Blood Siren

By LileahWest

Mindlessly, my hand reached up from beside me, my fingertips begging for just a touch. My hands craved to fee... More

π’œπ“Šπ“‰π’½π‘œπ“‡'π“ˆ π’©π‘œπ“‰π‘’
π‘ͺπ’π’‘π’šπ’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• - 𝑨𝒍𝒍 π‘Ήπ’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•π’” 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅
π‘·π’“π’†π’—π’Šπ’†π’˜
β„™π•£π• π•π• π•˜π•¦π•–
πŸ™ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Šπ•™π• π•£π•₯ π•Šπ•₯𝕣𝕒𝕨
𝟚 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•ƒπ•šπ•π•ͺ
πŸ› - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕦𝕑
𝟜 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 β„™π• π•–π•ž
𝟝 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℍπ•ͺπ•‘π• π•”π•£π•šπ•₯𝕖
𝟞 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 ℙ𝕝𝕦π•₯𝕠 π•’π•Ÿπ•• π”»π•£π•’π•˜π• π•Ÿπ•—π•π•ͺ
𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 𝕒 π”Ήπ•π•¦π•€π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•ƒπ•¦π•Ÿπ•’
𝟠 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•π•’π•”π•œ β„‚π• π•Ÿπ•§π•–π•£π•€π•–
𝟑 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•π•’π•Ÿπ•œπ•–π•₯ β„‚π•’π•”π•”π• π• π•Ÿ
πŸ™πŸ˜ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 β„€π• π•žπ•“π•šπ•–
πŸ™πŸ™ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕠𝕠𝕝
πŸ™πŸš - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•π• π•£π••π•’π•Ÿ'𝕀 π•Šπ•’π•šπ•π• π•£ 𝕄𝕠𝕦π•₯𝕙
πŸ™πŸ› - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π”Ήπ•šπ•₯π•₯𝕖𝕣𝕀𝕨𝕖𝕖π•₯ π•Šπ•šπ•π•–π•Ÿπ•”π•–
πŸ™πŸœ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕓
πŸ™πŸž - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– 𝕋𝕙𝕒π•₯ 𝔾𝕠π•₯ 𝔸𝕨𝕒π•ͺ
πŸ™πŸŸ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 β„•π•–π•”π•œπ•π•’π•”π•–
πŸ™πŸ  - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•„π•šπ•π•œπ•€π•™π•’π•œπ•–
πŸπŸ— - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑢𝒏𝒆 π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓼
𝟚𝟘 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓π•ͺ𝕖
πŸšπŸ™ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Žπ• π•žπ•’π•Ÿ
𝟚𝟚 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•‹π•£π•’π•šπ•₯𝕠𝕣
πŸšπŸ› - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•Žπ•™π•–π•£π•– π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕦π•₯𝕙 β„‚π• π•žπ•–π•€ 𝕆𝕦π•₯
𝟚𝟜 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 β„™π•šπ•–
𝟚𝟝 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•Šπ•™π•’π•£π•‘π•€π•™π• π• π•₯𝕖𝕣𝕀 π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•ƒπ•’π•Ÿπ•”π•–π•£π•€
𝟚𝟞 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π”»π•£π•–π•’π•žπ•€ π•’π•Ÿπ•• β„•π•šπ•˜π•™π•₯π•žπ•’π•£π•–π•€
𝟚𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•šπ•£π•₯𝕙𝕕𝕒π•ͺ
𝟚𝟠 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•Žπ•™π•–π•£π•– π•π• π•™π•Ÿπ•Ÿπ•ͺ π”½π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•€ 𝕆𝕦π•₯

πŸ™πŸ - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•†π•Ÿπ•– π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π”Όπ•žπ•‘π•₯π•ͺ π•Šπ•‘π•’π•”π•–

8 0 0
By LileahWest

~•~

~•~

Today was the day Johnny and his mate Sherri, would have their mating ceremony.

Like every time a mating ceremony was commenced, the pack was vibrant and full of high energy as people bustled throughout the territory either cooking, setting up the reception, or dressing for the occasion.

A mating ceremony was very similar to what humans called 'weddings'. Though weddings I've heard take far longer to plan, cost money and happen much farther into the relationship. For mates, their being's are designed to complete each other, waiting was considered unnecessary.

Growing up in a pack meant I had been to hundreds and hundreds of mating ceremonies. The tradition was always the same and it was always an honor to be asked to participate in one. Hence why when Johnny asked me to be one of his Cavaliers, I was completely ecstatic.

Cavalier's are either a close friend or family member of the wed, meant to be representative of witness and support of the kinship. It was considered an honor to be asked to be a Cavalier. It meant your relationship with the requester was pure and true.

