Pokemon-The Lost Master

By TrixJade

Seven years after Ashs defeat in Sinnoh, the Champion Cynthia is ruthlessly crushed in a battle for the title... More

Chapter 1
Chapter.2
Chapter.3
Chapter.4
Chapter.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 34

218 2 0
By TrixJade

"It's been three days since 'Champion', the Pokémon Master, battled a force of legendary Pokémon after he ended his match with Tobias Takuto. As all cameras in the stadium were lost partway through the battle, the outcome is unknown; it has been announced that 'Champion' has retreated to his home in order to recover. The spokesperson for the Pokémon League, Cynthia Shirona, Ex-Pokémon Master and leader of the Sinnoh Region gave a short statement:

"All that we know is that 'Champion' survived his fight with the legendary Pokémon, although he has not revealed how. He has returned home for a while in order to allow both himself and his Pokémon to recover."

When pressed as to when he would return, Cynthia had only this to say; "Given the scale of his recent fights, he is entitled to a break."

There has also been no word on the fate of Tobias Takuto, who was last seen standing up to the legendary Pokémon at the behest of 'Champion'. Hopefully all will be revealed when 'Champion' returns to his place at the top of the Pokémon League.

The receptionist put down the newspaper and looked up to see Ash walk into the administration building at Indigo Plateau. His hat was once again firmly placed on his head, blocking any view of his face. His clothes were as normal: black trousers, a fitted black shirt and a black jacket over the top. His hands were protected by fingerless gloves, and his boots were surprisingly quiet on the floor. The receptionist smiled as she saw him enter the lobby.

"Welcome back Sir." The receptionist said. "I just wanted to say thank you."

Ash stopped walking and looked at her. "Thank you?" He asked.

"Yes sir." The receptionist said, suddenly very nervous. "You see sir, while the papers have been quiet…" The receptionist trailed off, quailing under weight of the gaze of her boss. "Just I was…" Ash waited patiently while the woman summoned up her courage before suddenly speaking very quickly.

"We work very close to the stadium where you fought sir. The others just asked me to thank you for protecting us."

The woman turned bright red and tried to hide her face behind her computer, only to shoot straight back out once again when Ash spoke.

"You're welcome. Please tell your colleagues that it means a lot to me."

"I will sir." The receptionist said, glad when he then turned and walked away, heading up to his office. She sank back behind her desk, before a grin spread across her face. She had had a conversation with the Pokémon Master, and hadn't totally embarrassed herself. Well she had, but she had still managed it. When she told her colleagues his answer, she would leave out the embarrassing parts she told herself, and potentially throw in a clever remark. The kudos she'd get from this far made up for the heart attack she'd nearly given herself.

Cynthia, Lance and Steven were already in the building waiting for Ash. Despite what Cynthia had said to the press, in the couple of days since the battle, they had only heard from 'Champion' once. He had sent a message to Cynthia explaining that he would be taking a few days off.

In the meantime, Cynthia had tried to return to her other duties, organizing the rebuild of Silver Stadium and the repairs to Indigo Stadium, while working to re-build her team of specialists for training purposes. Yet something had bugged her permanently, and distracted her. So with a heavy heart, knowing that what she was doing could endanger her job, she had placed a call. Despite the risks, she just couldn't take not knowing anymore.

"This is Cerulean Gym." The voice at the other end of the phone said. Cynthia tried to place it, but couldn't.

"This is Cynthia from the Pokémon League."

"Like what can we do for you?" The voice asked in surprise.

"I'm looking for Misty Waterflower."

The voice laughed, a light carefree sound. "Like nobody cares about the Sensational Sisters anymore! Misty's at her boyfriend's, in Pallet Town at the Research Lab. Want me to like take a message?"

"No thank you, I'll call her myself." Cynthia said, before hesitating.

"Is there like, anything else?"

"No." Cynthia said. "Goodbye." As she hung-up, she started laughing. The Sensational Sisters, once known for their shows, now known for their battles. She had momentarily forgotten about them, and their way of speaking. Apparently it helped them remember about the glory days of shows, before they had given up that life to become part of one of the more feared gyms in Kanto.

Cynthia leaned back in her chair, before reaching for the phone again. This time the number she dialled was that of Oak Laboratory, in Pallet Town.

"Hello?" The voice emanated out of the phone.

"Is that Gary Oak?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes, who is this?"

"Cynthia. May I speak with Misty please?"

"Of course. One moment please."

"Cynthia?" Misty's voice sounded surprised. After they had been driven away from Indigo Stadium, Cynthia had arranged for transport to take Misty and her friends home, thanking them for their help, but saying that it was better to be away from the Pokémon League at the moment. The friends had accepted her reasoning and left, not expecting to hear from her for a while. Two days later, hearing from Cynthia was very surprising.

