DARKNESS IS LIGHT

By -monawrites

'Sometimes the DARKNESS you fear IS the LIGHT you seek' //MATURE CONTENT// A MAFIA ROMANCE Ranked: #1 bwwm ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
ALERT 🚨
Chapter 58
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter 9

119K 4.6K 3.7K
By -monawrites

KELSEY

"Me?" I questioned pointing to myself and looking around as if there was someone else in the room.

Of course it's you dummy.

He shot me an annoyed look and shook his head. " No, the person behind you."

"Huh?" I quizzed, annoying him and myself in the process.

I wasn't trying to be dumb. I understand exactly what he was saying but it's like my brain had a slow time processing what he said. If that makes any sense.

I finally picked up on his sarcasm.

"Are you dumb?" He groaned, obviously with the intention of disrespecting me.

Well if I wasn't dumb when I was born I obviously am now. I couldn't possibly be in my right mind after all those hits I took to my head back in New York.

Ahh. New York.

"No I'm not." I stated with a bit of sass before getting up from the bed.

"So come on then and stop acting like it." As I was about to step off to follow him a wave of dizziness washed over me and I almost fell to the ground had it not been for the night table.

I grabbed ahold of it and it toppled over in the process.

"What the fuck is wrong with you piccola ragazza?" He rushed to where I was, harshly grabbing my upper arm and placing me to sit on the bed.
[Little girl]

"Non so cosa cazzo c'è che non va in mio fratello. Comprare una puttana che può camminare anche da sola. Decisamente attutire." He grumbled while picking up the table.
[I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my brother. Buying a whore who can't even walk on her own. Definitely dumb.]

They're always speaking in another language, definitely saying something they don't want me to hear.

"Come on." He grumbled before heading back to the door.

"What language is that?" What the fuck is wrong with my brain. I speak before I could even comprehend that I was speaking and by the time I realize I spoke, he'd already heard what I had spoken.

He turned his attention to me and I stopped, suddenly feeling afraid.

"I'm sorry... I don't... I'm sorry." I apologized feeling unbelievably stupid.

"Italian. Are you sure you're not dumb?" I groaned at his question. Of course am not.

Sounds a little like Spanish.

"No I'm not. My mind just feels mustered and confused. I don't know what's wrong with me. Oh my God, maybe I am dumb!" I tried explaining but ended up overreacting.

"Calm down cioccolato. It's probably the concussion." He smirked at me as if he received joy from seeing me being fearful of really being a dummy.
[Chocolate]

"Concussion?" I asked as if I didn't already hear.

"You know I am getting really tired of the meaningless repetitive questions and of having to repeat myself." He cooed stepping close to me. It startled me how his voice sounded so soothing but yet destructive. This man is scary and hell. I took a few seconds to observe his facial features and he was quite good looking. Sharp jawlines, piercing blue eyes and jet black hair perfectly slicked back on his head.

He's really disturbing.

He gave me a murderous vibe. Like a goodlooking psychotic serial killer vibe.

I started backing away from him.

Sorry I ain't tryna end up in a suitcase drifting in the middle of a river.

He grabbed my hand before I could get further away from him and grumbled, "Andiamo. Mi stai facendo perdere tempo." Before hauling me from the room and down a towering hallway.
[Let's go. You're wasting my time]

As I walked or rather jogged trying to keep up with his pace, he released my hand and I sighed in relief.

I watched as his tall frame strutted before me and his muscles flexed effortlessly. His broad shoulders and thick neck were quite attractive but his ass. Yes his ass took the cake.

Glutes contracting and relaxing with his every step had my eyes mesmerized. I was so distracted I almost tripped over my own feet.
He just looked back at me and shook his head.

As we neared and area in the apparent mansion or castle. Well it must be a fucking castle cause the halls are huge. I heard alot of commotion. Loud boisterous laughter had no trouble traveling to reach my ear and a fearful feeling tugged at my heart. The voices were like thunder, I cannot explain how deep the bass was. Almost had me pissing myself.

