Marriage Alliance

By rivervixenog

Ishita Mehra is a no-nonsense multimillionaire businesswoman running a billion-dollar empire laid down by her... More

✧.* Character Glossary ✧.*
»»---- Introduction----««
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Closing
New Book Announcement (Sinister Bride)

Chapter 45

7K 400 48
By rivervixenog

Ishita's POV:

Crossing my legs, I rested my head back sitting on my office chair waiting for Ritika. I turned my chair looking out of the floor-to-ceiling window of my office. From the view outside of a cloudy afternoon with busy streets, I never thought that someone will again push me into the position to feel the emotion of love. With one bad life decision, I learned that love is a pretty illusion that makes one expect things from the other person and expectations kill happiness.

When Armaan and I got married it was simple between us we had no emotional connection between us. He helped me and I helped him in return we got along well and enjoyed the times together loving the presence of each other. But from when I started loving him more than his presence things got messed up. When he told me that he loved me I was stunned and hope rise in me that maybe loving him isn't a bad decision. But the thing dragging me back to reality is maybe he said it so that he could get time to leave the room. Not because he loves me but because he wanted to leave me in any condition.

I don't like repeating mistakes because it's a waste of time and in the end, you're left alone at the edge of life where you get nothing after squandering everything. Still, somewhere the connection between us gives me hope that it would be life's best decision and I'm going to give it a try. Ritika knocked on the door I turned my chair towards her, "If one searches intently enough, he can find God too. And here we are searching Armaan Geol." She smiled and passed me some documents. "Armaan Goel has been chosen by DK and he made a transaction from Mumbai. It was enough to find him as he's staying in the pool house, he took you last time." I stood up from my chair.

"Let's go we shouldn't waste time..." we rushed outside the office. Ritika opened the car door and took the driving seat starting the engine she asked, "Ishita... don't get upset if he doesn't want to meet you because maybe there could be some reason." I shook my head, "I would try not to break his face but the thing bothering me is why he asked to share a partnership with Pearls Entertainment isn't that company promoting Veronica? Doesn't he know that and if he does then why would he step inside the snake hole? because she will surely tighten her grip around him. It would be dangerous and he could lose his lifelong made reputation after he left Goel Mansion." Ritika nodded and speeded up the car.

On the way, I called Maa and told her that I would be leaving for some work and won't be able to join her for dinner as the pool house was way far from the main city. I kept my eyes open not to dose off in the car because Ritika was driving. The car stopped outside the pool house it was covered in dust and looked low maintained than before. Pushing the steel door, I walked inside and Ritika parked the car outside the house, "No Guards..." Ritika shrugged and we stepped inside. Ringing the bell a housekeeping maid opened the door, I politely asked her "Is Armaan here?" she looked up and down at us then shook her head.

"No madam... no one came here since days." She politely stepped back to close the door. Ritika raised her brows, "That's not possible..." and looked around. The maid turned paler and gripped the door handle tightly. Her body language told me that she was lying but why would she, I placed my hand on the door and stepped inside, "Where's he? Did he tell you to say this to everyone that came here asking for him?" She wiped her sweaty forehead. Ritika tapped my shoulder and pointed at the car parked between the trees.

I glared at the maid and pointed at the car, "You said no one came here for days then who's car, is it?" she uttered in a low voice, "Ma'am I can't let you in... he doesn't want to meet anyone... please try to understand it's my job..." she joined her hands pleading and turned to close the door. Ritika stepped inside, "No need to get worried... ask him he..." a voice stopped us, "Nina... did you close the oven? I had muffins in the oven." My forehead ceased with the shrieking voice of the girl.

The maid rushed inside, "Yes Madam I did... Um... some people came to see Armaan sir. He told me not to let anyone else inside. What should I do?". Ritika mumbled, "It's not Veronica then who's this little chick?" I shrugged my shoulder, "You know I'm bad at remembering faces and names." She cleared her throat, "Then let's ask her because I don't remember her as well... keep your mouth shut people get scared every time you open your mouth." I rolled my eyes at her comment.

Ritika dripped some honey, "Hey sorry to bargain like this but there were no guards outside. We just came here to meet Armaan we know he's inside so it would be good if we both cooperated with each other." That girl raised her brows and ordered the maid to handle other things like she owns the house. I'm the real owner of the house Armaan gifted to me; she walked close to us "I don't know why he doesn't what to meet anyone but please if he ordered it then I don't think it is a good idea to go against him." Ritika tried to convince that girl but she was a complete pain in the ass I stood there crossing my arms silently as Ritika told me to shut up. I just enjoyed seeing her explain my relationship with him but the small chick denied to believe it. The conversation got heated and Ritika gave up, "Okay I'm done talking... I should have let Ishita handle your ass. You people don't know hospitality."

She gestured for us to leave and commented, "Please I don't know who you all are but please leave this place or I would call the police." She touched my arms to push me out I looked at her hand then at her coldly she hesitantly removed her hands. I unlocked my arms, "You want to call Armaan normally or want to cry out his name. It's your choice..." she sighed. "I don't believe Armaan would ever marry some psychopath killer's daughter... like you." It was mean and bitter truth I cackled, "Nice observation... what's your name?" "Mayra..." I hummed in response, "Go call Armaan..." she knits her brows. "If I don't..." I pushed her inside.

