Life Gives Second Chances: A...

By shay_kam

Andi. A teenager who just wants to live life normal. But obviously high school has to be the rough path of li... More

Chapter 1: First Day Back
Chapter 2: Not This Again
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Bullies
Chapter 5: I'll Try Tomorrow
Chapter 6: The Next Day
Chapter 7: Back to School
Chapter 8: Date Night
Chapter 9: Party
Chapter 10: Reminiscing
Chapter 11: Contemplating
Chapter 12: The New Girl
Chapter 13: Hanging Out
Chapter 14: Troubling Waters
Chapter 15: The Talk
Chapter 16: Date Night
Chapter 17: Date Night Pt.2
Chapter 18: The Breaking Point
Chapter 19: Hidden
Chapter 20: Dinner
Chapter 21: Early Gifts
Chapter 22: Sweet 16!
Chapter 23: Sweet 16! Pt.2
Chapter 24: Something Is Wrong
Chapter 25: Diagnosis
Chapter 26: Recovery: Day 1
Chapter 27: Going Home
Chapter 28: Friday
Chapter 29:Winter Wonderland
Chapter 30: Be Mine
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: Babysitting
Chapter 33: Sick
Chapter 34: You Will Be Missed
Chapter 35: Losing It
Chapter 36: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 37: Hot
Chapter 38: Confrontation
Chapter 40: Valentines Day
Chapter 41: Babysitting pt.2
Chapter 42: Revaluating
Chatper 43: Before the End
The End.
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 39: Mind Refresh

699 36 21
By shay_kam

•last chapter was beyond trash lawd😭•
•didn't proof read :P•

Saturday February 12th

It had been a week since the overbearing outbreak between the two girls. They were once again on rocky terms. Three messages a day terms. Today was a fairly nice day outside. Andi decided to take a day to herself. She woke up and then went downstairs for breakfast.

Of course there was no one else awake this morning. It was only 7:26 this morning and her family was not early risers. Andi has just decided to make an açaí bowl for breakfast so she got to blending. Mangos, raspberries, and some random fruit she found in the freezer.

"Sissy?" Mason asked as he came down the stairs rubbing his eyes. "What you doing?"
"Making breakfast." She chuckled.
"Why so loud?"
"Because I'm using the blender."
He walked over to the part in the kitchen she was at. "Smoothie?" He asked tilting his head to the side.
"Yea, kinda. Want some?"
"No. Icky. I want waffles and cream!!"
"Waffles and whipped cream?"
"Pwease?" He said with those big blue orbs of his.
"Fine."

After the both of them making breakfast, they sat down and ate together. Andi's phone pinged and it was a message from Drew.

My love <3

good morning buba <3

morning love <3

what are you doing today??

Probably going out shopping or something, why??

is it ok if I come??
I just kinda want to talk,
if that's ok.

ofc. I can walk to your house to get you or something.

If you want to. Doesn't matter to me.

Ok. I'll be there in a few

Sounds good. :)

<3

<3

Andi finished eating and cleaned up the kitchen from her and Mason's mess. "Sissy!!" He yelled from the living room. "Bubba!!" She said in the same tone of voice as him.
"Cuddles!!"
"I can't right now. I have to get ready."
"Just for little while?"
"Five minutes, ok?"
"10?"
"Five."
"Eight?"
"Five."
"Oh come on! Who's more important than me?" He pouted.
"10. Ok?"
"Okay!"

(Don't play with Mason bout his cuddles😤🤚🏾 but back to the story hehe)

They both sat on the couch and cuddled for a bit as they watched Toy Story. Then Andi decided to go get dressed. She just wore a pair of light colored ripped jeans with a hoodie and her favorite pair of Vans. Brushing her curls out and then she was on her way, but first knocking on her parents for to let them know she was leaving.

"Mom?! Mommy?!" She knocked again. No answer so she slowly opened the door. And of course they were both still asleep. "Bambina what are you doing?" Stefania muffled out from the pillow.
"I'm going out today. Just wanted to let you know before I left." She said standing at the foot of the bed.

"When will you be back?"
"I don't know. No later than 4, for sure."
"Ok. Do you need money or anything?"
"No."
"Is Mason awake?"
"Yes."
"Has he ate?"
"Yes. Waffles and whipped cream."
"Have you eaten?"
"Yes."
"Alright. Leave the door open for your brother."
"Ok. Bye. Love you."
"I love you too."

She walked out their room, leaving the door slightly open just in case Mason was to need something. Andi then sent a quick message to Drew telling her she'll be there shortly. "Bye Mason!"
"Wait!!" He said and ran towards her. "You no give me my kiss!"
Andi picked him up and gave him a small peck on his cheek and which he happily returned. "Now you go!"
"Ok." She chuckled and put him down.

(He don't play about those kisses either 😤🤚🏾. Don't you mess with my Mason🤺🤺)

Andi waited outside her girlfriends house as the light breeze blew through her. She nervously tapped her finger against her thigh. Soon enough her girlfriend came walking out the house. "Hi!" Drew cheered.
"Hi!" Andi said in the same tone and snuck a kiss from her.
"Wasn't expecting that." Drew said as a smile crept upon her face.
"I like surprises hehe."

