The Reincarnation

By Wings006

Carmella Vee didn't live the best life but she was grateful for the things she cherished. After a freak stunt... More

Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 2

98 6 1
By Wings006

After sternly ordering Fern to hide further away from where I am, I manage to catch the person who shot the arrow. He seems to be working alone. He screams in pain as I kick his legs and sit on his back whilst bending his arms backwards so he is unable to move.

"Why did you attack me?" I ask threateningly. "If you don't answer, I will cut your fingers off, one by one."

"G-get off me first!" He moans.

I chuckle loudly, "No way. I won't let you go. Tell me the truth or else..."

"You kidnapped the young Miss!" He suddenly says. "How dare you take our Miss away! Of course I was trying to kill you!"

I frown, "Hold on. You think I kidnapped someone?! And young Miss? Who's that? Are you misunderstanding something?"

"I clearly saw you dragging the young Miss here! She looked haggard and wounded. Did you torture her? Our people will never let you go!" He says angrily.

I sigh. "I still have no idea what you're talking about. If you're trying to confuse me by lying, it won't work buddy."

"I'm not! You-"

"Rey?!"

Both of us glance up to find Fern staring at us in shock and horror with her beautiful blue eyes.

"Rey, why are you here?!" She asks, staring at the man under me.

"Miss, please help me." He whines.

"You know him Fern?" I ask in surprise.

She nods, "You can let him go Carmella."

"But he's the one who shot the arrow." I say, not moving.

"Miss..." The culprit whimpers.

"Carmella, please get off him. He looks like he's about to pass out."

"Oh really?" I stare at him and stand up. "So where's this Miss of yours?" I ask as he slowly gets up, looking pale.

He glances at Fern. "This is my young Miss of course. You kidnapped her!"

"What did you say Rey?" Fern asks, furrowing her blond eyebrows.

"Oh, he keeps saying I kidnapped his young Miss." I explain with a shrug. "He seems mistaken."

Fern suddenly bursts into laughter. Rey and I stare at her in surprise.

"You got it wrong Rey! Carmella is actually my saviour! She rescued me from the kidnappers."

Rey stares at me with his brown eyes, "S-sorry." He mumbles.

I chuckle and step forward, ruffling his dark brown hair as he flinches in fear. Now that he is in front of me, I can see that he is definitely in his early twenties and his clothes are dull and ragged.

"I must apologise for him Carmella." Fern says worriedly. "I'm sorry for the way he treated you."

I smile, "It's fine Fern. I don't mind. It was just a small misunderstanding anyway."

"Small misunderstanding?! You threatened to chop my fingers off!" Rey protests in anger. "And how dare you call young Miss by just her name!"

"Rey, shut up."

My eyes widen as I hear Fern order him harshly. She glares at him before smiling at me and stepping forward, interlocking her slender fingers with mine.

"Let's go home Carmella."

"What about him?" I gesture behind us with my thumb as we start walking.

"He'll follow us anyway. I can't believe he attacked you because he thought you kidnapped me." She mutters.

It takes us a little longer to arrive at Fern's house. My whole body is shocked as I stare up at it. 'House' is a very far off term for it. It's a full blown fairytale mansion surrounded by vast greenery on all sides and even a stream running around the many buildings.

"This is your home?!" I gasp.

Fern smiles proudly, "Welcome to your new home too."

"Mine?" I ask in surprise.

"Of course. It seems like you have nowhere to go and it is only right for my saviour to stay with me."

What bizarre words is she saying? She isn't going to stop calling me her saviour? It's a little embarrassing every time she mentions it. I've never been anyone's saviour before. No one was bothered enough to get to know me properly in the past. I was just a stunt woman who acted behind the scenes, always staying in the shadows. I was the type who would stick to myself if no one came up to me. The person who preferred to avoid any unnecessary trouble accidentally ended up saving someone.

As soon as I step into the mansion, I know that I don't belong in such an extravagant place. A single chandelier must have more value than me. As we walk down the corridor, an elderly woman in a maid outfit bows her head when she sees us. I am still not used to the strange clothing here but I have also been wearing similar rags as Rey since I awoke in this new place.

Fern leads us to a set of huge double doors which are made from very fine polished wood. It looks precious. She turns around and gestures to Rey who has been following us.

"Rey, you can leave now."

Rey looks a little disappointed but nods and walks away. I continue walking through the doors after Fern. As I walk, I realise that I am still wearing ripped rags as clothes and the slippers which are on my feet are worn out. My self-consciousness nags me because this place is somewhere I would never step inside in the state I am in now.

"This is...?" I wonder aloud.

Fern smiles and slowly takes my hand. "I'm sure my parents want to thank you for saving me."

I feel awkward and a little nervous. "I don't know if it's a good idea." I mutter under my breath. I don't even know how things work here, let alone the strange etiquettes I saw from the servants as we passed.

