π”Ύπ• π•π••π•–π•Ÿ 𝔽𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 ||...

By dragonshardtales101

Most group of friends have trios, like two boys and one girl. So what if Wukong and Macaque had another frien... More

Goddess Guanyin's Mercy
Unsealed
The Sounds of Laughter
A visit to the Library
A time for tea at the noodle Shop
A New Shop in Town Never Hurt Anybody.
How the Daughter met the Monkeys
A Scholar's dream
Juicy Gossip
Introducing, The Demon Fox King
The Jaded-Face Princess
Princess Iron Fan's Arrival
Justice served with satisfaction
The Child of Entertainment
A Child who needed Love
A Monkey's fear
Silk-Ridge
A Way In the City
The Ritual For the Throne
Jinhua vs. Hundred-Eyed Demon Lord
The Rise of a New Queen
Departure
The Mastermind
Ren's Contract
The Unexpected Calvary
The Power of a God
The Great War
A Celebration is in Order
An Unsuspected Apprentice
The Twins of the Two-Faced Vixen
Still in Grieving
Epilogue | 1
A New Adventure Begins | 1
A New Adventure Begins | 2
A New Adventure Begins | 3
A New Adventure Begins | 4
A New Adventure Begins | 5
I've Seen Worse Weather
Distant Memory
A Small Heart to Heart
Meeting an Old Friend
A Little Chat
The Start of the Tragedy
I Don't Need Help
Dark Cryptic Key
The Fall of Shinokuta
An Awakening
The Battle of Conquest
Sealed Away
Rejuvenation
Another Side
Home at last Ren
A Little Mischeif Never Hurt Anyone
Mind Games
A Child's Jealousy
A Needed Distraction
Bull Family's Attack
Unknown Power Source
Epilogue | 2
A Spider's Rise | 1
Spider's Rise | 2
Spider's Rise | 3
Spider's Rise | 4
Spider's Rise | 5
Spider's Rise | 6
Home Shenanigans
How to Apologize
The Letter
Sworn Brothers
Meeting the Possessed Host
Explain It to Me
Bai'He's Desperate Cry
Preparing for the Worst
Shadow meets an Illusion
Mayor's Visit
A Cup of Tea
Interference
Advice for a Fallen Queen
Macaque's Lesson
The Pawn
Processing
Truth Unraveling
A Mother's Wrath
Epilogue | 3
Pocessed Ren Attacks!
The Dragon of the East
The Secondary Flame
Bai'he's Plan
MK & Mei vs. Ren
Original Golden Trio
The First Ring
Yù huā (Shining Blossom)
Biānpào (Firecracker)
Ren (Lotus) & Bai'he (Lily)
Lantern City
Price of Seperation
Simian Tag Team
The Samadhi Fire
The Second Betrayel
Fire Training
Doesn't Deserve This.
Poccessed Jinhua Hits Different
Impending Battle
Pure Chaos
Full On Catch These Hands
Destiny Can Go Fuck Itself-!
I Need A Hero
One And Only
Dream Family
The Rising Sun
Epilogue | 4
🍡HeadCanons after S3🍡

A Fragile Truce

1.8K 117 19
By dragonshardtales101

Dodging a jab to her side, Jinhua twisted her waist in a fluid moment and connected her blade just as swiftly as she slid her wooden sword down to her opponent's hand.

Mei stumbled back in surprise at the sudden counter attack and caught her bearings as she jumped back to gain distance.

"Remember, Mei. Keep her legs squared and your dominant foot in front." Jinhua called out and showed her the position more comfortably, "Once you get your stance down, it'll be hard for your opponents to break it and trip you up because of your loose center balance."

"Oh! Okay!" Mei did as told but her feet were placed wobbly as she tried to stay relaxed, "Bring it, Master!" She called out with a determined look.

"Remember to keep your grip loose so you can block an attack or counter when ready!" Jinhua stated just as she sprinted forward and strike downward at the girl's back leg.

Mei with her quick reflexes caught the attack with her blade and slid her wooden sword up to Jinhua handle to try and make her discard her weapon.

But Mei was surprised to see Jinhua high kick the wooden sword into the sky on just reflex.

Mei stood there with no weapon in hand as Jinhua pointed her blade down at Mei and bopped her on the head with the face of the wooden sword.

"Now what did you learn today and and what do you need to practice on?" Jinhua caught the wooden sword in her free hand that went flying a minute ago.

Mei sighed and stood up with the help of Jinhua as she grabbed the handle of the wooden sword.

"I need to work on my core balance and footwork... But I also learned that quick reflexes mean nothing if you aren't prepared to counter them just as fast." Mei stated, putting down a finger at each statement.

Jinhua smiled proudly and ruffled her hair softly with a soft chuckle, "It would also be helpful if you worked on your endurance.. I noticed that you were slowing down midway in the matches." She stated with a finger on her chin.

"Endurance, Balance, Reflexes... Uh.. Am I forgetting anything..?" Mei tilted her head in thought.

