Souls Of The Fateless (FGO x...

By BahamutSilva

Silva, your name, and the only precious thing you remember. Waking from a centuries-long slumber with scatter... More

OC Update/ Character Sheet
Harem/Characters
Additional Characters
*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Holy Grail
Empty Darkness
The Meaning of Being Human
Ignorant Emotions
Dance Number
Tide of Extinction
Picnic Stories
First Mission
Jaguar vs Shinsengumi
Ascension 1 Powers and Abilities
Another Goddess
Temple of Venus
Another Slice of Heaven
Operation: Taming Jaguar (Part 1)
Operation Taming Jaguar (Part 2)
Operation Taming Jaguar (Fin)
Memories Sealed by Land
Departed Souls
Girl Swap
Two Sides, One Coin
Bring Heaven to Hell
Divine Temptations
Illusionary Hero
Battle Like Hell
The Scuffle Against the Third Goddess: Victory Awaits... Who?
Burning Aftermath
Fallen Hero?
The Dragon's Masked Scars That Ran Deep (Trigger Warning)
Escalating Promise
Harbinger Of The End: I
Harbinger Of The End: II
Harbinger Of The End: III
Public Announcement
Harbinger of the End (IV): Silva v. Death
Harbinger of the End (V): Hero's Darkest Hour
Of A Feather
Ever After...What Comes After?
Nobody Voted

Okita's Shinsengumi

694 13 35
By BahamutSilva

"P-Pollux! Holy hell... I haven't seen you-

"Since the Argonaut, yeah. You used to admire the stars the same way back then too even with Castor and me around. It was a dead giveaway, hehe."

"Ugh...Cas...Ca...sto...yeah...him," The toxic dislike in my words was no secret, the vile poison his name summoned sat upon the tip of my tongue as I turned away cursing while Pollux continued laughing.

"Is he here?"

"Not exactly, it's just me. I've never adventured without nii-sama but the abnormal mana flow will only let one of us manifest even though we share the same spirit origin."

"So in a way, he's here in essence. As a bonus, I can also use his abilities in addition to mine."

"I can't imagine your pain...having someone that annoying inhabiting the same soul as you."

"We can switch if you want."

"Oh, no way in hell."

I shook my head pursuing after Pollux in the tame night sky as she circled the clouds to the mountaintop taking in the beauty of the floral landscape.

I watched on curiously as her head tilted side to side in bewilderment of sleeping Melt before glancing at me questioningly with a bizarre look.

"Stealing water deities again, Silva?"

"Quit making me out to be a kidnapper. Besides, you-know-who was a princess."

"True, but you can't deny how similar they look, I'm surprised this wacky spirit origin of hers contains Artemis instead of Sephira."

"...I would've had a more difficult time if it had."

"If I hadn't called out to you who knows what would've happened."

"I forgot you were there. Should've guessed it was you, no one else would use the stars' location to determine an enemy's position."

"Well regardless of how, you still won. Even spared her and did your best to befriend her."

"Subconsciously, I believe everything you've done up till now is because of her uncanny likeness to Sephira."

"Maybe... No that's most likely the case, but I don't want that to be the driving factor for our supposed friendship."

"Aside from having comparable water-based abilities Melt has a kind and fragile heart, but it's cold at the same, just like hers was, as mine still is now."

"Some of the others here, their personalities and actions remind me of friends from back home. It's like I've woken up in a false reality."

"I don't completely get it. The only people you interact with aside from me and Melt recently are Nero and Atta nee-san."

"Not that you should feel terrible about it, but if they evoke nostalgia and feelings of home... why avoid them at all?"

"Because...I don't want to repeat what happened back then."

"It's silly to believe what happened in our first lives could reoccur now... yet it is still possible, no matter how small I refuse to let it trouble the others."

"......What of the trouble it causes you? You're a free-spirited individual, always have been, ironically, however, youre letting your worries bog you down."

"The best way to rid yourself of such worries is to fight them head-on, those were your words, so have faith and follow them, Silva."

Pollux hugged me from behind resembling how a goddess would a follower. Her tiny arms wrapped around my neck as she smiled at me from above.

(Battle my concerns...guess I'll start tomorrow.)

Thinking such thoughts I let the rest of my troubles roll off my shoulders until the light of the next morning.

(Aestus Domus Aurea Amphitheatre)

The following day after cooking breakfast for Meltryllis I found myself sitting atop Nero's amphitheater which sat west on the outskirts of the city.

The building was grandiose in scale and appearance, the sun's rays reflected off the gold spectacularly giving a momentous sight that none would be able to miss.

Despite the boisterous exterior, the inside was quiet, the only two residents of Nero and Okita having not stirred.

I placed myself quietly on the second floor keeping my feet silent and my presence concealed as I adventured into the living quarters after leaving the theatre area.

Almost every building I came across had been modified for recreational use, much different from the weapons I saw during my first tour of the place.

I adventured on all three floors and even deeper inside exploring buildings in the far back.

Passing five busts and statues of Nero I came to an open roof facility with shrubs of roses circling the entire thing.

