Bump Set Spike (Oikawa X OC)

By Piggycats

(OC x OIKAWA) "I'm resigning from the Volleyball Club." Yana Iwaizumi used to love playing volleyball, but no... More

New Game
Family Dinner
Required Reading
Mobile Games
Number One
Fangirls
Mocha
Empty Coffee Mugs
Baby Steps
Match Point
Lunchbox
King of the Court
Hit or Miss
The Grand King
Not Gifted
Golden Week
Costume Change
Blocking 101
Stars and Aliens
Tokyo Boys
Cats and Crows
Kitty Claws
The Sylph
Fairy Libero
Gilded Fairy
Pink Lip-gloss
Oh Captain, My Captain
Clipped Wings
Flightless
Service Ace
Skyball
Accidents Happen
Long-lost Twin
Underwater Wonderland
We Meet Again
The Better Setter
Hit it...
...Till it Breaks
Fireflies
GG
A Queen
At The Place
Can You Pass the Eggs?
King and Queen
Mad Hatter's Tea Party
No Rest for the Wicked
Arrogance and Pride
Faker than Plastic
Hotarubi
I Want...
Uniform
Unknown Variable
Sharpened Fangs
The Final Play
For the Future
Aliens and Spaceships
For the Explorers

Day One

4.7K 119 17
By Piggycats

"You look nice." Iwaizumi deadpanned.

Yana smiled at his effort "Thank you"

The school wasn't that far from where they lived but it was still a little while away. They had to go up an unnecessarily steep hill to get to their school and she hated it with a burning passion. Uphill anything was a pain. Blame it on the lingering trauma from having to do laps up and down the hill whenever she missed the ball in volleyball practice.

"I'm going this way to the gym" Hajime pointed to the right. "And you just need to go straight and to the left to get to the main office. They should be open already. Sound good or do you want me to walk you?"

"I'm good" Yana chirped undeterred by one crucial factor. Directions were not her forte. It wasn't long before she got lost. She wandered through the halls pretending like everything was ok. The glossy cream tinged floor and white walls seemed to go on forever as she aimlessly wandered around. Yana lamented at her lack of navigation skills as she glanced out the window. "Maybe I should have asked Hajime for help." Thankfully, she was able to escape the confines of the building and make it out. She met eyes with another student. "Excuse me! Do you know where the main office is?" Yana could have sworn she saw him sigh.

"Yeah." His expression remained indifferent. "I'm going there too." He turned and began to walk in which Yana assumed, was the direction of the office. His dull brown eyes paired with his delicate features made him seem apathetic and tired, or perhaps he actually was.

She took his response as a cue to follow him. "What grade are you in?"

"I'm a first year student."

"Oh cool. Are you excited for your first day?"

"Not really."

Yana continued to keep her polite smile up as she tried to keep the conversation running. "What's your name?"

"Kunimi."

"I'm Iwaizumi. Ah, but my cousin also goes to this school so Yana would probably be easier."

Kunimi nodded in compliance. "Ok."

-----

The main office walls were painted white and the carpet teal -the school colors- which unfortunately clashed with the dark mahogany desks. There was an array of filing cabinets on the left of the desk with several stacks of paperwork haphazardly placed on top. The woman at the desk seemed like the well put together type -though her desk was a different story. She wore business casual dress wear and her blonde hair was tied up in a tight bun.

"Hi! I'm Iwaizumi Yana. I'm here to pick up my schedule." Yana wore her best 'first-impressions-matter' smile.

"Ah, The third year from Tokyo, correct?"

"That's me" she chirped.

"You'll be in the third-year building, class six." The woman handed her two sheets of paper. One of them had her schedule printed on it and the other was a club registration form. "We encourage our students to join some kind of club while in high school. It looks much better on your college entrance papers and it gives you a chance to try out new things while you are still young."

"Aha, of course. I'll consider it." Yana lied easily. She wanted to be part of the 'going home club'. After spending years of her life in the volleyball club she had decided she didn't want to wake up in the ungodly hours of the morning just to do exercise. She didn't mind the after school practice too much, but it still wasn't one of her favorite things to do. Honestly, it was hard to like anything with a demon coach breathing down your neck.

------

It wasn't long before students and teachers began to fill the campus and make their way to their classrooms. Yana waited outside the room till the teacher called her in, Yana took a deep breath and opened the door. It's just an intro. No big deal. It's not a big game or anything. You totally got this. She internally reassured herself. Yana scanned the room, much to her utter dismay yet expectation, she wasn't in the same class as Hajime.

She wrote her name on the board then turned back around to face her classmates. "Good morning everyone. My name is Iwaizumi Yana, but please call me Yana." She gave her classmates her best 'camera' smile. Something she had practiced many times for post-game interviews. "I'm a transfer student from Tokyo and I'll be joining your class and for future reference, my favorite candy is Konpeito" She winked playfully. "I look forward to spending the year with you." She gave them a quick bow and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. Nailed it. Yana made her way to her assigned seat.

"Wait! Iwaizumi? Like that Iwaizumi? Are you guys married!?" A male voice called out.

