Amore {Druig}

By 0range_sorbet

๐‘‡๐‘ค๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘š๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’... More

๐ถ๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก
๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘  & ๐บ๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘๐‘ 
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

1.1K 30 3
By 0range_sorbet

Experience - Ludovico Einaudi

Artemis's pov

Present-day - Australia

As a light breeze swirled the sand around my face, I pushed my sunglasses higher up my nose. Due to extreme heat, I had my sleeves rolled up past my elbow. Why did they have to live in such a hot country? Since the accident Thena wouldn't allow me to go back in case she hurt me again. I think it's such bullshit, but she could kill me without thinking, so I never went back. Gilgamesh sent me pies and postcards sometimes, but I've had no contact with them.

We made it to the top of the last hill which, led to the small house. I led the way as I was the only Eternal who had visited them before. The others were too scared too. The others consist of mostly Kingo. I pulled my sunglasses down to have a look at the beast littering the floor. "Shit" I muttered. Panic quickly overtook me. What about Gil and Thena? They're stronger now. Could they protect themselves?

"Calm down Angel", the voice spoke again. I stopped placing my hand over my forehead, trying to suppress it.

"Are you OK, Art?" Sersi asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, "Um, yeah, I just thought I heard a voice." I looked beside me and said, "It's nothing, I promise." I dismissed her, swiftly making my way past the Deviant.

"This is the deviant you fought in London?" Kingo asked, standing beside Ikaris.

"It's different," Ikais answered. "There must be more out there than we thought."

"Well, that's just fucking spectacular, "I remarked.

I turned around when Karun's excited voice approached the dead deviant. "Is... is this a deviant, sir?"

"Yep," Kingo answered shortly. Not impressed with the creature.

"It's a beautiful creature!" he exclaimed, intrigued by the ancient monster.

"What?" everyone asked loudly.

"This? This? Not at all. It's hideous. " Kingo exaggerated. "You've never had one try to bite your head off. Or in Art's case, have one almost eat her boyfriend, "Kingo finished.

I whipped round to face Kingo and his camera and said, "First off, he's not my boyfriend, and second, we handled that deviant just fine thanks."

"Does hiding in a ball of ivy count as 'handling it'?" he said, using air quotes.

A vine appeared at my side, ready to hit him. "Okay, I'm sorry, "he apologised, slipping past me with a cheeky grin.

I zoned out from Kingo talking to his camera as I thought about that day. Druig and I had decided to go for a walk in a field to escape Ikari's constant moaning. Our hands continually brushed against each other as we strolled side by side. He leaned down and took my hand in his, a big smile on his face. We'd made it to the outskirts of town, too consumed with each other to hear the distant roar echoing through the town. Another rippled through the field, and we immediately pulled away from each other. We turned our gaze. At the end of the field, a deviant stood still staring at us.

My breath hitched in my throat as we stayed as still as we possibly could. "Druig," I whispered.

"Yes Angel?" he responded.

"On my signal, I need you to run," I said calmly.

"WHAT NO!" he exclaimed loudly.

And that was all it took for the deviant to come charging at us. I pushed Druig away from me, conjuring up vines in the shape of swords, as Thena had taught me. "Run!" I shouted at him.

I swung the swords across its face, slicing off a part of its face yet it continued to attack. Vines covered in thorns wrapped around its legs, pulling it to the floor. I generated a large ball of thorns, hurling it straight through its jaw. The deviant stumbled back but immediately began sprinting towards me, but it wasn't focused on me. Druig.

I turned around to see him standing there watching me motionless. I tilted my head in confusion. Why wasn't he running? I looked down towards his stomach, where multiple thorns punctured his stomach.

No, no, this can't be happening. He was too far out of reach to be hit. The realisation hit me in the face like a truck. He didn't run. The deviant kept charging at him instead of me. I raised my arm, emerald fire leaving my palm, forming a force field around him, but I knew that wouldn't stop it completely. I raised my other arm, and another surge of fire left me, hitting the deviant. Ive never been able to create fire before.The constant flow of energy drained me. My limbs became weak, my vision blurred, and my legs wobbly. I used the last of my strength to make my way over to Druig, placing a large ivy dome around us.

I tried to stop the bleeding by placing my hand over his stomach but it didn't work. I sobbed "I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were so close". Tears streamed down my cheeks as I continued to cry. He wiped my tears away with his hands on my cheeks. I leaned into his palm savouring his touch.

"I'm fine, Angel, I just need to catch my breath," he said softly

The last thing I saw before passing out was his eyes slowly closing and the coldness when his hand left my cheek. I don't know how long we were out there for until Makkari felt both of her heart rates decrease and she found us in the field with the deviant clawing to get in.