"Need some help with that?" I chuckled as I walked into my room to see a mess of clothes scattered all over the floor, a frustrated Johnny and Tyler standing before the mirror. Johnny turned to me in relief, the crooked tie on his neck making me giggle as I made my way towards him, taking it into my hands.

"Thank God." Johnny cried. "These idiots don't know how to do anything!"

"You're not even supposed to be dressing that fancy." Tyler rolled his eyes, flopping down on my bed beside a silent Jordan.

Jordan was still torn up over Lance's departure, as were the rest of us. The feel of our group was different now that one of us was gone. We still loved each other all the same and stayed connected every day, but without Lance, a part of us was missing.

"I know, but I want to look good. You only have one mating ceremony in your life." Johnny turned to the mirror as soon as I finished fixing his lavender tie, checking himself out shamelessly. "Besides, I saw one of those human weddings in that vampire movie and I want me and Sherri to have a celebration that special."

Johnny shot me a quick thanks, giving me a brotherly kiss on the head as he rushed to my bathroom to fix his hair. I chuckled at his antics, rolling my eyes as I sat between Tyler and Jordan.

"How are you holding up, kid?" I wondered, grabbing his hand as he sat stiffly.

"I'm okay." Was all he said, making me frown at the saddened look on his face.

Deciding I didn't want us to dwell on the obvious reason for his lack of excitement, I pulled him so we were both standing up, grinning as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"C'mon JJ, let us see that smile!" I began to tickle his neck, the exact spot I knew would get him to crack. He immediately began giggling, his hands pushing mine away as his laughter echoed throughout the room.

I looped my arm through his, pulling us so we stood in front of the mirror. I grabbed Tyler's hand, motioning for him to stand beside us. I stared at the three of us in the reflection, savoring the picture for as long as I possibly could. 

"You two clean up nice." I grinned, ruffling both of their heads, immediately making them shout in protest. Both boys were clad in a simple pair of black slacks and a white button-up, no shoes. Mating ceremonies were always done barefoot considering werewolves are barefoot most of the time.

"So do you." Jordan nudged me, making me roll my eyes as I studied my reflection.

I was clad in a white dress, one that flowed nicely with the wind and ended just above my knees. The slight dip in neckline highlighted my cleavage, the fitted silhouette ending at the hips and flaring until the hem. My hair was kept down and straightened, eyes accented with mascara and eyeliner, my lips adorned with a bit of lipstick- all courtesy of Layla. I felt and looked pretty, leaving my thoughts to only wonder how my mate would feel when he saw me.

The sound of a door creaking open snapped me out of my thoughts. Johnny stepped out, unruly brown hair now tamed and slicked back neatly. He joined our small group before the mirror, silence quickly filling the air as we studied our reflections.

In just a few weeks our small group had changed in such drastic ways.

The missing spot beside me, where Lance would usually be, was more prominent now. And I knew we all felt it as we stared at the empty space where he was supposed to be.

"I wish he was here." Johnny admitted lowly, eyes downcast as he stared at Lance's empty space.

It was silent as we all stood, not knowing what to say. There was nothing we could say to make up for the fact that he wasn't here nor was there anything to say to suddenly have him appear. Lance was gone. He left. And none of us were sure we'd ever see him again.

"Promise me that no matter what, we'll always be together?" Jordan broke the silence, firing a loaded question at us all. "I love you guys to Pluto."

"Promise. To Pluto." Johnny replied without hesitation. "Finding my mate doesn't make you guys any less my family or priority."

"Promise. To Pluto." Tyler nodded without a second thought.

"P-Promise." I choked out. "To Pluto."

I'm so sorry.

And with that, I was pulled into one of our infamous bear hugs, my hands grasping whoever's shirt I could and my arms wrapping around a mess of limbs. I loved these boys with all of my might.

And that's exactly why I had to leave.

~

I studied the small bouquet in my hands, nervously fiddling with my dress as I let out a shaky breath.

"You look beautiful."

My head snapped up to meet a smiling pair of honey-brown eyes. I grinned at the familiar face, examining the beautiful dress adorning her figure.

"You look stunning." I gasped, setting down my bouquet as I turned towards her fully.

Her lustrous Afro was just as invariably beautiful as the last time I'd seen her, her dark skin suited nicely with the shade of lavender she had chosen to wear. Her makeup was done to perfection, the highlight on her cheekbones and dark red lipstick only accenting her already obvious beauty.

"Thank you, Luna." She gushed, giving me a shy smile. Her eyes dropped to her hands as her expression shifted, making it clear she needed to say something.

"This might be weird, but is it alright if I ask you something?" She questioned. I nodded immediately, suddenly worried at what might be troubling her.

