π”Ύπ• π•π••π•–π•Ÿ 𝔽𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 ||...

By dragonshardtales101

Most group of friends have trios, like two boys and one girl. So what if Wukong and Macaque had another frien... More

Goddess Guanyin's Mercy
Unsealed
The Sounds of Laughter
A visit to the Library
A time for tea at the noodle Shop
A New Shop in Town Never Hurt Anybody.
How the Daughter met the Monkeys
A Scholar's dream
Juicy Gossip
Introducing, The Demon Fox King
The Jaded-Face Princess
Princess Iron Fan's Arrival
Justice served with satisfaction
The Child of Entertainment
A Monkey's fear
Silk-Ridge
A Way In the City
The Ritual For the Throne
Jinhua vs. Hundred-Eyed Demon Lord
The Rise of a New Queen
Departure
The Mastermind
Ren's Contract
The Unexpected Calvary
The Power of a God
The Great War
A Celebration is in Order
An Unsuspected Apprentice
A Fragile Truce
The Twins of the Two-Faced Vixen
Still in Grieving
Epilogue | 1
A New Adventure Begins | 1
A New Adventure Begins | 2
A New Adventure Begins | 3
A New Adventure Begins | 4
A New Adventure Begins | 5
I've Seen Worse Weather
Distant Memory
A Small Heart to Heart
Meeting an Old Friend
A Little Chat
The Start of the Tragedy
I Don't Need Help
Dark Cryptic Key
The Fall of Shinokuta
An Awakening
The Battle of Conquest
Sealed Away
Rejuvenation
Another Side
Home at last Ren
A Little Mischeif Never Hurt Anyone
Mind Games
A Child's Jealousy
A Needed Distraction
Bull Family's Attack
Unknown Power Source
Epilogue | 2
A Spider's Rise | 1
Spider's Rise | 2
Spider's Rise | 3
Spider's Rise | 4
Spider's Rise | 5
Spider's Rise | 6
Home Shenanigans
How to Apologize
The Letter
Sworn Brothers
Meeting the Possessed Host
Explain It to Me
Bai'He's Desperate Cry
Preparing for the Worst
Shadow meets an Illusion
Mayor's Visit
A Cup of Tea
Interference
Advice for a Fallen Queen
Macaque's Lesson
The Pawn
Processing
Truth Unraveling
A Mother's Wrath
Epilogue | 3
Pocessed Ren Attacks!
The Dragon of the East
The Secondary Flame
Bai'he's Plan
MK & Mei vs. Ren
Original Golden Trio
The First Ring
Yù huā (Shining Blossom)
Biānpào (Firecracker)
Ren (Lotus) & Bai'he (Lily)
Lantern City
Price of Seperation
Simian Tag Team
The Samadhi Fire
The Second Betrayel
Fire Training
Doesn't Deserve This.
Poccessed Jinhua Hits Different
Impending Battle
Pure Chaos
Full On Catch These Hands
Destiny Can Go Fuck Itself-!
I Need A Hero
One And Only
Dream Family
The Rising Sun
Epilogue | 4
🍡HeadCanons after S3🍡

A Child who needed Love

2.3K 129 15
By dragonshardtales101

At the utter name that came from the child's mouth, Jinhua's eyes sharpened and dilated into slits. Her hand was edging closer to the hilt of her blade before unsheathing her katana though, Ren started giggling as they bounced back and into the branch above them, "—Sike! You really shouldn't take that personally, you turned all scary for a second!" He mocked a sad performance of fear as he pulled his robe up to hide his face.

Jinhua narrowed her eyes and let out a slow exhale, "I'd advise you to not utter that name around my family or friends..."

Ren just cupped his mouth with both hands and started giggling childishly, "When you say it like that it makes me wanna do that exact thing even more."

A sudden drop of both her friend's weapons made her whip her head behind her to see them both kneeling on the ground holding their heads in anguish.

Jinhua turned to the nearest person, which was Macaque, and kneeled down beside him, placing her hand gently on his shoulder.

