Blood Siren

By LileahWest

Mindlessly, my hand reached up from beside me, my fingertips begging for just a touch. My hands craved to fee... More

π’œπ“Šπ“‰π’½π‘œπ“‡'π“ˆ π’©π‘œπ“‰π‘’
π‘ͺπ’π’‘π’šπ’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• - 𝑨𝒍𝒍 π‘Ήπ’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•π’” 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅
π‘·π’“π’†π’—π’Šπ’†π’˜
β„™π•£π• π•π• π•˜π•¦π•–
πŸ™ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Šπ•™π• π•£π•₯ π•Šπ•₯𝕣𝕒𝕨
𝟚 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•ƒπ•šπ•π•ͺ
πŸ› - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕦𝕑
𝟜 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 β„™π• π•–π•ž
𝟝 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℍπ•ͺπ•‘π• π•”π•£π•šπ•₯𝕖
𝟞 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 ℙ𝕝𝕦π•₯𝕠 π•’π•Ÿπ•• π”»π•£π•’π•˜π• π•Ÿπ•—π•π•ͺ
𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 𝕒 π”Ήπ•π•¦π•€π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•ƒπ•¦π•Ÿπ•’
𝟠 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•π•’π•”π•œ β„‚π• π•Ÿπ•§π•–π•£π•€π•–
𝟑 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•π•’π•Ÿπ•œπ•–π•₯ β„‚π•’π•”π•”π• π• π•Ÿ
πŸ™πŸ˜ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 β„€π• π•žπ•“π•šπ•–
πŸ™πŸ™ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕠𝕠𝕝
πŸ™πŸš - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•π• π•£π••π•’π•Ÿ'𝕀 π•Šπ•’π•šπ•π• π•£ 𝕄𝕠𝕦π•₯𝕙
πŸ™πŸ› - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π”Ήπ•šπ•₯π•₯𝕖𝕣𝕀𝕨𝕖𝕖π•₯ π•Šπ•šπ•π•–π•Ÿπ•”π•–
πŸ™πŸœ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕓
πŸ™πŸ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Όπ•žπ•‘π•₯π•ͺ π•Šπ•‘π•’π•”π•–
πŸ™πŸž - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– 𝕋𝕙𝕒π•₯ 𝔾𝕠π•₯ 𝔸𝕨𝕒π•ͺ
πŸ™πŸŸ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 β„•π•–π•”π•œπ•π•’π•”π•–
πŸ™πŸ  - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•„π•šπ•π•œπ•€π•™π•’π•œπ•–
πŸπŸ— - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑢𝒏𝒆 π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓼
𝟚𝟘 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓π•ͺ𝕖
πŸšπŸ™ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Žπ• π•žπ•’π•Ÿ
πŸšπŸ› - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•Žπ•™π•–π•£π•– π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕦π•₯𝕙 β„‚π• π•žπ•–π•€ 𝕆𝕦π•₯
𝟚𝟜 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 β„™π•šπ•–
𝟚𝟝 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•Šπ•™π•’π•£π•‘π•€π•™π• π• π•₯𝕖𝕣𝕀 π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•ƒπ•’π•Ÿπ•”π•–π•£π•€
𝟚𝟞 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π”»π•£π•–π•’π•žπ•€ π•’π•Ÿπ•• β„•π•šπ•˜π•™π•₯π•žπ•’π•£π•–π•€
𝟚𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•šπ•£π•₯𝕙𝕕𝕒π•ͺ
𝟚𝟠 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•Žπ•™π•–π•£π•– π•π• π•™π•Ÿπ•Ÿπ•ͺ π”½π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•€ 𝕆𝕦π•₯

𝟚𝟚 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•‹π•£π•’π•šπ•₯𝕠𝕣

10 0 0
By LileahWest

~•~

~•~

I paced up and down the floor of my room with my hands on my head, my heart pumping nervously and my mind overwhelmed with hundreds of possibilities and outcomes.

"Amongst his pack is a traitor. You've encountered this man, might've had a couple of discrepancies with him already. You know who it is, you just have to put the puzzle pieces together."

Ambrosia's voice replayed in my head as I recalled the conversation we had yesterday. I hit my hand against my forehead, trying to remember every detail of my stay on my mate's territory.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I asked her in irritation.

