Unbreakable Love

By bibliomxniac

Three years after getting her heart broken by the only man she'd loved, Gianna Ricci is well on her way to su... More

Author's Note
Aesthetics
Dedication
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter Thirty Six

787 23 7
By bibliomxniac

The defendant has been found guilty.

Those words echoed in my head as panic clawed through my throat. I stayed rooted to my seat, helplessly watching the prosecution exit the courtroom along with the judge and the jury. Only Ralph and Rupert stayed behind, a malicious glint in their eyes as reporters moved past them, waiting outside for the press conference that I had promised them.

"Gianna." There was a hand on my shoulder as I turned to face the owner of the voice. "Snap out of it. We cannot waste anymore time." Esme said brusquely as her words awakened the fighter in me.

Like fuck I was going to let Sergio down by not fighting for him - especially when he had spent so many months fighting for us.

"We have to file a plea. The judge said that they're only taking him into custody which means that he'll be under police custody for the next 48 hours - at least until the judge makes the verdict final." I rambled as I stood up, making my way towards the two men waiting for me. "You guys go back to the office. I'll meet you there once I'm done with these two."

I didn't wait for the answer, but the click of the door was enough to let me know that they had left as I stalked towards my rivals, like a woman on a mission.

"How may I help you, gentlemen?"

"Shame that your boyfriend's in jail, no?"

"He's only under temporary custody until further notice." I corrected Ralph as his face twisted into an ugly sneer.

"You think you're so mighty just because you're a lawyer." Rupert started from beside him as fury pulsed through my veins. "But the fact remains that you're just a woman. And you thought you could threaten me by leaking certain pictures." He scoffed, the both of them sharing a smile.

"I still have them." I said easily, masking the uneasiness that I was feeling inside. There was definitely something going on between these two. "I could still ruin your career with those images."

"Try checking your servers, sweetheart." This time it was Ralph who spoke up. "They might or might not have been wiped off the system. And don't even think about the physical ones. You and I both know that Rupert's face is hidden and could easily pass as any other man's."

I managed to control my temper by taking a deep breath before speaking in a controlled voice.

"For someone who preaches about following the law, you sure have a lot of illegal ways of getting around it."

"Says the woman who's siding with a criminal." They both cackled as if he'd cracked a joke as I fought not to punch them in their ugly faces.

After all, who would fight for Sergio's case if I was in jail beside him?

"You still don't have concrete evidence that Sergio committed the crime. And neither does the rest of the jury."

"Oh, sweetheart, don't you worry about that. Why don't you leave the thinking to us men, hmm?"

"We'll see." I murmured as my brain worked overtime, only one goal in my mind now.

I had to make the most of the temporary custodial arrangement since it was easier to get Sergio out of it as compared to the mess of filing for bail and a reappeal if he was sent to jail. "I'll see you in court soon so you better watch your backs, gentlemen."

The men instantly shut up at the quiet confidence in my voice as something akin to panic creeped up into Rupert's eyes. My heels clicked on the floor as I strutted towards the entrance, a newfound vigor in my steps. I'd figure this shit out. I always did.

"Oh, and Ralph?" My voice echoed in the empty room as I turned back to face them. "You should consider getting Botox. All that scowling and sneering is really making you look old." I slammed the door shut, but not before I caught a snarl on Ralph's face, satisfaction brewing in my chest. Get fucked, assholes.

***

I spent the rest of the evening cooped up in the newly renovated office, sending countless emails and drafting tons of legal paperwork. We had to move fast if we planned to get Sergio out of there soon. After several long hours of work, we filed a reappeal in the courthouse, requesting for an immediate trial and reassessment of the verdict.

My fingers ached from typing continuously for so long as my head pounded with an intensity that made me want to throw up. I took in a lungful of air, knowing that feeling sick at this moment wasn't an option. I'd give the court 24 hours for their reply before filing another appeal until they approved. But for now, I was going to head back home to the penthouse and get some rest - because God knew that I needed it.

I strolled towards the sleek black car parked in the lot, the lights going off once as I unlocked it. I had driven one of Sergio's cars to the office when I'd gone back home to grab a bite in the afternoon. The sky had darkened considerably as I opened the door to the driver's seat. I hadn't been able to contact both Luca nor Alessandro after Sergio had been taken. But I'd been too focused on other things to give any attention to that at that time. I didn't give it much thought now, knowing that they'd be busy with handling the Cosa Nostra since I'd told Luca before leaving court that I'd be heading back to the office for work. I guess I'd call them later once I reached home.

The engine purred to life as I started the car, my eyes instinctively going to the rearview mirror. The hairs on my arms rose as something suspicious uncoiled in my gut. A shadow moved in the back as my fingers flexed on the steering wheel, but before I could scream or get out, a gloved hand clasped over my mouth.

"Quiet, bella. Or I'll slit your throat right here and now." Something cool was pressed against my throat, effectively silencing my muffled protests as my body went rigid. "Good girl." The intruder purred from behind, the dark not allowing me to identify who it was. "Now, drive in the direction I tell you to."

I didn't dare make a sound even when he withdrew his hand as the metal of the sharp knife glinted in the dark. I urged myself to think harder, trying to figure out a way I could get out of this situation. Even if I managed to reach the entrance of the parking lot, it'd be more than enough since there were security cameras installed near the door. I quietly slid one of my hands, pretending to turn the keys as I reached out towards the door. I'd have to make a mad run for it if I managed to open it.

"Hands up." The man ordered, obviously using a deeper voice to hide his real one. Though, something told me that he was very, very familiar to me. "It'd be a shame if I'd have to slit that pretty throat of yours. Though God knows that it's a long time overdue now." He pressed the blade harder towards my jugular, something warm and wet trickling down to the base of my throat, pained breaths escaping me. "Drive before I spill your guts in your boyfriend's car."