"Hello? Macaque-! Are you hurt somewhere??" She leaned her head down to try and read his expression but all she got was a look of pure agony and pain that washed over his face. His body curling into itself as he tried to ease the pain in his head.

Jinhua glanced over at Wukong to see that he was in no better state either, "What is your angle here, Ren...! What have you done to my companions..??"

"Relaaaxxxxx..! Psh-!" Ren waved the demoness dismissively, ignoring her rising anger, "Come play with me! I'm sure it'll be way more fun than those two monkeys." He blew a raspberry playfully towards the kneeling duo.

"Play...? Wait- Explain to me what your doing to them first!" Jinhua slowly stood back up as she made sure her katana was sheathed tightly, her lips forming a thin line as she stood in front of the two monkeys.

At that statement, Ren lit up with glee, "Really!? You'll play with me if I explain just that!" They appeared before the demoness again with the most happiest expression. They looked like they had just been given their first ever birthday present in a long time.

At that thought, Jinhua's lip quipped into a small frown, she then shook her head and cleared her mind as she looked down at the child that stood up to her waist as they looked up at her beaming with excitement.

"Yeah." She kneeled down to they're height and placed her hand gently on they're head, "I'll play for a bit. Just you and me." A smile slowly rose on her face as she softly gazed into their golden eyes.

Ren started leaping with joy as they rushed forward and wrapped they're arms around her neck in pure joy and giddiness. Their tail started wagging back and forth as they started laughing loudly, "Yay!! Someone finally wants to play with me!!"

Jinhua just chuckled lightly as she ruffled the child's head full of curls, "Yep. Now what do before we start playing?" She raised a finger with an expecting look as if asking him what the answer would be.

Ren leaned lazily over her lap with a bored expression, "Explain what I did to your companions then play."

"Good." She continued to comb her fingers through the child's hair as a little reward for answering correctly.

The little prankster didn't know how to feel at the moment expect to embrace the warmth that was given to them as they relaxed to the woman's touch. A goofy smile overtook they're face as they leaned into the touch with a longing look as they closed they're eyes.

"Well?"

They opened their eyes to look up and see the view of Jinhua smiling softly down at them. The softness and genuine kindness swirling through their cat like irises. Her golden locks slightly came undone so they saw some strands fall over her face like golden threads.

The sunlight that peaked through the branches landed on the gold threads and made them actually glow along her skin.

"It's nothing bad.. I just put them through a illusion in their mind and now their facing their greatest fears..."

"Greatest fears?" Jinhua tilted her head with her eyes slightly widening. Her gaze trailed over to Wukong as she watched Ren point at him snickering.

"His is kinda funny..!" Ren tried muffling his snickering but Jinhua could clearly see the amusing glint in his eyes.

"Am I in an illusion?" She stated with a thoughtful look.

Ren looked up at her in surprise, "Yeah...? How'd you know??" They leaned up and sat on her lap childishly.

Jinhua just started patting his head unconsciously as she let her eyes trail and scan her surroundings, "I'm sure normal trees don't smile back when you look at them..." And at that multiple trees started to shift away from the demoness as she pointed them out.

"So how long have I been in this illusion?" She smiled calmly back to the illusionist.

They blinked for a moment trying to understand how she can be so calm, "...Ever since you and that other monkey demon stepped foot in this forest..."

"I see..." She turned her gaze over to the still agonizing looking Monkeys, "I'm assuming that isn't real either...."

"Nope! On the outside, you guys are still being carried by the wind towards your destination. But instead your still under my protection in this forest so those nasty puppets won't touch you with me protecting you guys!" Ren explained happily as if they did something positive and expected to be given a reward for they're gracious deeds.

With a flick of they're spiked tail, the two monkeys disappeared into tiny bits of purple tinted sand piles. Leaving only Jinhua and Ren left in the forest clearing, surrounded by grinning trees and tall stalks of grass.

Jinhua awed for a minute and smiled down at the child once more, feeling a small warmth burn in her chest as she saw the kid start bouncing around happily at the attention she gave the them.

