Life Gives Second Chances: A...

By shay_kam

Andi. A teenager who just wants to live life normal. But obviously high school has to be the rough path of li... More

Chapter 1: First Day Back
Chapter 2: Not This Again
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Bullies
Chapter 5: I'll Try Tomorrow
Chapter 6: The Next Day
Chapter 7: Back to School
Chapter 8: Date Night
Chapter 9: Party
Chapter 10: Reminiscing
Chapter 11: Contemplating
Chapter 12: The New Girl
Chapter 13: Hanging Out
Chapter 14: Troubling Waters
Chapter 15: The Talk
Chapter 16: Date Night
Chapter 17: Date Night Pt.2
Chapter 18: The Breaking Point
Chapter 19: Hidden
Chapter 20: Dinner
Chapter 21: Early Gifts
Chapter 22: Sweet 16!
Chapter 23: Sweet 16! Pt.2
Chapter 24: Something Is Wrong
Chapter 25: Diagnosis
Chapter 26: Recovery: Day 1
Chapter 27: Going Home
Chapter 28: Friday
Chapter 29:Winter Wonderland
Chapter 30: Be Mine
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: Babysitting
Chapter 33: Sick
Chapter 34: You Will Be Missed
Chapter 35: Losing It
Chapter 36: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 37: Hot
Chapter 38: Confrontation
Chapter 39: Mind Refresh
Chapter 41: Babysitting pt.2
Chapter 42: Revaluating
Chatper 43: Before the End
The End.
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 40: Valentines Day

758 44 12
By shay_kam

*didn't proof read :D*
Monday February 14th

Andi's POV:

Today I woke up in a very exciting mood. It's Valentines Day today and even though no one really likes this holiday, I really enjoy it. It's a holiday about love, doesn't matter if you have a significant other or not, there's always someone you can love.

Ever since Mason was born he had always been my "significant other" I guess you could say. I always did little things with him on these occasions. Last year Valentine's Day was on a Sunday so I may or may not have payed for the both of us to go the carnival that was still in town. Safe to say, it was very fun. My moms got to enjoy a little date with themselves and me and Mason got to spend time together. Win win in my eyes.

Sophie has never been one to celebrate, well not really celebrate, but enjoy the holiday. So when we were dating we never really did anything on this day, which is why I spent a lot of time with Mason.

Anygays, I know that most of y'all who tend to read about my life and only read about my life because you have a very big celebrity crush on my parents which they may not know about but I do because I know every thing about y'all, wow that was a breath, I know you guys make not like this holiday but I don't care. Y'all are going to read about how me and Drew spend it.

"Jesus shes one one."
"SHAY STFU!"
"I- I didn't-"
"I will murder you!"
"You wouldn't dare!?!"
"Watch. Me."
"You can't murder me, I'll murder you first hehe. Remember I have control over your life."
"I-"
"Is that silence I hear??"
"Stfu and keep writing."
"If you say so."

Today usually we would all be doing something as a group but they still haven't spoke to me. I have tried to apologize whenever I spent time with Kaylee and that side of the family but she just puts on a fake face but won't even acknowledge me. So yea, it's fine though.

Even though me and Drew promised not to do anything, well not a lot, I decided to just get her some of her favorite candy and I wrote her a different variety of letters that she can read when she needs too. She already has a bunch of stuffies from me from other little occasions so something different was what I decided to go with.

As always there was a knock at my door this morning. When I approached to open it, there was a little gift basket for me. Mason was standing there around the corner staring at me. "Hi bubba." I chuckled and he shyly moved back around the corner giggling. Like I said we take this "holiday" pretty seriously.

"Sissy?" He asked sneaking his away from the corner. The most cheesiest smile on his face grew with every inch he took. "Yes?"
"Will you be my Valentine?" He stood there nervously for a moment. I mean come on, who would say no to this?
"Of course I would bubba."
"Yayy! Now I have three valentines!!"
"Three?!?"
"Yess."
"Who?!?"
"You, Valentine A, and Valentine B. Don't worry 'bout it."
"I-"
"Heheh."
"Can you at least tell me their name??" 
"No!"
"Please?"
"Maybe!"
"Pretty please?!?"
"Their names are Lily and Ivy. And they're in my class. And I gonna give them a stuffie!"
"Ohhh. Look at you being a ladies man."
"I am. But if they start fighting, I'm leaving. Ain't no body got time for that. I'm a busy man." And with that he walked off. That three year old is something else.

I finished up getting ready for the day. Unfortunately Drew had to be at the softball practice after school today since the season is starting up soon, so we didn't have the chance to do anything today but we were spending time together later on this weekend. Everyone tends to ask me if it's weird that my ex and my current girlfriend like, work together I guess you could say. Honestly as long as they don't kill each other I'm fine with it. But they appear to be good friends so that's a plus.

"Get a room please." I make a comment as I catch my mother's locking lips. They both chuckle and separate themselves. "Are you guys doing something today?" I asked taking the donuts from the little charcuterie board.
"Nope."
"Surprising."
"What about you?"
"Nah. Drew has to help out with the softball team today."
"Hmm. Maybe we can order pizza tonight or something."
"Can we make them instead?"
"Like homemade?"
"Yes."
"I don't see why not."

Looking at the time I, needed to find my way out the door and towards the bus stop if I wasn't planning on walking to school. "Bye bye!" I cheered out the door. "Dear heavens don't do that!!" I exclaimed as I saw my girlfriend standing at the door steps. Scaring the life I have left out of me. "I'm sorry." She chuckled before reaching out for my hand and we started walking.

