Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note

Epilogue

3.5K 95 5
By Thompson1317

Narrator's POV:

Welcome back readers, yes it has been some time. Eight months to be exact, who knew time could fly by so fast. The story of the Morgan family has finally come to an end without anyone knowing, even the author. However, one last chapter will be left for you all. This story has been one crazy ride with heartbreak and love. Even though it has come to an end, who knows, it may just be a new beginning.

———

Y/N's POV:

I am sitting in the empty locker with a small smile on my face and no, I am not in England. It is my final day as a professional soccer player which means my last game has to be with my family in the United States. I sigh as I lean back in my locker when I hear the door open. I look towards it and see my beautiful wife walk towards me.

"You know that there is a sold crowd waiting for us," Alex says as she sits in the locker next to me. I smile as I take her hand in mine and intertwine or fingers.

"I never thought I would make it this far," I tell her and she grips my hand, "You, Bailey, Olivia, and Asher. Then everyone else. I didn't think I would ever have the family that I wanted."

"Well, you didn't think it would happen, but it did and I am so proud of you," Alex tells me and I smile at her. Alex then gently takes my prosthetic arm off and places it in the locker. She places her hand on my cheek and pulls me in for a gentle kiss. I smile as we pull apart.

"We are breaking tradition today," I tell her and she looks at me confused. Alex then smiles brightly as I pull out two captain bands. "Will you do the honors?" I ask as I hand them to her.

Alex takes them out of my hand before sliding one on my arm and then hers. "One last time?" Alex asks me.

"One last time."

Alex and I walk out hand in hand to the starting line up in the tunnel. I sigh quietly as I look at the old and new players. Yes, many players have already retired from this team, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the stands. Alex kisses my cheek before walking to the front of the line.

"You ready, Kid?" Cheney asks walking up next to me.

I look at her before smiling, "Hell yeah." Cheney pats my back as I walk to stand in front of Alex.

The referees nod and the teams make their way out. The cheers in the stadium fill the atmosphere as I take in everything one last time. The field, the crowd, my teammates.

We soon make it to the center and Alex and I hug everyone as we line up. I look into the stand and see a lot of the retirees like Kelley, Tobin, Christen, Ashlyn, Ali, Becky along with everyone else.

Everything feels like it went by so fast and the next thing I know the announcer calls out Alex's and my name. "Now please, let us honor Alex Morgan and Y/N Morgan as this will be there last professional soccer game," they say and the crowd cheers loudly.

Alex and I walk up and go through the ceremony. We take individual pictures and pictures together before our kids come up to us. I smile as they hug us and we take a group picture. Then Hartley, Elijah, Vivian, and my dad join.

At the end Alex and I both have tears in our eyes. We got to our team and proceed with our last career team huddle. "Well this has been one hell of a ride," I say making everyone laugh. "Some of you I have known forever and some of you I have not, but that does not mean you are any less close to mine and Alex's heart. There have been ups and down, but it always came back here. To soccer. Alex and I are both grateful that our last game gets to be with you all." Alex wraps her arm around my shoulder and nods.

"This sport has been our lives," Alex states, "And yes it hurts to end, but it means a new start not only for our family, but for future players. I knew that retiring would have to eventually arrive, but getting here as been some journey. I know that every single one of you will continue the legacy of this soccer team. Now let's go kick some ass!" Ales finishes and the team cheers.

"Oosa on three!" Alex and I shout at the same time, "One, two three-,"

"OOSA, OOSA, OOSA!"

———

73rd minute

The ref blows the whistle for a sub and I look over to see my number on the board. I smile as I feel tears form. The numbers on the board then changes to show that Alex is coming off as well. I notice that it is Sophia and Rose coming on for us. Alex walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. We soon let go and hug the rest of our teammates on the field. I get to Emily and I see tears in her eyes as she pulls me into her embrace.

"I'm going to miss playing with you," she says and I tighten my hold on her.

"I'm not going anywhere, Sonny," I tell her. We pull away and I we smile at each other before Alex and I make our way off the field. Once on the sideline Cheney and Hope hug us both and then we continue our way to the rest of the team.

Alex and I soon get to the end of the bench and sit down. "We did it," I tell her and she smiles before holding my hand.

"We sure did."

———

End of the game

As always, when a player retires you have to give a speech, but of course the team makes a video. "Will everyone now show your attention to the screen as the U.S. team has created a video for Alex and Y/N Morgan."

The team, the retirees, and our family is standing around Alex and I on the field as we watch the screen when the video starts playing.

"It this thing working?" Emily says poking the camera making me laugh.

"It's on," Lindsey says before pulling Emily away.

"Hey, guys," they say waving than a collage of everyone in our life says hi in the video.

"What is your favorite thing about your moms?" The cameraman asks Bailey as she sits on a chair.

"Umm," she starts saying in the video.

I feel tiny arms wrap around my leg and I see Bailey. I smile brightly before picking her up and Alex notices right away and places a kiss on our daughter's cheek.

"They are really cool," Bailey says in the video, "The make me food, read bedtime stories, and even play soccer with me."

"What is your favorite thing about your moms?" The video cuts to asking the same question to Olivia and Asher.

"Everything," the answer at the same time which results in them dying with laughter.

The video cuts to Hartley. "My sister has such a kind and sincere heart. When we first met, she treated me like her baby sister right away. I feel at home with her. For Alex, one of the kindest people I have ever met and I am happy that she and Y/N make each other happy."

The video goes though everyone and by the end of it, Alex and I are both in tears. We soon compose ourselves when a microphone is handed to us.

"So," Alex voice radiates through the stadium, "That was some video. Every person in that video I am beyond grateful for. I love this team and everyone I have played with on this team. It has been an honor to be play with them and to play in front of you all." The team cheers and Alex smiles before continuing. "My life has been all about soccer. Day and night that is what I breathed, but now it is time for a new beginning. Don't worry though, because Y/N and I are not done with what we plan to do in future careers. This team has been our stone since we first step foot into the group and tonight shows that these youngsters got a bright future ahead of them. Now as I pass it to my wife, thank you for all the wonderful support and love."

Everyone cheers loudly as Alex finishes and I place a kiss on her cheek as she passes it to me.

"I will be honest with you all, I did not think I would be here today. A few years ago I thought I was done with soccer. I didn't think I would be getting back to this sport, but one day I was convinced by some people" I say looking at Alex and the retirees, "That this was my life. Without them I would not be where I am. I wouldn't be here without any of you either. Like Alex said, it has been and honor to play for the USWNT and it front of all of you. While I know my life is not the same without soccer, it does not mean that since I am retiring it will be gone forever. Just because you finish one thing, does not mean it is the end. It may just be a new beginning and that is what this time is, a new beginning. So I want to say one last time, thank you for everything that you have given me. For the support and the love. I will forever be grateful."

————————————————————————

And that is the last chapter for Not the Same. I know that for many, this may be an unexpecting ending, but there is more in the coming future. I hope enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed it as this book will forever hold a dear place in my heart as my first published book on here. I would love to hear what you thought of it. Sending love to all.

- The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

973K 28.9K 139
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
776K 22.9K 42
Y/n Grant is called up by Jill Ellis to be the starting Goal keeper for the 2019 World Cup. At first, the team isn't a huge fan of the cocky player...
27.4K 689 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...