𝘱𝘦𝘒𝘀𝘦 ; 𝒹.𝒽

By -neonmoons

"𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘢𝘡 π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘰𝘢𝘭π˜₯ π™™π™žπ™š 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺... More

- peace
- introductions + playlist
- prologue: lavinia
- ACT ONE
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
- ACT TWO
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty

fifty-three

16 1 9
By -neonmoons

The moment the six apparated to Hogsmeade, sirens went off and Death Eaters yelled that they were here. 

They ran to take cover, "Some plan this is," Augustus whispered.

"Potter! Black!" A Death Eater yelled. 

The two ran up a narrow set of stairs and down an alleyway, stopping when they were met with a gate.

"In here, Black!" A voice whisper, "Potter!"

They turned to the voice, and ran into the home without a word. Aurora stopped to get a glimpse at the man. He strongly resembled Dumbledore. He gave her a soft smile, "In you go."

She walked down the stairs to the rest of the group, finding Hermione looking into a broken mirror. She saw Harry's face in it. 

She looked at Harry from across the room, finding him looking into a piece of glass. She walked over to him, and he silently gave it to her. 

"Two way mirror," she commented, looking into it. 

"Padfoot gave it to me as a present, I forgot I had it. I tried to contact him after he died, thought it might work... it didn't, obviously. I smashed it and a shard fell into my bag," Harry explained.  Aurora sighed lightly as she looked into it. Harry narrowed his gaze, "what's wrong?"

She shook her head, "nothing, it's just... I don't know, sometimes it feels like you two were closer than him and I ever were."

"That's not true."

"It is," she said with a sigh, "I'm not angry at you because of it, it just reminds me of what I so desperately wanted but could never have."

Aurora turned her gaze to the mirror hanging on the wall, it had a missing piece. She walked to the mirror, and the shard was a perfect fit. 

"You bloody fools. What were you thinking coming here? Have you any idea how dangerous it is?" the man who let them in questioned.

Aurora looked at him, taking the tiniest peak inside his mind. He glared at her in that moment, "You're Aberforth. Dumbledore's brother."

"It's you who I've been seeing in here. It's you who sent Dobby," Harry said as Aurora held up the shard. 

Aberforth eyed it before glancing out of a window, "Where've you left him?"

"He's dead," Aurora quietly said. 

"Sorry to hear it. I liked that elf," Aberforth replied as Aurora looked down sadly. She looked back up at him, "How did you get this?"

"Mundungus Fletcher, 'bout a year ago."

"He had no right selling you that. It belonged to–" 

"Sirius. Albus told me. He also told me that you'd likely be hacked off if you ever found out I had it. But ask yourself where you'd be if I didn't." Aberforth said. Harry gave no answer and he continued, "Right then. Reckon you're hungry. Let's get you all fed, then think of the best way to get you out of here."

Aurora looked down at the shard and held it out to Harry. He looked down at it and shook his head, "Keep it. It's yours."

She retreated her hand as Aberforth looked to Augustus, "I thought you were dead."

"Don't worry, I will be soon," Augustus answered. Aberforth paused and everyone looked at him blankly. Augustus shrugged, "just trying to lighten the mood a bit..."

Aberforth looked at Celestina, "I've heard of you."

"What? That I'm my grandfather's worst nightmare?"

"Something like that."

Everyone sat down at a table in the kitchen. Everyone but Aurora was scarfing down food. Aberforth set a glass of mead in front of her carefully, giving her a soft nod. She picked up the glass and took a sip, sitting back in her chair.

"Do you hear much from the others? From the Order?" Hermione asked. 

"The Order is finished. You-KnowWho's won. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves."

The six exchanged glances and Harry picked at the food. 

"It's not finished," Aurora said, "Voldemort hasn't won just yet."

Aberforth huffed, "what makes you think that?"

She reached into her coat pocket and pulled out the Scythe and Basilisk dagger. 

"Celestina and I are human sacrifices," Augustus said lightheartedly. 

"Don't talk like that," Aurora snapped.

He looked to his best friend, "like what?"

"Like it's a bloody joke, Augustus. It's not."

Augustus sighed, "just trying to keep spirits high, Aurora."

"No use in that, Augustus. Stop laughing about the fact that I'll probably have to kill you with my bare hands," Aurora said as she fought back tears.

Celestina looked at her sadly, "we understand–"

"I fucking know that," Aurora said to her, "the fact that he's treating it like some joke makes me feel sick."

"I'm sorry," Augustus quietly said. 

