Marriage Alliance

By rivervixenog

Ishita Mehra is a no-nonsense multimillionaire businesswoman running a billion-dollar empire laid down by her... More

✧.* Character Glossary ✧.*
»»---- Introduction----««
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Closing
New Book Announcement (Sinister Bride)

Chapter 17

8.6K 460 51
By rivervixenog

Third Person's POV:

The more she was pushing herself away from Armaan, the more she was claiming his heart. He glimpsed at her leaving the balcony and followed her inside the dining area. Armaan mumbled something in her mother's ears. She nodded and agreed to leave, Nayantara company them to the parking lot where her car was waiting as well. Armaan opens the car door for Nayantara and glimpsed at Ishita opening the car door for Anjana. Nayantara followed his son's gaze stopping at Ishita, she gives it a thought and walked towards Ishita.

"Ishita... If you don't mind, can I have a word with you?" Ishita nodded glimpsing at the confused Armaan. "I don't know what complications are between you too..." she pointed between Armaan and Ishita. He lowered his head and she went on, "...but I want you to sit and talk about it like mature people do because soon you two will be bonded with marriage. You are perfect in your way and I want you to be my daughter-in-law, I agree with this alliance but I value your conviction as well. If you don't want this then don't hop in it for so silly reasons. I hope you will take my words seriously and will give them a thought." Ishita listens to her attentively and then simply nods in response as she respects Nayantara as a woman with morals and values but she hates his son.

It was the board meeting, and Ishita a day before resigned from the position of CEO she had in pharma. Although she still had a substantial stake in the company, someone couldn't just fire her, but she was no longer solely responsible for making decisions. Armaan entered the meeting wearing a black suit with a vest defining his physique and black leather shoes, two assistants walked inside following him.

Female employs drooled over him but his eyes were fixed on Ishita lazily sitting on the chair reading some important file not even glimpsing at him once. People murmured about how romantically he proposed to Ishita for marriage and announced their relationship publicly. Whereas Ishita was working on her new project collaborated with an eco-friendly energy-generating plant working on the same project with her in a greenhouse plant and Polly houses.

Board members stood in respect to welcome Armaan but Ishita stayed in her place, the members shared their opinion and finally chose Armaan as their new CEO. Ishita sternly congratulated him and left inside her office to finish the file she was reviewing. Armaan felt awkward as she walked away from him, people sensed something fishy between the couple. He professionally handled the situation by engaging with the employees but most of them didn't give him much acknowledgment which was strange to him. But in reality, they admired Ishita as a female respectable boss in the business industry and most of the female employees used to get flexibility as per the company's terms officiated by Ishita herself but now as the CEO has been changed, they were doubtful about his opinions.

Armaan got agitated and walked inside Ishita's cabin which was the CEO's office, he opened the door and walked close to her desk she didn't look up at him. "I thought by this time you would have packed your stuff and left this office because technically this is my office now" he announced arrogantly. This was the real side of the arrogant Armaan Goel world knows, Ishita looks up at him, "We have other cabins you can shift there I won't mind...". Armaan peeped down at the file she was reading, "Oh greenhouse... soon I will be owning that as well" Ishita closed the file standing up from her desk as she had enough of his conceited attitude.

Armaan used to enjoy arguing with her but now she was a little broken and damaged by the fact that her father changed her potential cards in split seconds. The media was continuously asking her the reason which made Raj Kund sell his company to Goel Industries sort of abandoning his daughter. Other outlets were asking her about her love life with Armaan and their marriage. Before now, Ishita was always two steps ahead of others, but now she was slipping backward. Still, her willpower didn't fade and she believed that she could accomplish more.

"I don't care... and don't worry I will be leaving this building by the evening as my office in the publication house needed some renovation." Armaan's expression changed examining her serious face, "Hey... I didn't mean that... listen I was just infuriated by your cold attitude towards me. You made me feel awkward out there in front of the board members you could have behaved professionally but instead, you weren't even paying attention to it...". She organized the table gathering her things.

"I said I don't care... if someone else would have been chosen CEO I wouldn't have behaved like that because somewhere it would have been my fault for not being serious about my position but in this, my father changed the whole perspective of it so don't ask me to be professional." She reasoned herself and picked her files to leave. Armaan stood in her way holding her arm, "Don't leave Ishita... even if you aren't the CEO, you still have a respectful position in this company..." Ishita lifted her eyelids glancing at his pleading face then down at his grip, Armaan removes his hand from her arms.

She had no idea why he wanted to stop her after humiliating her himself. "It isn't about you Armaan, it's about me because you are a typical business tycoon searching for more opportunities but here it is my father who ruined my life once again. So, don't give me those pitiful looks I don't want it and yes this is your office and you're the new CEO so congratulations." She turned and left.

