Just a Robot 5 (A Fnaf Story)

By Saberthebunny

Two weeks later after discovering William Afton is alive, Funtime Freddy reawakens to be reunited with those... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1: "Rekindled"
Chapter 2: "Empowered"
Chapter 3: "Revised"
Chapter 4: "Resting Place"
Chapter 5: "Right and Wrong"
Chapter 6: "Oven"
Chapter 7: "Mirror"
Chapter 8: "Flash Drive"
Chapter 9: "Duality"
Chapter 10: "Reassigned"
Chapter 11: "Clown World"
Chapter 12: "One Day"
Chapter 13: "Disabled"
Chapter 14: "Struggle"
Chapter 15: "Prosperity"
Chapter 16: "War"
Chapter 17: "Death"
Chapter 18: "Construction"
Chapter 19: "The Way I Am"
Chapter 20: "Retreat"
Chapter 21: "Stance"
Chapter 22: "Loyalty"
Chapter 23: "Sunshine"
Chapter 24: "Within"
Chapter 25: "Can't Go Back"
Chapter 26: "Starting Line"
Chapter 27: "Chaos Theory"
Chapter 28: "Known"
Chapter 29: "Height"
Chapter 30: "Yourself"
Chapter 31: "Spirit"
Chapter 32: "Path"
Chapter 33: "Two Worlds"
Chapter 34: "Keep Going Forward"
Chapter 35: "Voice"
Chapter 36: "Know Your Enemy"
Chapter 37: "Blood"
Chapter 38: "Parallel"
Chapter 39: "Predict"
Chapter 40: "Finishing Line"
Chapter 41: "Battle Plans"
Chapter 43: "Future"
Chapter 44: "Generation"
Chapter 45: "Evolution"
Chapter 46: "Puzzle"
Chapter 47: "Cemetery"
Chapter 48: "Wrath"
Chapter 49: "You Won't Die"
Chapter 50: "Free Will"
Chapter 51: "All I Have Left"
Chapter 52: "Important"
Chapter 53: "Heart"
Chapter 54: "Deep End"
Chapter 55: "Defeat"
Chapter 56: "Talk"
Chapter 57: "Expendable"
Chapter 58: "Responsibility"
Chapter 59: "Funeral"
Chapter 60: "Proposal"
Chapter 61: "Cycle"
Chapter 62: "News"
Chapter 63: "Aspirations"
Chapter 64: "Game Plan"
Chapter 65: "Wedding"
Chapter 66: "Heaven"
Chapter 67: "See You Later"
Chapter 68: "Phase One"
Chapter 69: "Who I Am"
Chapter 70: "Frontal Assault"
Chapter 71: "Who I'm Not"
Chapter 72: "Allegiance"
Chapter 73: "Phase Two"
Chapter 74: "Phase Three"
Chapter 75: "Cause"
Chapter 76: "Scott Cawthon"
Chapter 77: "Effect"
Chapter 78: "Persuade"
Chapter 79: "Heroic"
Chapter 80: "Prevaricator"
Chapter 81: "Inspiration"
Chapter 82: "Who I've Always Been"
Chapter 83: "Transgress"
Chapter 84: "Volition"
Chapter 85: "Judge"
Chapter 86: "Resurrection Day"
Chapter 87: "Perfect World"
Chapter 88: "True Happiness"
Chapter 89: "Just a Robot"
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 42: "Empty"

30 2 0
By Saberthebunny

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

I was meet with darkness again, and it had been quite a while since I had seen it. It felt calming to be surrounded by nothing, like my mind was clear and at ease even if I was adrift in the void. Maybe I just needed to forget all the troubles that had been eating me away, even just for a moment. Maybe escaping reality for just a while would be nice.

"Freddy. This is the world we're in that Duality created? Or this is him? I don't even understand it," spoke Michael's voice. I had forgotten, for a moment, that me and Michael had entered into Duality's world to talk, more so because I had asked of them to. "Yeah. I guess it's a world Duality created. Apparently he can change it any way or form... Speaking of which, would you mind doing so Duality?" I said. "What do you have in mind?" responded Duality's voice as Michael looked around, due to his voice being heard from all over the void. "You have a particular choice in mind? It can be any location or place of your choosing? I can't be bothered to choose something," I said asking Michael. "Well... Could you possibly do my old house? The one I lived in with my family back then?" Michael asked. "Hmm... Interesting but predictable choice, which there is nothing wrong with. Very well," responded Duality. The next second both me and Michael were in a kitchen, though to be precise a house. Michael and his family's house. I could tell, since the kitchen looked old in terms of what I was used and generally felt like a kitchen you would see in a 70's show. "Feels weird being in your house," I said observing the place. I turned back to see Michael walking around the kitchen, clearly speechless to live such a memory that was so distant to him now. Yet here he was walking around in that memory now. 