Yana and the other occupants in the room turned to face the owner of the voice. A boy with short, thick black hair sported a lopsided grin and curious grey eyes. There wasn't any trace of malice or mockery in his tone. He was simply curious.

Yana's 'camera smile' didn't falter. "The other Iwaizumi is actually my cousin. We are related."

The boy froze in what seemed to be shock. "You are cousins and you are married!?"

"No! We are just cousins! Nothing like that." Yana screamed internally as she tried to keep her voice level. So much for her good first impression. When the boy didn't reply she took her seat, which was unfortunately next to said boy.

"Aiko. Enough with your theories. Class is in session." The teacher sighed.

The sliding door slammed open revealing another student. "Sorry I'm late!" The tall boy had fluffy dark brown hair that swept outwards and an apologetic grin on his face. He was too far for Yana to see what color his eyes were, but she assumed it was probably the same color as his hair. Though she couldn't deny he was really attractive. "I got stopped by some of my fangirls, I couldn't exactly just leave them."

And down went those attractive points. Yana groaned quietly. Hot and flirtatious. Of course, he was.

"Just go to your seat" The teacher gestured for the boy to sit then began class.

------

By the time class was over Yana felt like she was ready to keel over and die. She knew that the curriculum from Tokyo and Miyagi would differ, but she didn't know it would differ to this extent. All the topics the class went over, she had learned the year prior back in her old high school.

"Hey Iwaizumi!" The voice next to her vyed for her attention. "My name is Aiko, nice to meet you."

"Likewise." Yana smiled pleasantly.

"Sorry about earlier. I was just really curious." Aiko chuckled nervously. "He scratched the back of his neck. "Is Tokyo really all it's made out to be?" He had always wanted to go but never really had the opportunity.

Yana answered without hesitation, "Yeah, it's pretty cool not going to lie."

Aiko gasped, his eyes sparkling. "Really?! That's awesome. I want to go to a college in the city so I can see it for myself."

"You should give it a shot. I'd say it's totally worth it." Yana's stomach growled. "Uh, anyway I'm ju-"

Aiko stood up abruptly and interrupted her. "You should each lunch together with us! Rini was saying she wanted to have a female friend." He chuckled awkwardly again. "Since I...I'm a dude I can't do that..." His sentence trailed off sadly.

Fuck. Yana conceded. "Alright. Sure. I'll meet your friend.

------

"Hihi! I'm Rini nice to meet you!" an overly enthusiastic girl practically bounced up and down as she introduced herself. She had a soft rounded jaw, a small nose and strawberry blonde hair that reached just below her shoulders in loose curls. Her innocent blue eyes glittered, not unlike a puppy.

"I'm Yana. Nice to meet you too. Aiko said you wanted another friend."

Rini immediately blushed. "W-what? H-he said what?" She covered her face embarrassed. It was very cute. "Sorry. I didn't know. You don't have to be here against your will or anything." Rini looked back up to Yana apologetically.

"No, no. It's alright. Since I just transferred here it works out perfectly. I don't really know anyone here apart from my cousin and I don't really want to keep intruding on his school life." Yana gently pried Rini's hands away from her face. "Don't worry about it, ok? We can be friends." Yana gave her a reassuring smile. "How about we exchange phone numbers too?"

Rini brightened. "Y-yes! I'd like that."

Yana took out her phone and handed it to Rini. The small blonde happily typed in her number then invited Yana to a group chat, the trio being the only members. "There we go!" Rini chirped as she handed Yana back her phone.

Aiko watched the exchange fondly. He liked Rini's smile the most. "Let's go get lunch and eat before break is over."

The trio talked as Aiko and Yana bought some food. Rini had made her own lunch so there was no need for her to get anything. They chose a table a little farther away from the center so they wouldn't be bombarded by people or any more questions. Somehow word had spread about 'the transfer from Tokyo'. "Wooooow~ you are soooooo popular." Rini giggled before she took a bite of her lunch. "Maybe a hotter topic than the volleyball captain being dumped." She teased.

Yana pursed her lips. That was one thing she always disliked about her old school. "Oh, gee lucky me." She paused for a moment. Yana wasn't going to get involved with any kind of volleyball related activities, but she was a little curious about the team. "Who is the captain?"

"His name is Oikawa Tooru! He is super cute!" Rini squealed. "Most of the girls here really like him. He is really sweet and charming." Rini sighed dreamily. "B-But I don't like him or anything! I just appreciate how cool he is."

Oikawa? That sounds like Trashykawa, but at the same time. They don't sound like the same person. Maybe I'll ask Hajime on the way home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 70 26
Oikawa x femreader Aoba Johsai first year, L/n Y/n is a shy, quiet girl and top student that likes to help out the student council. And something she...
905K 24.2K 40
-𝐡𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -in which y/n kindaichi joins aoba johsai's volleyball team as a third-year manager. along the...
442K 14.5K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
716K 24.1K 44
"𝐰𝐨𝐰! 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐤." ༺ where one of Japan Volleyball Team's player is a seventeen year...