Armaan kicked the desk, "Fuck..." he cursed himself for being rude to her. Then he realized he doesn't care and he shouldn't care but his heart was betraying him. His phone flashed with Aadesh's call picking it up Armaan mentioned, "Well I have won and been chosen as the new CEO of Mehra Pharmaceuticals Private Limited" Aadesh congratulated him then added, "This company will in the future grow further and I would be promoting it so don't worry about its marketing. Well, Mom told me she's visiting Mehra Family today and might do the Roka Ceremony afterward." He chatted with him for a while.

Ishita met her employees and bid them goodbye walking down to the parking lot. She opened her car door but stopped on her track glimpsing at the building, and smirked "What do you think Armaan Goel I gave up so easily? ... tsk... tsk... What you're considering a victory is your first step toward failure and the first step of my plan towards winning..." she hopped inside starting her sports car and drove away from the building.

Nayantara visited Mehra Family and met Ajana and Raj Kund, Ishita wore a green Kurti with leggings walking down the hall in her heels. Nayantara pats the seat next to her gesturing her to it, Ishita obediently sits next to her and indulges in the conversation with them. Nayantara kept the conversation light mostly revolving around Anjana and Raj Kund's expectations from Goel Family because she was well aware of Ishita's interest.

Nayantara suggested, "If you don't have any problem then we will do the Roka Ceremony after two weeks then further events for the marriage. Armaan and Ishita can choose their wedding dates." She glimpsed at Ishita to know her opinion, "I don't think that would be convenient as I'm moving out of my office and also have a business meeting in Connaught Place, New Delhi." Ishita mentions carelessly. Nayantara got to know that Armaan takes over her office as CEO and Ishita wasn't happy about it, she just nodded and asked for her favorable date, and Ishita suggested "After three weeks...". Nayantara agreed with it, Anjana and Raj just nodded as they didn't like their daughter's cold behavior.

Later that night, knocking on the door Anjana walked inside Ishita's study room while she was reviewing the blueprint of the greenhouse plant. "Ishita this is not right..." Ishita raises her brows at her mother, "What" she asked and removed her eyeglasses. "Your behavior towards Nayantara. She's just trying to be nice and you just kept on misbehaving with her I observed you in the hotel as well. She wanted Armaan to spend time with you as you were sitting idle feeling bored. You should be grateful that you're getting such an understanding mother-in-law like her and such a caring husband like Armaan."

She huffs in response and exasperated, "Mom... please don't start this now... I never wanted to marry him in the first place but I'm trying to adjust to it so don't keep any expectations from me." Anjana got angry at this, "If you don't want to marry him then fine just don't treat his mother like that, she has done nothing wrong. Why are you misbehaving with her and treating her opinions like shit? What has she done wrong in all this?". Ishita observed her mother's changed behavior, "What has happened to you mom? You were never so fond of someone or are you that desperate for me to leave my career and get stable in life with that lunatic." Things got heated as Ishita wasn't mentally stable at the moment as she was facing all the problems in her life because of Armaan and she wasn't able to control her anger when her mother started favoring Goel Family.

Anjana took deep breaths to calm herself then explained, "From where did that come from..." Anger took over Ishita, "I don't know... but I know this very well that this is because of Armaan and Raj Kund's dirty business. So, if you want me to act grateful I can't because no one ever did a single thing for me. I don't want to handle this pain, suffering, and responsibility, anymore I'm done keeping it inside me for years. When my father abandoned me, my career stood with me and I focused on it but now when things were in my control, he turned his back on me and sold the company my grandfather laid down to that arrogant bastard."

"I never pressurized you to do anything against your will. I understand that you're facing major issues as Armaan has taken over but baby sometimes you need to accept your failure you can't always win so move on with it. It doesn't mean you will pull out your frustration on someone else think about it with a calm mind. Does Nayantara deserve this kind of behavior?"

Ishita didn't say anything for a long time then concluded, "I did it for them... they should be the ones grateful that I extended the dates so that they can have time to get my soon-to-be husband out of jail." Since Armaan wasn't in prison, how would they free him? Anjana scratched her head in confusion. 

                                                                     ◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 64.4K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...
143K 9.9K 56
Some people enter our life so unexpectedly at a time we never expect. They make a serious impact in our life but then they leave. But very few time...
183K 13K 45
Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had quite different personalities and outlo...
64K 2.8K 27
𝕽𝖆𝖏𝖛𝖊𝖊𝖗 × 𝕴𝖘𝖍𝖖𝖎 • • • 𝗥𝗮𝗷𝘃𝗲𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗮, a very big businessman and at the same...