The New Girl | Draco Malfoy

By lunaismymoon

"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐š ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ '๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ก... More

A New Life / One
Going Home / Two
It's Happening / Three
This Girl / Four
About Myself / Five
First Day / Six
Bloody Pureblood Supremacy / Seven
Who is she? / Eight
A Freak Like You / Nine
She Will / Ten
Just Believe / Eleven
The Goblet Of Fire / Twelve
Cousin? / Thirteen
Avoiding Me / Fourteen
This Is Bad / Fifteen
Better Than Him / Sixteen
A Friendship Was Born / Seventeen
Weird / Eighteen
Home / Nineteen
You Fancy Her / Twenty
That Damn Giggles / Twenty - One
This Will Be Great / Twenty - Two
This Feels Like Home / Twenty - Three
A Big Day / Twenty - Four
It Was Just A Bet / Twenty - Five
Reject Affection / Twenty - Six
Even If You Try / Twenty - Eight
Just Fine / Twenty - Nine
My Girl / Thirty
Obsessed / Thirty - One
The Dark Mark / Thirty - Two
Being Genuine / Thirty - Three
If You Want To / Thirty - Four
Going Sideways / Thirty - Five
A Chance / Thirty - Six
I Know / Thirty - Seven
Let Him Go / Thirty - Eight
At All / Thirty - Nine
No One / Forty
I Always Will / Forty - One
Trapped / Forty - Two
Things Took A Turn / Forty - Three
Do Better / Forty - Four
Freaking Out / Forty - Five
For A Reason / Forty - Six
Through The Mud / Forty - Seven
Single Soul / Forty - Eight
If Only / Forty - Nine
Definitely / Fifty
Suspicious / Fifty - One
Understandable / Fifty - Two
Mahogany Apple / Fifty - Three
All Of It / Fifty - Four
Very Peculiar / Fifty - Five
Take My Own Life / Fifty - Six

Ever Forgive You / Twenty - Seven

40 3 2
By lunaismymoon

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, me and the girls gossiped all about the juicy drama that happened at the ball and didn't sleep all night until 3 AM when I told them to.

It was actually fun and I didn't felt sad at all about what he did. Of course, it took some self control and tried my best not to think about it. 

I was twisting and turning around in my bed while everyone in the room was asleep. I just couldn't stop my mind wander around in this room fill with silence with some soft snores coming from Pansy.