The two of them embarked on their journey to the downtown area close by. It was a silent yet comfortable walk. They held hands, stole small kisses from each other, and chuckled every once in a while. "You never told me where we're going."
"I was going to the book store because there's a book I've been wanting and then maybe the bakery. I really don't know. Is there anywhere you need to go?"

"Nope, not really. I did want to talk though. If that's ok."

"I know you're gonna apologize so you don't have too."

"But I want too."

"Nope. We both were just scared. I was scared that you found out and I guess you were scared of...I don't know what you were scared of actually."

"I don't want you doing the same thing I did, you know."

"What you mean?"

Drew stopped and rolled down her sleeves from her shoulder. "Look." Andi examined all the cuts that trailed from her upper arm and when she pulled her shirt up from the bottoms there were cuts that trailed from just under her arm to the middle just under her rib cage.

"These are really, old. Like 4 years maybe old. But they're still visible. That was when my mom had just started getting sick and I tried my best to make sure she was ok. Along with that everyone at my school that hated me was kind of wishing upon my moms death, you know. So the pressure got to me and I started doing that. I felt like I was letting my mom down because she kept getting sick and then the kids, it was just very overwhelming. Alex was the one who actually cared and would check up on me everyday. If it wasn't for him I probably would be buried right next to my mom."

There was a slight pause between the two of them. Drew's breath was shaky and Andi just felt absolute horrible for her.

"That's why I was scared. I don't want you to lose yourself like I did. And even though it's just your forearm for now it could expand. Your wrist, thighs, literally any piece of skin that you own. So I want to be the Alex to you. I care about you. And I know your moms do too, and Mason. And even though Kaylee, Izzy, and Kamryn still haven't talked to you they care about you too. I'm sorry for overreacting as pressing you into telling me and for hurting you when I grabbed. That was wrong and I would understand if you didn't want to talk anymore."

"Who said that?"

"I don't know. My brain. Your texts they just seem like you don't want to be you know, girlfriends anymore and even that was the case I'll still be by your side."

"I never wanted to end what we have. I love you Drew. I love you more than anything."

"I love you too."

(AHAHAJAJAJA IM A HOPELESS ROMANTIC!! ME AND SOMEONES DAUGHTER, WHEN??🥲)

They pulled each other into a long kiss and pulled away when air became a problem. They looked into each other's eyes and that spark was there. "Let's go get some books, shall we??"
"I think we shall."

They both walked into the book store and there was a barely anyone there. "Alessandra!!" Said Jonny, the man that worked there. "Long time no see. How are you?"
"I'm good Jon, you?"
"Oh I'm making it work. And who is this lovely lady?"
"Drew." She introduced yourself.
"Hi Drew. I'm Jonny." The both shook hands and smiled.
"How's the family going?" Andi asked as she started to wonder off into the isles.

"Got a new little bean not to long ago. Michael and Emma love her." Jonny and his wife fostered and would even adopt children. Michael and Emma was their adopted daughter and son.
"That's nice."
"Yep! Well you girls look around and I'll be in the back. Holler when you need me!"

"He seems nice."
"He's amazing. Known him since I was Masons age."
"Wow."

Throughout the many hours they were there, they looked through all types of books. Andi was desperately looking for one book but they didn't have it in stock so she felt defeated about that. But she did pick out some other recommendations from other people. The both of them spent about $130 at the store with the totals combined. Can you guess who bought more?

After the book store they decided to go get food and then go to the park for a bit. At the park they ate and laid against each other as they cracked open a new book. The sunset soon came and gone and of course they also watched it together. But before it go to dark, they had to go ahead and walk back home.

"Today was fun. I'm glad we got things situated." Andi said as they stood in front of Drew's house. "Me too. I love you."
"I love you more."
"Not possible."
"Yes possible."
"Equal?"
"Fine." She pouted. Drew placed a kiss on her lips and Andi returned one back.

Once Andi made it home she rushed upstairs to put her stuff away and then walked in brothers to give him, his stuff as well. "Thank you sissy!" He ran over to give her a hug. "Your welcome." She actually got him some superhero books and outfits from the book store.

"I thought you said before 4 o'clock missy." Dani joked as she was finishing up diner.
"We got a little carried away."
"Who is we?" Stefania quickly turned her around.
"Me and Drew. She asked if she could come and she did and we talked about some things and got everything situated. Like adults this time and not children." She said with a proud little smile.
"I'm proud of y'all."
"Thank you."
"Imma go shower now."

And with that she made her way upstairs, with a smile on her face of course.

A/N: Finally updated!! I hope you guys enjoyed it and thank you for being so patient with me. Writers block is a pain in the ass but I really hope you guys enjoyed. And enjoy the rest of your day/night - Shay:)

*My babies are growing up so fast 😭🤚🏾*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 9K 69
Chief Ripley gives nineteen another chance with the PRT, Carina and Warren work closely together to save the lives of everyone possible, but with fre...
184K 4.8K 49
Carina Deluca is a single mama to her 10 year old daughter Gabriella. Carina Deluca lived in Seattle for a few years but then had to move back to Ita...
41.7K 980 39
just one-shots of stefania and danielle/maya and carina
168K 4.6K 90
Maya and carinas daughter Viviana, suffers from both depression and anxiety, her parents just don't know to what extent until eventually It all becom...