Todoroki One Shots

Od frederikkemariefonne

(Not my art) This will be a one shot book, mainly about Todoroki and class 1-A. This story contains: -Angst ... Viac

Returning Memories
Expected or Unexpected?
Present- or past memories
Is it worth it?
Real or fake?
Pity- or not?
Secrets and despise
Secrets and despise II
Brothers or not?
Help?
It's alright
Truth?
Freezing impact
How It Is
Issues
It's alright II
Love?
Games or determination?
Games or determination? II
Best bet
Best bet II
Right answers?
Un-usual behavior
Un-usual behavior II
Chosen or not?
Judgmental
Christmas?
Fun events
Birthday
Sorry's
Experience
Sorry's II
Traitorous?
Condition?
Breaking
Unreversable?
Unreversable? II
Way of play
Airing emotions
Flaming trouble
Unreversable? II(I)
Blooming friendship
Another's troubles
Panic and nightmares
Uncurable
Uncurable II
Different comfort
Endings and beginnings
True self?
Rewinding
Undeniable
Injuries
True self? II
Unplanned trip
Undeniable changes
Ignorance
Accused
Returning light
Opposites attract
Unwanted Flashbacks

Family

1.3K 26 6
Od frederikkemariefonne

Summary:

Class A gets news about a special event, which is going to take place at their school; Family day, something no one new about, but also something everyone was looking forward to.. or atleast, some were..

Family day finally comes around at UA, and everything's going well until a curtain family shows up, resulting in new discoveries and new opinions.

===

"It's what tomorrow?"

Aizawa rechieved a confused gaze, followed by confusion lacing all over his students' voice.

Did they ever listen?

He sighed, having already told them all about the day to come- "It's 'family day' tomorrow" He almost just got to finish his sentence, before a hand had been raised into the air, followed by a voice he recognized all too well-

"I'm sorry Sensei, but I've never heard of this 'family day' thing" Iida always seemed to know how to push his buttons... didn't he? 

"Ofcouse you haven't-" He saw the confused gazes, that now seemed to have doubled by his sentence. Maybe he should change his way of explaining..  "-and it's because, the school is the one, who organised the entire thing". He tried not to frown, as he realised no one seemed to understand his explanation. Why was his students so oblivious?

"But Sensei?" A voice suddenly called, a bit down from one of the first rows of seats. He simply hummed in acknowledgement, not wanting to waist his entire energy, before he even gets the chance to have lunch. Sometimes he wonders, why he chose to become a teacher in the first place... he doesn't even like kids..

A green haired teen stood from his seat, as he began talking before it turned into rambling- "What do you mean by 'school organized', is this even a real event? Why do we need to bring our family's? Is it even safe? What do you get fro-" Aizawa decided to cut him off, before his rambling could get more out of hand-

"We're only having this event, because some parents and other family members, has shown concern about your safety" He explained dryly, already feeling tired out from this entire 'questioning' thing.

A few nods could be seen around the room, which Aizawa took as a sign, that everyone had understood what he meant.

"Good, let's start this lesson before I decide to sleep instead"

Family day? What is that even supposed to mean?

The thoughts kept passing through his mind, going in one ear and out the other, only to return again, without giving him time to process the new found information. 

He could hear Aizawa's voice in the background, as he explained something about hero's, but he couldn't bring himself to listen. Was he supposed to? He could see a pair of green eyes starring at him, but he didn't acknowledge them. He already knew what they were gonna say... The pitiful expression on their face, being enough for him to read.

...

When the bell rang, he realised that he had zoned out again, only now realising that he missed another class. Maybe he should tell Aizawa that he hadn't listened at all, for... what was the time even? 

He glanced to the side, only to realise that the bell, that had just rung, was the one that signaled the end of the school day. Had he really zoned out for that long? That never happened... unless he were really stresse-

"Todoroki? Are you ready to leave?"

The voice caught him off guard, but he nodded none the less, having recognized the voice almost instantly- "Yes Iida, I'm ready". As he stood from his seat, he realised that almost everyone already had left, Iida, Uraraka and Midoriya being the only ones left, apart from himself.

Did everyone already leave?

"Are you alright Todoroki-kun?" His mismatched eyes met, with the all too familiar concerned green ones.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He raised an eyebrow, showing his clear confusion, before the four began walking towards the UA exit.

The green haired teen rubbed at his neck, before speaking again, in a less confident voice, than Shoto had been used to- "It's just the family day thing. You sure it's alright to have your family here? I mean, if you want to it's fine-" As Midoriya began rambling, Todoroki found some grounding in the way, that Iida and Uraraka were listening quietly instead of asking questions. 