"Everything I've been doing, it was just for a bet. It was just a bet. Nothing was real."

~~~~~~~~~

On Boxing Day, everyone woke up late and tired. But at least I was feeling happy and warm inside and didn't let what Draco did bother me. I let it go and act like it never happened but it doesn't mean I will be forgiving him any time soon. 

It's a distraction but I couldn't care less at this point.

I took a hot shower and put on some warm clothes. I didn't realize it until now I'm looking myself in the mirror; I'm still wearing the necklace that the anonymous person sent me.

It's quite beautiful actually. 

Looks like someone actually fancies me

I sigh at the thought as I look at the necklace reflection in the mirror while I brush my hair and do my make up.

Pansy and Daphne woke up late and groggy like I did. They only get out of their bed when I told them that breakfast will be gone and there will be no coffee.

Works every time.

And at the same time we have been ignoring loads of our homework so we have finish while we're still on Christmas break or we will turn in toads by McGonagall.

At breakfast, it wasn't that hard to ignore Draco even though he was staring at me the whole time, not even touching his food. He was frowning the whole time like I'm gonna turn into a troll any second. 

"Hela, how are you?" Marie came from behind and hug me tight as she asks me but throwing a glare at Draco at the same time.

"I'm feeling better." I hug her back, smiling, "Thanks to these two." I chuckle, nodding at Pansy and Daphne who smile at us before going back to talk to each other. 

"I have some hot tea to spill." I whisper in her ear.

Her eyes widen in surprise and she also whispers in my ears to which I smile back in delight.

"Brilliant, I do too."

"So tell me, what do you have plan for today?" she asks as she sits down next to me in an empty seat.

"Not too much, just have to go to the library with the girls to do some works and study for a bit." I explain as I take out my schedule and checks, "And after that..., nothing. I'm free." I grin as I look at her.

"Brilliant!" her face lit up, "We can meet at our usual spot at the black lake and there," she gets up, taking a sausage from my plate in one hand and flattening her skirt in the other, "you can tell me everything and I will tell you everything." she puts out as she take a bit of the sausage, "Is that okay?"

"It's better than okay." I laugh, "See you soon then." I giggle as she throws another death glance at Draco before walking off, waving her hands at me.

I ate my breakfast quickly before I take off to the library first, telling the girls to come when they're finished cause I can't stand the staring from Draco anymore. I stroll to the library as I talk to the golden trio and Luna along the way since we're all going the same path.

We separate ways when Luna and I have to go to the library and the trio went the other way. I quickly took a seat in the back of the library and said goodbye to Luna before she went off somewhere to find Neville and I started working on a potions essay.

*30 minutes later*

No sign of the girls.

Guess they're not finished yet.

*10 minutes later*

Still nothing.

It almost been an hour but yet still no sign of them. I sigh to myself after finishing most of my work and had pack up everything.

Where the hell are they? Did they forget?

I waited another 10 minutes by reading some more random books that was near me but they still didn't show up so I left the library and went outside the school grounds to meet with Marie.

I walk down to the black lake to see that she wasn't there yet either. I blew out my cheeks as I sit down at our usual spot, breathing in the cold, crispy air while my nose starts to turn red. I can feel my fingertips getting cold and numb as I hold my hand in the air while snowflakes after snowflakes pour all over which I can now make one single snowball out of it.

I smile to myself as I look up the grey but blue sky and look back down to the lake. It's so magical to see and feel shaved ice pouring all over you.

My thoughts were cut off when someone waved a hand in front of my face making me snap back into reality. It was Marie.

Look how the table has turned.

"Are you sure you're okay, Hela?" she asks, her face fills with concern as she sits down beside me, "It doesn't look or seem like it so don't lie more."

I finally gave in and breathe out every tension in my body, "No, I'm actually not." I smile weakly before I scoot near to her and lay my head on her shoulder. She immediately hugs me closer to her, making my hair silver grey like it did last night. 

"I'm just really tired of seeing his face, of thinking all the small "nice" gestures that he did to me, of the memories of those little nervous panicking he has when he's around me," my eyes starts to fill with new warm tears and hearing my sniffs, she held me tighter, now stroking my hair, "his little habit of playing with his rings when he's trying to calm himself down, the turning away or hiding his face when I made him smile or made him blush but I can't help it." my voice breaking almost to a hushed one, "I trusted him, like actually trusted him," I express, wiping my tears, "thinking that he would actually changed and not only that, Theo." I breath in, "He lied to me. This whole time he knew Dra- Malfoy was just "changing" for a bet."

"Now it sounds more like I have attachment issues." I chuckle which Marie joins, "So enough about me, what-"

"Wait, did you just say "for a bet"?" she looks back at me as I pull my head up to look at her and nod, "So this motherfucker did all of this," her hands doing a circular motions, "just for a bet? A BLOODY BET?!"

"You're repeating yourself."

"I don't care! Why didn't you just told me earlier? I could have just kill him in the spot," she grunts as she folds her hands into fists, "with my own bare hands, Hela!" 

I giggle at the expressions on her face and the motions she does with her hands, showing complete frustration.

"It's okay, I'll get over it." I laugh, "Now, calm down." I put a hand on her shoulder, "Tell me your what happened last night after the ball?" I raise one of my eyebrows and chuckles when she starts to get red in the face which I definitely know it's not because of the cold.

"Well after the ball-," she stops herself, giggling uncontrollably and took a deep breath before starting, "Well after I left your common room, he was waiting for me at the entrance of the dungeon." she smiles widely.

I can't help but grin at her behavior when it comes to Cedric.

 "And he ask if you were okay and I said not too sure, blah, blah, blah..." she waves her hands around, "And he held my hand and lead me out to the grounds, well more like we have to slip away quickly before Flitch caught us and it was snowing so much and me wearing a not so thick fabric dress," she smirks, "he gave me his dress coat." she squeals like a child.

"And?!"

"And we walk to the black lake to..." she trails off as she looks away to find something, "There." she points at a tree, a willow tree, "We walk right up to there... it's like our legs took us there, so we sit down under it and talk for a while." still looking at the tree as if she was recalling the memories in details, "He held my hands tight in between his own and finally said the words." she touches her hand to her heart as she turns to face me.

"No way!" I gasp in shock, "He said it first?!" 

She nods, grinning widely.

My mouth gape open in surprise, jolting my body up in lighting shock, pulling Marie with me as I go, squealing in joy.

"This is you lots turning page!"

But our excitements were quieted down when someone threw snowballs right at our backs. We find that someone to be Fred Weasley and his other twin, George Weasley, laughing hard as they look at the sight of our faces. 

We grin evilly, turning to face each other as we take a four handfuls of snow and throw as hard as we can.

It hits them right on their faces.

"Oi! Game on then!" both of them shout in unison.

I laugh warmly as we start to play snowball fight and soon after some other students too start to join us.

After an hour of playing, we all got tired and my hands were frozen as ice.

Damn me for not wearing gloves.

George notices this and handed me his gloves but I denied but he put them on me anyways. I checked my watch to see it's already 12. I thanked and promised him that I will give them back, saying goodbye to them and Marie before heading off inside to the common room.

When I got there, I saw the group spread around the room studying. 

Without me.

Their heads turn to me as I slowly walk to them.

Pansy quickly gets up from her seat, ready to explain but I held a hand in front of her before she can even open her mouth.

"Save it, it's fine. None of you wanted me here anyways," I state coldly, "I don't need an explanation." I add looking right at Pansy.

"It's not like that." Theo says as he also stands up.

"Really, liar? Then how did you forget to tell me, your own friend, that we were going to study together?" I look straight into his eyes waiting for an answer but none of them spoke. "SEE! It is like that." I say as I look around the room to see all of them avoiding my eyes, including Draco.

I scoff lightly before going upstairs to put my bag and to take my own gloves out of my trunk. I immediately head out the door and quickly walk out the common room before anyone asks me anything or stop me.

I didn't feel like eating lunch with them so I went ahead and sit at the Gryffindor table with Marie and the twins. They invited me when they saw me sitting alone and at the same time, I do have to give George his gloves back.

Looks like today went well but had a slight bump along the way, I guess.