"I'm very grateful for that... Good job, Ren." She placed a hand over they're cheek calmly and rubbed her thumb over a strand tear that trailed down they're cheek unconsciously.

'Good Job, Ren...'

'Good Job, Ren...'

'Good Job, Ren-'

The sudden feeling of warmth interrupted the small demon child out of their speeding thoughts. Glancing up, they noticed Jinhua wrapping her arms around they're body soothingly.

"I-..." They spoke up realizing they're voice cracked and they couldn't stop their body from trembling at the soft motherly touches.

"Shhhhh... It's okay... We can stay like this for a moment if you'd like." Jinhua hummed out as she brought the child closer, placing them on her lap as she sat on the ground in the clearing. Ren just stiffened at the sudden closeness but eased just as quickly. They then wrapped they're own arms around the demoness' waist and melted into the hug for their own selfishness. They're tail curling around Jinhua's as she slowly shifted into her real demon form. Her tall cat like ears pinned back softly.

"Well?" She chuckled lightly as she felt the child's grip on her robes tighten.

"I'd like that very much..."

"Let's go see into their fears, Ma- Jinhua!" Ren cleared they're throat for the very obvious mess up.

Jinhua chuckled lightly but said nothing of it. Instead she let the child pull her by the hand towards the first of her companions mind as they both walked through portal of sorts.

Everywhere they looked, you would see everything made of red and gold, it looked almost like one of the halls of the great Jade Emperor's palace. But in this hall was lined with jungle like trees that had holes in the middle of each. In each hole showcased a memory of sorts.

One where he was first born out of stone and immediately became the brave adventurer he was.

Another where he was tricked by the heavens and given the lowest jobs and in a fit of anger, he released the palace's horses from their stables.

Jinhua noted that the most treasured memories he had would be in the trees that glowed almost too brightly for Jinhua to look at.

A particular one would be when he met the monk after being sealed under a mountain for 500 years.

Another is when he was partying with his group of companions all happy and yelling out cheers of victory.

'Well, I wouldn't really count it if they aren't the same type of demon race as you...'

Jinhua turned towards the whispering voice and saw another memory closer to the end of the hall. As she peered into the small hole, she recognized the scene as when they had rested that first night after leaving the great Heavens.

In every memory, it would be from Wukong's POV, so now Jinhua would notice a couple of moments that went unnoticed by her but weren't for Wukong himself.

Her eyes narrowed as she watched the memory viewing window slowly turned towards Macaque who sat beside him. His face brimming with a bright red flush. His six ears burning red as well that Jinhua had assumed it was the fire light at the time.

But it seemed to be something entirely different.

A small smile curved her lips up. Her eyes glinting in amusement as she took her time to look over the darker toned Monkey's face and expression when she had replied slyly.

Her eyes shifted to his tail that had curled into itself. It flinched at her answer but started swaying side to side as she saw Macaque laugh along the group and stare at herself from across the fire.

"How cute..." she chuckled to herself as she moved on to the far doors in the Monkey King's mind palace.

Ren was waiting by a door with an almost bored expression until they caught sight of the golden demoness making her way over.

At the sight of her, they're face lit up in joy when they're tail started swaying as she stood beside them.

Jinhua held her hand out towards the child with a small smirk laced on her lips, "Shall we go see what our great and powerful monkeys are so afraid of shall we?"

Ren started giggling and reached forward, holding her hand with a bright smile, "This is gonna be so much fun!"

Jinhua turned towards the door with a sigh, "Fun is probably not the word I would use for this..."

With that she opened the wooden door as it squealed open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 59 9
I don't even know man, spicynoodles, a lot of angst. Pls read I work hard
23.3K 829 25
Sun Wukong, Great Sage Equal to Heaven, has only ever had one fear. Being alone. After years of dealing with that fear, he has obtained a successor. ...
14.7K 365 9
You were the youngest in the Celestial Court along with your mentor the Celestial Maiden Princess Iron Fan learning combat and using your goddess pow...
7K 315 23
The day the war ended was the day Sun Wukong welcomed his new son into the world, and the day he put his Staff down for good. Nearly 18 years later...