Moonchildren

By ZeroGlitchez8

Seven tattered lost souls, seven problems each weighing on different shoulders, all brought together by the m... More

CHARACTERS
•Kim Seokjin•
•Min Yoongi•
•Jung Hoseok•
•Park Jimin•
•Kim Taehyung•
First meeting
Farewell
Yoongi
Namjoon
Seokjin
Hoseok
Jimin
Taehyung
Liberty (Namjin)
Liberty (Yoongseok)
Liberty (Taemin)
Heineken The Healer
Kaja
Well Damn
Loser Lover
I Fuck With You
Home
Welcome To Hell
Lights out
The Revolution
On A Mission
On A Mission 2
It's Going Down Basement
I'm sorry
In Sync
Heineken The Healer II
Tree Climbing
Healing
Hustle Life
The Mall
Drunk Dazed
Puzzled
Mommy
Tear
New Start
Smartphones
New Us
Beach Brawl
Tower Of Hope
Insomnia
Let It Die
DNA
Harmony
Moonchildren
Thank You!

•Kim Namjoon•

1.1K 32 13
By ZeroGlitchez8

"Namjoon-ah!" A shrills voice travels up the marble spiral staircase, to the second floor and enters the said boy's room ending in a troubling echo.

Namjoon, flinches at the sudden sound. "Namjoon-ah! Come here!" His heart beat races at the furious command.

He quickly shuts his notebook and places it atop of the mountain of books already conquering his grey oakwood desk top. "I'll be there in a sec!" He yells loudly yet with a tone that hold atmost respect.

He quickly removes his earphones and places them in his desk shelve. He then quickly run down stairs hesitantly wondering as to why he's summoned so urgently. Did he do something wrong and might not have noticed? It cannot be about his grades, he got a perfect score in all his subjects according to his last report. He did all of his homework and he was just studying. What could it be?

Before he arrives at the stairs, he takes off his hoodie he had completely forgotten about. Underneath, revealing a white button up shirt. He tucks it into his pants and adjusts his belt holding onto his slacks. He then quickly fixes his collar before, "Namjoon-ah!" before that. He runs down the steps and follows his mother's voice into their living room.

"Eomma?" He enters the living and humbly bows towards her. "Abeoji." he turns towards him and how's as well, as soon as he looks up, he is met with the scorching gazes of the elders so places his hands behind his back and gazes at the floor.

"Namjoon-ah." He mother starts, tone hard.

"Eomma." He bows, once again.

"Is there something you would wish to tell us?" His mother, Hajoon, asks in an intimidatingly calm voice, considering her previous tone, Namjoon was sure she was going to bit his head off.

"I-I don't believe so." He meets her gaze and shakes his head no softly.

"Are you sure about that?" She presses.

"Certainly." Namjoon answers firmly.

"Nothing at all? No secrets? No distractions?" Hajoon continues to interrogate. Namjoon starts feeling unsure himself. He fishers with his fingers behind his back.

"A-affirmative." He looks away and stiffens up.

"Hm." Hajoon nobs, bitting her inner cheek, her eyes unreadable.

"Daehyun."

At that, he moves, for the first time since Namjoon entered the room. This results in the boy shifting uncomfortably on his feet. His father, Daehyun, extracts something from behind his back.

Namjoon's eyes grow two time larger, glues to the tattered, poorly kept object.

"Does this look familiar, adeul?" He questions, same tone as his wife who stands with her hands on her hips, head tilted to the side.

"A-abeo-"

"Does this look familiar? Ye hog-eun anio?(yes or no?)" He raises his tone. Namjoon flinches. He ponders over what he could possibly answer.

If he says yes, his parents might kill him, according to his beliefs. If he were to say no, it would obviously be a lie. It's has his name written all over it, literally!

"A-ani." He answers before he could think it through.

"Oh, so you're denying that you're , Kim Namjoon, aka, Rap Monster, aka RM?" He mother reads the cover in pure disgust. Mentally facepalms himself self for two reasons. One being, he just lied in his parents faces when he was clearly guilty and 'B', he wrote his name all over the cover!

An ugly silence settles in, Namjoon's eyes locked with his mother's as they weaver.

"I...I can explain." He begins, feeling a lump in his throat.

"Explain what?!?" She loses it and throws the book at him. It collided with his chest harshly, painfully. No, the book didn't hurt, in fact, he felt no physical pain but the fact that his own mother did that and the feeling of guilt hit him hard.

