Heathen (Severus Snape x Read...

By vestiali

Can anyone say enemies to lovers?? In this story, YOU are the main character. You have a large number of frie... More

1 - Arrival
3 - Bracelet
4 - Thoughts
5 - Fire Rules
6 - Unhealthy
7 - Avoidance
8 - Long Talks
9 - Slytherin Party
10 - Punishments and Theories
11 - Soulmates?
12 - Nightmare
13 - Caring for the Professor
14 - Sudden Opportunities
15 - It Can't be True
16 - Heathen
16 - Quidditch Results
18 - Confessions
19 - Trusting Minerva
20 - Unwell
21 - Observation
22 - Thoughts (again)
23 - How Dare You?
24 - Divination
25 - Replay
26 - Bad Intentions
27 - Softly Dreaming
28 - Getting Closer
29 - Prank
30 - Trials
31 - Confirmed.
32 - Trashed (No, not drunk)
33 - Fluff
34 - Realization
35 - Haunted by the Past
36 - Promise?
37 - Mentions of a ball?
38 - Dinner Party
39 - Albus, no!
Pls vote for ending
40 - Yule Ball
41 - Last but not Least

2 - The Book

1.8K 58 18
By vestiali

I made my way through the halls, approaching the headmaster's office entrance. I looked around me, making sure nobody was listening before I stated the password. I rolled my eyes, remembering how silly it was. "Dumbledore rules." The gargoyle slowly turned as I stepped onto the bottom stair. I allowed it to lift me up to the man's private office. Smiling, he greeted me kindly, "Ah, Miss Conway. What can I do for you?" I smiled back, realizing how cozy his office really was, I looked around quickly, noticed the large bookshelves filled with books, and the small staircase that led to his desk.

"I was wondering if I would be able to skip classes today? I would like to show my little sister around. She seems to be struggling a bit with getting herself calm." He raised an eyebrow, thinking for a moment. "Okay. However, I will need a professor to escort you."

I sighed, remembering what he said last year, "Y/N, due to your negligent party throwing this year, you have two choices. You are either to be escorted most places by a professor, or you are to be expelled." Of course, I took the first option.

I nodded, defeatedly. "Yes, Sir." He smiled back at me, "Excellent, let me call you a professor." I grinned, waiting for assistance. While he was on the phone, I turned to the towering bookshelf, looking over the spines of all of the books. Most of them looked pretty old, which was my favorite kind of literature. It always smelled amazing. "The professor is on his way." I turned back to Dumbledore, nodding. "Thank you." He smiled and I looked at the door, hearing somebody's footsteps.

I was shocked to see it was the new professor, Lupin. I wasn't sure he knew where to go any more than my sister did. "Um... Sir?" I turned to Dumbledore, who raised his eyebrow in response. "Yes?" I looked at the professor awkwardly. "Are you sure he knows his way around?" I turned back to the headmaster, who just grinned at me. "No, that is why you will be showing the both of them." I signed internally, great, just what I needed. I nodded and turned to leave. "Oh. Y/N, I need you to stop by the potions classroom and drop off this book for me. See to it that it reaches it's VERY important destination."

I raised an eyebrow. Confusing, but okay. I walked up to his desk, grabbing the book from his hand. "Do not read it, either." I nodded and turned to leave once more.

We reached the hallway, and I looked down either way. "We should get my sister first." Before hearing what the professor had to say, I walked quickly toward the Ravenclaw Common Room. I heard the quick footsteps behind mine, assuming he followed. Once I got there, I opened the door without knocking. "Shouldn't you knock first, Miss Conway?" I looked at the professor who had a look of confusion on his face. I smiled back at the man. "Well, normally yes, but I don't." He looked at me with shock but didn't say anything else. I knew I was beginning to like this one, he allowed me to say whatever I wanted.

"LUNA!" I yelled out, waiting for the blonde-haired girl to come to the door. I didn't knock, but I sure as hell wasn't going to just walk in, there could be naked people in there! I giggled to myself softly at my own joke. Luna then came to the door. "Hello, Y/N!" She stated happily, typical Luna. "Do you happen to know where Amelia is?" She nodded quickly, running off to find her.

Soon enough, they both skipped around the corner. The biggest smile on my sister's face. "Luna... what did you do to her? You haven't corrupted her with your happiness, have you?" I heard Lupin snicker, which earned a smile from me. "Why, of course not! I was just allowing her to unpack her things so we could be bunk mates." I have never seen these two so... giddy. Weird.

I decided to think nothing more of it and grabbed Amelia's robe. "Come, come. We must go on a tour." She nodded and followed me out to the hall. Luna shut the door behind her, and I turned toward the two people in front of me. "Classes start soon, so we must go slow." I giggled to myself. "Shouldn't we go fast if classes are starting soon?" I turned to Lupin, smiling. "Someone is excited to teach. However, no. I'd rather not join my classmates today. Besides, I'm sure somebody will cover you!" He rolled his eyes but nodded anyways.

"Do not forget to drop off the book first, Conway." Oh, right, the book, almost forgot. I started to walk at a normal pace in the direction of the potions room, hoping to get there before the first class began, as I hated running into people. I could hear the light pitter of feet stepping behind me, noting that they were both following me. I knocked on the professor's door, realizing it's probably best to not just walk in this time.

