Marriage Alliance

By rivervixenog

Ishita Mehra is a no-nonsense multimillionaire businesswoman running a billion-dollar empire laid down by her... More

✧.* Character Glossary ✧.*
»»---- Introduction----««
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Closing
New Book Announcement (Sinister Bride)

Chapter 47

7K 426 75
By rivervixenog

Ishita's POV:

Ritika placed the files on my table turning back to leave I called her, "Ritika... Um... it's a little hard for me to say but-" she cuts me off, "You are not going to fire me or you?". I waved my hands dismissively, "No... No... it's just that I'm sorry for my previous behavior." I pulled out the envelope and passed it on to her, "This is a company voucher card with a limit but you can use it like the way you want." She took the envelope and gasped, "Really... this is so exciting... I can now-" I showed her palm, "Calm down... I don't want you to get a heart attack for some free stuff. Also don't let any other employee know about it because I can't give it to everyone or else, I might end up bankrupt" she cleared her throat and nodded.

I stood up from my chair, "Also gather all those lunatics employees I'm going to make some announcements." She bowed and stepped out of my office. Taking deep breaths, I reminded myself that I will need the money which my company employees make for me so I need to be on my best behavior. Ritika peeped in, "Everything is settled..." I nodded and stepped out of my office. Everyone was giving me stare looks some were giving me unnecessary smiles. "Hello everyone..." they mumbled a hello together, "I'm here to apologize to you all for my previous bad temper which I had because of the workload in the competitive market. But in all this, I forgot to be on my humblest behavior because let's be honest with each other you all have previously worked with different bosses. Some were creepy or unnecessarily arrogant and some even tried to be in bed with you."

They looked at each other and nodded, I added "If not you then you might have seen other co-workers. And no one is at fault you want a nice paying job they want instant pleasure if you seem easy to go then try it on you. If you agree then you will be their bed warmer and if not then they push so much work without giving credits that you eventually decide to quit. All I want you all to understand is that happened with me also when I entered in this bussiness many CEO's tried it with me as well but instead of being their bed warmer, I snatched away their houses making them sleep on pavements." The crowd cackled, I shrugged and continued, "Yeah... that's what I am... and that's how I became cold and heartless to get what I deserve. You might work here or leave this company because of my bad behavior but I wanted to tell you guys my part of the story before you all judge."

Ritika gave me a big smile, I gestured for her to bring the prospectus "Well this is a summer carnival event which Mehra Group will be hosting for the employees. You all can come and enjoy winning gift vouchers and cash prices." They hooted clapping for the announcement. I gestured for them to stop, "Basically this was my father's idea but I'm adding one rule in this that all my company employees should win. I want you all to get the prize and give me my share in it..." they looked at each other sadly, I hooted, "I was kidding..." they cackled and clapped happily. I added, "About the sharing part... but you all need to win..."

In the afternoon Ritika knocked on my office door and entered, "What should I bring you for lunch?" I looked up from my document file, "Oh nothing... I already asked Amir to bring it for me and you can go home as I'm giving you one week's leave from work. To use the card obviously and Amir is sitting in my dad's office eating money for no reason, he would assist me for a week till you come back." She sits in front of me, "Ishita... I really appreciate your hospitality but if you're doing this to get a new assistant before kicking out then tell me clearly, I don't want all these holidays because I love my work."

I looked up and down at her, "I can't even say that you got some bad influence because half of the time you're with me but are you crazy? I'm not searching for any assistant. Your work is just fine except for the part where you forget things and if you want to thank someone then say it to Aditya. He insisted seeing you working all day like a bull that I should give you some time to be yourself. That guy has a massive crush on you but don't worry I told him that you have a boyfriend so he won't be bothering you." She stared at me in shock. Avoiding her I concentrated on the person who had just gotten inside my office without knocking.

Amir placed the lunch boxes on the table and Ritika quickly arranged them she peeped down at the boxes confirming there isn't any unwanted thing because she knows if I saw a hair around the food, I wouldn't eat for the day it just disgusts me, personal issues. She gasped and removed a box from the table glaring at Amir, "You got her peanut cheesecake... she's allergic to nuts, and additionally, she only eats strawberry, blueberry, lemon, cherry, and rarely caramel cheesecake because she's not a huge fan of ginger biscuit crust." Amir scrunched his nose, "She's that picky... God, I'm a lawyer, not a doctor and how will I know which thing got nuts in it or not?" Ritika and I spoke together, "Ingredient..." he huffs in frustration.