"Your future is determined by the choices you make. I cannot make your choice for you, I can only influence the course of your decision."

I need to warn them.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, Gray." I said, hitting my head in frustration. My brain couldn't rack up a single negative moment I had spent at my mate's territory, recalling only the many good memories I had made with the boys, my mate, and the many other wonderful people I had met there.

Just as the leaves of the willow tree parted for me to make my trip back to the territory, she called my name. I looked back at the woman with a raised eyebrow, the moon only intensifying the look on her face.

"This traitor is with them." Ambrosia said referencing the group of enemies I had, whose sole purpose was to harness the power I had been cursed with. The same group of people who had left me lily flowers to taunt me and the same group of people who slaughtered the innocent girl back at my mate's pack.

I sat on my bed, anxiously bouncing my leg as I tried to rack my brain for an answer. Faces flashed through my mind as I tried to recall every moment I had spent with my mate's pack members.

Layla. No.
Colin. No.
Aston. No.
The boys. No.
My mate. No. No. No.

I threw myself back into the bed, letting out a groan of frustration.

Do you remember anything out of the ordinary? I asked my wolf desperately.

No. She replied regretfully. Let's just run through everything one by one, okay?

I sighed, nodding my head slowly as I shut my eyes, trying to put together a timeline of events that had happened and who I encountered.

Narrow it down to scuffles you might've had with someone. My wolf said.

"I've only had one or two bad run-ins with someone at my mate's pack-"

I paused mid-sentence, my eyes widening as I shot up, realization washing over me.

In his hand lay the one thing I had seen dozens of times before. The same thing that had taunted me to no end.

A damn lily flower.

Zaine's eyes snapped up to me, anger replacing the grief as he crumbled the retched flower in his hand.

"You." He hissed, before suddenly launching towards me. My mate immediately shoved me backward, my body landing against Tyler as Caleb shoved Zaine to the floor. "It's your fault, it's all your fault." He shouted at the top of his lungs, his strained neck turning red as he looked at me with pure hatred in his eyes.

"How did he know?" I breathed out. "He knew what the lily flower meant. Even the boys don't know about that. Just me and them."

I stood up quickly, eyes wide and mind still reeling as I tried to think of what my next step was.

I need to warn them.

I immediately sprung into action, rushing throughout the room I had occupied for the past couple of months and grabbing everything I'd need to make a trip to my mate's territory.

I'm seeing them again.

Some of my belongings clattered to the floor as my trembling hands tried to gather them into my backpack. Not only was I going to see the boys again, but I was also going to see my mate again.

They probably hate me for leaving. I left them without an explanation and without a single word. They hate me.

But I still need to warn them.

My heart pounded wildly in my chest, an overwhelming contradiction of excitement and anxiety drowning out the million thoughts running through my head. I quickly shoved my shoes and socks into my backpack, tying my clothes around my ankle before shoving my loose bag over my shoulders.

I turned off the light in the room, carefully opening my Mom's window before jumping out and shifting midair.

My wolf's large paws hit the ground, steadying my fall as she sprung into action, running quickly through the territory to head in the direction of civilization. As I ran, I shot a look back at the territory as a silent promise to return and not abandon it again.

I passed by the houses of my fallen pack members, passed the old jungle gym I used to play on, and passed the fountain our previous generations had built for us. I hoped I'd one day see this place again, though deep down I had a feeling I wouldn't.

The sun shone down on my wolf as she ran into the forest, halting her speed slightly to maneuver around trees and rocks more effectively.

We were just about to reach the road when suddenly something large and strong crashed into us, sending us flying backward with a surprised yelp.

My wolf went to make a quick move and fight against the unknown force, only to whimper as a collar was forced around her neck, and ropes that burned her skin tied her large paws together. My wolf let out a whimper at the wolfsbane that dug into her skin, the burning feeling nearly excruciating, but luckily this wasn't our first encounter with it.

Unable to move, I looked around as best as I could, my eyes studying the people around me, most were pointing guns at me, ready to fire when instructed to. Others were keeping watch or holding other weapons up at me. I counted in total a few dozen people, all ranging from late teens to early '50s, armed with guns, bows and arrows, and even spears, though I remained calm and collected as I tried to think of a way to get out of this as quickly as I could.

"Well, well."