"Eo-"

"No! Namjoon d-"

"Hajoonie yobo (honey). Let him speak. Let's see what asinine reasoning he want to provide." He places a hand on her shoulders and pulls her into his arms.

"Proceed." Daehyun gestures with a head nod in his direction coldly. His throat suddenly dries as he looks at the scraps of paper on the floor holding what he had hoped would be his future.

"Th-this is...Uhm these are my...lyrics." he mumbles the last part but it was clear enough for the couple to hear.

"You're what now?" Hajoon shoots daggers at him, daring the dark haired to repeat his words.

"P-poetry a-and rap s-songs." He stumbles over his words, eyes growing wet.

"H-How dare you?!" Her mother screeches pointing an acusing finger.

"You should be ashamed of yourself!" Daehyun follows.

Namjoon is left stunned, lips slightly parted.

"Do you know, how much, money we've spent on you, sending you off to expensive schools, providing you with the best education I could possibly get you, so you could take over your father's business. And this, this is how you repay us?!?" Hajoon trembles.

Those words. Those words bring back all the depression, anxiety and pressure he's experience throughout his years live an uncontrollable tidal wave.

"You're ungrateful!"

His breaths feel limited to almost none, his fingers tremble.

"A disgrace to the Kim name."

A million voices scream at him at once.

"How could you?"

Heartbeat accelerats.

The reason he knows nothing about the outside world.

"You don't earn respect, power, wealth by practicing some, some retarded music."

The reason he has no one else to talk to but his tutors and his books.

"W-well I never asked you to put in those expensive schools." He says, calmly.

The room once again falls silent and only now do his words actually reach his own ears. When he realises what he said to his parents, his eyes widen.

"Wait, no, I didn't mean i-"

"Shut up." Daehyun commands, Namjoon goes mutes.

"But, I'm s-"

"Get out." Hajoon speaks.

"Mian-"

"I don't want to hear it! And you know what?!" She moves towards her and Namjoon takes a step back afraid she might do something. He holds his breath waiting for it. A slap, a shove, anything. But then, nothing.

He feels slightly relieved when he feels nothing but what follows, causes him to let his tears, that he tried so hard to hold back, fall down his soft cheeks.

"No!" He cries out and clutches his heart.

He watches as the flames in the fireplace feed on his notebook, his dreams, along with his heat burn into nothing. Hard work, sleepless nights, search for inspiration and satisfaction when he finally find the perfect way to express his words. Gone. All of it.

He watches the glowing lights flicker and crackle as if they were teasing him with a trembling lower lip.

"I think that will teach you a lesson, and maybe, you'll finally wake up." Hajoon spits bitterly and stomps away, followed by Daehyun.

He falls to his knees, covers his face with his large hands and let's his tears flow freely down his hands, trailing his forearms and finally, land on the floor.

After a few seconds, he is hit with this burning urge to get as far away from the house as possible. He gets up, hyperventilating. He runs towards the door and slips on his his shoes. Once he finally gets his feet in, he burst out the door and runs. Runs out their drive way and to the large solid golden gate. He hurriedly punches in the pass code and as soon as there is a gap big enough for him to go through, he throws himself out of it and stumbles out into the empty streets of Daegu. He runs just to get far enough from home as possible.

One the huge mansion is out of sight, he stops. He hunches over, hands on his knees, chest heaving up and down. He collapses onto the ground and let's out his sobs not caring if anyone could or couldn't hear him at the moment. He cries, until his eyes throb painfully.

With no more tears left to spear, he tilts his head towards the sky. His eyes meet a bright illusive body displayed Boldt in the background of the gloomy midnight sky. A full moon.

He immediately stops his cries and his hiccups disappear, mysteriously. He continues to stare at the moon, unblinking.

Without warning, he leaps to his feet with a new found energy and he runs. Runs off the where? Where the moon wants him to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 2.4K 47
This is a story of two people with their own troubled past and present who see no chances in changing that, neither when they were proposed to get ma...
240K 9.1K 50
We all have scars. From loving someone too deeply, From wanting to protect someone so much. Jimin saves Jungkook. Jungkook doesn't know it was him...
133K 3.2K 17
I wrote these all like a year ish ago and just found them. Some aren't too good but at the time I never thought of publishing them. Anyway, enjoy. (P...
111K 5.7K 19
If they knew what went through his mind, they would never leave him alone. ** Contains self harm