Dream On [HS.AU]

Par stopcryingbabyy

A story set in the 70's rock scene that follows two rockstars destined for greatness. What could go wrong? Plus

INTRO
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen^
Chapter Twenty
Chapter 21
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six^
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight^
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven^
Chapter Forth Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six^
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two
Roses and Thorns: Special Issue
I Love You.
NEW FIC
New Famousrry Fic!
New bandrry fic!

Chapter Twenty Seven

2.3K 49 25
Par stopcryingbabyy

Harry Styles

10 AM, I woke up to the sun breaking through the cracks in the blinds with Halle fast asleep in my bed. She looked so peaceful and so beautiful, like her world consisted of nothing but happiness. It doesn't, but she radiates it 24/7 and even when she's asleep, she has you completely entranced by her beauty.

When she woke up, she rolled over to face me and just smiled, so I kissed her forehead and hopped in the shower, unsure of what to say. Little does she know, i' r not had a woman in my bed like this in so long. I've slept with women, but they normally leave before I wake up, so to be greeted with Halle's presence the second I opened my eyes, it was a blessing and a half.

Once I was out of the shower, she was sitting up in bed looking out of the window, letting the sun cast a golden glow over her face and her unbrushed hair which looks just as good as when it's done.

Her album comes out tonight, and I think she's nervous. I mean, of course she's excited, but it's her debut album so of course she's nervous. We're all going out tonight, the whole label that is, to celebrate it being released and I think my mum will be joining us. Halle's family can't make it, but they'll be celebrating in London I'm sure.

Just when I was away to talk, say something to Halle and offer her breakfast, somebody knocked at my door. My heart dropped, and Halle's did too because if somebody sees us here, and our clothes on the floor, we'll be fucked. This is against everything in our contracts and we're only supposed to be 'friendly' in front of journalists, not behind closed doors in each other's beds.

"Don't stress, it'll be Sam and erm..just stay here," I awkwardly respond, rushing to my front door and closing the bedroom one behind me, wearing just a towel around my waist.

I opened the door and it was in fact Sam standing there. He looked down at me and shook his head, then looked at his watch because apparently it's so wrong to be just out of the shower at 10:40 in the morning.

"I'll meet you downstairs in ten." He says, through a sigh.

"Why?" I frown, not really wanting to spend time with my manager on my day off.

"Because we need to talk? Be there or you won't be going out tonight Styles," Sam crosses his arms.

"You're not my parent Sam, you're my manager. I'll be there, but stop acting like you can boss me around." I roll my eyes, closing the door half way. "You work for me."

I closed the door and headed back to the bedroom, Halle was standing looking out the window admiring the view. She looked at me when I entered the room again, smiling and then yawning, which made me laugh a little. Somehow, she still looks good when she's yawning.

"I've got to meet Sam in ten minutes." I sigh disappointedly. "Leave your dress and that here, I'll get it dry cleaned at some point."

"Don't worry, I can do it." She smiled, stepping over towards me and the piles of clothes from last night we kicked off in a hurry.

"Halle, I've got it love." I tell her, pulling open my drawers to find some clothes to wear.

I pull out a pair of shorts with a drawstring to chuck at Halle, give her something to wear on her bottom half as she heads back to her apartment. She's probably got a busy day ahead of her. Album release days are always busy as fuck.

Halle changed and when I was still standing in a pair of jeans, topless, she announced she better head because she needs to shower and all sorts for the day ahead of her. Part of me wants to say no and cancel on Sam, ask her to come back and lie in bed with me all day, but we can't, and it would be selfish of me to do so.

She grabbed her heels, her bag and her jewellery, and headed off to the door. I chased after her, quickly fastening my button on my undone jeans. She stopped at the door when she heard me rush after her, and as she spun round I pressed my lips against hers, clearly taking her by surprise.

Then I realised just how scary this all is. I mean, Halle and I aren't allowed to do this at all, yet here we are, and I can't stop thinking about her. She might have wanted last night to be a one time thing, and it probably should've been, but I don't think I'll be able to act like it never happened.

"Sorry." I say quickly. "I erm...god, I don't know." Awkwardly, I scratch the back my head. "See you tonight."

"Yeah, See you." She smiles. "Thanks for letting me stay, and the clothes, and last night and-"

"Don't thank me." I cut her off, beginning to smirk as I try and drop in a light hearted joke, "Enjoy your day Hal, I'll see you later. I hear there's something exciting happening tonight, or whatever."

"We'll see." She smirked back, opening the front door just when I thought she was about to kiss me. "Bye Harry."

Before I knew it the door was closed and I was standing there with my forehead against the wood, contemplating every life decision I've ever made. I don't know whether I'm hungover, por just facing withdrawal symptoms from the lack of Halles presence, but I don't think banging my head against my door is doing much, so I dragged myself through to my room to find a top to wear, dragging my feet like a child.