"I can't believe I'm back here... Even if it's fake my emotional ties to it won't let me deny this fiction, not with a memory so strong," responded Michael still taking it in the fact he was living in a memory. He stopped to look at the fridge for a moment before walking over to it and stopping once it was in front of him, mesmerized by something. He grabbed something off the fridge and held it in his hand, and just sat and stared at whatever it was. I walked over to the side so I could see just what he was looking at, especially since something had clearly gotten his attention. As I was in view of seeing what he had in his hand I could clearly make out a photograph, one that had probably been hanging on the fridge. In the picture was William Afton, Michael's father, something I noticed immediately. Next to him was a women with brown hair, wearing casual clothes, and looked especially happy next to William. In front of them was a young girl with blonde hair and twin tails, who looked about five or six. And next to her was a young teenager who looked identical to William, who had brown hair and looked pretty normally dressed. It was clear to me who these people were. 

"This is your family. You, your father, Elizabeth... Your mom," I said. "Yeah. It was. Things have changed since when we were a happy family. My father is murderer. My sister follows my father as well... And my mom's gone. I miss her. I still and, maybe, always will. They seemed so happy together, but I guess it was all an act to my father. Or is it... I don't even know why he killed my mom... Or does he still care for her... Maybe he always has... " Michael responded. "I'm sorry! I've made this all about me and forgotten you asked to talk with me for a reason." "No it's fine. You have every right to cherish seeing the good times again, especially when they're rare to have these days," I responded. "No, no. This is about you, not me. Besides, the past is the past. You can't relive it but you can remember it. It's the only to keep it from getting forgotten," responded Michael. "Well... I'm glad we were able to get you in here. This is the first time two minds have entered the world Duality made, considering you can usually enter by using his flash drive. Well. Usually," I stated. "Yeah, I'm still not clear on that," said Michael. "To clarify your confusion I simply used my systems to connect your mind to this world, though it was more of recreating your mind since your still a human soul that has a robot for a host and thus your mind is not digital like the others," explained Duality. "So am I really here then?" asked Michael. "I would ask if you would like to know, but that is unnecessary since I have determined your response already," responded Duality. "Yeah, then you know I rather not ask and have my mind have a breakdown," responded Michael as he turned to me. "I will show my physical form to make it easier and more natural for he both of you," said Duality. He appeared a second later as the green hologram like Freddy form he had, as he walked over to us. "Wait? I recognize that body. It was an attack some of the animatronics I knew from the other world had, which they called Virtual Freddy," said Michael. "Indeed. I chose this form since it felt it was best suitable for me. And I'll admit I found it cool to have as an appearance," responded Duality. "So, what did you want to talk with us about?" asked Michael looking back at me. "Let's sit down," I said as I walked on over to the table in the kitchen we were in. Michael did the same as we both took our seats, as he waited for me to finally tell him what was on my mind. 

