Chapter Eight

Harry Styles

Last night's show was great. I came off stage, I went to a club, I ended up in some random blonde girls room, and turned up late to the bus taking us to the next city. To say the least, Sam wasn't very happy with me, but he soon came round when he realised Roses and Thorns got word of it and that me sleeping with someone helped push this whole friendship thing and that Halle and I aren't together.

There's only a few days left of tour and as much as I love touring, I can't wait for the break. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and have nothing to do for the day. Even just the idea of spending hours in that apartment given to me by the label sounds appealing to me, and that speaks a lot.

Award season is coming up, and the narcissism that lives within me is absolutely shaking with excitement. Nominations for the AMA's should be the first to be announced, and they'll probably be made public in a few days. There isn't much time between the nominee's being released and the actual award show, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Apparently, the label thinks I'll win a few awards this year. The rock scene has been quiet recently, and Halle and I are sunsets only rock artists. All the other big ones belong to CVA or Lion, and even then, those labels have been focusing more on either their pop singers or their country. Sunset have really been pushing Halle's music recently in preparation for her debut album, and my tour always seems to make headlines.

Halle might not have an album up for awards this year, but she does have ten songs and a voice so unique and powerful that there's no doubt she'll exit award season with multiple trophies. I'd bet my whole discography on her winning more than five awards this summer if I could.

Halle is a good person. There's something about her that really has me fascinated. The last few days have been great, we've talked, we've smoked, we've drank, we've laughed, and at this point, I don't even think I'm faking the friendship.

Roses and Thorns have also been loving writing about us, because apparently there's nothing more exciting than two people being friends. The whole media thing is so weird, but now I understand why Sam and Mick suggested it, because it really is free advertisement.

Tonight though, I have something up my sleeve for them to write about, something different that not even Halle or Sam know about. They'll find out when the time comes, and they'll definitely be thanking me.

It's a little 'last four days of tour' gift to the people attending the last four shows, and a thanks to Halle for coming and not driving me up the wall like the last guy who opened for us.

Halle was doing some interview earlier. She was asked about her album and about touring with me. She said she has enjoyed it, and I don't even think she was faking it which is definitely a positive. She was also asked about her own tour, and she said it would be happening after the Summer.

As strange as it may be, I think it'll be weird knowing Halle is off on her own tour whilst I'm at home recording. I've gotten used to her being around, and it's been nice to talk to somebody who isn't part of the usual crew, so maybe I'll miss the company, or maybe I'll just miss the feeling of being on tour and be somewhat jealous she's touring whilst I'm not.

Sam told me to meet her outside so people know we haven't fallen out over my little outing last night, because if they think Halle is mad I slept with someone, it's a free pass for them to write an article on why we're deeply in love. There's nothing better the tabloids do than write fictional stories based off of their own imagination.

And there she was, standing with her arms folded waiting for me down the side of the place we're playing at in her flared blue jeans with her crochet top and another one of those scarf things in her hair. I still have the red one, purely because sometimes it goes with my outfit and the night I had it in my pocket was the best show of the tour, so I think it's become a token of good luck for me now.