A chillingly cold voice spoke amongst the chaos, making all the noise from my captor cease. My eyes landed on an older-looking woman who walked up to me, green eyes grinning down at me mischievously. My wolf growled at her, immediately getting the feeling that this woman was not of good nature. I suppose the electric collar muting my ability and wolfsbane-soaked ropes should've been a giveaway but I guess I just never learn my lesson. "And so it begins."

The woman knelt down before me, blonde hair blowing against the wind as I growled at her, snapping my jaw at her only to get an electric shock in return. I whimpered loudly, my body twisting in its confined space as the pain nipped at my skin.

"You've been a hard girl to track down, Ms. Woods."

My wolf once again snapped her jaws at the woman, the electric shock once again striking my body leaving me breathless against the restraints.

You okay? I asked my wolf in concern, knowing I haven't shifted in a while and that my wolf form wasn't at its strongest at the moment.

I can take it. She confirmed, making me nod internally.

We'll do it together.

My wolf let out another growl as the woman leaned closer, petting her fur softly. Rage coursed through my wolf as she tugged against the restraints and bit at the woman's hand, only missing her by a hair. The electricity this time was of high voltage, making my wolf's cry echo throughout the crowded clearing.

The woman glared down at me, holding her hand to her chest. "You're going to regret that Ms. Woods." She glared at me for a couple of seconds, as if tempted to leash more hell on me, but she instead let out a sigh and chuckled.

"You probably already know why we're here." She continued, standing straighter with a cold look on her face. "My name is Mara." She paused for a couple of seconds, analyzing the situation I was stuck in with chillingly excited eyes.

"Take her collar off."

In seconds men had come to remove the collar from my wolf's neck. As soon as they had, my wolf snapped her jaw at the closest assailant, only missing by an inch as they tugged at the ropes harshly, forcing me back into the confined space.

"Shift."

My wolf looked at the woman with a deadly glare, silently promising that this encounter would end with her on the ground and us walking away.

Over my dead body. My wolf hissed. You'll die in minutes.

They don't want to kill me. I reasoned. But I don't doubt that they have horrid things planned.

Which is why you should let me stay in control. She argued.

If we don't cooperate then something worst will happen.

At my words, my wolf angrily made a move to snap her jaw and rip off the woman's head but was stopped with another violent tug of the wolfsbane ropes. After a few moments, I decided that we had no other choice than to give in. Even though my wolf was not happy about my decision.

Envisioning my human form, I felt my body slowly shift, my bones compacting and bare skin replacing my wolf's black fur. Wind blew against the bare skin on my body, my hands immediately flying down to my ankle so I could throw on the oversized shirt I stole from Lance and a pair of spandex I got from my old room. Whistles echoed around me as I felt the sickly eyes of the males stare at my now-clothed body, a wave of nausea washed over me in an instant.

Disgusting pigs. My wolf growled.

As soon as I finished putting on my shorts, my hands were once again taken and adjusted by the even tighter ropes, another shock collar being placed around my neck before I could even blink.

Mara grabbed my chin roughly, making me look her in the eyes as she smirked down at me. "He's going to have so much fun with you."

I sneered at her angrily, my eyes narrowed into slits. "I will kill you."

Mara fake pouted at me before letting out a chilling laugh, her hand once again grabbing my chin, though this time her fingers adjusted so that she was squeezing my cheeks together, forcefully making my lips pucker. She chuckled down at the helplessness in my eyes, looking down at my lips with a smirk.

"Such a beauty." She said, running her thumb over my bottom lip. "He only said to bring you back in one piece, never said anything about roughing you up a little."

She stepped away from me, leaving my chest heaving as a small wave of relief washed over me. My small victory was short-lived as she motioned for a younger man to step up beside her. The man looked to be around my age, with dirty blonde hair and a sadistic look in his brown eyes.

I tugged at the ropes that had my hands tied behind my back. The wolfsbane burned my skin, but I was too dead set on trying to escape from what I knew was about to happen.

"Go Draven."

Please no.

I let out a sob as he stepped forward, grabbing me by my shirt and pushing me into a nearby tree. His hands immediately settled on my waist, running them up and down my curves as my eyes burned with tears, a scream ripping through my throat as I tried to fight against his grip.

But I was helpless.

