Losing Hope *EDITING*

By jensenclays

(Glenn Rhee love story) Living through hell is hard for Claire. That hell just so happens to be trying to sur... More

Chapter 1; Claire Curvel
Chapter 2; Claire Curvel
Chapter 3; Claire Curvel
Chapter 4; Claire Curvel
Chapter 5; Claire Curvel
Chapter 6; Claire Curvel
Chapter 7; Claire Curvel
Chapter 8; Claire Curvel
Chapter 9; Claire Curvel
Chapter 10; Claire Curvel
Chapter 11; Claire Curvel
Chapter 12; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 13; Claire Curvel
Chapter 14; Claire Curvel
Chapter 15; Claire Curvel
Chapter 16; Claire Curvel
Chapter 17; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 18; Claire Curvel
Chapter 19; Claire Curvel
Chapter 20; Claire Curvel
Chapter 21; Claire Curvel
Chapter 22; Claire Curvel
Chapter 23; Claire Curvel
Chapter 24; Claire Curvel
Chapter 26; Claire Curvel
Chapter 27; Claire Curvel
Chapter 28; Claire Curvel
Chapter 29; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 30; Claire Curvel
Chapter 31; Claire Curvel
Chapter 32; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 33; Claire Curvel
Chapter 34; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 35; Claire Curvel
Chapter 36; Claire Curvel
Chapter 37; Claire Curvel
Chapter 38; Claire Curvel
Chapter 39; Glenn Rhee
Choose one please (A/N note)
Chapter 40; Claire Curvel
Chapter 41; Claire Curvel
Chapter 42
a/n; please read
Chapter 43; Claire Curvel
Chapter 44; Claire Curvel
Chapter 45; Claire Curvel
important!! please read.
sequel
a/n

Chapter 25; Glenn Rhee

3.8K 107 13
By jensenclays

I paced around the burned out fire Daryl made last night. My heart was pounding in my chest and my hands were shaky. I looked towards the road again, my eyes desperately searching for the red SUV that Rick must have had. T-Dog and Daryl were missing too -the only thing keeping me from freaking out was that hopefully Claire was with them. I was losing my mind not knowing where she ran off to.

I continued to pace around the small camp we set up, every few seconds my attention being drawn to the road where the other cars sat. I jumped, turning around to see Hershel. His arm was outstretched to me, his hand squeezing my shoulder in comfort. "Calm down Glenn, she'll be alright. She's with Rick."

That's my worry. I don't know if it's wrong for me to not trust Rick right now. He killed Shane for God's sake. He hid the secret that we were all infected. I just have my doubts about him right now.

I sighed, nodding my head. "I just wished they'd hurry back." Hershel gave me a small smile before walking back to Beth and Maggie. I looked around, my hands still shaking as I picked my shotgun up. "I'll go keep watch by the road," I offered.

"Glenn-"

"I'm not worrying, I just want to keep watch," I lied. I held my shotgun in front of me as I made my way to stand at the edge of the road. My foot tapped impatiently against the road, my fingers wrapping and unwrapping around the handle of the shotgun. I was feeling every emotion at once. Anxiety, fear, overwhelmed; all for one person. "Where are you Claire?" I whispered, my voice cracking only loud enough for me to hear.

I have no idea if she's fine or if she's hurt. I have no idea if she needs help or even if she got split up from Rick. I have no idea if she's calling out to me for help or if she's just gone. How can I protect her when she isn't besides me? I hate the thought of something bad happening to her, but I have no choice here. I'm not with her and I just have to stand here and wait until she gets back --if she gets back.

I took a quick glance behind me, seeing Hershel walk over to me. Great, what does he want now? I paid little attention to him as he stood by me, my only focus was on waiting for Claire to get back. Everything else didn't matter to me at the moment.

"You really care about her don't you?" Hershel asked after several minutes of silence.

I nodded, my eyes set on staring at the road. "Yes," I answered truthfully. "She means more to me than anyone else honestly."

"She's stubborn."

"I know," I agreed. "But she's strong and knows when it's time to do the right thing."

"You'd give up your life for her wouldn't you?"

"Yes. And everything in between."

Hershel patted my back, making me look at him briefly. "Take care of her, she needs someone like you in her life now that the world isn't as it used to be." He gave me a small smile before walking back over to the others.

I would take care of her. I would protect her. I would do everything in my power to keep her alive and safe as long as I'm around. It's not a promise to anyone but her. I may not need to say it verbally, but I would never let anything happen to her. Her life means more to me than my own.

My attention was brought back to the road as I could start to see a vehicle coming our way. I raised my shotgun up, my eyes squinting to see in the distance. Is that them? Or is more trouble coming our way? Slowly the vehicle became more clear, letting me see Hershel's red car.

"They're back," I called out to the others.