"We could try your flexibility after we finish those core exercises."

"Flexibility?"

Jinhua nodded as she demonstrated a swing of her wooden blade and continued to twist her body and somersault into a front split like she was dodging an attack at an impossible angle.

"Wow..." Mei gasped in awe, leaning on her resting wooden sword to observe.

"The sword dance isn't just about making your attacks look beautiful. It's a technique that allows one to have an immense stronghold in defense when defending against an attack. It might look beautiful to an outsider's view but it'll get annoying real fast for your enemies."

Mei nodded slowly as she watched with sparkling eyes. It was almost like a dancer had taken the stage and stole the whole spotlight when fighting the main character. Her movements too alluring to look away and too entrancing to stop watching. Mei then remembered the grand war that flashed through her mind as she noticed how Jinhua brought down the soldiers and Huli Jing's that were in her path of rage.

'A Goddess of War dancing on the battlefield like a stage of her own to compete for the spotlight....'

"Mei..?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, Mei noticed how close the demoness was to her face and backed away with flushed cheeks of embarrassment, "S-Sorry bout that, Master! I was just too entranced by your performance— I mean! Your demonstration!"

'Your performance was too enticing to look away, my Jewel...'

Jinhua chuckled silently at the flushed expression of her student, "It's fine. It's fine. I've been told the exact same thing by someone else."

"Someone else? Were you close to this person...?" Mei stepped closer as she noticed her teacher's dazed look.

Jinhua unconsciously rubbed her fingers across the bells that hung from the red ribbon, "Yeah... You could almost say we were lovers for just a hot minute." She strained a smile.

Mei was about to speak up again at the sudden drop of news that crashed over her head, but she was cut off by Jinhua who sensed her curiosity a mile away.

"Now come, you best get washed up and go catch up to Qi. He's probably done with his deliveries by now." Jinhua grabbed the wooden sword from Mei's grasp and hurried her inside into the cool cabin that hid them from the overbearing heat that radiated from the tall sky scrapers from the city over yonder.

Mei hesitantly left the demoness alone to wash off the dirt and grim from her skin and clothes.

Jinhua turned her back and slowly closed her eyes to listen.

Swerving to the left, she threw her wooden sword off to the side directly at a branch a colorful bird was perching on.

The bird made a terrible squawk of a feeble attempt to catch itself but it ended up failing and falling flat on his face.

"Enough of your disguises, Sun Wukong." Jinhua opened her eyes to a flashing gold as she glared down at the slightly terrified bird.

Letting out a sigh, the bird swiftly spiraled in a bright bronze colored cloud and out stood the glorified Monkey King himself, "Jinhua.. I don't know how you've broken out of your prison but just know that it was an accident—." He was cut off in his sentence by Jinhua pointing her other wooden sword at his throat in an instant at the last word.

"An accident?? Ha!" She barked out an angry laugh, "Is that what you called it-! An accident-!?" She hissed with her Nekomata ears pinned back in utter annoyance.

"Please Jinhua... Let me explain myself-!"Wukong tried to redirect the wooden sword away but Jinhua whipped the wooden sword across his hand and rested it by her waist.

"Hold your breathe, Wukong! Im done and tired of trying to see reason with you... Because clearly that didn't work with you on that day when I had asked for an explanation." She turned her back on him as her two tails lashed out viciously, "And do you know what you did?"

Wukong looked down at his feet, trying to think of something to say.

"You did this to me!" She held her hands out and trailed her fingers down her face and blue markings, "You ran—!" Jinhua laughed humorless, "The irony in that of the Great and Courageous Monkey King Equal to Heaven-!!" She spat in venom, "He RAN when he couldn't find the heart to face reality of what he had done to his friend! And then! He proceeds to turn his back on his OTHER leaving them confused and heartbroken!"

Wukong whipped his head up to meet Jinhua's fiery gaze upon him as he took a gulp of air trying to steady his breathing.

"I'm done trying to listen to you and your weak ploys and tricks. It's time you faced the consequences of not listening to a friend's advice when you had the chance..." She began to stalk her way back up the porch and opened the door before stoping in her tracks.

"I'm only fighting back the urge to tear you limb from limb this very second because I have found something far more precious than an old grudge..." She glanced over her shoulder to meet Wukong's puzzled yet grief stricken expression.

"Be glad the one your waiting for to be your apprentice is now bonded with me. He and along another are the only things holding me back."

With that she stalked into her house and slammed the door shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 441 9
You were the youngest in the Celestial Court along with your mentor the Celestial Maiden Princess Iron Fan learning combat and using your goddess pow...
2.9K 89 9
Y/n has been friends with MK since they were twelve and have been inseparable since. They think of each other as brother and sister! But, once he too...
5.2K 80 16
A teenager who just wants to have a nice summer break, ends up in a world they know very little about. How will they get through this? Who will they...
33.7K 1.1K 27
Sun Wukong, Great Sage Equal to Heaven, has only ever had one fear. Being alone. After years of dealing with that fear, he has obtained a successor. ...