His hands slipped beneath my tee-shirt, roughly gripping my hips as I sobbed, trying to push him away from me. His head dipped, digging his nose into my hair as he inhaled my scent, his lips finding the left side of my neck and beginning to lay rough kisses on my bare skin. A scream of absolute horror left my lips as I did everything to fight against his grip, kicking my legs, trying to pull my hands from the restraints, but he was too strong.

And I was too weak.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I stood helplessly thrashing against the tree, his hands creeping up my waist and getting closer to touching my bare breast. Nausea overwhelmed my body, accompanied by the paralyzing fear that I was about to be forcefully taken over. My body was no longer about to be mine.

Just as both hands roughly grabbed my breasts, his body was ripped off of me, leaving me sobbing weakly. I quickly blinked away my tears, a wave of familiar scents overwhelming my senses as a crowd of people suddenly ambushed the area, holding my captors at mercy. I felt the restraints get ripped from my body, the release leaving me crumbling weakly to the ground. Suddenly, the most comforting and familiar smell filled my senses.

I felt him before I saw him, the sudden feel of his strong hold on my body, scooping me up bridal style and cradling me to his chest. His touch lit my skin ablaze, a feeling I haven't felt since I left, reviving in me a fire I hadn't known died.

And then I looked up to see his face looking down at mine, warm brown eyes full of worry. I felt like I was starstruck as if a dream had come true right before my eyes.

He's here. I thought to myself in disbelief.

He's here.

Moments passed, my mind still taking him in and processing the fact that he was real, not just a desperate illusion I had made to fulfill the deprivation of his absence.

As soon as our eyes met, the emotional reunion was immediately too overbearing for me to handle. I could feel our souls reuniting in a blissful embrace, dancing around the burrows of where my shattered heart had once lain. There were a million things to say yet not a single word that could describe the bittersweet sensation of reuniting with the love I had lost twice and found again.

He was as handsome as ever, his eyes bringing the same everlasting sense of comfort that I had been desperate for since I left. He looked so different yet so familiar, making me grip his shirt as I desperately clung to his body.

His hair was a bit longer, and dark circles hung low beneath his eyes. There was a hardness in his demeanor that I didn't recognize until he looked into my eyes and was stripped bare of any wall he had attempted to put up with me. Just as before, we were left vulnerable to each other despite our efforts not to be.

His hands gently held my face just as I had dreamed of him doing every night for 60 days, the gentle pads of his fingertips wiping my tears as he held me to his chest tightly. My shaking hands gripped his shirt as if he was the lifeline holding me steady, his hands holding me with just as much desperation.

He's here.

I was so wrapped up in seeing my mate, that I hadn't remembered the situation that brought us here. I also hadn't realized that Caleb was talking to me until I looked down at his perfect lips, his voice finally registering in my head.

"Gray, speak to me." I heard him say worriedly. "Give me a verbal confirmation that you're okay."

I snapped myself out of staring at him, my eyes looking around at the newfound faces surrounding us. Tyler was standing above the boy, Draven, who had touched me just seconds ago, his hands tied behind his back and his face covered in blood and bruises. Seeing Tyler for the first time in so long had tears welling in my eyes. He looked back at me with just as much bittersweet relief as I was feeling.

"I-I'm okay." I breathed out, still hiccuping slightly. My mate slowly helped me stand up, though my trembling legs still proved to make it difficult.

My eyes continued to scour the mix of unfamiliar and familiar faces, my mate's pack members still holding my captors at their knees. Amongst the sea of familiar faces, I spotted Johnny as well, looking at me with eyes that held a mixture of sadness and relief. I gave him a teary smile, a breath of relief escaping my lips as he returned it.

My mate motioned Johnny over with a nod of his head, my best friend immediately following without question. Caleb looked at me for a couple of seconds in concern, eyes wandering my face and checking my arms and legs for any bruises. His eyebrows furrowed at the angry tears in my skin and burns I had from the wolfsbane ropes. He stepped aside to allow Johnny to take his place before storming away and marching towards the asshole still lying bloodied on the floor. Johnny pulled me into a tight hug, my arms wounding around him with just as much need for his comfort.

"I'll kill that motherfucker." Johnny mumbled angrily while holding me protectively against his chest. I relished in the feeling of safety, clinging to him desperately as the memory of Draven's sickening hands on my body played endlessly in my head.

