AVENGERS Incursion War (Secre...

By MarvelDc_EU

Sequel to Wandavision, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness. 3 words alte... More

The Trailer
Chapter 1: Kang the Conqueror
Chapter 2: The only way...?
Chapter 4: He Who Destroys
Chapter 5: Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't
Chapter 6: Drowning in a sea of nightmares
Chapter 7: Reunions long overdue
Chapter 8: Assemble Part 1
Chapter 9: Assemble Part 2
Chapter 10: Betrayals
Chapter 11: Tragedy
Chapter 12: The Being
Chapter 13: The Prophecy
Chapter 14: Prepare for war
Chapter 15: For the girl who lost everything
Chapter 16: Two sides of the same coin
Chapter 17: The Incursion
Chapter 18: The Kang Dynasty
Chapter 19: SECRET WARS Part 1
Chapter 20: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS
Chapter 21: SECRET WARS Part 2
Chapter 22: Death to the Queen of Chaos
Chapter 23: Harbinger of Hope
Chapter 24: The Scarlet Redeemer
Chapter 25: For the Multiverse
Chapter 26: INCURSION WAR Part 1
Chapter 27: INCURSION WAR Part 2
Chapter 28: INCURSION WAR Part 3
Chapter 29: INCURSION WAR Part 4
Chapter 30: INCURSION WAR Part 5
Chapter 31: A New Hope
THE MIDNIGHT SUNS
Midnight Suns Part 1: Terror in Transia
Midnight Suns Part 2: The Candidates
Midnight Suns Part 3: Ambushed
Midnight Suns Part 4: A "witch" called Wanda
Midnight Suns Part 5: The origins of Chthon
Midnight Suns Part 6: FINALE
SCARLET WITCH: TIME RUNS OUT
SCARLET WITCH: Legends
SCARLET WITCH Chapter 1
SECRET WARS

Chapter 3: Solitude of Despair

2.3K 67 80
By MarvelDc_EU

In order to play the soundtrack while reading, go on the browser version of wattpad. It is worthit.

Universe-838, Westview
16 Months Ago

As Wanda was standing in front of her children, they were in utter fear, hiding behind the stairs. She was completely heartbroken after she realized what she had become, looking at the horror in their faces.

Billy & Tommy: (Crying) Please don't hurt us.

Shocked at what they just told her, she looked at them in sorrow.

The Scarlet Witch: I would never hurt you... Never. I would never hurt... anyone. I'm not a monster... I'm...

At that moment she was struck with the realization that she has become the very thing people feared her to be. The very thing she never wanted people to see her as. She reflects on all the horrible things she did as the Scarlet Witch.

Seeing the fear in her children's eyes, and realizing what she has become, the Darkhold immediately lost its control over her. Taking back her agency. Something no other person was ever capable of. It was a belief that anyone who read the darkhold, was lost forever. But Wanda did the impossible. She became herself again... She became Wanda again.

She saw Billy and Tommy run to see if their real mother, Wanda from Universe-838 (Wanda#2), was okay. In that moment, Wanda realized that they were not truly hers. They did not love her.

She was horrified at what she has done as she fell down onto her knees, weeping. At long last she finally just gave up... The other Wanda saw the pain she was in and felt a strong empathy for her. She then slowly walked towards her.

She touched Wanda on her cheek and they formed a psychic connection with each other. Wanda#2 started to remember all the tragic things that our Wanda had endured. The loss of her parents, traumatic childhood, feeling at fault for the destruction of her home town and the death of her brother... The incident at Lagos... being shunned and feared by everyone except Vision, the death of Vision... Westview... Wanda#2 realized that every single nightmare she ever had, was the life of this Wanda sitting in front of her, crying. Suddenly she feels a deep sorrow for her. She sheds a tear while looking at Wanda sitting on the floor.

Wanda#2: Know that they'll be loved.

Our Wanda looked up at Wanda#2 and a sense of security and comfort came over her, something she has never felt before, not even since Vision. That was because Wanda#2 not only understood her pain, she knew it, she lived it in her nightmares, because she is her. Wanda#2 knew how she herself would react if she went through everything our Wanda had endured. Wanda then stood up and walked toward the portal that was opened up by America Chavez. She went through it back to mount Wundagore on her own universe and the portal closed behind her.

Universe-199999 (MCU)
Wundagore

For a brief moment she wept and then flew up to her throne.

America Chavez looked at Doctor Strange who was currently dreamwalking inside the body of a deceased variant of himself.

America Chavez: What now?

Doctor Strange: Get out of here.

America Chavez: I'll find you.

She opened up a portal and looked at Wong.

America Chavez: We have to go, now!

She ran through the portal with Wong back to Kamar Taj, the portal closed. Wanda looks at Doctor Strange with tears flowing down her cheeks.

Wanda: I opened the darkhold... I have to close it... No one will ever be tempted by the darkhold again.