The second I stepped into my bedroom I was faced with these flashbacks of the night before, where Halle stood before me in her wet red dress that clung to her finger, her bright eyes staring into mine so innocently and then her smile that lit up the entire world surrounding us. Making my bed, I remembered pulling her close into my arms, her heart beating so rapidly and her telling me she could feel mine. I open my wardrobe and I see her red scarf hanging up and I'm hit with the memories of when I first took it.

She's everywhere.

I threw on a random T-shirt, chucked on a pair of shoes and hurried downstairs, forgetting that I did in fact need to meet Sam this morning. It'll either be him telling me something about recording the next album, about a festival or event I'm doing, or he'll end up ranting to me about shti I can't control.

He was standing in the meeting room with two coffees, hopefully one is for me because I really fucking need it. I'm not tired, I just have a feeling Ill need any strength I can get if I want to make it through this little meeting he's holding with me.

I sat down opposite him, and he slid the coffee over to me, which was a massive relief. But then he folded his arms and I could tell there was going to be a rant coming my way. I just hope it doesn't take all day. I want to spend the day with my mother considering she flew to L.A. just for the show yesterday to see Halle and I perform.

"Where'd you go last night?" Sam asks me.

"Erm, home? I left at like ten past midnight, I was shattered." I tell him with a slight feeling of where this conversation is going.

"You left with someone though, didn't you." He states, sitting back in his seat.

"Yes, I left with Halle. I don't see why that's a problem considering you pay photographers to take pictures of us, so that people write about how we have such an 'iconic' friendship, that might be more, but might not be." I answer back, not letting him win this because he can't even get mad at me for leaving with her when he makes us be seen together all the time.

"Security said you guys didn't come home till one." Sam furrows his brows. "Where di you go for fifty minutes?"

"God Sam." I sigh frustratedly. "You said you wanted me to be her fucking friend, so I became it. She's my friend now and I actually really like having her as one, okay? It's lonely as fuck when your management dictate everything you do so having a friend like Halle is actually really nice. I don't need to tell you where I am at all times, you're not my mother. I was just spending time with a friend."

Sam looked like he wasn't expecting that from me, and part of me doesn't even know where it came from. I don't regret it, usually I'm scared of bursting out at Sam because he's my manager, but sometimes, it gets too much and I can't help it. His brother manages Halle, and Hall eis fucking thriving. Why is Sam such a dick to me?

"You know if you guys break your contracts you're dropped from the label right? They won't publish any of your newly recorded stuff, they own the right to everything you've recorded, and they'll make your life a living hell. It's not worth it for-"

"I said I spent time with a friend." I interrupt him, really growing sick of his hypocritical side that has come out to play recently. "I get lonely Sam. Halle is a good friend and I know what's in my fucking contract. Don't tell me to be friends with someone and then take that away, don't be that kind of manager Sam."

Sam sighed, taking a deep breath as if he realised that him being so fucking controlling does absolutely fuck all, except create a negative relation ship between the two of us, which never ends well. Was I lying to his face? Yes, but it was a white lie. Not all lies are bad.

This might end badly, but there have been talks about Halle going independent when he contract is over. Apparently she won't renew it and although to be signed on the same label as her means we have so many opportunities together like being able to win awards for your Dream On cover, if she went independent, maybe the fact I can't stop thinking about her wouldn't be so controversial.

**

My mum and I spent the day going around LA. I took her to my favourite cafe and we went for a nice walk on a quiet road just outside of the city so nobody would bother us. It was nice to catch up properly with her, I don't admit it often but I am a 'Mummys Boy', and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I just like spending time with my mum.

She's coming to Halles party tonight, mainly because one of Halles producers also produced one of my songs a while ago and my mum knows him from somewhere. I don't mind her coming, I actually like the fact that I don't have to ditch her to go out to a party. She also really likes Halle, and she's really excited to listen to Halles album.

My mum went to get changed, and then she came to my apartment so we could get a taxi together. Halles having her party at some private club, it was arranged by Mick, so that'll be good. There's a free bar for like three hours so that could go either really well, or really badly. It'll be a good night regardless, debut album parties never go a miss. Halle will remember the night for most of her career.

I put on a pair of yellow pants, mainly because they're one of a few pairs of trousers I own that fit really well. I bought a pair in every colour and I have a white shirt covered in sunflowers I''ve wanted to wear for a while, so I paired them together. I did my buttons the whole way up and went through to the living room to get my mum's opinion.

"Undo your top three buttons. You look like a boy." My mum instructed, so I unfastened them ad if I didn't do them up so she wouldn't say I was trying too hard. "Better."

"What shoes?" I ask, looking at the whole rack of shoes I have just near the front door.

"Your brown boots." She says after studying the ones I have at the door for a good few seconds.

You never get too old to ask your mum for fashion advice. Never.

You never get too old to call your mum your best friend either. I miss her when she's in London, and it's even worse considering she has a real job, making it ten times harder to find an acceptable time to call. We go weeks without seeing each other, sometimes months, yet when we do meet again., it's like no time has gone by.