Ritika sighs, "You won't last more than three days..." she motioned him to follow her, "I have some notes about Ishita's preference you can follow them to survive a week. Don't get her sick or Armaan sir will get you hard lessons the last time he made it clear that if I got nuts near her, I will be thrown out of the country and dropped in the Amazon Rainforest or the Sahara Desert" she helped him out. I looked at the food and lost my appetite Armaan mentioned that he couldn't even afford a professional chef or security guards around him. Resting my head back I stared blankly outside, my phone buzzed I picked it up sliding it near my ear a voice busted making me deaf.

"Where the hell you vanished? I called you and Ritika told me you went back to Mehra's house why I wasn't aware of it? Do you know how scared I was? I thought you met an accident or something but thankfully she told me that you got to meet someone and then decided to get back home. I'm waiting for you at least let me know before you vanish overnight." I rubbed my ears, "Maa... I'm just fine... Can I come home right now? What did you make for lunch?" she sighed, "Armaan's favorite butter chicken but he's not here even you left." I giggled, "I met him..." before she busts in my ears again, I kept my phone down and stepped away speaking from a distance, "I will explain everything once I come home keep that butter chicken warm, I'm on my way."

Stepping out of the office I passed Ritika's cabin where she was handing Amir big stacks of paper. She passed me the mouth freshener, "I was just going to give you that..." I waved my hands at her, "No... I haven't done my lunch neither has Maa so I'm going back home or she wouldn't eat alone. You both can share the food..." She nodded, "Okay..." I took the elevator down the parking lot and hopped inside my car starting it. Driving inside the Goel Mansion many other cars were parked as well. I walked inside the hall it was packed with women, children, and some bald men with heavy stomachs.

A teenage girl waved at me, I waved back at her not knowing who she is, and giving smiles to others I walked inside mumbling namaste, and got near nudging Maa. "Who died?" she hushed me, "No one why would you say that?" I shrugged, "Mostly relative gathers when someone's dead, getting married, or come to gossip about some juicy thing that happened in the family." She hummed in response, "As a good mother I should deny the facts and teach you some morals but whatever you said is right. But in this case, they are here to gossip about Armaan's sudden uninterest in the family business. Don't worry I'll get them busy..." she turned to the crowd, "Hey... you guys can watch tv while I serve food to my daughter-in-law?" she turned on the tv and make the squeaking children sit on the couch.

Ignoring them I walked up to my room took a quick shower to refresh myself and draped a saree because of the downstairs nosy relatives. Applying a little vermillion along the parting of my hair I took the nuptial chain, Armaan gifted me it was so much of my liking that I wanted to style it with everything but failed miserably because it's suppose to be a holy symbol of marriage. Looking at myself in the mirror I looked beautiful but not happy.

My insides these days don't feel good I stared at myself, I never wanted to marry him but then did. I never wanted to live under the same roof as him but got so much attached to him that now it feels empty without him. I miss him so much that sometimes I even forget what reminded me of him. It's like a trail of memories that begin somewhere and end somewhere.

Maa called my name I lastly checked myself in the mirror and walked downstairs, Maa gasped looking at me, "You look gorgeous... come here..." she hugged me and applied a Kala tikka behind my ears. She motioned me towards the dining hall hiding me from relatives, we got seated next to each other enjoying food. Maa mentioned, "Don't get too involved with that peacock-headed woman, she's a bitch..." I shrugged, "But I'm a bad one..." Maa smiled and asked hastily, "And tell me how did you meet Armaan?" I explained everything from the beginning then added, "Maa... I'm no one to advise you anything but I would surely suggest letting Armaan do whatever he wants to do this time or it will be bad for the relationship he was with you and Dad. I have noticed how much he blames you guys for everything whether it's about Veronica or his position in the company. He needs to understand that we just want to protect him from doing bad things rather than what he thinks."

Maa nodded, "I agree with you, however, it is better to be aware of the cautions before a problem arises. Veronica is the type of person who, if she's thrown under the bus, will drag the other person along with her. I have tolerated her manipulation for so long that at last, my patience broke down. I really wanted your relationship with Armaan to work out because you're so pure. Nothing about you is fake I don't want to see you hurt bacha..." she cleaned her hands. I know what she means because I think she knows how much it's bothering me inside that he has chosen a reckless path to get success.