Stepping inside I could hear mirthful humming and steadily moving water rippling calmly as petals floated on the surface filling the place with a sweet fragrance.

Following the melodious tone leads me to a vast middle opening just past a small steamy haze that slowly parts revealing Nero soaking leisurely in a giant bath surrounded by strewn petals.

Water droplets clung to every inch of her form flowing down until it ran off her left leg which faintly hovered in the air alluringly.

A surge of electricity bolted through my brain, the control in my legs went slack and I landed in the water startling Nero with the tiny splash.

"Why'd you splash me, idiot!" Her voice rang out over the bathhouse trying its best to cover up the cute shriek she let out moments ago.

I popped my head above the surface opposite of her gaze. I spoke calmly shaking my head in contrast to the sudden shock my heart received.

"I wasn't expecting this to be a bathhouse. I didn't know you were here either, wasn't exactly subconsciously seeking out servant responses."

"E-Even so being surprised was outta bounds. We've had baths together before loads of times! Sheesh, screaming like that."

"S-Sure but it's been a few centuries. I was uncertain how you react so I tried leaving in case you'd be uncomfortable."

"Moreover, the shriek escaped from your lips."

".......Dummy, it was you."

Nero swam in circles under the privacy of the water wanting to keep the embarrassment from flushing her cheeks any redder as I managed a tiny peek her direction.

With Riessa making teasing remarks in the back of my mind, I cleared my throat disguising the little amusement I felt.

"Is Okita around?"

Raising enough just to see the green emeralds that were her eyes, I followed Nero's finger that pointed south leaving my friend tossing about in the tub as I patted her head on the way out.

(Training Grounds)

The sound of a blade slicing the wind could be heard miles out.

I entered what looked to be a minuscule arena, the thing was oval-shaped, built entirely of solid rock with two windows constructed on opposing ends.

Clusters of wooden dummies were on the floor earning new slashes within seconds as Okita's sakura hair raced by in rapid blurs.

After a few sophisticated strikes, she sheathed her blade splitting the targets into pieces as a result.

I gave a low whistle from the shadows achieving the eyes of Okita as her look of surprise turned into a smile, waving while I made my way down.

"Silva, what're you doing here?" She ran up joining me on the steps.

"Im struggling with that question myself but I figured I couldn't avoid the truth forever. ......Want to talk......for a bit?"

Okita didn't say a word rather the hinting spark her eyes held speaking volumes as if the day couldn't get any better.

"I've been wanting to speak with you for a while...I wasn't sure we'd ever talk again, you've been doing your best to avoid me...right?"

"Don't feel so bad, I've been doing it to everyone, even one of my best friends."

"It's obvious you mean Nero. .......You said you'd never met me before. I nearly believed those words but the memories I have of us are clear as day."

"I can't be wrong...can I?"

"....At first, I thought so. I had no idea who you were, nevertheless the fact you knew my true name alongside Nero when we met means you're important to me."

"If I had to guess, you likely met one of my clones. Before passing into my deep sleep I created three body doubles with the intent of them helping my friends in battle."

"I hoped when I woke our world would still be there, that everything dear to me would still exist."

"In the end, it seems they couldn't have anybody, and if you're here that means...he couldn't save you either..."

A bleak silence sat between us perfectly accentuating the depressed sigh which escaped my mouth.

The floor enraptured my gaze, I felt ashamed to look at Okita as her soft hands tried their best to draw and hold my eyes to hers.

Alternatively, she moved and pinched my nose shaking my head gently, tenderly, the expression she wore warm and accepting.

"I wouldn't say that. I perished, true but I'm grateful for where I am now. Moreover, you saved me in a unique way."

"Dont feel bad in feeling like you lied, neither should you feel you failed me. Clone or not they talked with your words and emotions...it made for some wonderful moments."

"Now, in this second lifetime, I get to create some with the actual you, even if half of it will be us fighting together."

"Actually..."

"...Why are you looking at me like that?"

Okita paused midsentence removing her blue haori placing it on my shoulders with a satisfied nod.

"Growing up I always wanted you to join the Shinsengumi alongside me, you'd refuse every time saying you wouldn't take orders from Hijikata."

"So, I was thinking why not join with me as lead-

"I'll pass."

"Why!" Okita pouted, shoulders slumped over dejectedly.

"I don't do team's especially those with government ties and influence. I prefer to act free and unhindered."

"You won't even join for me?"

"No."

I placed the jacket back on Okita who in turn threw it back at my face, drawing her weapon she stood facing me with fierce resolve.

"I'm officially challenging you to a duel, here, two hours from now we fight!"

I had a good grasp of her intentions, half-heartedly I returned the glare and the intensity of her aura doubled standing firm.

Redrawing myself my shoulders slumped and I shook my head, "...If this is how you want to settle things fine, I'll amuse you."

-----

The hours had come and left, returning to the agreed-upon spot Okita was waiting patiently sitting with her legs tucked beneath her, hands positioned neatly on top like she was meditating.