She used her power to destroy all the pillars of the Wundagore castle, then she lifted it up and let it tumble to the ground destroying every darkhold in the multiverse. This very act saved countless lives, preventing countless incursions across the multiverse.

At that moment she was ready to go... She had lost all her will to live, but the rubble kept falling on her to no avail... it could not kill her. An automatic forcefield created by the nexus entity inside her prevented the rocks from killing her. For a split second she remembered her life with Vision... How he tried to comfort her every day telling her that life is not all pain and sorrow. She remembered what he told her, "What is grief, if not love persevering?" Right there she had a change of heart and quickly vanished into thin air, nowhere to be found... She teleported away, somewhere no one would ever find her. Somewhere above the Atlantic ocean.

Somewhere above the Atlantic ocean

After Wanda destroyed Wundagore, she went to an open space somewhere in the middle of the ocean. There she created a large beautiful island full of all kinds of creatures to roam free in the area to keep her company.

She made beautiful gardens with large trees and exotic flowers and all kinds of astonishing birds. The magnificent beauty of the island was illuminated through the large mountains and great waterfalls. She even created majestic species long extinct, ranging from the towering Brontosaurus to the flying Pteranosaur.

She then made herself a cabin of wood... To live in peace far away from everything and everyone.

She spent days seeking redemption while trying to find peace in her mind and heart by searching for the true meaning of her life. Inspired by what Vision said to her all those years ago... For weeks on end she would create new things and experiment with her powers, all in a quest... to find meaning.

She did everything she could to move on and forget about her tragic life... and everyone she ever loved.

But every night when she had nothing else to do but to reflect, she would burst into tears thinking about everyone she lost and all the horrific things she did when she was under the darkhold's corruption. She would feel completely alone in a world that never understood her or wanted her to begin with.

Every single night she would also have dreams of her life with her two boys, those dreams were glimpses of the other Wanda's life on universe-838. As the months went by she slowly stopped using her powers because she was still haunted by what she has done. She would just wander around the Island trying to keep her mind from thinking about anything related to her past while all the animals she created would go and greet her as she walked by them. She would gently pet them, feed them something and they would continue on their own path.

One day Wanda was walking through the jungle and she heard a scream in distress. She walked to the area where the scream came from and she saw that it was a small squirrel that got its foot stuck in a tree. Its leg was broken in the process of trying to get free. Wanda walked toward the creature and felt a deep pity and empathy for the poor thing.

Wanda: Hey little buddy, I see you got yourself stuck in a situation here.

She proceeded to touch the squirrel on its head. The squirrel could only utter out small squeaking noises, indicating that it was in immense pain.

Wanda: Don't worry, you'll run back to your family in no time.

Wanda removed the vines that got the squirrel stuck, then she touched the squirrel on its leg, healing its broken bones in an instant. It was the first time she used her power in weeks.

Wanda: There you go little guy.

The squirrel jumped onto her hand and ran to her shoulder, pushing its head against hers in a thankful manner. Then it ran off into the distance. Wanda looked at the creature running off. She stared into the abyss for a while and took a deep breath through her nose. She then turned around and continued to walk through the Island.

But nothing she did seemed to work. Everyday after being in a paradise of her own making, she would cry herself to sleep. Every... night. She was just unable to get rid of her grief for her loved ones and the feeling of remorse and guilt that kept whispering in her ear, mixed with the feeling of loneliness and being shunned and misunderstood by everyone around her to the point of driving her completely away from society. It was a lot more than grief and remorse.

Day by day... Her grief, pain, sorrow, guilt and remorse slowly started creeping into her daily routine instead of just at night. Like an unwanted parasite, it slowly started... To consume her...

More days turned into more weeks and weeks turned into months, she got even more lonely and even more depressed. After enough months had passed, she just stopped caring... She would not greet her animals, she would not water the plants or trees, she would not eat food, she would not do anything at all...

She would find herself sitting outside her cabin like a statue, day and night, for hours on end... Doing nothing but weeping.

The paradise slowly lost its beauty and color. The leaves fell off the trees, the grass began to die and the beautiful plants and flowers became brown. A giant dark cloud formed over the entire Island, but it never rained. The paradise became a place of torment. A place of continuous grief and self contempt. It became her prison. A place where she atoned for her past sins. A purgatory.

The present day

It is now approximately sixteen months since Wanda went into self exile. The Wanda we knew... was no more. She was an empty, broken shell of what was left of her. A soul that knows nothing but pain and despair. This was the day... The day she finally concluded... Life... Has no meaning... It was very early in the morning. The cold morning breeze blew through her window, waking her up from another beautiful dream where she was cuddling with her boys on the couch watching a movie together. As per usual, she would close her eyes and whimper over the dream, knowing that it was real. It is the life of her variant from the other universe while she sits here in torment.