Aurora avoided his gaze, staring down at the Horcrux and dagger. Silence overtook the home for a few moments before Harry spoke up, "we need to get into Hogwarts. Dumbledore gave us a job to do."

"Did he now? Nice job? Easy? Black, how'd you get that Horcrux?" Aberforth asked, "did those scars on your wrist and that black in your chest cost you to get it?"

She gave no answer and Harry carried on, "we've been hunting Horcruxes. We think the last one's in the  school. But we'll need your help getting in. If we can find it and kill it, then we kill him, and then we can end this war once and for all. We need to get into Hogwarts tonight."

Aberforth stayed silent for over a minute, contemplating what Harry had said. 

"It's not a job my brother's given you, it's a suicide mission. Do yourself a favor boy. Go home. Live a little longer. And you, Black, give yourself a rest. Whatever you've seen... it will haunt you for the rest of your days. Take a step back before you do more damage to yourself than you already have because right now you look like you're about one of Augustus' jokes away from killing yourself."

Her eyes flickered up to him, "I think it would shock you at how much damage I've had and how sane I've stayed."

"You're not sane, Black. No one in your family is."

She looked away from him and downed the rest of her mead. 

"Dumbledore trusted Aurora and I, to see this through," Harry said. 

Aberforth turned to Harry, "What makes you think you can trust him! What makes you think you can believe anything my brother told you! In all the time you knew him, did he ever mention my name? Did he ever mention hers?"

He gestured to the painting of a girl hung on the wall. 

"Why should he..."

"Keep secrets? You tell me."

"I only care about the Dumbledore I knew. I trusted him," Harry said. 

Aurora looked at him, "Why?"

"I had no reason not to– Aurora, did you not trust him?"

"Not blindly. Not like you."

Aberforth nodded, "Ah, seems as if Black still has half a mind to think clearly."

"I'm always thinking clearly, thank you."

"You're drunk," Harry said to Aberforth.

"You don't strike me as a fool, Mr. Potter. Miss. Black, well, you certainly don't strike me as a fool. So I'll ask you again, Potter. There must be a reason. Why do you trust anything my brother ever said to you? Why?"

Harry sat mute, his emotions at war with themselves. He eventually said steadily, "Because I need to. Because if I don't, I don't know who I am anymore. I've lost too many people to lie down now. I'm not interested in what happened between you and your brother, I don't even care that you've given up. I trust the man I knew. I'm going to see this through."

Aberforth looked to Aurora, "And you? You don't seem to have much hope."

"I do. I just don't have blind hope," she quietly said. 

"You've seen quite a lot for a young girl, too much. I know that look you have in your eyes, I see it in myself everyday."

"And what look is that?"

"The overwhelming feeling of loneliness."

She blinked away a few tears, "I'm not alone."

"You've lost a lot..." Aberforth trailed off as he glanced to Augustus and Celestina, "and you're seemingly hyperaware that you're about to lose more."

She looked into her empty cup, "have you got any more of this?"

"Eat," Hermione said. 

"I'm not hungry."

"That's not up for discussion," Hermione quipped back, pushing a plate in front of Aurora. 

Harry spoke up, "we lost a close friend. Zoya. She was our best friend, she got us through this hunt for the Horcruxes and so much more. We can't stop now. We can't give up hope. Her death cannot be for nothing. I need to get into the castle. Tonight."

After several seconds of silence and Aurora taking a timid bite of food, Aberforth looked to the painting of the girl, "You know what to do..."

The girl smiled, turning and walking away. 

"Where've you sent her?" Celestina asked. 

"You'll see soon enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 15.2K 33
❝ L O V I N G Y O U I S T H E W I L D E S T A D V E N T U R E I ' V E E V E R B E E N O N ❞
293K 16.3K 78
"𝚈𝚘𝚞'πš›πšŽ πš–πš’ πš‘πš˜πš–πšŽ. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 πšŠπš•πš πšŠπš’πšœ πš‘πšŠπšŸπšŽ πš‹πšŽπšŽπš—."
1M 45.8K 94
"π™·πšŽ πš˜πš—πš•πš’ πšπš’πš πš’πš πš πš‘πšŽπš— πš‘πšŽ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πšπš›πšžπš—πš”." "πšƒπš‘πšŠπš'𝚜 πš—πš˜πš πšŠπš— 𝚎𝚑𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚎." "...πš‹πšžπš πš‘πšŽ'𝚍 πš—πšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πš‘πšžπš›πš πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚐...