Bump Set Spike (Oikawa X OC)

By Piggycats

(OC x OIKAWA) "I'm resigning from the Volleyball Club." Yana Iwaizumi used to love playing volleyball, but no... More

New Game
Family Dinner
Day One
Required Reading
Mobile Games
Number One
Fangirls
Mocha
Empty Coffee Mugs
Baby Steps
Match Point
Lunchbox
King of the Court
Hit or Miss
The Grand King
Not Gifted
Golden Week
Costume Change
Blocking 101
Stars and Aliens
Tokyo Boys
Cats and Crows
Kitty Claws
The Sylph
Fairy Libero
Gilded Fairy
Pink Lip-gloss
Oh Captain, My Captain
Clipped Wings
Flightless
Service Ace
Skyball
Accidents Happen
Long-lost Twin
Underwater Wonderland
We Meet Again
The Better Setter
Hit it...
...Till it Breaks
GG
A Queen
At The Place
Can You Pass the Eggs?
King and Queen
Mad Hatter's Tea Party
No Rest for the Wicked
Arrogance and Pride
Faker than Plastic
Hotarubi
I Want...
Uniform
Unknown Variable
Sharpened Fangs
The Final Play
For the Future
Aliens and Spaceships
For the Explorers

Fireflies

1.9K 68 1
By Piggycats

"I didn't really know if you'd be awake, so I called you."

"You called me..." Yana glanced at the clock. "...at one in the morning to see if I was awake?" Yana had to keep the irritation out of her voice. What if she actually was asleep?

Oikawa didn't hesitate to reply, "Yep!"

"I'm hanging up."

Oikawa quickly responded and scrambled to arrange his words. "No! Wait! I called you because I have something to show you! You have to come outside though."

"Oikawa. It is hot. It is dark. I am wearing my pajamas. I don't want to go outside and suffer."

"Please, Konpeito-chan!"

"I don't wanna" Yana whined in response. Don't cave, don't cave, don't cave.

"It'll be worth it."

No, stop. You said you'd stop agreeing. "Can't you just ask Hajime?"

"It has to be you" Oikawa emphasized his words. He wasn't lying when he said that it had to be her, and he wanted to express it as much as possible in his voice.

It's one in the morning. Don't do it. "Fine. But I'm not dressing up for whatever it is." Yana screamed internally as her mouth moved before her mind could screen the words.

"Yay~!" Oikawa grinned from ear to ear. "Wait outside, I'll be there soon." He hung up and rushed to get ready himself.

"Fuck. I'm whipped." Yana hid her face in her hands. "This idiot has me wrapped around his little finger."

-------

"Konpeito-chan!" Oikawa ran over as fast as he could. "Hurry or we'll miss it!"

"Miss what?"

Oikawa had already started running before she could get her answer. Yana grumbled as she started running after him. It was too hot outside for this and running in flip flops didn't help the situation. "Oikawaaa wait!" the flip flops really weren't helping as she tried to keep up with his pace. Yana was about to take them off and go barefoot before Oikawa scooped her up in his arms, princess style. Yana's heart skipped a beat as he held her close.

"No can do!" He threw his head back in laughter as he continued as fast as he could. He was slower now that he was carrying Yana, but it would be faster and safer than her running barefoot.

Even in the dark she could see his smile. There was something about it. The way it seemed to cause butterflies to escape from the pits of her stomach. It was the kind of smile that made you happy to have gone along with his plans, as ridiculous as they may be.

"We are almost there. You have to close your eyes, it's a surprise."

"Uh..."

"Do you trust me?"

Yana pursed her lips. He hadn't given her any reason not to trust him, but a little inkling of doubt stained her thoughts. She slowly closed her eyes. She held onto him tightly as to not fall and listened to the sounds of the night. She heard his heavy breathing first but when she listened a little harder, she could hear the wind rustling through the tree's leaves.

By the time Oikawa reached his destination it had been a good few minutes and he was panting by the time he gently let her down. "Open your eyes."

Yana was greeted with a grassy meadow dotted by petite fragrant daisies. The minimal lighting from the moon splashed what would have been a colorful meadow with hues of muted greens, blues and purples. The meadow was on a gentle slope with beech and oak trees interspersed. The flowers seemed to be a pale lilac and the grass mirrored the deep color of the twilight sky. It was a bewitching sight. "This is really beautiful and all, but what are we doing here?"

"It's our third date!"

"Date? We've only been on one date and that was to grab coffee."

Oikawa took a deep breath in. "Yana. You and I went to the aquarium. Together. Alone."

"W-wait, I just thought that was like, a friendly outing or something." Yana blushed rather embarrassed over her assumptions.

"We were wearing couple outfits."

"On accident!" Yana protested.

"We were literally in the advertisement photos together." Oikawa pinched the bridge of his nose.

Yana gasped. "Oh. Oh, you're right."

"How can you possibly be this oblivious? Even Iwa-chan knew it was a date."

Yana pouted but before she could reply she saw a flash of light to her left.

"Oh! Weren't too late." Oikawa held his arms outstretched and gestured to the entirety of the meadow. "I said I would show you fireflies."

Yana's eyes widened as she watched in awe while the fireflies danced onto their star-studded stage. It was like nothing she had seen before. The fireflies flickered their lights as if they were sparkling, the creatures flew around the pair with practiced grace, the sight alone was enough to stun her to silence. These tiny glimmers of light electrified the warm night like how she would imagine a fairy would.

"Pretty awesome isn't it? I figured they would start coming out since it's pretty warm out tonight."

Yana just nodded as she watched their seemingly choreographed dance. She could barely believe her eyes. "Thank you for showing me this."

-------

The next tournament wasn't till later in the year so Oikawa took that time to catch up on anything he had missed and reflect on things he could have done better as a person, a Setter and a team captain. It was because of this that he could finally focus on a very pressing matter. Yana.

At first, she was just a curiosity. Hajime had a relative transferring into the school from Tokyo so of course Oikawa was going to meet her. His first impression of her was hostile and stiff. Honestly it wasn't a very good first impression on her part. As fate would have it, they somehow got stuck together. Same class, same club, they were even working on the group project together. After Yana joined the club, she had finally warmed up to him. Oikawa looked up at the moon and sighed. Before he realized it, it was too late to keep his feelings under control.

I like her.

Oikawa thought long and hard about if he should confess or not. But ultimately, he decided that he needed to. Oikawa knew Yana was pretty and that she was definitely popular which is why he felt like time was of the essence. What if someone were to just fly in and sweep her off her feet? Yana spoke an awful lot about 'Kuroo' and 'Kenma', and while he was grateful they had saved her from her crazy ex, he felt jealous of their closeness to her. Not that he would ever admit it.

"Yana." This was the perfect moment he had been waiting for.

"Yes?"

"Well, you see..." Oikawa swallowed the lump in his throat. "I think you are a really cool person" Cool person? Cool person?! You practiced an entire speech and 'cool person' is the first thing that comes to mind? Oikawa tried again. "You are a really good Libero; your shoes are really ugly though." What am I saying?! I have no idea what I'm saying. Oikawa subtly rummaged in his pockets to find the notecards he had written just in case something like this happened. After a little bit Oikawa had given up searching and resigned himself to his fate. There was always a next time.

------

Yana watched as Oikawa floundered to find the words he was looking for. He was usually as smooth as butter but this time he was so flustered you would think that something had happened. "I think you are a really cool person too." Yana grinned as she imitated his words. She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted playfully, "But I think my shoes are the greatest things ever. It's ok if you don't understand how perfect they are."

"Eh~ I'm not sure." Oikawa shrugged. "They are hideous."

Yana smirked "Oh? Says the person with a horrible fashion sense. Hajime told me that he helped you pick out your first outfit. He actually sent me a photo of your original outfit. You know, before he helped. Plaid shorts are not a good look on you." Yana pulled out her phone to prove her point.

"Iwa-chan betrayed me?!" Oikawa winced as he saw the picture. It was a very unflattering photo, that's for sure. "Konpeito-chan~ you should totally delete that photo; I can send you a much cuter selfie in return."

"I kinda like this one though. It really brings out your bad taste in clothes. You'll have to take it if you want to delete it." Yana stuck her tongue out at him. "But since Hajime can just send another copy to me there would be no point in trying."

Oikawa took her challenge and reached for her phone. Yana moved it to the left just before he could grab it. "Konpeito-chan you should let me win!"

Yana giggled as they continued their game. "No can do! Losing isn't my thing."

The pair ran around the meadow and seemed to join the fireflies in their dance. Unlike the fireflies they weren't nearly as graceful which resulted in them both falling. Yana fell first then Oikawa fell right after in a makeshift attempt to catch her. Yana closed her eyes to prepare for the impact, but her head never hit the floor, instead she felt Oikawa's hand stop the collision. "Are you alright?"

Yana blushed at his closeness when she realized he had fallen on top of her. She couldn't move very much as he was holding himself up over her with one hand, their legs tangled together. "Y-yeah I'm good, thanks." Her blush on her face was thankfully partially obscured by the dim lighting of the night. Yana looked up at him and their eyes met. Every ounce of breath she had seemed to be taken from her and left to float into the air like midnight smoke.

Yana's heart raced at a mile a minute and the fluttering in her stomach didn't wane in the slightest. She didn't want to give a name to this feeling because she already knew what it was, and Yana wasn't quite sure if she was ready for it yet. She definitely wasn't against it though.

Oikawa took his opportunity to take a good look at her face. Even in the moonlight her eyes seemed to speak volumes. Brown eyes were common but not hers. Even if for five seconds, the emotions held inside resonated with him. Perhaps he was just projecting his own emotions on to her but even so. He couldn't look away. Oikawa had come to terms with his feelings long ago and resolved himself to be rejected if he asked her out.

The pair were under the stars at one in the morning and wearing the most unflattering pajamas they both owned. It wasn't the typical kind of romantic, but it had its own charms. With no one but the moon and stars as their witness, Oikawa ever so slowly inched his lips closer to hers...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 6.2K 21
*:・゚𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐧. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. ✧・゚:* After losing her sports scholarship...
736K 24.5K 44
"𝐰𝐨𝐰! 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐤." ༺ where one of Japan Volleyball Team's player is a seventeen year...
497K 15.1K 26
She used to be the ace of a powerhouse school. She was known as the best ace is the country. Until one day, her disease got to her. The pain was unbe...
232K 6K 34
What happens when Shiratorizawa is blessed with a very, very pervy manager, but they can't go back on their words now since the coach personally aske...