Having no option but to listen to him now, I did as he said, slowly reversing out of the lot before making it out onto the road. All through it, I hoped and prayed to a God that I hadn't prayed to much before. I swear if I got out of this life, I'd go to church more. The man kept giving directions as he led me away from the main city, making me drive towards a deserted road. He leaned forward, giving me a direct view of a muscled, leather clad figure. He was dressed in black from head to toe, save for his eyes that were poking out of a ski mask. This was an amateur attempt at kidnapping, at best it seemed.

The niggling feeling at the back of my mind told me that this wasn't some random kidnapping just for shits and giggles - there was something more to it. Though I couldn't figure out why. I'd left the over analysing for later as we finally stopped near an old abandoned mansion that was in shambles now. What once would have boasted of wealth and luxury - at least in the early twentieth century - now looked pitifully destroyed.

"Out." He ordered in a gruff voice as I stepped out, the dark night shielding me from making out anything else surrounding me. "Keep walking straight."

Light filtered through the tiny crack in the door ahead, giving way to the slight clearing that was there to my right. My supposed kidnapper withdrew the knife as he reached out for something else, twisting away from me for a slight second. I took advantage of that split second of not being armed as I whipped around before landing a punch on his face. I swung my elbow blindly as he reached out for me, one hand on his bleeding face as the other dropped the knife. My elbow came into contact with his solar plexus as he crumpled to the ground. Without wasting another second, I ran towards the clearing, my legs pumping in time with my heart. I was close. So, so close.

A scream ripped out of me as I felt my hair being fisted, my neck snapping back with the force of the action. I was pulled away from my only chance of escape as I kicked and screamed, my scalp stinging with the person's tight grip. A gun was immediately pressed to the back of my head before it was tilted. The stench of cigarette smoke and something nastier drifted into my nostrils. I tried to suppress the gag that clawed at my throat before the man - a different one than the one in the car - spoke up.

"Come home to daddy, Gianna."

A shiver wracked up my spine at the sound of Abramo's voice as he pulled me towards the mansion but not before kicking the lump of black leather on the ground.

"You never were really good at your job, were you Alessandro?"

I fought back a sob at the name of Sergio's second most trusted man as I was hauled inside like a pig to slaughter. Though I couldn't say that I was surprised that Alessandro turned out to be a traitor - he had never liked me in the first place anyways.

Suddenly, something sharp pierced the junction between my neck and shoulder as I opened my mouth to scream.

"Shhh, baby girl. I promise this won't hurt too much."

My body suddenly went lax in an instant, my legs feeling like jelly as the drug that Abramo had admitted entered my body.

"Let's say that this little medicine will help you in being a little more cooperative, shall we?" He sneered before he lifted me and placed me in a seating position on a wooden chair before tying me up with zip ties so that my hands were behind me and my ankles were tied to the legs of the chair.

"Look at how pretty my little girl looks. All tied up like this." He cooed as he walked in a circle around me, enjoying the fact that I was completely at his mercy. "You'd do so well in the market. Pretty girls like you are known to bring in some good cash."

I shuddered, even though I knew exactly the kind of things Abramo was involved in. But it still didn't make it any less scary to hear about those things.

Abramo peeked a look at his wristwatch, tapping his foot impatiently as his eyes snuck to over my shoulder where there was another entrance.

"How long is he going to take?" He muttered as he moved behind me, checking and rechecking to make sure I was bound tightly.

I couldn't escape even if I wanted to, thanks to the numbness spreading through my body.

The sound of a door creaking open had me wanting to turn in my chair, but I obviously couldn't. So I waited. I waited for whoever had just entered to step in front of me. It felt like the temperature had dropped by a hundred degrees as the slap of shoes on the wood paneled floor broke through the silence.

"I've got her, just like you asked me to." Abramo's voice sounded from behind as my mind started working overtime.

It seemed like Abramo wasn't alone in this.

The other man didn't say anything as I heard the footsteps getting closer and closer until a pair of loafers made their way in front of me. Slowly, very slowly, I lifted my head to get a good look at Abramo's partner in crime. A gasp caught in my throat as my eyes disbelievingly took in the man dressed impeccably - a stark contrast to the way he dressed casually everyday - as the heady scent of his cologne penetrated the air. Luca. My voice cracked with his name, a murmur on my lips since I couldn't move my mouth much due to the drugs.

"Smart girl, Gia." He whispered as he dragged a hand across my face. I would have flinched if I could, feeling disgusted at having this man - the same man that I had thought of as my brother - in such close proximity. "Though I couldn't say the same about your lover, hmm?"

☆☆☆

*takes a deep breath* Luca. The fucking traitor. Who else wants to throw hands rn? Because I sure as fuck wanna. Honestly, the idea of Luca betraying Sergio and Gianna came to me halfway through writing this story and I just KNEW that I had to incorporate it. After all, nothing stings like a bitch more than someone close to you stabbing you in the back...right?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! We're so close to the end😊❤️‍🔥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 1.4K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...
266K 6.1K 47
I ran my hands through his hair, my grip firm as I pushed it down slightly, my main focus on his lips. "And then?" "Then I'd slide my dick into you...
3.5K 48 33
AIN'T NO WAY YOU GUYS ARE STILL READING THIS ONE ITS SO BAD!!! I ONLY HAVE IT UP TO ADVERTISE MY NEW STORY HIS ESCAPE! -------------------------- "Yo...
191K 6.4K 47
Mikhail Petrov. A name synonymous with ruthlessness in the city of Moscow. A man who brought even the strongest of men to their knees. He had never r...