I know that I won't be able to overcome this rejection so the better thing for me now is to avoid him.

Everything was so simple between us till we got tangled with these complex love emotions. He truly cared for me I could feel that in his actions whenever he selflessly showered his love over me. His selfless love made me crave more of his love and affection but the moment we got to understand the feelings developing inside us. Veronica, the tragedy happened she sort of showed me that Armaan could be something else. His words got harsh, his actions got confusing and his care vanished into anger because of miscommunication. But in all of this, I'm exhausted trying to act cool because my insides are torn apart.

In the evening, I got dressed in a backless red dress that perfectly fitted my curves. Ritika passed me a glittering silver mask; she wore a black cocktail dress with a black feathery mask. The makeup artists did my makeup because if I did then we would have attended that party after two days. I checked myself in the mirror, "Is it too much? Yusuf would be there I don't want to act like a served dessert to him. But I like this dress..." She chuckled, "I don't think he would try any stunt with you after losing a hefty amount of money. But I can't take guarantee of Armaan Sir." That name brings a smile to my face but soon vanishes when I realize that I'm not the one he's with currently.

Stepping out from the hotel a Rolls-Royce pulled over we got inside and arrived at the venue. A red-carpet entrance was planned lots of media reporters were there plastering a fake smile on my face I stepped out of the car. The cameras flashed on me and some Indian reporters asked me about my reviews of the Royal Ascot. I spoke a few words praising Yusuf because that's necessary as he would be investing money with a low stake in my company. People will find it fishy if he signed such a big deal over a smaller stake and think that I slept with him. Most of them were interested to know about my personal life and mentioned Armaan's presence. I avoided the question and replied in a single sentence that we didn't cross paths. Answering a few more questions my eyes caught a glimpse of Armaan opening the car door for Veronica. I flee away from that place because I don't want to be the hot topic, Ritika politely cleared my way and helped me inside.

Entering the hall, it was a British castle theme massacred party packed with thousands of people. I searched for the food and snacks corner, the main reason I came to attend this event. My eyes roamed around the place some familiar faces were in the crowd but I didn't feel like approaching them. Yusuf was laughing with a group of men I avoided running into him and let him enjoy the moment of his pride. I was extremely bored and roamed around trying different food items. My mind was wandering in the mesmerizing environment and I bumped into someone carelessly the waiter looked a little startled and begged for an apology lowering his head. "I'm fine... no need to worry..." he nodded his head instantly and walked past me.

He looked a little bit suspicious I was bored so I followed him hiding behind the pillars of the hall. He rushed towards an elegant lady with brunette hair in a green cocktail dress with an emerald mask and stopped him in the corner. I was at a distance from them and couldn't hear their conversation, my eyes followed the lady's hand gestures. She pulled out a small cylindrical glass tube from her purse that had a white powered substance stored in it. She handed it to the waiter, I gasped when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned scared as hell, Ritika looked up and down at me "What? It's a massacred party costume, not a Halloween one. Then why did you yelped seeing me?"

I slapped her arm softly, "Never sneak up to me like that... ever..." she rolled her eyes, "Fine... but tell me what interesting did you find in these pillars that you can't stay away from them." I turned to show her that waiter and the lady but both of them vanished from sight, "Crap..." Ritika looked in the same direction and asked, "What?". Explaining to her whatever I saw she shrugged her shoulders and replied, "That's strange... maybe it was some sort of drug people consume which is prohibited to use openly." I shrugged my shoulders as well, "I don't know but that lady looked a bit shady. She had an emerald mask on her face or I would have recognized her." Ritika nodded and we walked away from that place meeting some familiar faces of the industry.

My legs were giving up standing there which felt like hours, Ritika passed me a glass of champagne and motioned me towards the different hall where the sitting arrangements were made. Soft violin music was played and some couples were dancing in the center of the room including some professional dancers. Getting a seat, I removed my heels and sit back comfortably, Ritika was staring at someone on the other side of the room. I followed her eyes; Armaan was already looking at me. His gaze ran a shiver down my spine, sipping his drink his eyes never left mine.