"When I first saw Johnny, I was ecstatic. Having a mate was something I've dreamed about since I was kid. And then when I found him, he wasn't sure if he even wanted me. Then I saw you in all your perfection and I was shattered at the thought of him already having someone. But then it turns out you were my Alpha's mate and then-"

Sherri took a deep breath as she realized she was rambling, the both of us letting out a giggle as she continued.

"And then I realized what you were to him." She spoke. "You're much more than just a friend, but not in a romantic sense. You're like a sister, a mother or an aunt. You're his family."

Sherri smiled up at me, gently taking my hands into hers.

"And when I was young I always pictured myself having this beautiful relationship with my mate's mom and asking her blessing when we were to have our mating ceremony. He told me what happened with his Mom and his family and how he became a rogue and since you're like his sister, you're the closest thing he has to family."

"You're asking for my blessing?" I gushed, my face nearly about to split at how wide my smile was.

She nodded rapidly, hands tightening around mine as she waited in anticipation for my answer.

"Of course you do!" I pulled her into a hug, the both of us shedding tears of happiness as she held me tightly, letting out a breath of relief.

"Thank goodness!" She exhaled once she pulled away, keeping her hands held in mine. "I don't think I could've continued with the ceremony if I didn't have your blessing."

The both of us shared a light laugh at the thought, our small moment being interrupted by the boys as they loudly entered, my mate's smell immediately flooding my senses. Our eyes met in a stilled gaze as he stepped into the room in all of his glory. His tall frame was adorned in a pair of black slacks and a black button-up, feet bare and hair messily upon his head.

Sherri was pulled away from me as everyone began to prepare for the reception. I let out shaky breath now that I had nothing to put between me and my mate. I felt everything inside grow silent once he'd stopped before me, eyes never once leaving mine.

"You look stunning." He broke the quiet between us, deep voice causing chills to erupt across my skin.

"You look very nice." I gulped, tangling my hands behind my back to keep my temptations at bay.

His eyes remained locked on me as everyone gathered with their partners. I had been advised that me and Caleb would be walking down the aisle first since he was the Alpha and I was to be the Luna. We'd be followed by the remainder of the cavaliers and then lastly coming Sherri with her father.

Seconds later, the traditional Song of the Wolves began to play on the grand piano, which was our cue to begin walking down the aisle. My mate offered me his arm, eyes still boring into me as I hesitantly reached up to hold it, the newfound sparks in my palm making me shiver.

The doors opened, the both of us beginning to walk in perfect sync down the beautiful aisle. The environment was decorated with an abundance of white flowers and our traditional leaves. People stood from their places on the makeshift log seating as we passed, the small stage where Johnny stood nearing by the second.

As we reached the stage, my mate stepped on first before reaching for my hand, gently helping me step atop. I ignored the blush on my cheeks, giving him a small smile in thanks as I moved beside Johnny.

Jordan and Tyler followed onto the stage, helping up the female cavaliers they had been partnered with. Behind the two of them was Sherri's 4th cavalier, who had to walk the aisle alone since Johnny had refused to put anyone in Lance's rightful place. Tyler was kind enough to assist her atop.

Lastly, Sherri and her parents began their walk down the aisle, an emotional smile tugging at my lips as she and Johnny eyes found each other from across the ways. The look they both had  was one of pure love and ecstasy.

It was beautiful.

Sherri's father handed her over to Johnny, who quickly grabbed onto her hands, the both of them matching with teary eyes and wide grins.

"You may take your seats." My mate's loud voice echoed across the clearing, the pack members immediately following in suit and taking their seats.

"We are here today to celebrate the mating of two souls." Caleb began. "Everyone, please give some love to Sherri Michaels and Johnny Lakes."

Just as tradition, the crowd of pack members cheered loudly, their approval coming in the forms of claps, shouts, howls, or even tears. My mate held up a single hand to quiet the ruckus. He continued on, voice commanding and powerful as he led the couple through their vows and forevers. My eyes were full of tears through every second of the ceremony, on the verge of squealing with delight the entire time.

"By approval of Alpha Caleb Johnson of the Blackridge Pack and the eyewitnesses on count, I hereby grant the mating of Sherri Michaels and Johnny Lakes lawful. May we all wish you the gift of forever by blessing of the Moon Goddess. You may commence this declaration with a kiss."

In seconds, Sherri was in Johnny's arms and both of them were sharing a fiery kiss as we all erupted in cheers. I wiped a grouping of tears off my face, leaning into Tyler's comforting arm as we watched our newly mated best friend on the best day of his life.