An arm entwines around mine and I look up in surprise at Fern. She smiles reassuringly. She is truly beautiful. "Don't worry."

I nod and we walk forward until I see an elegantly dressed man and beautiful woman sitting on some chairs; servants stand in each corner of the room holding platters of food and snacks. My stomach rumbles embarrassingly loudly at the sight of the delicious biscuits.

"Fern! Oh my, how are you dear?" The woman cries, standing up and walking towards us. She hugs Fern tightly.

"M-mother, I... can't breathe." Fern gasps.

Her mother releases her arms and her brown eyes glance in my direction. In comparison to such a beauty, I know I must look like dirt.

"Why did you kidnap my daughter?" Her voice is suddenly cold, a huge contrast to how she spoke to Fern.

I stare at her in shock. Does she think I was the one who kidnapped her?!

"You're mistaken Madam." I say, trying to be as polite as I can. "I am not a kidnapper."

"Mother, she isn't. Carmella is my saviour! She rescued me..." Her voice trails off and I gasp and quickly stretch my arms out as Fern stumbles and falls. I catch her in time and glance up at her mother who has her jaw hanging open.

"Fern is badly hurt." I explain. "Have you got a room where I can take her to? We will also need a doctor."

Her mother stares at me. "Why did she faint? She looked fine..."

"Did you hear the young woman?" A man's voice suddenly speaks loudly and I realise that Fern's father has spoken for the first time since I came. "Arrange a room for Fern and call a doctor."

The servants nod and one gestures for me to follow her. I carry Fern in my arms, bridal style as we walk down the corridors.

Fortunately, my strength hasn't changed. I can easily carry a feather-light young woman like Fern. I get many stares from the servants as we walk by. I enter the room which the servant shows me to and carefully place Fern down onto the bed.

Abruptly, the door flings open and I jump, startled as something huge runs towards Fern. My eyes widen when I see a tall man bent down beside the bed, holding Fern's hand. Who is this? His presence is strong.

"Fern, what happened to you? Which bastards did this? I'll definitely kill them once I find them!"

I shiver at his chilling words. They don't sound like he is joking.

"Excuse me, you shouldn't touch her carelessly. She's still weak and unconscious." I say slowly.

He turns to me and narrows his eyes. I gulp nervously under his scrutinising and it feels like he can see right through me. His eyes are similar to Fern's, almost the same azure blue shade.

From his handsome, well-groomed face and haughty attitude, I know he isn't a servant.

"And who are you?" He finally opens his mouth and asks.

I stick out my nose and chin and smile sarcastically, "I'm Fern's saviour." I can't help internally recoiling in embarrassment as the words pour out of my mouth.

The man tilts his head back and laughs loudly. "Y-you?! How can you save anyone?" He continues laughing rudely.

I glare at him and cross my arms. "Spar with me if you dare."

"What? You must be joking."

Gritting my teeth, I try to restrain my tongue. "Are you in disbelief because I am a woman or are you always an arrogant bast...?"

His eyes narrow at me and I stare back with a straight face. I know he doesn't think highly of me but he can atleast try to respect others.

"What's your name?"

"Why?" I ask. Does he really think I will easily provide my name just because he asked? "What's your name?"

He suddenly looks amused. "Answering a question with two more questions. You're an interesting woman."

I scoff. What is he? A male lead in one of those CEO dramas and webtoons who falls in love because the woman is "different"?

"I get that a lot." I lie through my teeth.

All of a sudden, a murmur comes from the bed and I step towards Fern as she stirs. After a moment, her eyelids flick open and she sits up and stares around the room.

I smile and touch her hand gently. "How are you feeling Fern?"

She smiles weakly and nods, "I'm okay now. Did I cause you any trouble?"

I shake my head and chuckle, "What are you saying? Of course you didn't. Why are you blaming yourself you silly girl?"

I hear someone clearing their throat loudly and turn around to see the man glaring at me. I was so busy worrying about Fern that I forgot he was still here.

"What did you just say?" He growls threateningly at me. Is he a wild animal?

"Brother, don't bother Carmella. She is my saviour. Without her rescuing me and helping me escape, I wouldn't even be alive."

My eyes widen and my jaw hits the ground as I stare at Fern, "B-brother?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 152 85
"Huh?" "Save the world?" "Help those in need?" "Why in God's name would I care about that if I won't get anything that I want in return?" "Go bother...
12K 5.3K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...
84.7K 760 10
[Watty's Shortlist & WATTPAD PICKS -- Up and Coming List 06.07.2018] Now Available on Amazon!!! His hands moved down to cradle her neck. "I only hav...
10.9K 559 9
|| SAMPLE - Full version published and available on Amazon || The cycle of life is a simple one: you live, you die, you're reborn as a completely dif...