"This is for you." She perked handing me a red and pink bag with stuff inside. "Thank you. This is for you as well." I handed her, her gift. Her face lit up when she saw the contents inside. "Thank you so much!"
"It was nothing."
"I can't wait to open the letters."
"I think you will enjoy them."
"Im sure I will."

She leaned in for a kiss and I happily gave her one but me being clumsy, wasn't looking and tripped over the curb, definitely hurting something. "Only duck! God damnit! DUCK!" We're the words to escape my mouth. Drew stood back laughing which honestly o don't blame her. "You said duck!"
"I know." I pulled my leg up to my chest and rolled around groaning.
"Think you can walk?"
"No. I think it's broke." 
"Your leg?"
"I don't ducking know!"
"Come on." She reached out her hand and I carefully grabbed onto it, pulling myself up. "Yep, yep that's broken."
"How do you know?"
"Same foot I broke when I 8."
"What?!?"
"Me and Danielle got in a car accident and I broke my foot."
"Woah. Let's get you home."

After what felt like forever, which was actually 5 minutes, I was back on my front door step. Drew knocked while I used my arms to keep my balance. Mommy came to the door very surprised to see us.
"What did you do?" She said completely unfazed.
"I may or may not have broken my foot."
"Come inside and explain what happened please."

I wobbled my way inside and to the couch. "Bambina, how?" My mom says as she tries to take off my shoes, which hurts like hell by the way.
"We we're walking and then I tripped over the curb."
"Drew do you need a ride to school?" Mommy asks.
"If I'm not a burden then yes please but if not I can walk."
"I'll drive you."
"Thank you. Andi here's your stuff." She said placing my backpack and things on the floor. She leaned in for that kiss I promised her which THIS time it went well.

"Have fun at school. I love you!" I yelled after her. "I love you more!" Will she ever realize that's not true? Honestly I don't think so. Mommy was gone, Mason I'm sure went with them considering he also has school so now it was just me and Mom. Side note, she didn't look to happy about this either. "So......how was your day?"
"Not the time."
"Geez ok. Just wondering."
"Alessandra."
"Ok."

"Someone didn't get the lover's special this morning." I mumbled under my breath. She glared at me and walked away. Just leave the crippled to suffer I guess. After about 30 minutes of sitting scrolling through my phone, there was an unbearable shock of pain the flew through my foot. "Shit!" I hissed and it felt like I was walking on pin needles.

"MOM! MOM! MOM!" She marched her way downstairs. "Yes bambina?"
"Can we please go to the hospital?"
"We are bambina. Just waiting on Danielle to get back."
"I am back." She said walking through the door.
"Oh praise Jesus!"

The drive to the hospital felt like FOR-EV-VER! Maybe I'm just being dramatic right now. Meh, doesn't matter. I'm dying, well not yet. (👀) But the urge... anygays. They finally made it to the E.R and I was so relieved. When we walked in, Mom filled out the information papers while I went to find a seat. My foot was a very light shade of purple and blue, actually looked very pretty not gonna lie.

"Alessandra!" My name was called finally after a while. Mom put her arm under me and basically carried me to the exam room. Did I mention that mommy was at the vending machine? She came in the room with a hand full of candy.
"You're gonna get a cavity."
"Nah. I'll be fine. Want some?"
"Sure."

Just then the doctor knocked and entered the room. "Hello." He said looking down at the chart in his hand. "I'm Geo-Alessandra!!"
"Dr. O'Malley!"
"Please call me George. How are you?"
"Could be better." I referenced to my foot.
"Ouch! How did this happen?" He put on a pair of gloves and propped my foot up on the bed.
"Walking, kissing, tripped."
"I see. I see. Very loving holiday can turn very badly. The amount of mysterious injuries that we see on this day. I don't quite think this is broken to badly but I'm gonna do some scans to make sure. Now considering that last time I saw you, you also broke this foot, I'm hoping that you didn't hurt any nerves or anything like that. That'll be bad. I'm gonna send the x-Ray technician in here and we'll try to get you out as quick as possible."
"Thank you."

Long story short, I did break my foot but not as bad as it could've been. And now I have a cast, a blue one at that. Oh and I have crutches. I can wack someone with them hehe. It was still a reasonable time in the day luckily so we all went out to go eat lunch. "Can we get tacos?" I asked.
"Sure."
••••••

After a long day of, well I don't know, but after a long day we were finally back at home for the day. I was propped up on bed, my foot on the pillows at the end.

"Sissy!" Mason burst through my door. "Sissy, there you are. What happened your foot?"
"I broke it."
"No! How I get my cuddles now?!?"
"You can still get cuddles bubba."
"Oh praise Jesus!"
"Who are you?!?"
"Sason Rae 'Avre- 'Pamnato." He said proudly but I couldn't help but laugh at the way he just butchered his name. He looked at me unamused. (😑) this face for reference.
"I gonna break your other foot." He mumbled and then walked out.

A/N: A nice uplifting chapter for today. Hope you guys enjoyed the humor, well hopefully you found it funny, but I still hope you enjoyed. Enjoy the rest of you day/night.-Shay :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 4.8K 49
Carina Deluca is a single mama to her 10 year old daughter Gabriella. Carina Deluca lived in Seattle for a few years but then had to move back to Ita...
426K 7.7K 61
A Fan fic into the lives and relationship of Danielle Savre and Stefania Spampinato.
44.9K 1.5K 12
It was an important day for Danielle, and somehow it turned out to be the most dreadful one as a certain someone came back into her life after almost...
168K 4.6K 90
Maya and carinas daughter Viviana, suffers from both depression and anxiety, her parents just don't know to what extent until eventually It all becom...