After deciding which jacket to take for a solid ten minutes, I decided to not even bring one because we'll be inside all night. So mum and I made ourselves a drink and sat down at the table because it's too early to leave now. I made my mum a cocktail, some weird thing with rum and god knows what else, but it tastes alright and I suppose if she gets alcohol poisoning in the morning then I'll never make her one again.

"Tell me what's going on with Halle." She says, raising her brows from across the table and taking a sip from her drink that I made her.

"Her albums coming out tonight and I haven't heard it apart from the single Misery Business, which you've heard too so I don't-"

"No, Harry. Tell me what's going on between you and Halle." Mum chuckles.

"Oh. Nothing really. She's just like...my only friend. I have the band, I know but they're work friends, Halle isn't, you know? LA is a lonely place, she's from London too." I tell my mum, however she just smiles back at me shaking her head.

"That girl looks at you like you're made of gold Harry, don't tell me she's just your friend." She says.

"Erm, I don't know." I shrug. "I honestly don't know mum, I'm not lying. She's lovely and she's stunning, you know that yourself. I just...I don't know."

My mum nodded her head as if she understood, and that was the conversation regarding Halle over with. She can read me like a book, she knows me better than I know myself so when I say I don't know, my mum probably does. I'd ask for help, I'd ask her to help me undertsna dhwat the fuck is going on, but she'll just tell me I need to figure it out on my own and she's right in doing so I guess.

We ended up leaving for the taxi a little early, and we arrived at the club before Halle got there. It was closed to the public for the night, and as we walked in there were paps taking pictures of me and my mum. I feel bad, because this is my life not my mums so I held her hand and took her inside before somebody started treating my mum like this is her lifestyle and not mine.

Mick and Sam were already there, in fact, we were only missing Halle. It's fashionable to turn up late to your own party, she's finally learning to be a proper rock star and I love it. I just know this album of hers is going to be incredible, I can't fucking wait to hear it.

I've been tempted to ask if I could hear it, to see if it was going to be like that single or whether each song is completely different. Halle Henry will be this year's best female rock star, and in ten years time, she'll be rock star of the decade. She threatens the entire music industry, and she only has twelve songs to her name as of right now.

When this album comes out, I'm convinced it'll be one of those records people thirty years from now will listen to and wish they were a teenager when it was first released. People will wish they were alive in the year 1978, just to experience the beginning of Halles career.

Eventually, the front doors opened and in stepped Halle, in a short halter neck red dress, knee high red boots with red lips and red sunglasses keeping the hair out of her face. She walked into the room and had everyone staring at her, not just because it's her party, but because of the way she looks tonight.

She was greeted with a glass of champagne, and then began to mingle with the people here. My mum looked at me from across the room raising her eyebrow, and I just shook my head at her. I couldn't take my eyes off of Halle. She looks fucking incredible.

I watched as she spoke to the different groups of people here, and then eventually, she came over to me and my mum, introducing herself to my mum to be polite as if she hadn't met her the night before.

"Two hours and Halle Henry will be the name everybody is talking about." I state, raising my brows at her.

""I'm not sure about that, Harry." She chuckles. "I like your shirt, and Anne I love your dress, the colour is so cool."

Something about the fact she's complimenting my mum takes her from an eleven to a twelve, which is a dangerous game in regards to my conversation with Sam earlier, but I can't help it. She looks hotter than anyone I've ever laid my eyes on, and as soon as my mum starts liking a girl I find attractive, I'm fucked.

"Aww thank you! You look amazing Halle." My mum smiled back at Halle.

"Halle! Come here for two seconds love!" Mick shouted over at Halle, so Halle excused herself politely and promised she'd be back, and both my mother and I didn't doubt she would be. When she turned away, my mum gave me a look, a look that said a million words I could read so clearly.

"Stop it." I shook my head, chuckling.

"I never said a thing." My mum sarcastically said, shrugging her shoulders and turning away to head away from me as if she didn't just give me the look.

I couldn't help but laugh at my mum, it's funny how much she can say with just one facial expression. I was left there alone, and my eyes uncontrollably wandered over to Halle because I just can't take my eyes off of her. It's hard on a normal night, but tonight, I just can't stop.

But then she looked at me too. Our eyes met and then she smiled at me, so I smiled back once I realised we were staring at each other, and we both laughed. We couldn't be further apart if we tried, but just smiling at Halle from across the room was driving me wild.

She's more addictive than smoking. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

49 5 12
In the blazing spotlight of the music industry, love becomes a battle between dreams and destruction. "Behind The Music" takes you on a heart-wrenchi...
1M 37.6K 41
Taking place in the summer of 1978, the story follows 18-year-old aspiring music journalist, nicknamed Goldie, tasked with following up-and-coming UK...
6K 116 39
An American photographer living in London and burgeoning rockstar Jimmy Page are brought together through unlikely circumstances. They grow together...
12.2K 610 15
For Ramona and Harry it all started when they locked eyes and had a misunderstanding in that underground punk club, Kenopsia, in September of 1992. ✯...