"You're a bloody liar Carlo. Fucking cheat!" I heard someone shout and a loud bang. It wasn't a gunshot, more like the reaction of someone's hand hitting wood. Nevertheless it still caused me to flinch.

When we arrived at the source of the noise, the man before me stopped for a minute before stepping into the room. Inside there were about eight men gathered, four of which sat around and medium sized tabled with card in their hands.

They were playing cards. That's what caused all that noise.

Well judging by their sizes it hard to expect silence. They were as big as the one I was following and in covered with tattoos too.

The smell of alcohol and marijuana danced through my nostrils and down into my lungs. I gagged a bit not wanting to cough and draw attention to myself. I stood outside of the room looking in on them as they were absorbed in the game of cards.

"What's he done this time?" I heard the guy I was following laugh, making his way over to the table.

"I didn't do shit." One of the guys at the table laugh defending himself.

"Oh fuck off Carlo. You always fucking cheating. You know how he is Enzo." He pointed at the guy I was following with one hand while carefully observing the cards he had in the other.

So that's his name. Enzo.

Nice name. Not so nice guy.

"Yeah. I know how he is. Fucking puttana always being sneaky." Enzo laughed.

"Oh come on bro, you gonna side with Marco." He faked disappointed and Enzo grinned. " Dante you know what's up." He pointed to one of the other guys at the table trying to get someone on his side.

"I don't know man, ask Aldo. He's seen everything." Dante said, I'm assuming that's him.

Carlo just sucked his teeth. And then unnamed one at the table chuckled. I'm guessing he's Aldo.

"Why you don't ask me Carlo." Aldo grinned.

"Fuck off." Was all Carlo said before looking back at his cards.

"You don't wanna ask me cause you know I know you a fucking cheat huh?" Everyone laughed at Aldo's remark and he continued.

"Enzo am telling you, he ain't lose one game and we been playing for hours now. The man's a cheat bro. I was sitting here in one round feeling already victorious cause I got a good ass hand." He stood up and made his way to Enzo who had a crazy grin on his face. "I'm here playing like a pro and then boom. This motherfucker right here stole the game."

He placed his hands on Enzo's shoulder with a strong manly grip as everyone laughed. "I'm telling you ain't no fucking way he won all the games honestly." Enzo had his hands folded across his chest, standing firm and laughing hysterically.

"This brother." Aldo pointed to Carlo. "Is a cunning bitch."

I was frightened to see Carlo dying of laughter.

As strange feeling washed over me as I saw them. They were somewhat like a family.

Something I never had.

"Whatever, fuck you Aldo." Carlo grinned as also took his seat again.

"I know I got Ashley on my side. Right Ashley?" He looked behind him and I followed his eyes.

I realized something I hadn't noticed before. There were two black men sitting on a small table smoking with a white girl sitting between them. My eyes scanned the room more thoroughly and I saw another black man standing and talking with two other men.

Good to know I ain't the only person of color up in this bitch.

"She's busy." I was pulled from my thought as one of the black men spoke, right before latching his mouth to the girl's nipple, sucking it though her blouse.

Carlo sucked his teeth going back to the game and the girl giggled, rubbing the guys head as he devoured he chest.

Suddenly her eyes landed on me and she cocked he her to the side, a frustrated look on her face.

"Who's that?" She pointed at me and in a fraction of a second ...

ALL EYES WERE ON ME.

__________________________________

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AGAIN 😊

I love you guys so much 😍😍😍

Please remember
VOTE 😘
COMMENT 🙈
FOLLOW ❤️

Until next time.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986K 43.7K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
1.9M 61.6K 39
|Mature Content| ••• {Editing and Revising in progress} - Highest ranking #59 Romance #2 Chicklit #1 Diversity
578K 10.6K 30
Not everyone in this world lives in a life of cruel world some people want a normal life. Some people live innocent life. So here is our female lead...
7.6K 279 16
When you set your eyes on two innocent eyes, you are drawn into a world of darkness unlike anything you've seen. I mean, I'm aware that this world do...