Heathen (Severus Snape x Read...

By vestiali

Can anyone say enemies to lovers?? In this story, YOU are the main character. You have a large number of frie... More

1 - Arrival
2 - The Book
3 - Bracelet
4 - Thoughts
5 - Fire Rules
6 - Unhealthy
7 - Avoidance
8 - Long Talks
9 - Slytherin Party
10 - Punishments and Theories
11 - Soulmates?
13 - Caring for the Professor
14 - Sudden Opportunities
15 - It Can't be True
16 - Heathen
16 - Quidditch Results
18 - Confessions
19 - Trusting Minerva
20 - Unwell
21 - Observation
22 - Thoughts (again)
23 - How Dare You?
24 - Divination
25 - Replay
26 - Bad Intentions
27 - Softly Dreaming
28 - Getting Closer
29 - Prank
30 - Trials
31 - Confirmed.
32 - Trashed (No, not drunk)
33 - Fluff
34 - Realization
35 - Haunted by the Past
36 - Promise?
37 - Mentions of a ball?
38 - Dinner Party
39 - Albus, no!
Pls vote for ending
40 - Yule Ball
41 - Last but not Least

12 - Nightmare

1.2K 58 15
By vestiali

I was still resting quietly on his chest. All I could see currently was his cape, our bracelets and some type of cushioned chair. I didn't dare move as I was quite comfortable, and I knew he would make me get off of him. I felt calm sitting here. He gave me a sense of relaxation.

I wasn't sure what time it was, but it felt as though it had been hours since the legilimens spell was casted onto me. His hand had still been making small circles on my back as I smiled softly. He was extremely kind when he wasn't busy being an absolute menace of a man.

"Miss Conway?"

I didn't reply. Instead, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I didn't want to move. He was so comforting and I was quite tired, honestly.

"Y/N." I felt my heart flutter as he had said my name for the first time, he came off his tongue so smoothly. I blushed and hoped he hadn't seen it.

I heard him sigh as he quietly picked me up bridal style and carried me somewhere. I wasn't sure where until I felt a bed dip as he laid me down on it. He covered me with what felt like a blanket and turned off a light. I felt his footsteps come back over beside me and felt him staring. I tried incredibly hard to not blush, but failed, hearing him sigh softly.

I opened my eyes just to peek and saw him catch my gaze. "Miss Conway?" I pouted as I realized he now knew I wasn't sleeping. I kept my eyes half closed, hoping he wouldn't force me back to my dorm room. "Don't worry. I'm not going to make you get up...I just want to talk."

I opened my eyes slightly wider as he sat down on the edge of the bed, right in front of my stomach. He was close, almost too close. I pushed off the thought as he looked at the floor in silence. It wasn't an awkward quiet, but I could tell he felt bad about what had happened. "Are you alright?" He looked over at me with concern written all over his facial features.

I couldn't bring myself to speak, so I nodded slowly. He waited another moment before he spoke again, "You're welcome to stay in my chambers tonight. I just hope you do not get the thought that this will be a reoccurring thing." I smiled softly, realizing he was slowly turning back into the grumpy old man I knew him to always be.

"Thank you." I managed to mumble out a few words as my eyes started to softly close. Right before he went to stand up, I reached out and grabbed his hand, he jumped in surprise but sat there anyways, waiting to hear what I needed to say.

"Please, stay."

He looked at me for a moment before furrowing his eyebrows sadly. "That would be inappropriate of me, but I will sit here with you until you are able to fall asleep." I smiled sweetly.

I felt him stand up as he made his way to the other side of the bed. Before he completely sat down, he walked over to what appeared to be a wardrobe. I noticed him grab something before he walked over to another door. "One moment."

Minutes later, the bed dipped as he sat down next to me. I looked over realizing he was now in his nighttime clothing. He had on a black shirt with distressed strips of black wool on it, he also had on black and white plaid pajama pants. He looked adorable. I blushed and smiled as he turned over on his side to place his bracelet on the nightstand beside him.

"Are you staying?" I was incredibly tired, so these words came out as more of a squeak than anything else. "Only until you feel comfortable enough to rest." I nodded and got more comfortable in his bed. Looking around, I noticed his bed was all black, even the headboard. I liked it, it seemed quite fancy to me, and fit his personality. His entire chamber fit his personality. Everything was either a shade of black, white or grey. It was all very dark academia style. He had tall bookshelves filled with books of all sizes.

As I looked around, I felt myself drift further off to sleep. Before I could completely fall asleep, I covered myself with his blankets and laid on his chest. I felt him immediately stiffen but eventually he rested his right arm over my back. He began rubbing small circles again and I knew it would put me to sleep almost instantly. He knew exactly how to make me feel better. I smiled as I felt myself falling into a deep rest.