"If you don't mind, can you send some Goel Family staff members including cook, housekeeping, and bodyguards to the pool house? He's struggling too much to manage everything but I don't want anything bad to happen to him because he's a Goel Family member and you know how much people feel jealous about us...." Maa nodded and agrees with me, "Sure... I will send the backup staff members to the pool house you can send them to the address with whatever assistance you want but I think Armaan will return them over his male ego." I smirked, "Need can make people lose ego, self-esteem and even self-respect then what's his male ego in front of it..." Maa smiled, "I shouldn't laugh at my son's misery but I can't do anything or he will think that I'm interfering in his life again... Ahh... it's so tough."

Cleaning our hands, we stepped outside; they were laughing and talking to each other watching the new channel. But looking closely it was an entertainment news channel with Armaan's face flashing on it. My brows knitted together I stepped close to the screen ignoring the people's awkward looks. They were showing some pictures in which Veronica was standing next to him on a red carpet and Armaan delivering a speech standing with some partners of Pearls Entertainment. It was basically inside pictures of a private event hosted by the company but media houses got some pictures posted only.

Armaan's father walked inside and stood next to me, "You knew about it..." I shook my head, "No... like I knew he was going to share a partnership with DK but I didn't know about him sharing carpet with Veronica, and is it even necessary?" He raised his brows, "You don't know the full news..." my forehead ceased, "No... I don't know what kind of news you're talking about." He sighs taking a look at the people gathered in the hall, "Armaan accepted his relationship with Veronica in the public showing the legal papers of their marriage."

I chuckled, "You're kidding right... he won't do that and why would he?" they looked at me with those eyes showing concern and pity. I wanted to pull out eyes from their sockets, Dad gestured me to sit "It's true... but don't worry we will shut down the media houses claiming it's fake news or plan something better." I looked up at him still digesting his words. Armaan would never do that he openly announced that he wouldn't divorce me then why all this? Or maybe he's done with me. He told me that I was like my father and not the girl he admired so maybe this is the end he planned.

Well, I should say great planning... he got what he wanted, the girl he loves, his name besides being a Goel Family member, and his dream to start a happy family with the love of his life. I should be happy for him because from the beginning our marriage was just an alliance made seeing the profits of both parties that we will get out of this marriage. Feelings shouldn't have come in between especially not one-sided because it's pre-destined to be ruined. My body felt numb some people seated next to me comforted me by saying soothing words but I didn't feel anything. Giving a small smile I politely moved out of the hall to my room sitting next to the window.

I blankly stared outside, the sunset looked more beautiful today everything was refreshing emitting radiant happiness but my insides were gloomy and cold. Loves make you believe in illusional happiness and once it leaves your life a cold inhuman takes place. People cry, take revenge, and run behind their love madly trying to make their love back. But I want to thank him for breaking me again because now I can go back to being myself which have been for the past ten years. They call it a cold remorseless baron who only cares about money.

My phone buzzed with Armaan's name flashing on it I turned it silent. Removing my necklace, I placed it back in the drawer and changed my clothes back to my office clothes. Checking my phone, I had a call from Amir also I decided to call him back. After three rings he picks up and answered in haste, "Have you checked the news? I'm sorry Ritika left and I was busy checking the documents in your office then it was pretty late to do anything." I asked him calmly "Where are you?" he replied, "On the way to Goel Mansion." I thought for a second and replied, "Okay I'll follow you to meet Mrs. Malhotra... and yeah please get me a new phone." I ended the call.

Walking down Maa stopped me, "Where are you leaving?" I told her about Mrs. Malhotra she nodded and firmly gripped my arms. "Don't worry we will find a way out of it..." I showed her my palm stopping her. "Don't.... let him do what he wants as I said it will ruin your relationship with him nothing else. Don't worry about me I would be just fine..." she nodded her head glimpsing at Dad. I left the hall and threw my phone in the pool water walking towards the parking. Turning on the car engine I lastly glimpsed at the Goel Mansion which I wouldn't be visiting ever again. I came inside the house with him but now I'm leaving without him. 

Today's task: 30 votes + 35 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 96K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
1.3M 71K 44
*(Unedited) ⚠️: Has a lot of , i repeat a lot of spelling and grammatical mistakes read at your own risk . Do not complaint about it later in comment...
134K 6.5K 61
This is the story of Arohi Singhal. Arohi is a 19-year-old girl from Udaipur. She belongs to a middle-class family. Arohi is a polite, well-spoken an...
1.8M 113K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...