I waited a good 2 minutes, before awkwardly turning around to face the other two. "Perhaps he is busy. We can return later." They both agreed. "Anyways, this is the potions classroom, obviously." I then headed in the direction of the next classroom.

(Time skip... again. Just do not know what to put there.)

Once we had finally made our way around the school, the astronomy tower was the last place to go. However, I decided against showing them. I wanted at least one calm place to myself to voyage late at night. It was the one time I could walk the school without somebody else following suite.

"I suppose we should give the book, now." I made my way in the direction of the potions room, once again. Noting that classes were now over, so nobody should still be in there, other than the professor himself. I then thought to myself why this book was so important that I not read it. Maybe I could sneak off for a minute and check it out. "Excuse me one minute, I need to use the restroom." I began walking to the door but was stopped by the sound of Lupin's voice. "Alright, let me hold your stuff for you." I mentally slapped myself, not realizing this would happen. "Nonsense, I've got it."

He shook his head, disagreeing with me. "You do not want your stuff to get dirty, or worse, get the book wet." I sighed and gave in, realizing there was no way out. "Fine." I stomped my way into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I had nothing else to do, not like I had actually needed to go. I waited 5 minutes and then washed my hands, grabbed a paper towel and exited the bathroom, drying my hands after washing them. "Heavens. We thought you had gotten lost in there!" Amelia finally spoke up. "Well, surprise, I did not." I spoke up sarcastically, which revealed a sigh from the both of them.

Lupin handed me the book again, to which I smiled, grabbed and started to walk toward the potions room... again. Hoping I'd get there in one piece. I cautiously looked at the title of the book. Hm... it's just titled "Lost". How odd. "You weren't supposed to be reading it, you know." I scoffed at the older man, "He said not to read the BOOK, I only read the title." I grinned, knowing I had outsmarted the older lad. We had finally made it to the potions room, I knocked again, hoping to actually get a response this time.

We waited 3 minutes and got nothing. "Great heavens, is this man in hibernation?" I sighed, earning giggles from the other two visitors. "Fine, I will just return it to Dumbledore once I drop the both of you off." Lia nodded, but Lupin raised an eyebrow. "I am supposed to be accompanying you for every moment you are out of your common room today." I paused awkwardly; Amelia doesn't know. "Oh... um. I'm sure I can handle myself just fine."

I looked to Amelia, who had been staring at me with confusion laced onto her face. "Accompanying? What for?" Lupin looked at me, to which I stared at him, begging him not to say anything. "Dumbledore asked Professor Lupin to accompany me today, for the tour, of course." He nodded cautiously, knowing it was partly a lie, but decided to save me anyways. I would have to thank him for that later. "Come now, we will drop you off first, Lia." She nodded and smiled, walking ahead of me. I grinned, noticing she paid great attention to my tour. I'm proud of her.

Once we had dropped off Amelia, I somehow convinced Lupin that I would just be heading to the headmaster's office, and he would see me to my dorm. Which... was a lie. I had no intentions on giving this book back to Dumbledore. I would simply give it to Professor Snape in the morning. I was getting close to the Slytherin Common Room, when I happened to stumble over something. I dropped the book and sighed loudly. I picked the book up and finally turned my attention to what I had tripped over. It was a shoe. Shit.

I looked up slowly, dreading the human on the other end. Most of the professors know that I am not to be out on my own. "Miss Conway. I see you are once again, without a babysitter." I stared into the eyes of the mean old man, the one that everybody was afraid of. "Professor Snape. I was just on my way to my dorm. Apologies." He raised an eyebrow, not budging the grimace that was set upon his face. Man, he sure needs friends.

"Excuse me?" My heartbeat picked up. Did I say that out loud? Oh, heavens me. Not now. "Sorry, Sir." His eyebrow had now dropped back to its normal position, yet he very clearly was still not the happiest to see me in the corridor, alone. "You are not to be without a professor for the remainder of the school year." I nodded quickly, averting my eyes from his gaze. I may be Slytherin, but I am NOT as intimidating as this man is. He's got a bad reputation. "Yes, Sir." He stared at me motionless, to which I just looked at him awkwardly. "Get going, Conway. You must get to your dormitory before the lights go out." I was shocked to hear him letting me go, but just assumed it was due to him being tired and not caring what I did as long as it wasn't on him.

"Yes, sorry Sir." I nodded quickly and walked around him, on my way to the Common Room. Once I had made it there, I headed to my dormitory, sat the book down safely in my nightstand drawer, and laid on the bed. What a day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 4.3K 61
Y/N Reynolds is an American professor, formerly the potions mistress at Ilvermorny, who has relocated to Great Britain for reasons yet to be revealed...
103K 979 36
This book will be filled with oneshots (more like smutshots tbh) for different Harry Potter characters. These are all little mini stories that I've c...
22.9K 716 50
Severus Snape: Most students hate him. He is not liked by lots of people. People refer to him as a bully. People describe him as mean, cruel, ugly, c...
97.1K 3K 50
"If you know too much...you will become too difficult to control" Alessia Nott discovers her newfound abilities, which are destined to save the Wizar...