"To be honest, I'm not doing good. In fact I'm doing terrible." "What's the cause of it?" asked Michael. "Everything I guess. This war, Bon Bon's attitude, the future. Hell I've been going through shit all week but what happened with Foxy I finally felt the punch in the gut I only felt the pain of just now... Things changed when I thought we died and I was stuck in void, left to wonder on everything that had happened to that point. So many things and problems that I can't muster the strength to fight against and instead all I do is lay on the ground like a helpless child," I said expressing my frustrations. "I feel sad, angry, confused. I don't even know what to feel anymore. I'm not sure if I'm depressed or if I'm feeling the weight of  everything finally affecting me, finally understanding the feeling of being at your lowest." "Then where does it begin? Your problems? What started it all?" asked Michael. "I guess the question of my existence and my place in all of this. My purpose in this world. I was created by your father, the smartest man to probably exist. And he his also the most dangerous person to exist as well. Can I really accept the fact if I fail I will have to carry the burden the whole world was annihilated because of him? My creator? I could easily not fight and let the world burn and have the human race be nearly extinct. And you know what would happen? Fingers would be pointed at me, knowing my creator was the one who ended the Earth and it's pollution, and I would be blamed for it. Not because I didn't do anything. Because of my existence that was only made possible by your father, because just that connection is categorized as the same level of thinking, personality, and image of your father. The world would hate me because they would think I'm just like William Afton. A reason that would be used if I failed to stop William, even with me wanting to save this world because this is my and everyone's world... And yet I would still be to blame... Not everyone likes or even wants robots to exist in this world, and have many reasons to distrust them that I understood for feeling that way. Just by examining everything William has done and how he's used the animatronics he's built to kill people only reinforces their way of thinking, even if it's one sided. That's just how it is. People sway on over to the most common and popular way of thinking, just with anything that is more relevant then something that isn't. Majority only rules over minority until the minority becomes the majority and the majority turns into the minority," I explained. "You think they won't accept you in society, even if we stop my father?" asked Michael. "Not just me but all of us. All robots or animatronics or what comes next for a new age of machines. It's why, I believe, it's part of the reason Henry doesn't want the rest of the world or anyone else to get involved or know of our existence and what William has done. What about you? Surely the government finding about souls being trapped in robots would spark conversation and even the existence of that knowledge would change the world forever. How do you think the world will react to that knowledge? We probably would never see the world again or have a normal life. I can't blame them and even then it could be possible we're allowed to live normal lives, but it's still fifty-fifty on our future," I responded. "True. The world would either hate or love us if we survived and they learned the truth of everything. Still... hiding history that may never see the light of day may only cause more problems than solutions, even with the intent of protecting mankind," said Michael. "Information will always be discovered and known to the world sooner or later. It is meant to be known. This information about your father and everything involving us will be known at one point or another, whether that be the information getting leaked or someone stumbling on it... or perhaps even Henry changing his mind and choosing to share to the world the murderer that is William Afton and the spawn of hell he has brought forth. We are simply delaying time until the day our existence is known to everyone," mentioned Duality. "Yeah I agree... just not my call to make," I responded. "Besides that and everything else involving the other problems, I just feel like my life was never meant to be. I was born and made into this world with simple thinking and a way of life, and when I met Foxy and the other animatronics for the first time I felt like I had a life that was worth living. It was straightforward, simple, and yet sweet with such a narrow and normal way of living. And then I discovered everything wrong from the person who made me, about the pizzerias and then things changed when I met you. And that isn't me trying to blame you for everything that has happened or that I've gotten involved in, because I made the choice to help you. Just stopping Henry, who we thought was the enemy at the time, and doing something right was also a clear path that seemed simple enough to pursue... Now things are clouded, darkened as the path is covered in blood now and I'm feeling the weight and pain I've had to go through that has lead me to here. Friends and family I knew gone, a responsibility that, if I fail, I doom an entire species and world forever, and a existence that doesn't seem worth living. The thing is I don't want to pity myself for being born into this world, as it's a gift itself to be born. But apart of me wonders why I was born into this world just to suffer and sacrifice everything I own to save the billions of lives if I don't have the fortitude and strength to made those sacrifices when I just want them to stop... " "You're feeling the guilt of everything you've gone through... It's not a good feeling to experience," said Michael. "No, it isn't. It makes you question whether losing those around you and yourself is worth it or if you are suitable for saving the world. If I should pass on the burden to you or someone else... And yet I can't urge myself to do... " I responded. "I'm so deep in this conflict I can't pull away or retreat if I wanted to, especially if I threw everything away after all the loss. My friends deaths would mean nothing, and especially those in Mangle's and the others worlds, I would simply be disgracing all the effort for allowing them to not rest in peace. Not just because of that but because I don't think I can step away from something has changed me and even dictates