He, and Midoriya, told them about his entire 'home' situation just a little while back, as they were his friends too, and he knew, that he could trust them.

"-and besides, we all know how your father can act-" It's true. Endeavor has acted out a lot on TV, mostly on Shoto though, not so much on the villains- or people who criticizes him. "-are you sure of the fact, that you want him to come here at UA, with the rest of your family"

That sentence caught his attention..

Todoroki had no idea, of what this 'family day' was, but by what Midoriya had said, it sounded awfully familiar to something from his past school. Actually from when he was back in middle school... he guesses the memory also was from one of these 'family days'..

---

He were about ten years old, when his middle school teacher, had told them something about a 'parent day'. Something Shoto didn't understand back then, and still doesn't.

"Your parents are all coming by later today, I'm not sure everyone was told this before hand.." She had said, a question evident in her voice, as she watched the many heads being shaken from left to right, showing that many hadn't heard these news. Shoto being one of them, hadn't understood what his teacher had been saying.

Were father coming? He couldn't remember the last time, that his father had showed up to anything, especially not at the school. Had his father agreed to this?

And then a thought hit him-

Were mother coming too, then?

He still remembers the thought having brought up some warm memories, from within him. Memories he probably forgot a long time ago.. memories he would rather forget, especially when they seemed to bring his hopes up..

Ofcouse mother isn't coming, why would she..?

...

When the school day was over, and it was time for the adults to show, all of the kids could be found outside of the school, as they all waited for their parents to show up. They probably knew they would, not like Shoto, who never knew if his father would come or not. If Endeavor didn't want to show, he didn't. Shoto knew that much, even at the age of ten.

Cars could be seen pulling up just outside the school, aswell as kids running forward to greet their parents.

Almost everyone had found their parents, when a boy walked up beside him, saying things that made Shoto want to choke him-

"Are your parents coming?" He didn't know himself... Were he even supposed to talk with this boy? Father always told him not to socialize... but the boy seemed genuine.. and he didn't yell, like the others had. Todoroki simply answered in his normal monotone voice, deciding that the boy could be trusted-

"My father Is" He didn't look at the boy, afraid of the looks they might share, while this conversation is going on.

He couldn't see the boys face, but he could hear the confusion in his question- "Only your dad? What about your mom, isn't she coming too? My mom is" Shoto looked at him with widened eyes. Were he right? Were his mother coming too?

"I- I don't know" He watched as the boy raised an eyebrow, seeming confused by his question.

"What do you mean, 'don't know', aren't you supposed to know-" Shoto flinched by the sudden change in voice. He seemed so kind just a moment ago, but now he were almost yelling, with the newfound tone. Did Shoto say something wrong? "- are you one of those weirdos too?" Which weirdos? Shoto didn't understand a thing, everything seemed like too much.

"I-" He were just about to talk, when a voice he knew all too well, could be heard from behind him-

"Shoto, let's go" Todoroki kept the flinch down, as he turned to meet his fathers fiery gaze. He seemed even madder than this morning.. He tried responding, but his mouth didn't even have time to open before his father spoke again, making his blood run cold- "What were you talking about boy?".

Father didn't like it when he talked about mother... Shoto prayed that the boy wouldn't say anything, but as always, luck were never on his side-

"We were just talking about our parents Sir, and about how he didn't know if his mother would come or not" The sentence had an almost instant effect on his father, as his gaze instantly went back to Shoto-

"What?"

He could see the fist by his fathers side being clenched, and he knew, that he would retrieve a hit from his disobedience. But if the boy stayed here, father wouldn't be able to, right? And just as if the boy had heard his thoughts, a voice called from behind him, telling the boy to follow. There goes his lifeline...

Everyone had gone inside by now, only a few still waiting for their parents, though they seemed to be about ready to leave too.

"Shoto" He almost couldn't look up, but he did it none the less- only to get his face roughly smacked to the side, as his fathers hand slapped his face. The noise had been loud, but no one seemed to have realised it, even as they stood mehr meters away from the entire scene. He could feel the tears welling up in his two colored eyes, but he didn't dare let them fall. Father didn't like it when he cried...

"You disgrace of a child, first you talk to a stranger, and then you talk about your mother?!-" The yelling made him flinch violently, even though he had expected it "- Can't you just get it into your head, that she isn't ever coming back!?"

.... What?..

