Always You || Patrick Cripps

By gobluesss

Georgia Kelly, sister of Josh Kelly, the GWS superstar. She grew up best friends with Patrick Cripps all the... More

characters :)
introductions
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
epilogue

64.

264 10 189
By gobluesss

Georgia's POV

I never thought I would find love.

Not because I thought I was unlovable, but because I wasn't sure if I wanted to be loved by anyone else besides him.

Maybe deep down, I knew I was never prepared to give myself to anyone else.

I have had many boyfriends along the way, good and bad. But I always knew something was missing, I always felt empty. I made mistakes along the way. Dated people I probably shouldn't have, just trying to get over him.

But then I just stopped trying. Realising I was never going to find someone who made me feel the way he did. I gave up on dating entirely. Hoping that at some point, we would be together.

And I am so glad I did. Because now, here we were. I found love in the boy I call my best friend.

Sometimes I think about how long it took for us to get to this point. Over 20 years of loving each other but never speaking up.

People might think it would have been better for us, knowing sooner. But not me. I love our story just the way it is.

I almost think if we had been together all of those years ago, we probably never would have lasted. In the time we were apart, we were able to grow into the people we needed to be. Becoming matured versions of our younger selves.

If we had been together any younger, the mistakes made would have had catastrophic effects.

Don't get me wrong, there were so many tears shed over the friendship we had. And gosh it was painful, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

I strongly believe that we came together at the most perfect time. And now, we couldn't be more in love with each other.

Our love story wasn't typical, but I think it was perfect in it's own way. And it had only just begun. I had so much time to look forward to sharing with him.

Standing in the very same spot where we shared our first proper kiss, I soaked it all in. Wrapped in his arms, taking in his warmth, the happiness radiated off of me, even in the pouring rain.

The Uber driver left just after our little moment. Once Pat got my bags out and I apologised for the inconvenience. The car sped off in a hurry. Not mad about any of it, he simply just went about the rest of his day.

I liked to believe he was happy about being present for such an important event. A defining moment in two peoples lives, two complete strangers to him.

Something about the smile plastered on his face told me that he was feeling the love just as much as we were.

As soon as he was gone, our focus fell back on each other. Embracing one another in the tightest of hugs. I never wanted to leave. I wanted to stay in this moment, savouring every second of it.

But Pat suddenly let go from the hug, releasing his grip and focusing his energy on holding my hands. Placing both hands in his, I looked up at him anticipating his next move. Wondering what the cause of disturbance was.

We stood close in proximity, neither of us daring to move. I just stared as he smiled down at me. He then took a large step back, but refused to let go of my hands.

Then stepping forward, prompting some sort of impromptu dance which would typically embarrass me.

"What are you doing?" My eyes widened as I shook my head in disapproval.

"Come on" He encouraged me playfully, starting to move us around the pavement.

I shook my head again, hesitant to give in to him, but of course I did. How could I ever use the word 'no' around him ever again. I took one look at his face and all I wanted to do was say yes.

I laugh at him, the rain soaking every inch of my clothes just as he spins me around.

"I didn't think you even knew how to dance" I teased, grinning eagerly as I waited for him to bite back.

"Depends on the style" He suggested, lacing his hands with mine.

"Please. You've pretty much got two left feet" I joked with him. He wasn't so receptive with that insult. Poking me on either side of my waist, and sending jolts of energy up and down my body.

It made the hair on my skin stand up. As well as adding to the goosebumps I already had from the cold.

I watch him come closer, squinting to see me through the rain which drips from his wet hair and into his eyes. He buries his face into my neck, swaying to the non-existent rhythm.

His spontaneity was admirable. Something I hadn't seen from in a while. It was the Pat of old. Not caring what people thought of him anymore.

Only caring about the moment he was in. That was the one thing that inspired me most about him.

I wrap my hands around his neck, but then he pulls back. Slowly his hands wrapped around my waist as he stares at me with complete admiration.

Looking from my eyes, to my lips, to the curve of my jaw, studying me, not wanting to miss a thing. He leans in carefully, kissing me softly as the rain poured and the wind whipped around us.

The only way the person you love should ever look at you. With complete and utter adoration for you and every part about you. A look which I would never take for granted.

Since I was young, the concept of love always interested me. I read countless books, and watched endless movies.

Trying to understand how love could make you do crazy things. Wondering how it seemed to make the world stop.

I always wanted to feel like that. To feel so alive in the presence of someone you loved. I wanted to know how it felt to sacrifice the world for someone. To be so in love that you would do anything for that person.

As I got older, I realised the movies were a false expectation for those that watched and dreamed of having that experience. Love was not about grand gestures in public places. Or big romantic gifts which would cost a fortune.

Maybe to some that's what their version of love is, but not mine.

My love is simple, and it's calm. I believe love should be a break from the busy world. It should be about the moments you have and who you spend them with.

I'm not interested in big gestures, which seem desperate. I appreciate the little things about love.

Like this moment. This right here is one of the reasons I just love, being in love. Just the two of us, spending time doing things that make us happy. Not trying to show off or please anyone else.

I loved being in our own little world. A bubble with only Pat and I in it.

I couldn't help but maintain the smile on my face. From the very moment I heard those three words, up until now. I couldn't stop smiling. I was finally happy, after a long long time.

All I wanted to do was stay in this period of happiness, for as long as I could.

So I looked back up at him. His eyes took me by surprise in the way they looked especially blue in this lighting.

He looked back at me, with his smile sat so perfectly on his face. It was simple but still so special. I knew I could stand there forever if I had the choice.

But I also couldn't contain my excitement to be reuniting with my brother and friends after the sudden events.