"You can't take her! I refuse to let you. Are you INSANE! She is my daughter!" My mom screamed at me through the wall phone. "Y/N Conway if you do not bring back your little sister right this minute you WILL answer to the police. This is KIDNAPPING."

I was screaming back at her at this point. "You did this to yourself! You let this absolute idiot of a man into our house and let him torture us every second while you stood around and did NOTHING." My words seethed through the phone at her. I was incredibly mad.

I heard a giant pounding on my apartment door and quickly dropped the phone. "Amelia", I whispered loud enough for her to hear me and she came running into the kitchen. "I need you to hide in your bedroom. Lock the door and windows and do not answer to anybody but me. Understood?" She nodded softly and ran upstairs to her room. I shook nervously as I looked through the peephole in the door. It was my mother's boyfriend.

I noticed he had found the spare key to the door, and was beginning to unlock it forcefully. My eyes widened as I began to back away from the door. "No..." I whispered, already feeling tears falling down my cheeks. "Y/N! Open this damn door! You have 3 seconds before I force it open myself."

I nearly lost my voice yelling back at him, tears streaming down my face. "NO! You don't deserve her. GO AWAY!"

I felt someone lightly shaking me and jumped awake. Immediately backing as far away from them as I could. My eyes were wide as I felt wet tears on my cheeks. I was having a nightmare. I quickly looked around trying to process things but couldn't think fast enough. "Don't hurt me, please. I just wanted to save her." I felt my voice falter as I stared at the shadow figure on the other side of the bed. I couldn't make out who it was. I automatically pictured it being my mother's boyfriend and tried backing up further.

"Miss Conway, calm down. It's just me, Professor Snape. You're completely safe, okay?"

I didn't believe him. As much as I wanted to, I was too afraid. I had been through too much to automatically trust anybody, especially when I woke up in a strange place next to a strange man.

I felt a hand slowly reach out to me and just stared at it. Wait, it looks familiar. It was pale, soft to the touch and muscular. "Y/N?" I looked up at the shadow, realizing it was now starting to shape into a person. "I won't hurt you. You're safe here, I promise." I took a deep breath and noticed the shadow had now made itself known as Snape. I quickly released my breath and hesitantly leaned back to a safe spot on the bed.

I felt him reach his arms out toward me as I leaned into them. "Are you okay? It was just a nightmare. Nobody can hurt you here." I slowly nodded and hugged him tightly. Some part of me couldn't understand why he was being so kind to me. Maybe it was an obligation of his, but certainly he didn't need to keep me in his chambers. He could've easily just sent me back to my dorm, or walked me to the hospital wing if it got that bad.

"Nobody will ever hurt you here at Hogwarts. Not while I'm here." I blushed softly as I listened to him try to console me over and over again. This man was everything I looked for in a partner. I really believe he was my soulmate at this point. It only persuaded me more as I looked at his now pink and green bracelet that was sitting on his nightstand.

It had to be true. Professor Snape is my soulmate.

"Please stay with me tonight." I heard him sigh so softly that it was almost a whisper. "Okay, I'll stay. But it has to be our secret, understood?" I nodded and smiled to myself. He was everything and more.

I moved to lay down and felt him do so not too long after. It was rather cold in his chambers, so I was shivering even under the two blankets he had accompanying his large bed. I knew he wouldn't be the one to initiate anything, as he had to remain professional, but I had no obligation. I slowly inched closer to him and felt him turn his head toward me, but he didn't say anything. Almost as if he didn't mind. I carefully laid my head on his chest and felt his heart speed up. I smiled and rested my right hand on his chest as well, so I was facing him as he was staring at the ceiling.

"Goodnight, Miss Conway."

I hummed softly, "You can call me Y/N."

I felt him pause, but he spoke anyways. "Goodnight, Y/N."

I smiled and replied to him, "Goodnight, Snape."

He cleared his throat as quietly as possible, and shocked me with his next words. "Call me Severus, outside of class." I blushed gently and hummed against his chest. I felt him tense up before he gently placed his arm onto my back as he had done earlier. I'm finally getting somewhere.

I felt myself drift off to sleep, hoping this would be the last time I woke up tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 711 50
Severus Snape: Most students hate him. He is not liked by lots of people. People refer to him as a bully. People describe him as mean, cruel, ugly, c...
1.6K 65 17
Book 1: COMPLETE *Based On Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets* *** Liliana Snape is about to start her first year at Hogwarts. A lot can happen...
102K 974 36
This book will be filled with oneshots (more like smutshots tbh) for different Harry Potter characters. These are all little mini stories that I've c...
100K 1.8K 54
☆ first story in the sequel ☆ ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...