Chapter Fifty Two

Harry Styles

There's at least ten thousand people out there at the music festival today, and Halle is absolutely ecstatic, I am too. She's wearing denim dungarees with a red t-shirt and red boots on, and she looks cool as fuck. Red is her colour.

I woke up and opted for a simple option. A white t-shirt, blue jeans and Halles silk scarf I stole from her when we first started to talk and I tried flirting with her. I'd give her the scarf back, but I like it too much and as cheesy as it is, when she goes on tour in November at least I'll have her scarf from the first week we met.

Halle was talking to the sound guys and the rest of us were just waiting in the wings watching the singer who is on before Halle conclude her set so she can take over. The atmosphere at a festival is like no other, everybody is in high spirits and everyone talks about how fun it is to be a guest at a festival, but being an act is just as good, everyone is ecstatic.

Roses and Thorns have been writing about Halle and I non stop recently. We're all they talk about and they even said that the relation between us two is ' the biggest mystery of the seventies'. Roses and Thorns isn't a small magazine either, I mean they sell millions of copies a day. That means millions of people are reading about Halle and I, which explains the excitement people have when they see us sing together or whatever.

This is exactly what Sam wanted, all of this publicity.

Halle still doesn't think she is this big celebrity though, she quite literally refuses to believe there are millions of people who listen to her music and take interest in her life. She thinks shes just a small artist which is bullshit. She'll see that today, there's thousands people at the festival just to see Halle. I know that by the T-shirts they're wearing with 'why does it matter I'm a woman' on them.

"Harry," Sam called from behind me, so I turned to face him. "Apparently Halles going independent?"

I furrowed my brows in confusion, because Sam shouldn't know that. Halle hasn't actually made it official and I'm not sure she's actually had the conversation with Mick yet. However, Sam loves jumping to confusion so perhaps he knows Halle's contract is ending and is just making assumptions based on the fact Halle has said going independant is one of her biggest dreams. She definitely does have the success to be able to do that now anyway.

"Uh, maybe." I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Well you cling onto these last months of publicity because I doubt Halle will be interested in giving you free publicity after she leaves Sunset." Sam told me.

"I don't care Sa," I sighed, rolling my eyes. "She has actually become a good friend of mine and I don't know if it's crossed your mind but friends can hang out without it being for fucking publicity."

I walked off from Sam and went to watch Halle walk on to the stage, because I know she was nervous as fuck but unfortuneately at this moment in time I can't just kiss her and tell her everything will be okay. She was stepping on to the stage by the time I got close enough anyway, and the second she did, the crowd erupted into a roar, cheering louder than they had before.

She can't even sing her first song because she's smiling so much. I can't stop smiling either. She looks beautiful and I'm so proud of her right now. This feels like such a full circle moment, Halle used to open my shows and now she's playing the biggest music festival in LA. I used to bring her out to sing with me, and now she's bringing me out to sing with her. I genuinely, am so unbelievably proud of how far she has come in such little time despite all she's been through.

Halle lost her dad not long ago, and she's out here making him proud, doing everything he wanted her to do and that makes me so happy for her. I love it.