The car pulled over to the curb, Rick and Daryl were the first ones I saw as they got out. My heart seemed to stop beating as I waited for Claire to step out. Everyone came crowding around them, asking multiple questions.

I began to panic, Claire still not in my sight as T-Dog came from around the car. "Where's Claire?" I asked frantically, my voice cracking as I thought of the worst.

"She's in there, she brought a friend along," Daryl answered.

I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding as the backseat door opened and Claire's face came into my view. I took a couple of steps towards her --only stopping as something furry jumped out of her lap.

"Is that a dog?" Beth asked in disbelief.

Rick nodded, a smile appearing on his face as Beth and Carl rushed to pet it. "Claire found it. It was her idea to bring it back."

I smiled, watching as Claire got out of the car and slammed the door shut. "I also found food and water thanks to Franco," she basically bragged. "Killed a couple of walkers myself too."

My eyes landed on her clothes, zoning in on the blood that was splattered on the material of her jacket and jeans. I frowned, shaking my head. Of course she'd get herself into some kind of trouble. Trouble just seems to follow her. She's a walking target most of the time.

"Glenn, why don't you come help us grab some cans of food so we can eat," Rick suggested.

I nodded, walking over to the car where Daryl and Rick opened the truck with Lori and Maggie following me. Rick passed me a few cans of what looked like beans and ravioli. Rick grabbed the others while Maggie and Lori grabbed some water bottles. I took what was in my arms over to the fire that T-Dog was lighting back up. I sat the cans down on the floor, squatting down to pick 2 cans for me and Claire.

"T, you look like you're struggling," the voice I liked to hear all too much spoke from behind me. "All you gotta do is put the match to the wood and don't burn yourself."

"Easier said than done."

I stayed squatted; not exactly knowing what to do. I'm pretty sure Claire was ignoring me from yesterday, even though I'm not quite sure what I did. Should I offer her the can now or just wait until she's sitting somewhere?

I didn't have to dwell on the matter for long before I turned my head to see her sitting down right besides me. She gave me a small smile, one that I knew wasn't real.

"Hi."

"Hi?" I answered back in confusion. "I thought you were mad at me?"

She shrugged her shoulders, leaning into me and reaching for one of the cans I was holding. "I figured life isn't much of a guarantee to stay mad at someone forever," she pointed out. "So, I'm not mad at you."

Well that's a relief. I carefully sat down all the way so I wasn't squatting anymore. I pulled my knife from my pocket, wiping the blade on my jeans just in case before using the tip to open the can. The others soon gathered around the fire, small talk and laughs falling around them as they opened and scarfed down their cans and bottles of waters. Rick and them finding this food really brought better moods to everyone. I think that dog has something to do with it too.

My gaze flickered to the small animal, watching as Lori and Carl pet it. It's like we needed the dog around to remind us that life is still out there other than us. People are surviving as well as dogs.

"Stupid freaking can," Claire huffed from next to me.

I stared at her, biting down on my tongue to keep from laughing. She was really struggling to open the can with her knife. "Here," I offered. I took the can from her, sliding the tip of my knife into it and cutting the lid off. I handed it back to her, finding it cute that her cheeks and ears redden in embarrassment.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Welcome."

I scooped some beans out of the can with my fingers, stuffing it into my mouth as my stomach grumbled. I didn't care that I was eating like a pig. No one else was thinking about their manners anyway. We were just all hungry and exhausted.

I was surprised when Claire finished her can before me, tossing it into the fire and making the flames jump up a bit. I chuckled, finishing my can off and doing the same. I grabbed a water bottle that Lori sat down near us, taking big gulps as I washed the aftertaste of cold beans down. I used the last bit of water to pour on my fingers to get rid of the slimy bean feeling on my fingers.

"I'm tired," Claire whispered.

I figured. "You woke up really early, you were gone before I woke up," I told her. "I was worried like crazy."

"Sorry," she quickly apologized. "I didn't mean to make you worry. I just wanted to help look for gas." I instantly forgave her as she laid her head on my shoulder --surprising me that she didn't pull away as I wrapped an arm around her waist.

"It's okay. You're alive and you're still here."

My thumb made small circles on her exposed hip as I laid my head on top of hers. "Get some sleep Claire, I'll wake you when Rick decides what we're going to do," I whispered.

"Okay."

I kissed the top of her head softly, for once feeling completely safe even with the threat of a walker popping up out of nowhere. Anywhere she is, with her in my arms, I know everything will be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 15.3K 51
As Carl and his group slowly and painfully survive the apocalypse, turns out someone else was too. (Y/n) was living in what was left of the world al...
17.5K 944 11
❝How do you deal with the depths of hell? How do you pretend like the world isn't falling about? Those are the questions that Marnie is begging to fi...
18.2K 499 27
In which a girl finds herself falling in love at the end of world with her leader, only he thinks he's hard to love but loving him is like breathing...