Shoto only just got the chance to look up, before a hand could be seen striking again.

He felt a tear leave his eye, before it all turned black, followed shortly by the loud sound of a hand colighting with his face-  "Stand up, and show everyone that you aren't as weak, as you're displaying right now!"

Maybe mother really wasn't coming back after all?..

---

It had been years ago, but he still remember the pain he felt, both physically and mentally at that moment. Though one sentence seemed to stand out. One thought. Something he would of never dared to say aloud.. or, atleast not in that point of time. 

His intuition was clearer now, his thoughts less tangled together, and his goals clearer than ever before, so maybe he would be able to say it now-

Maybe mother isn't coming back...

He accepted this fact a long time ago, but it still seemed to leave a pain in his chest, even as a thought...

"I don-" He decided, that making the same mistake twice wasn't an option, and instantly cut himself off to rephrase- "I'm not quite sure. Do I need to be?" Was that better?

He could see how his friends were sharing glances, before they turned back to him. Did he do something wrong? Dread flooded his senses, as his past memories came back- What do you mean, 'don't know'...

A smile crept it's way onto Midoriya's face, which helped ease his dread a bit, though not enough for it to be gone- "Ofcouse you don't, it's your choice, not his. Besides, if your father makes a big deal out of this event, you can just go around with us" he pointed towards Iida and Uraraka, who both nodded in sync, and Shoto doesn't think he has ever felt that safe with anyone.

...

Noises.

Loud noises..

Laughter.

Chatter.

Hugs and shared physical contact.

Shoto never liked these types of things, not when he were younger, and not now.

Everything that happened around him, only seemed to bring back more and more memories, every worse than the last.

There were people crowding around him in small groups, people looking for their family's, hugs being shared between loved ones... it all seemed too familiar. It didn't seem like a coincidence at all...

A hand grabbed at his arm, pulling him along, and he were just about to rip it off of him, out of spite. He didn't know who it had been. He were too cut up in his own thoughts, and if this was a stranger, he would rather run while he still had the chance.

But just as fast as the hand had come, it left again, leaving no trace of anything on his arm, only the ghostly feeling of where the hand had ones been.

"This is my mom... Todoroki-kun?" He looked up, only to realise that it had been Midoriya who had pulled him along, and apparently, lead him to his own mother. Was this safe? Wouldn't he just drive her insane too? He could feel himself backing away slightly, only to be stopped by a hand being reached out as a stop sign, by his friend- 

"It's alright Todoroki-kun, you're fine" The soothing words leaving his friends mouth, was enough to make his tense form soften slightly, but still not enough, for him to move any closer. He could hurt her... like he hurt her.. 

Midoriya didn't question it, when he didn't move forward, he even went as far, as to tell his mother not to go any closer towards him, when she tried to greet him with the biggest smile he had ever seen. Wouldn't Midoriya get punished for a behavior like that?

"Hello sweetie, I hear you and Izuku are good friends?" Her voice was soft and angelic. She seemed genuinely sweet, but there were just something about this entire situation, that made him think of something else- She almost seem like mother...

He nodded to her question, before forcing words out of his throat-"Yeah, we're friends". His answer seemed to bring a smile to her face, but he didn't know whether to fell delighted or slightly frightened by it. Father always smiles, before he strikes..

Midoriya's mother turned back towards her son, before she started talking again. Todoroki didn't listen though, instead, he decided to wait for the unbearable moment, when his father would show up.

He could see Midoriya's mouth moving, aswell as a smile being plastered on his lips, but he couldn't bring himself to listen.

His head turned, looking from side to side, as he realised just how many people had showed up by now. Were his family the only ones who weren't there?

He could see Iida with his parents, and a guy in a wheelchair, he thinks that it's Iida's brother. Uraraka is standing just a few feet away, with two people who seemed to be her parents. The situation in itself seemed sweet, but there were something about it, that made Shoto's head clench tightly-

Were family supposed to laugh together?

Almost all of his classmates were laughing and smiling, as they were talking with their family's and introducing them to their friends.

Were he supposed to too?

He didn't even know, if his family would show up or not, and maybe that was for the better. It would probably also be better if his family stayed away..

And just as if on cue, a voice called his name from somewhere behind him-

"Shoto?"

He turned, recognizing the voice as his sisters, almost instantly. Though he quickly came to regret his decision, as he saw his father just behind her. 

Natsuo stood just besides their sister, as she waved for Shoto to come over. He complied, even though he would of rather stayed away. He really hoped they hadn't showed..

