See You In My Dreams (Stray K...

By JHPixelizedJM

A typical high school story consisting of different high school students pursuing their dreams, love, and fri... More

Ch. 1: The Beginning
Ch. 2: My Saviour
Ch. 3: The Elites
Ch. 4: Reason
Ch. 5: Battle
Ch. 6: Playing Hero
Ch. 7: Two in the Morning
Ch. 8: Proposal
Ch. 9: Girlfriend
Ch. 10: Carry Me Home
Ch. 11: Help
Ch. 12: Saved Again
Ch. 13: First Kiss
Ch. 14: She Was Perfect
Ch. 15: Better First Impression
Random Skit Totally No One Asked For
Ch. 16: Caught
Ch. 17: Someone Who Knows
Ch. 18: Sing for Me, Play for Me
Ch. 19: Sneaky Escape
Ch. 20: Weekend Hangout
Ch. 21: Who Likes Who?
Ch. 22: A Proper Thanks
Ch. 23: Help pt. 2, Him
Ch. 24: Right When I Need You
Ch. 25: Deja Vu, and a Strange Feeling
Ch. 26: Out of Character
Ch. 27: Who You Tryna Impress?
Ch. 28: Love, When I Don't Need It
Ch. 29: The Undeniable Truth
Ch. 30: I Like YOU
Poll for Next Series
Ch. 31: Relationship Status: ???
Ch. 32: A Dangerous Challenge
Ch. 33: It's Worth A Try
Ch. 34: If It's Not Serious
Ch. 36: Misdirected Torture
Ch. 37: Jealousies and Insecurities
Ch. 38: All A Huge Misunderstanding
Ch. 39: Sincere For Once
Ch. 40: Before I Leave
Random Skit #2
Ch. 41: Dreams Come True
Ch. 42: Even More Surprises
Ch. 43: The Little Troublemaker
Ch. 44: Studio Romance...?
Ch. 45: "Kid Problem"
Not an update buuuuttt...
Ch. 46: Some Friendly Advice
Ch. 47: One Last Reunion
Ch. 48: A Baseless Scandal; A Tough Dilemma
Ch. 49: The Meaning Behind His Words
Ch. 50: Some Revelations to Fix Misunderstandings
Ch. 51: A Conference and A Threat
Ch. 52: Let's Talk "Man-to-Man"
Ch. 53: Wedding Disasters
Ch. 54: But, I Don't Want to...
Final Chapter: A Dream in Reality
Note... Before Special Chapters
Epilogue: Youngmin
Special Chapter: The Squad, and How It Came to Be Pt. 1
Special Chapter: Zero; Jeon Y/N as Cameo
Special Chapter: The Squad, and How It Came to Be Pt. 2
Special Chapter: One; Midnight Texts
Special Chapter: The Squad, and How It Came to Be Pt. 3
The Final Skit!!!
Sneak Peek | One Beat
QnA Everybody!

Ch. 35: Dating For Real, This Time

660 27 65
By JHPixelizedJM

"What do you think you're doing with my girlfriend?" Hyunjin asks in a low growl as he glares at Jisung, a dark expression on his face.

Your eyes widen in surprise as you look at Hyunjin. Out of all times, why would he suddenly appear now? And the words he had said... Now, he's just being absurd. You try to pull your hand out of his grip, but his grip stays firm, not letting go of you as he continues glaring at Jisung. "Hyunjin," you then say, trying to catch his attention. "Let me go." You try to get out of his grasp again, but Hyunjin doesn't even notice you at all because of his anger for the boy before him.

Then Jisung speaks up. "Hyunjin, let Y/N go! You're hurting her!"

At those words, it's as if Hyunjin had just woken up from a trance, and he quickly lets go of your hand as he turns to you, his eyes widening. "Y-Y/N... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," you say, cutting him off before looking at him with a stern gaze. "But please don't go around saying absurd things about me again."

Hyunjin's eyes widen at your words. What exactly do you mean?

"I'm not your girlfriend, Hyunjin."

