Souls Of The Fateless (FGO x...

Av BahamutSilva

Silva, your name, and the only precious thing you remember. Waking from a centuries-long slumber with scatter... Mer

OC Update/ Character Sheet
Harem/Characters
Additional Characters
*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Holy Grail
Empty Darkness
The Meaning of Being Human
Ignorant Emotions
Dance Number
Tide of Extinction
Picnic Stories
Okita's Shinsengumi
First Mission
Jaguar vs Shinsengumi
Ascension 1 Powers and Abilities
Another Goddess
Temple of Venus
Another Slice of Heaven
Operation: Taming Jaguar (Part 1)
Operation Taming Jaguar (Part 2)
Operation Taming Jaguar (Fin)
Memories Sealed by Land
Departed Souls
Girl Swap
Two Sides, One Coin
Divine Temptations
Illusionary Hero
Battle Like Hell
The Scuffle Against the Third Goddess: Victory Awaits... Who?
Burning Aftermath
Fallen Hero?
The Dragon's Masked Scars That Ran Deep (Trigger Warning)
Escalating Promise
Harbinger Of The End: I
Harbinger Of The End: II
Harbinger Of The End: III
Public Announcement
Harbinger of the End (IV): Silva v. Death
Harbinger of the End (V): Hero's Darkest Hour
Of A Feather
Ever After...What Comes After?
Nobody Voted

Bring Heaven to Hell

165 3 0
Av BahamutSilva

It had been some time since we left the surface, departing for the world below.

The deeper we flew in, the more things remained unclear as concepts like time and distance were difficult to grasp. The unorthodox nature of the darkness played with me at its leisure, occasionally depriving Ishtar and me of oxygen or tormenting our minds with visions that would drive the average man insane.

I shook myself free from the screaming voices and whispers ringing in my head, unknowingly crashing into Ishtar for the umpteenth time.

"H-Hey! That's the fifth time now. W-Watch where you're crashing into me...are you doing it on purpose?"

"Sorry, it's not intentional, but must you shriek each time it happens?"

"I can't help my reaction. You keep bumping into a ticklish spot headfirst and..."

"And...what?"

"Nothing. Just keep close, but not too close."

Close but not too close, what does that even mean? Even with the light from Typhoon's pendant I can scarcely see past the shadows.

More importantly...what was it she wanted to say?

Without being able to view Ishtar's expression I couldn't help but prod at the question while absentmindedly following behind.

"Say Ishtar, how much longer do you think we have......Ishtar?"

There was silence. I darted left and right, yet no matter where I looked, I couldn't make out anything lingering in the dark.

Was she grabbed?

With a quick sniff I easily picked up her scent. Chains grasped firmly in either hand, I plunged in deeper after drawing a deep breath.

The world came crashing down in an instant.

Forces of gravity shifted, increasing by double to send me spiraling into a pressurized wind tunnel.

I clawed my wings into solid stone on either side, ceasing the descent down before the situation escalated out of control. An inconspicuously hidden blue light reflected in my orbs, drawing attention to the cavern's roof where it shined splendidly.

A magic sigil. I see. It must be a trap mechanism that activates when condemned souls try to flee, one which likely exerts a certain amount of gravity based on the target's sins. Much like Hades had.

...Guess I don't have as many as I thought if I'm able to flap my wings normally.

At any rate, with this being the only physical change in our surroundings thus far, it's safe to bet Ishtar is waiting wherever this passage ends.

The forceful winds carried me through the passage as I melted into the current, dislodging myself from the wall.

I rocked and swayed, bouncing around in the snug tunnel, the fierce winds passing me by sounding like the rumbling of a beast.

Journeying through the mysterious burrow with no idea where I'd pop out. I leaned back and shut my eyes, enjoying the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shooting out similar to an arrow firing, I was freed from the tight space, arriving in a large spacious area.

The territory was brighter and a dark shade of blue, the atmosphere noticeably cooler, with rocks surrounding the vast landscape as far as the eye could see.

So this is Babylonian Hell. Weird. I expected a lot of fire, maybe even a river or two.

Before I could explore further...

Everything turned upside-down.

A sound of surprise leaves me as I'm yanked from the sky, colliding into something soft and pleasant.

"...Ishtar?"

"W-What took you so long to get down here? I was screaming your name when I fell, you know?"

"And how long are you going to stay on top of me? I-I didn't pull you to safety ex-expecting this situation."

Expecting what exactly?

As I peered up at Ishtar in the dim lighting, I could see her cheeks were an undeniable touch of red.