~~~~~~~~~

DRACO'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear the wall open and someone walk in slowly to us. We all look up to see Hela, hurt plastered on her face.

Shit, we forgot to tell her that we're going to study together.

She got out of the hall rather early than us but before she did, she told the girls to come to the library after they're done but looks like they forgot about that too.

"Save it, it's fine." she states coldly, putting a hand in front of Parkinson's face who was just about to explain. "I don't need an explanation." throwing daggers into her eyes.

"It's not like that, Hela." Theo pleads as he stands up.

She tuts. 

"Really, liar?"

And I can see his face broke into confusion and then regret, remembering what he had did.

"Then how did you forget to tell me, your own friend that we were going to study together?" raising her eyebrows, waiting for an answer but we were too caught up finding a reason.

"SEE! It is like that," she snaps.

Her hair softly turning red as she turns to Parkinson, "And I waited 2 hours for you two to show up." she points at her and Greengrass, her voice harsh with disappointment, "Not only you two forgot about me but everyone did!"

She turns around and stomps up the stairs to her dorm and come back down, quickly walk out the common room in a blink of an eye. We all stare at each other in silence frowning.

"I think we should apologize to her now or before dinner." I say causing everyone look at me in shock.

"Coming from a git who didn't just hurt her yesterday?" Greengrass scoffs, snapping her book close with a loud noise.