Their reactions were bound to be special. I'm sure it was just as painfully long for them as it was for both of us.

That's why I wanted to get to them as quick as possible. To share this moment with them, but also celebrate it. There was so much to celebrate.

"We should go tell the others" I eventually pulled away, gleaming with excitement at the thought of telling my brother and Marcus.

"Do we have to? Can't we just stay here a little longer" Pat whined, looking down at me with a childish pout.

"Come on, they've been waiting just as long as we have for this" I begged, trying to drag him towards the house, but he quickly wrapped me back up.

"Just one more" He said, then leaning down to kiss me. I laughed back into the kiss, making for an uncomfortable clash of teeth. But a funny one at that.

"Okay, now let's go" I said as I pulled away, this time I was successful in my efforts to drag him inside.

The two of us ran up to the door, opening it and instantly feeling the warmth inside. My hands were shaking from the outside temperature, as well as my lips turning blue. Could you tell I felt the cold easily.

The rain had soaked every corner of my clothes. Probably bringing me a cold, but it was totally worth it.

Pat on the other hand was completely still. It was like he didn't even feel the cold. I felt the jealousy seep through me. Oh to be as tough skinned as him. He never had to worry about freezing. He was always, always warm.

No complaints came from my end when I realised that it also meant he could just spend his time warming me up.

The two of us separated as we entered, I sped over to the heater to quickly switch it on. Pat hovered by the kitchen bench, on the other side of the room. His hand pressed to the stone bench as he watched me from afar.

I stood with my back to the heater, facing where he stood just so I could look at him. The heater didn't take long to kick into gear. I felt relief instantly as the warmth spread through my body.

When I came across his eyes once more, I noticed him observing me which drew a smile out of me almost straight away.

I decided that there was never going to be a time where I couldn't look at him without smiling. That giddy feeling in my gut when we made eye contact across the room, it would never go away. And I was okay with that.

Snatching my eyes away from his, I tried to hide how happy I looked. I was becoming completely soft for him, I couldn't let him know that though.

He shouldn't get to know the effect he has on me. Not yet at least.

He probably did know. Considering I wasn't very good at hiding my emotions, it was probably obvious to him now. So in reality, it would have been best to stop hiding the way I felt about him.

When I looked at him, it's all I could think about. There were so many things that I loved about him, and every time he looked at me, anything I was thinking about before would go out the window. 

I don't think I would be able to list them all. It would be a long list. Probably too many to even count. Obviously his eyes were a given.

His looks in general. But he was so much more than just his eyes or footy ability.

The thing I loved the most about him, is the way he understood me. I always dreamed that my soulmate would know me better than anyone. That we would be the best of friends before we fell in love. And I got that.

The feeling I get when I am around him learns to simmer in my stomach, creating more butterflies than the skies summit.

How on earth did I get so lucky to feel this way?

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as he approached me slowly and wrapped his arms around my torso, pulling me into his chest.

"Just how surreal this all is" I explained, with a shy grin. I tried many times to wrap my head around what had happened.

I went from being single and still heart broken, at a very low point. To now, where I could finally admit out loud that I was in love.

I now had the chance to say that over and over again until I got sick of hearing it.

I still had so many things to wrap my head around. As much as I loved being with him, finally in the position we are.

I still was adjusting to the fact that I was kissing him. My best friend. It didn't feel weird or wrong, probably because I was so in love with him.

But it felt different. Unusual almost. In a good way of course, but it was going to take time to adjust. And I felt like that was normal.

Pat and I broke off from our embrace shortly after as he let me change into some drier clothing. Once I did, I joined Pat in my car as we drove back to his house.

With one hand on my leg as he used the other to steer the car, I look over to him as we drive down the quiet streets.

Surprisingly the skies had cleared off any signs of rain. Clouds evolving from a deep grey shade back to white.

While the sun perched behind the clouds, once again shining down on us. The sky surrounding us had never looked so blue.

We exchange a wide smile and carelessly sing the lyrics to a song we barely know of.

Completely dizzied by all that is happening. Life feels so sweet and I wish the clock would stop ticking.

A selfish thought, but I feel so alive and free. This moment is so precious and I can't believe I am here. A significant time in my life which I will pocket forever inside of my heart.

As we get closer to seeing our friends, I can't help but look forward to the times ahead.

But also appreciating everything that happened to get me to this point. The happiest I have ever been in my life. With Pat by my side. Where else would I rather be than with him.

It amazes me, how I met him with no intention of liking him. With no intention of talking to him for more than a day or two.

Yet here I am.

Deeply, crazily, in love with him.

........

A/N

A bit of a part 2 of the revelation chapter! How cute are Pat and Georgia already! It's only been 2 chapters and I'm already obsessing over Crorge.

They will definitely only get cuter as it goes on, so I can't wait for you to read the rest of their story.

I also hope you are all finally at ease with the mention of the Uber driver. You can all sleep well at night knowing he is not still parked out the front of her house.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.

Keep an eye out around Thursday, because I might consider doing a few more double updates before the end.

Thanks again!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 464 42
You meet your new best friend Josh, and his annoying brother Jake. Constantly butting heads, you would have never given him a second glance. But, as...
29.3K 539 49
Lizzy Kelly is the younger sister of the famous strike leader, Jack Kelly. It's her first day on the job of selling papes. When a horrific fire puts...
26.6K 371 11
C O M P L E T E N E W C O V E R E D I T E D -- What happens when Belchs little sister and his best friend date in secret? Will their relationship wo...
57.2K 959 48
I'm Jess, Jess Arreaga. Brandon's sister. - First chapter: October 12 2019 last chapter: February 24 2020 - A Nick Mara fanfiction - 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐:...