"W-what? But-" A surprised expression forms on the boy's face, and he struggles to say a word to you in the next seconds. "B-but, you agreed-"

"It's not even serious," you say, cutting him off again. "And we never even had any feelings for each other since the beginning."

"But I do!" Hyunjun shouts, a pleading look forming in his eyes as he looks at you.

"And I don't," you reply, your gaze dull as you look at him. "I'm sorry, but that's the truth." And with that, you walk past Hyunjin, grab Jisung's hand, then walk out of the place back inside the cafeteria.

Jisung's eyes are wide as he walks behind you, trying to keep up with your pace as you pull him until he eventually catches up. And when he does, he feels your grip on his hand tighten, making him look at you in concern. "... Y/N?"

You sigh for a moment, before you quickly turn to Jisung and place a quick kiss on his lips. His eyes widen, and you quickly look away to your side as you pull away and stand back on your feet. "I like you, too," you say softly, suddenly becoming shy as you avoid Jisung's gaze. "And I... I accept your confession."

Jisung's eyes widen once again, then he eventually smiles as he looks down shyly. And in the next second, you feel something soft on your cheek, disappearing in the next second. And when you turn to him, you see him smiling at you sweetly. "Me, too."

You eventually smile back at him, then the both of you agree to go to the table you share with your friends, hand in hand and still smiling shyly.

《♧》

"You really are shameless, aren't you?"

"What do you think you're some kind of princess or something?"

"Just die."

"People like you shouldn't even be allowed to breathe. You're nothing but a waste of oxygen."

"What made you think anyone would believe you didn't do it?"

What made you think...

Anyone...

Would believe...

"YOU DID IT!"

"YOU PLACED THAT STRING THERE!"

"YOU ALMOST KILLED HER!"

"YOU ALMOST KILLED JEON Y/N!"

A loud shriek escapes Juyeon as she drops her phone, her hands quickly going to her head and grabbing her hair. Her expression is livid, and her pupils are shaking crazily as she mutters words she had been repeating endlessly all to no avail. "I didn't do it... I swear, I didn't do it... I... I..." Sobs then escape her, and she curls herself up like a ball, in that dark janitor's closet that barely has anyone checking and passing by it.

Though, of course, at this point, it isn't being discovered that's the most of her problems now. Juyeon knows she's going mad, and if pushed any further, she could fall into a deep abyss of madness, her sanity soon disappearing down the drain. If only there was someone who would pull her back onto safe ground. But no one would even believe her. Not even Hyunjin who knows her past well. Who knows her past well the most, not to mention.

Yet another "ding" sounds from Juyeon's phone, and she jerks, knowing just what that notification could be about again. Then she shakes, knowing that reading that message would probably be what's going to send her down the abyss. Curiosity compels her, and the sudden want to just give in to madness, and she slowly reaches out for her phone, her face still buried in her knees. "This is it," she thinks. "If this is how things are gonna end... Then what was even the point of it all?"

Suddenly, however, Juyeon's eyes widen and she instinctively pulls her hand back when light washes into the closet, and a sudden memory plays inside her head.

Hyunjin. From 4 years ago.

Immediately, Juyeon turns her head, only to feel slight disappointment when she sees someone else. "Oh... you..." she mumbles, only to suddenly feel fear as she quickly moves further into the closet as she looks towards the newcomer cautiously. "Wait, if you're here for revenge, then don't-" She lets out a yelp when the person suddenly kneels infront of her to get on her level, only to quickly place his arms around her in the next second. Juyeon's eyes widen when she realizes what had just happened, then she goes limp as her eyes droop down, looking at the shoulder of the boy hugging her. "Why..."

"Juyeon," Jeongin says, his voice calm and gentle. "Did you think I would just forget? You did, though. Four years ago, you saved me when I was being bullied. And because of that, I never hated you no matter how many times you bullied me."

Juyeon stays silent for a few seconds, then she speaks just as she rests her forehead on Jeongin's shoulder. "Are you stupid?" she mumbles, though, of course, she would never admit to feeling a bit relieved as tears start forming in her eyes.