Any tension she had remained invisible, grabbing her trusty partner beside her she took a stance, feet meters apart lowering her field of gravity.

"Apsychos," Unnatural colors begin to fog the room, thick ominous clouds formed inside each of them holding symbols of misfortune and insanity, slowly dispersing formless chains dashed about hitting everything but us.

I reached out grasping the weapon as it molded into my signature double-sided blade.

The match was underway, Okita and I circled on the floor studying everything down to each other's breathing.

The gleam of her sword caught my attention as she moved first optimizing both speed and power in her strikes.

Our shadows cast by the dim lights mimicked each other as I answered back each of her strikes with my own, slipping behind her the next moment.

My eyes quickly picked up Okita shifting positions, changing the angle of her feet she flipped overhead glancing down as she followed with a counter-attack.

Sidestepping out of reach I tossed her over my shoulder throwing my weapon in quick coordinated succession.

As predicted Okita casually landed on her feet but the strength with which I threw my weapon left her unable to redirect it.

Her exceptional reflexes helped guard from a direct hit at the cost of her footing. I appeared easily on the right dealing high-paced kicks to her back, right side, and torso.

The attacks disrupted her equilibrium, wobbling unsteadily, walking forward became problematic.

Balancing on the tip of her toes Okita rushed forward appearing to run on air as her feet never touched the ground.

In seconds the pace of our match reached new heights, the sparks from our blades clashing were all that could be seen as we moved at blurring speeds beyond comprehension.

Creating some distance Okita feints my next attack silencing her breathing completely.

She hopped once, twice; after a third hop time in the room exponentially slowed, Okita airborne meters away as her sword flashed forward.

I accumulated the forces of dark and light in my blade preparing to clash head-on...but the moment never came.

Okita's sword fell from her hands with a clang, covering her mouth Okita was reduced to her knees vomiting blood profusely.

The red liquid seeped between her fingers, her features pale blue, pupils blank she blacked out without a word.

"Okita!" I slid to her side confirming she was ok, resting her head on my lap as I tried many different methods of healing.

A short period passed of drowning silence, with a low audible whisper I heard Okita's voice.

"......It happened again...how pathetic...I was hoping......to beat you this one time."

Another cough escaped and she groaned covering her face with her black armband.

"You're not the first. I've never lost a fight, to the death or otherwise. ...Why were you so adamant in challenging me?"

"...It's silly...you'll laugh."

"Maybe, I won't deny it, but I still want to hear if you're willing to share."

With a sigh Okita squirmed in my lap, nestling herself comfortably before she spoke still keeping her expression covered.

"...Things ended like this back then. After I joined the Shinsengumi I asked you to join with me."

"We got into a little disagreement and, you left, disappeared. No goodbyes, not even a letter, like you were wiped from the earth."

"I was scared that if I couldn't get you to join...I wouldn't see you again."

"I know it's wrong asking you to indulge me, but then, and now, I wanted you to say yes...so you wouldn't fight alone anymore; I wanted you to look at me as a partner."

"Pretty silly, isn't it?"

She managed a little laugh trying to sound cheerful but the entirety of it was rifled with sadness, taking a breath I waited until treatment concluded, warmly patting her head.

"Seems no matter how many lifetimes I exist in I'm always making friends worry."

"It'd be wrong for me to laugh at your emotions. I can't reckon why my copy would leave, but I won't leave you again, I won't be the source of your pain a second time."

"......Thanks, for being my other best friend."

No reply comes, simply nodding her head Okita looks away flustered.

I continue patting Okita's head doing my best to show gratitude. Secretly I wave over her haori laying it on her with care.

In the dim lighting of the training arena, swords lying together, their shadows as one I let Okita use me as a pillow until the dead of night long after she recovers.

Even hours after I've left I lie awake recalling my conversations with Pollux and Okita.

The next day I find myself returning to the training grounds Okita hard at work keeping her skills honed.

I walk in watching her from the shadows again until she's finished before I call out.

"I can't ever see myself fighting with the Shinsengumi...but I'll fight under a flag of your making. Just don't expect me to call you captain."

"How long you plan to make me wait, let's see what kinda trouble we find ourselves in today."

Despite facing her back, I could still make it out. Past her sakura-colored hair falling past her shoulder, the edge of her mouth was upturned hinting at a smile.

END

A/N

Okita's Daishouri! Sorry just had to say it, being a tremendous Okita fan and all. Hope you guys enjoyed a somewhat peaceful chapter delving into Silva and Okita's past.

Next time the action picks back up so be expecting something fast-paced!

If you happened to enjoy this chapter leave a comment or like.

Anyway, peace out from author-san I'll see you all next time!

Next: First Mission

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 44
Anomaly. That is the only word that can be used to describe this young man. Forever drifting away, forever bound to no one. This young man was just l...
5.2K 226 11
In the Prisma timeline Shirou Emiya never became a magus. Shirou never went through the fire in Fuyuki City that reforged him. He was just a normal k...
4.2K 98 18
She come from a world where everything was the opposite. Where King Arthur rules had succeeded and the tragedy of Camlan never existed, where legenda...