Shifting my weight brought to my attention the precarious position the two of us found ourselves. Just mere seconds ago, my face was centimeters away from being between Ishtar's chest while my hands still lay gently on her stomach.

The way she's trembling and can't lock eyes with me...it almost looks like I pushed her down. Is my heart beating faster...

No... there's no way it can do that, must be my imagination.

I breathed out, dismissing the mistaken thoughts concerning my heartbeat with a headshake, offering Ishtar a hand.

"Stay seated!"

Ishtar's fingers stayed coiled around mine as she whispered the warning, pushing me against one of the many stone pillars behind us.

Her head turned, floating left to right, taking a few quick peeks out at the open path the monument lay on, before rejoining my side.

An insignificant chill so small I hardly felt it crept down my spine. A supernatural specter more massive than a house hovered into view.

Sinister was the only way to describe it.

The malicious smile it wore matched its even more disturbing, chilling aura. Head to toe- er spine, its entire skeletal body was transparent, our discerning eyes piercing through the figure to see similar creatures floating about in the distance.

"Vengeful Spirits?"

"Gallu, to be specific. Ereshkigal's wandering guards who love to appear at night. With them patrolling, we'll have to stop here and pick up bright and early tomorrow.

"Waiting that long is inefficient, yeah...let's just kill them instead."

"No!" Ishtar's voice was quiet but rattled my eardrums within the tiny space we shared. Her left shoulder pushed against my chest as she leaned closer, dropping her voice two octaves lower.

"I'm not sure what happens in Greek hell, but destroyed souls don't regenerate here. Those things belong to Ereshkigal. Kill them and she'll want our souls as replacements. Negotiating won't even cross her mind."

"And..." The goddess of heaven's gaze transferred to the mindless apparitions, lingering on their massively oversized hands stretching out hauntingly before them. "Escaping doesn't seem probable with their numbers. The moment we're spotted, we'll have the underworld's forces seeking us out for trespassing."

"Being this far from the road, we should be relatively safe; therefore, let's just... rest up."

I turned just in time to see Ishtar's head plop onto my shoulder, the last words trailing off and replaced by sweet murmurs as she nuzzled in closer.

"You were rather adamant about staying put, now I understand why. You look beyond exhausted."

"I certainly feel it. Something about being here... makes me feel... drained. ...Sorry, but can you be my pillow... until... sunrise-"

Her ruby red irises finally shut. No more sounds besides soft, delicate snoring arose from Ishtar.

The peaceful rhythm she breathed in her slumber was comforting but didn't wane away my growing concern with how easily she'd succumbed to sleep in the underworld.

"Baha... mut..."

Ishtar stirred slightly, slipping off my shoulder with an inaudible murmur, spurring me to catch her before she hit the ground.

Her body practically melted in my arms as I held her in my lap.

I ran my fingers across her neck, traveling up and cupping her face, turning it ever faintly and confirming my suspicions.

Hazy blue blemishes discolored Ishtar's fair complexion just under her eyes. The rosy hue of her lips gradually began to grey with little warmth remaining in either hand.

She's fading. Is the land here diseased? No...these symptoms... it's more like a curse has befallen her.

...Forget this crap.

I shifted how I held Ishtar, holding her more protectively as I rose to my feet. Taking a deep breath, I threw one foot forward, heading for the path that led deeper into the land of damned souls.

END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rock n' Roll!"

"Silva and Ishtar finally made the descent into hell!"

"This is it, my big moment. Oda Nobunaga finally makes her debut into the story!"

"No. You don't"

"Of course I do! You can't have this kind of setting without the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven making an appearance."

"But they're ,in Hell not Heaven."

"Different names, sure, but they pretty much run the same."

"Are you listening to yourself!"

"I listen to no one, not even myself!"

"That doesn't ma-"

"Next time on Souls of the Fateless!"

"Don't cut me off!"

"What's this, Ishtar's cursed, and a series of life and death questions? What kind of predicament is this?"

"Hey-"

"And at the end of it all, a mysterious individual. Who do our servant friends run into?"

"Stick around and find out next time in Divine Temptations!"

"When are you going home, Oda?!"

Fortsรคtt lรคs

Du kommer ocksรฅ att gilla

32.9K 907 20
Medusa x Reader. Y/N L/N is a 17 year old boy that goes to Homurahara School. He's an average kid with a seemingly bright future that holds a lot of...
10.8K 156 35
10 years after the last holy grail war Takumi,ryu,mika are now Officially mages for the organization together with there new allies miya the gun sl...
64.9K 1.8K 113
A brother who made a irreversible mistake gains a chance to make up for it in his second life ashton Leywin won't make the same mistake. he will prot...