"I believe you," Jeongin then says, and that was enough to make Juyeon cry infront of him.

She had never thought she'd end up crying in someone else's arms other than Hyunjin. But here she is, crying in the arms of the boy she had both saved and bullied. Who knew, right?

But right at that moment, Juyeon just knows she feels thankful. She was pulled away from the abyss just right in time.

《♧》

Classes eventually ended, and as soon as your classes ended, your friends could clearly see how giddy you are about leaving the classroom.

Yunho turns to Denise with his brow raised as he watches you hurriedly packing your things. "Someone's excited," he then mumbles to his seatmate who smirks.

"What do you expect? That's her first date. Of course, she'd be excited," Denise replies as you're already standing up from your seat while picking up your bag.

"Aaaand who's gonna tell her if she ever forgets about her school responsibilities because of all that dating? Not to mention her tutoring and self-defense classes?" Yunho asks, and Denise turns to him with furrowed brows.

"Why don't you do it, then?" she then asks him challengingly, and Yunho turns to her with wide eyes.

"What?! And interrupt her date with Jisung?! No way!" Yunho shakes his head, wearing a mixed expression of fear and disapproval on his face. "First off, I do not approve of such an action! Second, SHE'D KILL ME!"

Denise laughs at his words. "Haha! Of course. Considering how you are with Y/N."

"Exactly... So what? Are we just gonna leave her be if she starts forgetting her responsibilities?"

"I don't think she would do that," Denise replies as she looks towards you again, seeing you head out of the classroom with a smile on your face. "After all, that's Y/N. I'm sure she can still be responsible even when she's already in her first relationship."

Yunho just nods in agreement just as they both notice you reaching the door and facing your friends.

"I'll be going ahead now, guys! See you tomorrow!" you tell them with a wave, later on leaving with a skip in your steps after they nod.

"I can't believe our Y/N had already grown!" Youngmin suddenly adds in with fake crying sounds after you had left, and Yunho and Denise turn to him with unimpressed looks on their faces.

"Y/N's always been grown, though," Yunho says and Denise adds in her own statement.

"And I'm the youngest here! Why do you all keep forgetting that?!"

"Because you act like an aunt?" Yunho says as he turns to Denise who turns to him with an offended expression.

"I swear, if you weren't my boyfriend, I'd have already gone full-on Jeon Y/N on you!" Denise tells him, and the boy laughs playfully at her.

Meanwhile, Youngmin's eyes are wide as he looks at his two friends. "... Wait, what?! Since when?!"

Immediately, Yunho's eyes widen as well, and he looks towards Denise who just smiles playfully at Youngmin. "Since that time at the karaoke booths."

A sigh of disbelief just leaves Youngmin as he looks at his friends. "Y'all are just a bunch of traitors!"

"Oh, wow! And you were being all proud and brotherly when it was Y/N going on a date?!" Denise asks Youngmin with wide eyes.

"I didn't even know I was the only single one left in our group!" Youngmin responds.

"Well," Yunho then inserts as he places an arm around Denise. "Sucks to be you, I guess. We're going on a date tonight, too."

"Wa-wa-wait. Does Y/N even know about this?" Youngmin suddenly asks and the couple shake their heads with smiles on their faces.

"Nope."

Once again, Youngmin looks at the two with disbelief. "You guys really are a bunch of traitors!"

"Go ahead and tell her then."

"Yah!"

Eventually, the couple left, leaving Youngmin in the classroom, still baffled.

《♧》

You arrive at the carnival, just in time at 6:00, and changed in comfortable clothes with your hair tied up in a fancy hairstyle. And as soon as you reach the entrance, your face lights up as soon as you see Jisung, standing there and waiting for you.

And boy, does he look good!

"Jisung!" you call out to him, and he immediately turns to you, his face lighting up as well at the sight of you. You then approach him, and as soon as you reach him, he turns shy as he brings his hand to the back of his neck and he looks to his side.

"... Hey," he says, and you reply with an equally shy smile and a hum.