When he reached where they were standing, Natsuo instantly pulled him closer, and locked him in a head lock, as he ruffled his two different colored hair together, making it seem on the borderline to pink, "How are you doing L'ill bro?".

Shoto didn't know how to answer that, or if he even wanted to at this point, as he were trying to pry Natsuo's hands off of him, to now avail. He could feel himself picking up more and more force, as he tried to get out of the grip, until Natsuo finally let him go.

When he were finally free, a hand reached up to his hair, as he tried to part it evenly again- "Did you really have to ruffle my hair?" His voice sounded more irritated than he had intended, and for a moment, he thought about Natsuo hitting him, making his right leg step back, as to make it easier for him to run just in case.

He caught himself in the thought though.

Did he really just think of his brother hitting him?..

"Shoto, aren't you going to introduce us to your friends?" He raised an eyebrow by that. What did she mean? He hadn't told any of them about his friends...

"What are you talking about, Fuyumi?" His question only seemed to make his sister smile, as she pointed a finger behind him-

He turned, only to realise, that Midoriya, Iida and Uraraka had crowded behind him, all of them seeming a bit tense, when Endeavor shifted from one foot to another. Maybe he shouldn't of told them after all...

He turned back around, as he could feel his friends walking to stand by his side instead- "Right, this is-" He pointed to his right, only to get cut off, by a bow-

"I'm Tenya Iida, from the Iida family, a very respected line of hero-"

"Iida, enough" Uraraka spoke, cutting him off, before she began her own introduction- "I'm Ochako Uraraka, it's nice to meet you!" She smiled at Fuyumi and Natsuo, as she held her hand out for them to shake. Though her smile quickly turned forced, when it was time for Endeavor.

Midoriya seemed to realise this, just as fast as Shoto did, and quickly jumped into the conversation, "I'm Izuku Midoriya".

The greenette held his hand out for them to shake, as his own family began introducing. Even as his friends already knew all about them..

Fuyumi smiled bright, as she leaned forward, while her hands quickly folded behind her back- "I'm Fuyumi, Shoto's older sister, it's nice to meet you too" He didn't even know where she learned to smile that bright...

"I'm Natsuo, Shoto's older brother, in case you didn't know" His brother didn't smile, but it didn't surprise anyone, as he weren't exactly the cheerful type when it came down to it. Natsuo was always the caring brother when they were alone, or at family events, but his personality almost always seemed to change when other people were around.

When his siblings' introductions were over, everyone's attentions seemed to turn to Endeavor, as they waited for him to speak. But when nothing came, Fuyumi elbowed him in the side, making crook an eyebrow- "What?".

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself, to Shoto's friends?" He seemed even more confused by that.

"What? I think they all know me pretty well, so it isn't necessary" Endeavor looked away with a scowl, as Fuyumi could only sigh in responds. She quickly apologized for their fathers behavior, before starting a conversation with Shoto's friends, which quickly escalated from;

Family, to- classmates, to- quirks, and at one point to- relationships. That specific subject seemed to bring some flustered expressions from his friends, and for a moment, Shoto thought that they had caught a cold, with the redness that seemed to spread on their cheeks. That wasn't normal, was it?

While this had been going on, Endeavor had been looking rather troubled, or atleast, like he had something to say. Shoto didn't question it though, as he knew that his father would tell them soon enough. And just as he had predicted, Endeavor began talking-

"What are your quirks?" 

No context, no nothing. Endeavor spoke as he always did- straight to the point, even as it seemed way out of line.

He could see the confused glances being shared between their friends, before they decided to answer. "My quirk's Engine, Sir!" Iida said as he bowed, even as he had no respect for the current number one hero- who would, when they knew about what he had done to his family?

Endeavor didn't seem fond at first, but just nodded as he went on to the next one- "My quirk's Zero Gravity, it makes the things I touch float" Uraraka smiled, even though Shoto could easily see that it was forced..

The olders stare turned into a glare instead, as he turned towards Midoriya, "And what's yours? It seemed pretty promising" Promising? What were his father talking about? Midoriya seemed to think the same thing as Shoto, his expression having turned even more confused, before he answered in his unsure tone-

"Thank you..?" Endeavor just nodded. What the hell was he on? "My quirk's O-" He quickly cut himself off, though Shoto didn't know why. Did he forget his own quirk or something? "- ... Uhmm.... Air smash..?" The green haired teen answered as if it was a question, though to who it had been directed at, seemed to remain a mystery.