my life now. I need it to survive, or even continue on." "What do you mean you need it to survive?" questioned Michael confused. "The whole conflict has been merged with my life, almost dependent on it. It's the only thing I know how to do, what my life wants to do. It's like a veteran that returns home from war, hoping to go back to a normal life but they just can't. War and fighting is the only thing they know how to do now and it consumes their life, their only way of life. Instead they crave it more like an addiction, a drug they have to fight the urge of taking, and cannot ever go back to living a normal life... That's how I feel. If I cut myself off from this life I might never go back the moment I call it quits, even if I try to fight of that addiction. Though I guess its more of a obligation rather than an addiction. Still, what will happen when this is over and if we do win? Will I never move on from the thought of wanting of stopping conflict or even erasing everything involved with your father? Will I be able to focus on living a normal life without having to remember everything at any given moment? I don't know for sure but just the thought of it makes me feel sad... Just thinking of the future scares me, even if I'm not sure how things will end up for us or William. I never thought the future would haunt me like this... And all this makes me feel... empty, I guess... It's like something I once had was once there but isn't anymore. I can't seem to have fun or be properly happy when something good happens or even if all of us are having fun, and the little feelings I do receive feel crafted, fake even. Like I'm creating these feelings just to have them again... Maybe I've just lost apart of me," I explained. "It sounds like your happiness is gone, or rather you just can't connect with the feeling anymore. Nothing seems to bring you joy or happiness, even if it's something you normally enjoy," said Michael. "Perhaps all the events and tragedies that have occurred have stained your happiness in a way you need to refine the definition of what happiness is or what might bring it back. Or perhaps you need to find true happiness, something that makes you happy like nothing else and that you can be sure is a form of happiness that will never diminish. It seems this lack of finding happiness is the root of your problems; why you haven't bothered to fix your problems or talk with us sooner," said Duality. "Yeah... Dying and realizing what everything has come to and changed me... In a way the old me died when I was struck down by William and his minions. Which is why I came to the both of you to, at least, let out these feelings that have been eating me away, to hopefully fill the emptiness inside me. Maybe have one of you give something, anything to help me out of this state and hopefully back to my normal self. To return to the old me... " I responded. "Then perhaps it is best to stick to the advice given to you already involving talking to others about your problem or just talking to everyone here about anything, understanding their motives or reason on fighting. In a way you've learn much about their purpose fighting against William just by spending time training them. However, going down that point of interest may help you reconsider your own life and part in all of this, giving you the answers you seek. Initiative and taking the actual steps for change is the only way you'll regain the life you've once lost," expressed Duality. "Yeah, just laying around won't do you any good. If you want you're old self to be regained you're gonna have to actually put in the effort and push back the feelings that prevent you from doing something. And I know how much you want for things to return normally, at least as best as they could. Maybe things won't go back to normal if we win, but holding onto what is left of it and taking what you've gained from this new life can be reshaped into that empty part of you to fill it in with a better life. Maybe the best you could ask for. And we'll be there to make sure that life is the best there is with all of us there at your side," spoke Michael. "Yeah... Keeping moving forward... Against all odds and shit thrown at you," I said. "Now that sure is something the old you would say. Perhaps he still lives," said Michael. "He just might," I responded before looking at Michael and Duality. "I guess this is what I needed. Someone to tell me to quit drowning in my sorrows and pushing away solutions and instead getting up to resolve my problems so they may have a conclusion... Both of you have given me something to consider... And thanks... both of you... " "Just returning the favor you did for me by helping me turn my life back around," said Michael. "We're just doing what's right. Something you would do yourself... And based on my calculations you have a chance of changing things for the better, no matter what possibilities and variables will dictate your life from here to now," said Duality. "Thanks again... I thinks it's time I actually put in the effort to change and resolve everything until the day we launch our final attack against William and decide the fate of this world. I may not have long to fix everything and I might even be able to do so, but I have to try and not sit around and just wait for things to get better. And if I decide to call it quits or stop trying I'll have you guys and everyone else here to help me get back on my feet," I announced. "When this is over I'll either have an empty space with nothing to fill it back with, or so many triumphs and memories that empty space won't be enough to fill everything I have learned and regained by the end of this. Maybe... Just maybe... I'll find my reason for living and being here and find happiness... True happiness."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 13.8K 39
you and Micheal had been bestfriends since junior high, you often took him to your house for dinner, and such. you had always wanted too meet his fam...
1.8K 53 13
After a car accident .You never seen your friend and boyfriend for 5 years .And you got told that you were crazy for saying that your boyfriend was...
40.1K 433 20
You and your family move from london all the way to Utah,Hurricane to be closer to your oh so amazing cousin Fredrick. You soon meet one of his frien...
429 5 21
Follows Michael Afton as he tries to survive a work week's time with killer animatronics that haunted his childhood. Or is that all there is to his b...