Your eyes then wander off to the carnival past Jisung, and your smile brightens before you turn to him and grab his hand, making him turn to you. "Let's go?"

His smile brightens as well, and he nods and clasps your hand, humming in response before you both walk inside.

"So... What do you wanna do first?" Jisung then asks you once you've both found yourselves in the middle of several stalls selling food and souvenirs. "I'll just let you take the lead since this is my first date..."

Your eyes widen before you turn to him. "Seriously?! This is my first date, too!" you tell him, and Jisung looks at you with a surprised expression.

"Even your first relationship?"

"Mm-hmm." You nod your head and Jisung continues looking at you with a surprused expression. Later on, he eventually wears an amazed expression as his eyes wander around.

"Wah~ Really? We must be fated, then," he says, smiling at the thought. "We're both each other's first relationship and first date."

You just chuckle at his words. "Sure, we are..." And then you start looking around until your eyes land on something that had caught your eye: a shooting game, the one where you pop a balloon with a dart and you get something for a prize if you succeed. "Let's try that one!" you immediately say excitedly while pointing your finger at the stall, and Jisung turns to where you're pointing at.

"Oh, that? Do you want me to win you a prize?" he asks as he turns back to you.

You respond with a challenging smile. "No. I want to see if you can beat me."

"What?" Jisung's eyes widen, nd before he could even say any further, you run towards the stall, pulling him behind you. "H-hey-"

"Come on!" you tell him, laughing as you look back at him trying to catch up to you. Eventually, you reach the stall, and Jisung pays for six darts (three for him, three for you), much to your disapproval to him saying he should pay for everything since he's the boyfriend.

"Let's have a bet, then," Jisung then says after you're continuous whining about the payments. "If you win, I'll let you pay for your expenses and I'll pay for mine. And if I win," he turns to you with that bright smile of his, "I'll pay for everything and you won't have to say anything about it."

You roll your eyes as you pick up your three darts, while facing towards the board of balloons. "Alright, then. But if we both win, I'm paying for the next thing we're trying... Oh! And we'll exchange prizes, too!"

And eventually, the both of you ended up winning.

"Huh," you say as Jisung's third dart successfully hits a balloon, making it pop. "You won."

"What you thought I would lose?" he says as he looks at you with his brow raised. "If I want to win you something, then I'm definitely not gonna."

"Now where's all this confidence coming from?" you ask teasingly.

Jisung just replies with a playful smile.

"Please choose your prize," the stall-watcher then says, and Jisung turns back to the watcher with a slightly surprised expression.

"Oh, the Squirtle keychain, please," Jisung tells the watcher who nods before taking the rather big keychain (just about the size of your palm without the fingers) from the prize board and handing it to him. "Thank you." Jisung then turns to you, holding out the keychain. "So? What did you get?"

You smile playfully as you raise your "prize" up for him to see. You were expecting this, though, and even if Jisung didn't win, you still would have given the prize to him. And when you were choosing your prize, you started to feel a bit mischievous as your eyes eventually landed on it. Think Tim Burton's corpse bride in real life, but in the form of a very similar-looking doll.

"Ah!" Jisung lets out a small yelp as you raise the doll, and granted he was definitely surprised. Even more so confused as to why you would choose such a thing. "T-that's your prize?" he asks as he points at it. Even the Squirtle keychain hanging from his fingers seems to limp upon being presented with the doll you had chosen.

"Yeah. Why? It's cute, though, don't you think?" you say to tease him.

Jisung gulps before he eventually wears a smile on his face and he nods. "Y-yeah. Sure. Of course, it's cute." A nervous laugh escapes him, only to be interrupted when you suddenly burst out laughing. Jisung then furrows his brows as he looks at you in confusion. "What-"

"I'm just messing with you," you then say, still laughing. "But you don't have to keep it if you're too scared of it..."

"No, of course, I'll keep it!" Jisung immediately says, his eyes wide as he takes the doll from you and places the Squirtle keychain in your hands. "I'll keep it! I'll even sleep with it if you want me to!"