A disappointing and slightly angered sigh could be heard coming from Endeavor, as he suddenly glared at his son- "Shoto what is this?" He really didn't know... what had he done this time?

The older began walking towards him, only to be stopped when Natsuo's outstretched hand stopped him in his tracks, making Endeavor growl in responds. "What do you mean?" He were genuinely confused by the entire thing, but Endeavor didn't seem to see it that way.

He suddenly pushed past Natsuo, as his fist ignited in flames, the yell leaving his throat, making Shoto flinch and back away- "Didn't I tell you that friends were only distractions?!" His yelling seemed to catch the other parents' attentions, aswell as his classmates'- "And if you have to have friends-" He walked closer, making Shoto back up further. To Shoto's luck for ones, they had been standing just by the entrance, so he had alot of space to back off in.

"- can't you atleast pick someone, with a somewhat useful quirk-" His fiery fist raised in the air, making Shoto gasp in surprise "- or are you really that, fucking useless!" He could only widen his eyes, as the hand strike'd at his face. 

Gasps could be heard around the room, even as they were almost drowned out by the loud smacking sound, coming from where the father and son stood.

"Dad!" Fuyumi yelled out in distress, as she ran towards her baby brother, who were currently on the ground, with a hand on his left cheek, trying to process what had just happened.

Did he hit him..? Had he hit Fuyumi? He could see Fuyumi infront of him, and he could feel the hand that he had placed on his cheek out of impulse. Did father slap him... again?

He couldn't process, as it all seemed to happened way too fast...

"What the hell!? How can you even call yourself a pro hero!?" Natsuo suddenly yelled, making people flinch all around the room, as they hadn't expected him to yell. He ran in between his siblings and their father, as he stood tall trying to protect them.. or atleast keep him at bay for as long as he could.

"Don't yell at me. He disobeyed my orders. He knew what was coming for him. Now, Shoto stand up, show your classmates that you aren't as weak as you seem!" Endeavor yelled out, making Shoto flinch violently, as he knew the words all too well. It's never gonna change, is it?

Shoto couldn't see much, because of Fuyumi and Natsuo- as his sister were kneeling infront of him, trying to inspect his face, while Natsuo still stood infront of their father. But even so, he didn't fail to see the olders form moving closer, as he pushed Natsuo harshly to the side. The sound of his brother hitting the floor, being something he could never forget.

He could see him reaching for Fuyumi too, but he couldn't move. Was he really that weak? 

Suddenly, he could hear his father grunt slightly in pain, and when he looked up, he realised that Bakugou had taken his brothers place in between him and their father, stopping the older from laying a hand on his sister.

His eyes widened, as he saw more of his classmates walking to stand besides the blonde, seemingly taking fighting stances, as their family's seemed to be either- cheering them on, or too stunned to speak. Is this what normally happens in an event like this?

"He isn't weak! You damn scumbag!" Bakugou yelled out, to Shoto's, and everyone else's surprise. 

A blast could be heard, as Bakugou launched himself towards the elder. Was he really gonna take the number one hero on, just for Shoto's sake? 

The rest of his classmates quickly accompanied him, as Shoto could only watch, finding it oddly satisfying to see his father being the punching bag for ones.

A hand suddenly grabbed his shoulder, which made him look away from the scene currently happening. "You alright?" Midoriya spoke from besides him, a concerned look in his eyes, as he seemed to be looking at the youngers cheek. Was it that bad?

"I'm alright" He simply answered, before looking back towards the scene, of his classmates showing Endeavor- that Shoto couldn't find any better, or stronger friends than them.

Which he couldn't agree more with. 

After all, they had been more of a family, than his own were supposed to, and he wouldn't change it for a thing.

===

I'm sorry that this is coming out a bit late. But I just didn't have the time or energy, to write it.

I may not be able to post every Sunday, but I'll try my best to post every time I can, with as less time in between as possible.

24/08/2022-28/08/2022

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

31.8K 514 25
My own really random ship one shots about Bsd, some angst fluff and everything, feel free to recommend anything you might want English isn't by the w...
87.6K 1.9K 40
🧡TodoBaku❤ I never thought of doing these before until now (I still LOVE Todoiida)! Some chapters will just be little funnies to make you smile more...
52.6K 863 34
Various ships and x readers - x readers will be gender neutral unless otherwise mentioned! -probably a lot of x readers, they're easier for me to wri...
20.3K 331 19
basically My Hero Academia Oneshots that will probably have angst in it. Maybe aideku? Dadzawa and Dadmight in it. also probably other ships too. (Ma...