"Gilgamesh!" The familiar name brought me out of my daze, focusing on Kingo forcing Karun to film Gilgameh's door.

"That's not going to work, dumbass. If any of you bothered to visit, then you would know that they only respond to certain knocks to prevent intruders, "I told them.

"But how would anyone know the knock?" Ikaris questioned, "They wouldn't answer the door to anyone."

"That's the point, Icky," I said sarcastically. I was led up the dor to perform the knock. Thena taught me in 1900. I stepped back as heavy footsteps approached the door.

"The mighty powerhouse of strength, the fearsome Gilgamesh," Kingo declared behind the camera.

The door swung open to reveal Gil dressed in his kiss the cook apron. Yes, he's baked something. I'm starving.

"What took you so long?" he addressed us. He pushed past Ikaris towards their outdoor oven, where hopefully a pie was being baked. "You look younger today, Sprite," he mentioned. Sprite pulled an annoyed face as the rest of us stifled our laughs.

Karun followed Gil, "I have the same apron," he chuckled.

"Who the hell are you?" Gil asked.

"I'm Karun. "Kingo's valet," he told him proudly.

"Oh, valet. like Alfred in Batman".

"Ugh, that's his name; it's been killing me." I sighed with relief.

Ikaris began telling Gil about the deviants and Ajak. "I'm sorry, Gil. Ajak's dead".

I couldn't bear to watch his heartbreak, so I turned away; looking across the Australian plain. A tree covered in wind chimes sat in the distance with a white dot sitting beneath it. Curiosity got the best of me and I slipped away from the others to check the tree. As I got closer, I realised it was Thena. She looked the same in the same white dress, but the bottom was filthy. Her hair gently blew in the wind as she scribbled down her drawings. I stood a few feet away from her. "Hey Thee!" I called out.

I got no response from her, so I moved a bit closer to "Thena." I tried again. She quickly stood up, throwing a cosmic weapon at my feet. "Fuck sake," I groaned, not wanting to fight her again. My roots wrapped around my legs and arms as my power grew. Swords appeared at my side. Thena swung her spear at me, which I quickly dogged as I pushed my sword into her leg, slowing her down. Roots slithered towards her, wrapping themselves her legs and holding her in place. I conjured a vine-covered shield in one hand and a blade in the other. Those roots were going to hold her much longer. Thena sliced her way out of the roots, jumping over me to attack me from behind.

"The attack triggered her. She's no fun.. to be around." Gilgamesh's voice trailed off as he saw us fighting.

"A little help would be wonderful right now," I shouted. Their presence distracted me as Thena got the upper hand, slicing my arm. The sleeve of my shirt fell to the ground, blood immediately spilling. My sword vanished from my hand as I lost concentration. Thena stood over me with her sword ready to plunge into my heart. I raised my hand to delay the inevitable attack.

Gilgamesh's cosmic glove was around his arm as he disarmed Thena, holding her weapon in place. "Give me your hand," he said gently.

"Everyone in Centuri-6 is going to die," she stated.

"Give me your hand," he pleaded calmly.

"It's too late, we can't save them," she excused.

Sprite cut in, creating an illusion of Thena, trying to bring her back from her trance. While she was distracted, Kingo ran up to me and pulled me into his chest, shielding me from Thena.

"Are you ok?" he whispered.

I nodded quickly, "Yea, she just ruined my favourite shirt," I pouted.

"Don't worry about it. I'll get Karun to order you a new one".

Kingo pulled me to my feet, dragging me away from Thena and behind his back, in case the illusions didn't work.

"Remember".

The illusion disappeared around us, and it looked like Thena had come back to us. Thena peered past Gil to look at us.

"Thena"

"Hi"

"Hey"

"Hello," she said.

"Who's your gardener?" Kingo asked, trying to liven up the mood. Everyone turned to look at him unamused. "Really, dude," I told him, "that's the best you could have come up with."

"You can't comment on my amazing comedy; you're injured". Kingo said, looking towards Gil, "Do you have a first aid kit?"

He nodded. "Come on, Art," he mentioned for me to follow.

Thena asked, worry filling her voice. "What happened to your arm, Artemis?"

I didn't want to make her feel guilty for hurting me. "I just fell over. You know, I'm incredibly clumsy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.3K 28
Time heals all wounds or so they say. Druig felt at peace with his choice, eventually. The anger turned numb and he created a safe space for those th...
100K 2.8K 28
"The people really love you." "Well, I don't care what they think about me, if they love me or hate me, I only care about you." Chaos and control...
48.9K 1.5K 14
A love like theirs was something ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด "๐——๐—ถ๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฒ?" โค– After being separated for many centuries, two eternals reunite and...
202K 5.8K 29
"๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฆ๐ž." "๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ." ...