She stood up from her bed and went outside, siting down on the steps outside of her cabin. She sat for a long time, staring into the abyss, as usual, feeling nothing other than complete sadness and despair... Until she saw a glimpse of something in the corner of her right eye. She quickly turned her head to see what it was. It suddenly disappeared out of her sight, but she could've sworn that she saw Vision... The love of her life, looking at her from behind a tree in the far distance. She jumped up and walked hastily toward the tree, but there was nothing there. She looked around for some time and after a while she concluded that her mind was playing tricks on her.

She walked to the beach and fell on her knees, looking into the ocean with endless tears flowing down her face... She sat there and cried for a very... very long time. Longer and louder than she ever cried in her life.

For 16 months she really tried to continue. To try and find meaning... For vision. But the amount of trauma she had endured was just too much for her delicate heart to handle. She just could not take it any longer. What was there left to do? The only thing she though would end her pain and this meaningless thing called life once and for all... She slowly stood up, wiped her tears... And started walking... Into the ocean ...

As she walks deeper and deeper, she remembers all the good memories she had. Even if there was only a few. She remembers the times with her family as a small girl.

She remembers her brother.

She remembers becoming an avenger.

She remembers the moment she fell in love with Vision.

She remembers her children and the perfect life she had in Westview... Even though it was a false reality that she created by accident out of sheer grief.

Each time a wave knocks her down but she keeps walking deeper and deeper into the ocean. Then she recalls what she told Vision the moment before they fell in love.

"It's just like this wave washing over me again and again. It knocks me down... And when I try to stand up, it just comes for me again and I can't... it's just gonna drown me."

Soon she was neck deep, then her entire body was underwater. She enhaled the water and closed her eyes, drowning, all alone. Suddenly there was a bright light and she was not in the ocean anymore. She stood confused somewhere in an empty space with nothing but pure white clouds surrounding her. In front of her she saw her mother reaching out. Her mother came to her and put her hands on her face.

Wanda: (Shocked) M-Mama?

Iryna: My sweet, poor little girl. You finally came.

Wanda: (She whispers while blinking tears away from her eyes) Mama...

They hug each other as if it were the last hug they would ever have, then Wanda looks over her mother's shoulder and sees everyone she ever loved, her brother Pietro, her father, her children and of course Vision, the one she created out of sheer grief in Westview. Sweet, innocent Vision, a piece of the mind stone that lives within her heart, her sadness, her hope, but most of all, her love.

She was confused as to why the real Vision was not there, perhaps it was because they never really married, so he had no real family ties to her, but she was relieved and extremely happy to finally confirm what she wondered about for so long... Her children were in fact real. With real souls. She didn't know if this was just a vivid dream, moments before death... Or if this was truly the gates of Heaven. She knew full well about all the many documented claims of near death experiences and just like most people, she thought it was bogus. But in her heart she wanted to believe this was not just a dream, but a reality.

Pietro: Hey sis, you miss me?

Wanda begins to tear up.

Wanda: Pietro? Vis?

Tommy & Billy: Mom!

Vision: Wanda... Welcome home.

Wanda: Vis... (With a soft whispering tone with tears flowing down her face) Is this really happening?

Vision: Yes, my love. It's really happening.

Wanda: C-Can I... Can I stay here?

Vision: Of course you can.

Wanda and Vision hug each other while their boys join in. They hug and cry tears of joy for what feels like an eternity.

Everything turns pitch black and we are back to reality, seeing a lifeless Wanda sinking to the bottom of the ocean, and for the first time in years, there is a smile on her face...

The broken soul who lost everything continuously over and over again throughout the entire span of her unfathomably tragic life, finally found peace. The nightmare was finally over. It's finally over.

After the hug, she walked towards the light, but Vision stopped her.

Vision: But not yet. You still have a purpose to fulfill.

Back in reality a mysterious figure was seen far away above the water, diving in to retrieve her body...

(Below is an audiobook about this chapter which I made using a very advanced text to speech with a very beautiful soundtrack, you will not regret watching it. It adds so much to this chapter. the video is a bit outdated because I changed a few things and edited the chapter long after making the video but it's still better. Just know that the written version is canon.)

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please don't be a silent reader. If you enjoyed this chapter, a vote or a brief comment would always be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

-MarvelDc_EU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 7K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
6.3K 256 17
Controlled ~ {Pietro Maximoff x reader} ~ Book Two ~~~ This is the second book to my Marvel fanfic for our very favourite silver speedster, Pietro Ma...
44.9K 1K 13
Evil!Wanda Maximoff x F Reader CONTAINS SMUT!! (Chapters: Good Morning & Breathless) • EVERY vote is appreciated <3 • I don't own any marvel char...
35.6K 1.1K 44
After serving in the military for 10 years after high school, First Sergeant Emerson Moore was honorably discharged home in order to take care of her...