As they parted, everyone in the pack immediately began congratulating the newly mated couple. The air was full of love and happiness as everyone shared hugs with each other. Mating ceremonies always brought people closer together, the vibrancy in the air made that clear.

As the night went on, all of us remained within the clearing, sharing drinks of champagne or eating from the feast prepared. Everyone was talking or dancing along to the music playing by the pack's musicians, just as a traditional mating ceremony always had.

I sat on a log towards the back, watching happily with a glass of champagne as the people around me talked and laughed with eased smiles. The energy around me was blissful and full of love. I was just happy to be witness to it.

I smelled him before I saw him, my lips immediately going to my glass of champagne for some courage as I felt him sit beside me.

"It was a beautiful ceremony." I complimented, deciding I'd be brave enough to turn and at least give him a smile.

The look on his angelic face was soft as he nodded, breathtaking eyes looking at the surrounding pack members.

"It was." He agreed, his response followed by a gentle silence between the two of us. I continued looking around, my gaze landing on Johnny, who was slow dancing with his mate to the current song playing.

"Looks like Layla had a bit too much to drink." I chuckled at the familiar face who was currently forcing her groaning son to slow dance with her. Caleb laughed lightly beside me, the sound making butterflies erupt in my belly.

"Not just her." He spoke, nodding towards a couple I had seen before. Judith and Marek danced provocatively on the dance floor, making me burst out into laughter as I shielded my eyes. My mate laughed with me, making my heart soar as I savored such a sweet moment.

"I'm traumatized." I hummed once I calmed from the laughter.

"Me and you both." He let out a breath, shaking his head. The comfortable silence returned us as we continued to savor the lightheartedness in the air. It was only a few minutes before I decided to break it.

"I always pictured my mating ceremony just like this." I found myself longing. "Everyone laughing and talking together. One big happy family with the love of my life next to me."

I cut myself off as I noticed the shift in the air. I glanced towards my mate who's eyes were now trained on the floor.

"We can have th-"

My mate was about to protest and try to convince me of something that could never happen. But before he even had the chance, a bloodcurdling scream echoed throughout the clearing.

We were all on alert in seconds.

Me and Caleb ran side by side, as fast as we could towards the source, which was just a short way from where the ceremony was held. As we neared, the putrid smell of blood flooded my senses, immediately making my stomach churn.

The scene we were met with was even more sickening.

Limbs were scattered all over the floor, blood soaking every leaf, twig, or speck of dirt around. I immediately let out a gasp, my mate's arms quickly wrapping around me as he pressed my head against his chest to keep me from seeing the horrid sight. I grasped his shirt tightly in my hands, trying to keep from throwing up the food I had just eaten.

I turned my head so I could see what was happening, finally becoming aware of the way my mate was barking orders and the screams of civilian pack members who had just witnessed the horrid sight. Pack warriors flooded the scene, ushering people away and looking out for whoever could have done this.

I had made the mistake of looking back at the bloodied mess, my eyes landing on the face of the poor victim, only to see who it was and feel my legs tremble beneath me.

It was the girl Tyler had sparred with just a couple of weeks ago, the same one with the abusive mate, who was a retched excuse of a Gamma.

A despaired cry snapped me out of my revelation, my eyes snapping towards the person I had just been thinking of. Zaine crumbled to the ground before his mate, screaming and crying as he studied the scene before him.

Though our initial encounter had been rough, I'd never wish something as horrific as this on anyone.

I looked away, burying my head back in my mate's chest as I cried quietly. I was heartbroken for the lost life. I was heartbroken for Zaine and I was heartbroken for her family. Nobody deserved something as cruel as this.

It wasn't until I heard Zaine's cries seize and silence wash over the clearing did I gain the guts to look again.

And when I did, I immediately wished I hadn't.

In Zaine's hand lay the one thing I had seen dozens of times before. The same thing that had taunted me to no end.

A damn lily flower.

Zaine's eyes snapped up to me, anger replacing the grief as he crumbled the retched flower in his hand.

"You." He hissed, before suddenly launching towards me. My mate immediately shoved me backward, my body landing against Tyler as Caleb shoved Zaine to the floor. "It's your fault, it's all your fault." He shouted at the top of his lungs, his strained neck turning red as he looked at me with pure hatred in his eyes.

And then it all finally hit me.

It was my fault.

They had found me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 15.3K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
5.3M 142K 80
I was walking down the hallway when all of the Sudden I feel a hand grab me and pull me into a janitors closet . I let out a scream , not knowing w...
13.1K 384 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
1.3M 43.4K 33
I couldn't ignore the tingles that ignited as he gripped my wrist and held them above my head. I felt the bark of the tree stab into my back as he ha...