He gulped the whole drink and stood up from his chair walking towards me. But my vision was blocked by someone looking up DK was smiling at me. "May I know the name of this gorgeous beauty?" my lips parted to speak but he offered his hand forwards, "I was admiring you from a distance you were sitting alone. I couldn't resist the urge to ask for a dance...". I shook my head, "Thank you for your admiration but I'm very much tired and would like to decline your offer." He smiles politely and pulled the chair sitting in front of me, "No worries... but at least we can have a word together."

I nodded, "Sure... what do you wanna know?" the corners of his mouth leveled up in a smirk, "The ways you used to charm Yusuf Sheikh and snatched the deal out of our hands to bring a prestigious name to our company. Till yesterday he going to make a deal with us but now his PR team announced that they are interested to make deals in your company. But don't worry I wouldn't oppose it only if you can show me the same ways." his hand made its way towards my knee crawling up my slit. I removed his hand out of disgust, "Fuck off... you stinking old scumbag."

He pulled his hand away and chuckled, "Hard to get... I like it..." I stood up from my seat, "Shove it high up your ass because I don't give a crap about you and your stupid deals." I turned to leave when a familiar cologne filled in my nostrils driving me into ecstasy. The distance between me and Armaan was minimal. His eyes were deep in emotions looking away from me he gave a look at DK. "Keep your dirty hands to yourself DK or you might end up without one." DK stood up hissing in anger, "How can you say that to me Armaan? This bitch got the deal you and I worked for months." Armaan took a glance at me and sighed, "Yusuf will change his decision just give me some time to get it done."

I opened my mouth to speak in between but a hand snaked around my waist trailing up my backless dress. My eyelashes fluttered as a warm sensation rushed into my veins Armaan stared at me blankly. I think he knows what his touch does to me and hell I can't control my body reacting to his erotic moves. Shutting my mouth close I looked up at DK leaving us alone, Armaan dragged me out of the hall passing many hallways. He stopped opening a door and pushed me inside the restroom shutting it behind me. I crossed my arms together, "What do you want from me?" he pulled me towards him, "Right now I want to tear that dress of yours and fuck you bare." My cheeks swelled up which wasn't intentional.

He smiled a bit and covered it up with a stern look, "But I know you're going to love it... so I won't do that." His fingers trailed up my back making me shiver. Armaan left a deep sigh, "You have no idea how hard it is for me to stay away from you even if you appear everywhere I go." I looked away from him, "It wasn't planned by me to cross paths with you...". His fingers touched my jaw making me look at him, "Ishita... I did it all for you even if you don't believe in my words. You have no idea how much I have risked to bring you here and talk. If Veronica got any of our close recent pictures, she will bring it up in the court and ask for a divorce."

His voice dried, "I don't care about the money but it's my family's wealth they would lose it because of me. I can't be such horrible as a son bringing my parents towards bankruptcy." I stared into his eyes which reflected honesty then I asked him, "If I helped you get rid of Veronica would you sign those divorce papers for me?" he took a step back removing his hand from me. Lowering his head he mumbled, "You will get those papers by the time you would reach back India, and no need to help me I would do it myself."

Opening the door he left, I called out his name but he never looked back at me like he has decided to never look back at me. A lone tear escaped from my eyes realizing how much my life is barren without him. Tears ran down my cheeks, I felt disgusted by myself for being so selfish that I even applied a condition to help him. When he clearly needs my help because he faked the deal between DK and Yusuf. And now when Yusuf is going to sign the deal with me on the lowers stake then his plan to trap DK will just be a dream.

But in all this, I was neglecting his affection towards me for stupid reasons. His selfless love isn't just ruining me but harming him as well. I got so much tangled in my reasons that I neglected how much we both need each other's love. Armaan denied divorcing me even if he wants my help to get rid of Veronica. But he chose our love over his reasons and needs which I wasn't able to do, it took me so long to realize his love.

Today's task: 40 votes + 25 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 97.3K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
459K 29.2K 83
Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories are related to a good person, it breaks...
1.8M 115K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
1M 47.9K 38
Ishita Gupta is a Delhi based college going girl who is very shy and timid in nature. She is very much loved by her family and her best friend whom s...