"You are interfering with something you don't understand, boy." Mara spoke up with a smirk on her face.

"Shut up." The boy behind her spat, shoving her to the ground with multiple spears pointed down at her. She simply let out a sarcastic laugh.

"You guys are protecting a force you can't even begin to understand." She said, her eyes finding mine as a small smirk crept onto her lips. "None of you know the first thing about her-"

"Shut the hell up." A familiar voice growled. I tiptoed to peer over Johnny's shoulder a bit more, being met with the shocking sight of Sherri standing above Mara, her boot print fresh on the woman's pale face. Mara spit out a little blood, glaring up at Sherri.

Another commotion suddenly began behind me, making me pull back slightly from Johnny and look towards my mate, who had Draven held against the tree by his neck. Draven made a choking sound, only making Caleb tighten his grip around his neck. A few seconds passed in tense silence, my heart pounding with anxiety about what was going to happen next.

"Let me tell you what's going to happen." Caleb said, voice low and deadly calm as he looked Draven straight in the eye.

"I'm going to fucking kill you."

The tension following was thick, the silence in the air nearly suffocating.

"I'm not just gonna break you." Caleb leaned a little closer, the rage in his eyes as clear as day. "I'm going to shatter you."

"I'm going to make you regret ever touching a single hair on her precious head." Draven spluttered out more blood as Caleb slammed him into the tree once more. "Did you feel like the man? Having a girl half your size tied up, unable to move, unable to fight you off. Did you feel powerful?" Draven cried out as Caleb slammed him into the tree again. "Well, let me tell you something."

"That's not power. That's cowardice." Caleb growled. "This is power."

A sudden deafening crack echoed throughout the clearing as Caleb took Draven's elbow and squeezed it until it broke. His pained scream made me flinch and turn back around, hiding my face in Johnny's shoulder as he rubbed my back comfortingly. I may have killed people before but I was never one who did it for the thrill of the torture, merely just a means to survive. But I did love the fact that my mate was defending my honor.

"Now, we'll see how you like feeling powerless and helpless. Only unfortunately for you, nobody's going to be around to save you."

Two of my mate's pack members joined my mate at his side, immediately dragging Draven's limp body away. Seeing him battered and bruised brought a sense of satisfaction within me, glad I had gotten some sort of justice for the assault I had endured just moments ago.

Johnny gave me a tap on the back to grab my attention, making me look up at him. He motioned for us to join my mate and Tyler, who were discussing quietly to themselves.

"We can't take a whole group of hostages all the way back to the territory." Tyler was saying to my mate as soon as we walked up to the pair. "We can't control that many people on the move with limited hands, limited weapons, and with no control over the terrain. We have no upper hand, no strategy, it's not going to work."

"We're not killing them without getting information first." My mate replied, eyes then shifting to me and scouring my body for any further injuries. The action made my cheeks burn sheepishly, but I pushed down the feeling and tried to help think of a solution.

"We can go back to my pack's territory." I interjected, making 3 pairs of eyes fall on me. "My old pack's territory is just down the trail. You can bring them there, interrogate them and then dispose of them."

My mate nodded slowly, studying my face intently though his read nothing at all. There was a blankness in his eyes that I wasn't used to and I had a feeling it had to do with the truth that was begging to be unraveled.

"And I have a feeling that you guys want the truth." I added in, letting out an anxious breath as I studied their expressions. The tension in the air was hard to miss, but I pretended not to notice and looked up at them hopefully.

Tyler and Johnny's eyes dropped to the ground, their faces revealing all that I needed to know about what they were thinking. I had hurt them and damaged our relationship, though it was all for a good reason. I just hoped they'd let me explain.

Though Tyler and Johnny refused to look me in the eye, it seemed to be all my mate wanted to do. His eyes bored into me as if trying to pull apart every secret I had hidden. I could see clear as day that he was torn apart by my departure, I just hoped he'd let me explain why I had to do what I did.

And I hoped that the damage wasn't too broken to repair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 93.5K 31
"You are mine, Natalya. I will show you over and over if I have to." ***** In a werewolf's life, you live your life around constant companionship but...
170K 5.2K 35
"A soulmate." He starts, his voice bounces off the wall of the empty room. "There is nothing more beautiful in the world than them, for they are the...
525K 14.9K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
21.5K 603 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...