You just laugh at his reaction before your gaze looks towards the doll, it's face almost covered by its hair and veil. A small smile then forms on your face as you look at it, then you turn to Jisung with a playful smile. "It's pretty isn't it?... Just like me?" you ask, and Jisung widens his eyes in strong disapproval before shaking his head.

"No!... You're prettier. In fact, you're way prettier than this doll. What even made you say it's just like you?"

"So you admit that you're scared of it?"

A scoff escapes Jisung, still hiding his flustered emotion. "Pfft, no! I just... Well, you know..." He lets his eyes wander before he eventually just rolls his eyes and gives up. "Well, you're definitely prettier," he says as he looks back at you, and you giggle.

And thus, your date commences.

And since it was both your first times, you definitely tried a lot of things, both of you taking turns to pay for the fees. Eventually, the night drew on, and by the time the clock struck nine, your date was over. Well, not really. Considering Jisung still has to walk you home.

You were both smiling and laughing as you left the carnival, your hands still intertwined, the corpse bride doll tucked inside Jisung's bag and the Squirtle keychain hanging from yours, and your hearts full and warm.

And as you both walk to your house, you glance towards Jisung. It's crazy to think that you had ever set aside his confession. Now that you're official, you're just glad that you weren't too late.

Jisung looks towards you as well, and he smiles as your eyes meet. "Quite a fun day, isn't it?" he asks, and you throw your head back and let out a small groan as you think back on the day's events.

"Well... for the latter part, I guess I could say 'yes'," you then say, and you look back at Jisung just as his smile brightens.

"Would you like to go again tomorrow?" he then asks.

Then your eyes widen when you remember something. "Ack! No! I have self-defense classes tomorrow evening..."

"Oh," Jisung just says as he looks towards the ground at his side. "Really?"

"I'm really sorry," you say. You'd say "yes", but apparently you still have a schedule to follow, and you start to feel guilty for denying him. Your guilt disappears, however, when Jisung suddenly looks at you with a reassuring smile then shakes his head.

"No, it's okay," he says, then he bends towards you as he whispers something playfully. "I might as well go there, too, anyway."

Your eyes widen, and once Jisung had pulled away, you look at him with narrowed eyes. "Really?"

Jisung nods, and you shake your head and giggle as you both continue walking to your house.

Eventually, you reach your house, and as you stop infront of it, you wear a small smile on your face as you turn back to Jisung. "Well, this is my stop," you tell him as you look up at him.

"Yup," he says, wearing a small smile of his own. "So... See you tomorrow?"

"Mm," you hum in response. "I'll- I'll be going in now, then," you say as you gesture to your house.

"Yeah, sure..."

You nod awkwardly before turning around, only to stop when Jisung calls out your name.

"Y/N, wait!"

And a smile forms on your face before you turn around only to be met with surprise when Jisung suddenly grabs you by your waist and pulls you in for a kiss.

Your eyes widen in surprise, but you eventually smile through the kiss, placing your arms around the boy's neck as you kiss him back.

After a few seconds, you pull away from each other, and smiles form on both your faces as you look into each other's eyes.

"I forgot to say 'good night'," Jisung then tells you, and you laugh lightly before you eventually let go of each other, soon standing apart while facing each other. "Good night, Y/N."

"Good night, Jisung," you tell him, and with that you walk inside your house, smiling like an idiot the whole time up until you fall asleep.

...

GAAAAAAHHHH! I SUCK AT WRITING FLUFF!

Sorry, I just couldn't help it. But I really struggled with that dating scene, and I just feel like it's lacking. By a lot.

Hope y'all still liked it, though.

Also, I decided to just end this chapter on a good note instead of the usual cliffhangers just to give y'all a break, so...

Anyway, stay safe and have a great day!

Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 172 13
-⚠️Smut⚠️ -Omegaverse -Funny -Mpreg -Emotional -Heart warming -Music you can listen to while reading -Enjoy (^•^)
3.8K 128 9
Oneshots that will either make your scream or cream ...HYUNIN oneshots #2 on hyunjeong
1.2M 53.4K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.3M 53.4K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...