"Ye-" 

I gave in. I have no right to be angry at anyone right or pick fights with them. 

"Yeah." I hesitate.

"Okay then." Theo sighs, "That's the least what we can do. Now let's go to lunch, we might meet her there." he adds as he starts to pack up.

Everyone including me starts to copy him and put our bags in our dorms before going to the hall. But when we got there, she wasn't sitting in her usual spot.

"Where did she go? She has to be here." Crabbe hisses as we all looks around while going to the spot where we usually sits at.

"There." 

Blaise points to the Gryffindor table as he sits down across me. 

I turn around to see that she was sitting with Moon and her friends, smiling as she eats her lunch.

She didn't even notice us coming in or maybe she just pretended that she didn't see us. She didn't even look at us once the whole day. She was hanging out with the Potter group all day until after dinner. She was laughing and snorting all day with them.

Before the day ends, everyone has apologized to her... expect me. I was just anxious to talk to her since yesterday with what I did and I reckon she doesn't want anything to do with me either which is totally understandable.

When I got the common room late at night after trying my best to contain my anxiety in the library, I see her sitting on one of the couch reading and making notes.

Her eyes fixed between the books. Her lips curled as she concentrates. Her lips muttering words as she writes. Her front pieces of hair kept getting in the way of her eyes but at last put it again into a bun quickly which became messy.

I instantly remember the time when we had a potion project together, when those front pieces kept annoying her.

I chuckled silently to myself by that memory. I looked at her again to see her still concentrating until...

"Are you just gonna stand there all night?" she speaks coldly, not looking at me.

"Uhh... not a-actually." I stutter again, mentally slapping myself.

Why do I always stutter when I talk to her? That's the type of power she hold onto me? Bloody hell..

"Well sit down." she states, nodding at the couch in front of her.

"Yeah.. sure." I slowly walk to the couch, stumbling a bit as I sit.

I look to see her still studying.
She looks beautiful...

Umm what no, I'm here to apologize to her! Not to compliment her.

I clear my throat nervously as I look to see her smirking softly.

She really is enjoying reading my mind right now.

"Do you have something to say, Draco?" she exhales the breath she's been holding softly, still not looking up.

We're at the first name term again.

I clear my throat once again and speak clearly. 

"Yes I do, Hela." I say, rubbing my hands together. "I'm sorry about today. We didn't mean to forget you. We were just too bus-" I stop as she held her hand up.

"It's enough words from you." she states as she closes one of the books on her lap with a sharp snap, "I wasn't mad at anyone, I'm just disappointed." she went on, putting her books in her bag, "I'm just disappointed at the fact that you guys, my own best friends, forgot about me." she expresses, still not looking up at me.

"I forgive you all, don't worry." She finally looks up; meeting my eyes. 

"Just don't do it next time."

"Yes, we won't." I say quickly, trying not to stutter.

I was just about to ask her if she could forgive me about the bet situation but before I even open my mouth to speak-

"No, I'm not going to ever forgive you for that." she says clearly and loudly enough for me to hear. "I already said it once, I'm not gonna say it twice." she warns innocently as she packs up her things, "So don't think about pushing it again or things will get more worse. This will be the last conversation we'll have about that situation so don't plead about it again. I'm going to bed now." she sighs as she gets up from her seat, causing me to get up.

She looked at me with a confused face before rolling her eyes and walks off to the girls' dormitory.

"Git." she mutters and head upstairs, leaving me alone in the common room.

"Goodnight."

"Yeah, whatever."

Guess I got what I deserves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tired.

vote/ comment/ share <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 13.9K 51
I highly recommend reading the rewrite, which is still in the process of being updated, if you want a more mature, 3rd person perspective on this boo...
121K 5K 22
Draco Malfoy is a womaniser. He never cares for the girls that he messes around - doesn't blink an eye when they confess their love for him, never fl...
1.5K 13 76
Infatuation is never a good thing, especially for newly found deatheater, Draco Malfoy. Feelings of any sort, for any one, would only put his heart a...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...