She screamed falling back on the floor losing her balance in her heels and crying out in pain. I walked inside and Ritika closed the door behind us. Mayra hissed in pain standing up and walking towards the couch center table to get her phone. I followed her behind and gripped her phone in my right hand before she can make any call. She tried to push me away harshly and spoke in between "Stay away from me psych..." it built the anger inside me picking up the small flower vase I slammed in on her head. She cried in pain and screamed Armaan's name and called out to Yash for help. My brows knitted when Yash rushed downstairs, "Oh God..." he picked up Mayra.

I hid the broken flower vase behind my back and passed it to Ritika she yelped seeing in and throws it behind the couch, "Why do you get me in trouble all the time?". I cleared my throat, "Yash what are you doing here?" he picked up Mayra in his arms. "Ishita..." I heard my name and looked up. Armaan walked downstairs glaring at me in anger, "What did you do?" I shrugged my shoulders, "I didn't do anything she fall on the ground and in the process broke the flower vase." He huffs in anger and turned his face away, "Yash... take Mayra to the nearest hospital she's bleeding too much." He nodded his head and rushed outside taking Mayra with him.

I stepped back nudging Ritika and mouthed a 'help me' she left a long sigh and nodded. Ritika cleared her throat and confessed, "Armaan Sir... I'm sorry it was my fault we were trying to convince her but she wasn't believing us. In anger I hit her by the flower vase I'm really sorry and..." he gestured her to stop and glared at me. Narrowing his eyes at Ritika he expressed, "I saw from upstairs when Ishita gripped Mayra's phone and with the other hand, she hit her by the flower vase. Not only me but Yash also saw that... they came here to help me but you guys can't stop doing reckless things. How long are you going to save Ishita from her mistakes, Ritika? Don't you think she should learn to control her anger?"

I lowered my gaze staring at the floor he in between his monologue glimpsed at me from time to time. I looked up at him and busted, "Why would you say that? I just wanted to meet you after you ran away from the room like cowards." Armaan crossed his arms glaring at me intimidatingly and gestured for Ritika to leave. She glimpses at me for permission and I nodded, Armaan and I stared at each other with mixed emotions. "I'm not a coward for your safety purposes you can see I can't even afford a guard at the door or any security around me. People out there can get me killed since I have been in the political business, I'm not in everyone's good books. You're related to me and they can try to harm you as well is it that hard for you to understand."

I looked away from him crossing my arms, he added "Ishita... sometimes believe in my actions maybe it's for your good. I don't want you to get hurt because of me and whatever you did right now is not good. How can you be so aggressive towards someone? You barely know her, she's Yash's girlfriend and came here with him. She cooked food for us and we had lunch together what's wrong in this that provoked you to slam a flower vase on her head." He firmly gripped my arms and made me look at him cupping my jaw, "What happened to the girl I admired? You were never this cold, vicious, insensitive, remorseless like..." I completed his sentence, "Like my father..." he sighed, "Yes... you were not like him but now your actions make me doubt was it a veil that you had on your true self?" I wouldn't lie it broke my heart into million pieces.

My world collided when he compared me with my father who I hate more than anyone. Armaan made me realize it's about him. I have a fault in myself and I'm too much like my father cold, insensitive, heartless, and everything Armaan just called me. It hurts but it's all true my eyes felt burning to accept the fact that I'm like my father. I removed his grip from my arms and looked in his eyes, "Yeah... you're right I'm not that person you thought I was. But if you can't love me the way I am... no need to love me at all..." picking my bag from the couch I walked out from the main door.

"Ishita..." I heard him calling my name but I didn't feel like going there and telling him whatever I thought on the way that I would tell him. Ritika was standing with the support of the car; I snapped my fingers "Get in..." she hopped in the passenger seat and I chose to drive because she drove all the way here, I couldn't ask her to drive back miles. Ritika stared at me blankly and we drove away from the place. She asked on the way, "Did you tell him or fought with him?" I glimpsed at her then turned my eyes back on the road.

Even she knows how much I like him but that moron doesn't. With a long sigh, I replied, "He told me that I'm too much like my father and not like the person he thought I was. So, so there was no point of staying there confessing to him how I feel about him." she stared at me in shock, "What he thinks you're like your father? Was he drunk or high? You aren't like him at all..." I stopped her from talking, "No need to make me feel better he said how long you will be covering my mistakes? I can't change myself all these years I have been trying to be a better person far different from my father but today I got my report card and I failed miserably" she shook her head in disbelief.

A message popped on her phone, "That's surprising..." she looks up at me and explained. "Raj Kund in board meeting told the executive that you're going to be the successor no matter what the company has to face. That's kind of strange because it was the best time to introduce Vikram in the industry." I started driving silently and took a sharp turn from the highway changing the lane, Ritika knits her brows "Where are we going?" I replied, "Home... my home... Mehra Mansion..." she glanced at me making scenarios in her mind. 

Today's task: 30 votes + 25 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 13K 45
Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had quite different personalities and outlo...
1.8M 115K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
4M 191K 73
" HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HURT MY SON??" he shouted at her, his eyes bloodshot. "DON'T SHOW ME THAT FAKE TEARS OF YOURS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST MASKING YOU...
1M 48.5K 38
Ishita Gupta is a Delhi based college going girl who is very shy and timid in nature. She is very much loved by her family and her best friend whom s...