"Misty, I need to ask you something about the Pikachu you have."

"I see." Misty's voice was still surprised, but also slightly sadder.

"I've been reviewing trainers that have gone missing over the years." Cynthia lied. "And Ash Ketchum appeared in the lists. I've seen you in the company of his friends, so I can assume that you knew him?"

"Yes…" Misty said, her voice trailing off. "I did know him."

"Is that Pikachu his?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes." Misty said, her voice sounding exceptionally surprised, while still sad. "How did you guess that?"

"A Water-Type trainer, with an electric Pokémon?" Cynthia said. "I knew he had to mean something. I understand that this must be hard for you Misty, but can you tell me how you came to own that Pikachu?"

"I…" Misty said, then tried again. "I'm sorry Cynthia, but I've been trying to put this part of my past behind me. If you like, I can put Gary on again. He has dealt with it better than I have…"

"Please." Cynthia said. "And I'm sorry for bringing up painful memories."

There was another pause, and then Gary's voice rang out again. "You want to know about Ash?"

"Yes please." Cynthia said. "I'm trying to track down any missing trainers, and Ash is one of them."

"You don't need to track him down." Gary said harshly. "He is dead. Pikachu told us years ago. One day he vanished to train, and a few months later Pikachu returned, without any of Ash's other Pokémon. He told us that his trainer was dead."

"I see." Cynthia said. "Thank you Gary, and I'm sorry for making you go through this."

"It's okay." Gary said. "Just please try to find some of those missing trainers? Give their friends some closure if possible. Coming from somebody that has had to deal with it, not knowing is very difficult."

"I'll do my best." Cynthia promised. "Goodbye."

As she put the phone down, she leaned back in her chair once more, thinking hard. She had found Pikachu, which tied up one loose end, but why would he say Ash was dead if he wasn't? Having seen him fight against legendary Pokémon she was surprised she hadn't realized it sooner. She was now confident that the Pokémon Master was Ash Ketchum, but she knew she would need more evidence. The next thing she planned to do was talk to Lance and Steven, to see if they knew anything.

So, the next day, while they stood in the Pokémon Master's office, waiting for its owner to arrive, she broached the topic.

"Do either of you know a trainer called Ash Ketchum?" She asked suddenly.

To her surprise, Lance nodded. "Ash Ketchum? I remember him. Why?"

"How do you know him?" Steven asked.

"I fought against Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza with him, years ago." Lance said. "I tend to remember somebody after something like that."

"What about you Steven?"

"The name rings a bell." The Hoenn Champion answered. "I think I met him a few times years ago… Had a Pikachu?"

"That's the one." Cynthia answered.

"Why are you asking about him?" Lance asked.

"I was wondering if either of you happen to know what happened to him?"

Lance looked sad for a moment. "From what I've heard, he's dead." He said. "He left to train, but then his Pikachu came back, saying he was dead."

Cynthia looked at him oddly. "That's the story I heard from Gary Oak as well." She said. "Exactly the same."

"Why?" Steven asked.

"Because I don't think he's dead." Cynthia answered. "I remember watching him face down Tobias at the Sinnoh League years ago, using a Sceptile that fought heroically against Darkrai, before eventually winning."

Lance looked at her a little confused, but Steven saw her logic.

"You think? No… He can't be… Can he?" Steven asked.

"Can't be what?" Lance said confusedly.

"Cynthia thinks that 'Champion' is Ash Ketchum." Steven told him.

"Well it would explain a lot…" Lance mused. "His ability to get caught up with legendary Pokémon for one… But why would his Pikachu have left?"

"I don't know." Cynthia admitted. "I know I haven't got that much to go on, but I wondered if either of you knew anything?"

"I'm not sure…" Lance said. "I have to admit it is possible, but I'm not sure…"

"Likewise." Steven said. "I would suggest we wait?" When the other two looked at him in surprise, Steven sighed. "'Champion' has already said that he will tell us his identity eventually. If we wait long enough, he will tell us, either confirming your suspicions or proving you wrong. Either way he doesn't get angry."

Lance was nodding. "I'm inclined to agree." He said. "I don't want to anger him, particularly not after he has fought against those legendary Pokémon. I can't think of anybody or anything that could beat him."

Cynthia sighed then nodded. "Ok. Hopefully he won't make us wait too long. We should have earned his trust by now."

A few minutes later, Ash strode in through the door. As he settled behind his desk he gestured for the others to sit down as well.

"Thank you for coming." He said. "I have a few things to take care of, but this will most likely be one of our last group meetings for a long time."

When his subordinates said nothing, he pressed on.

"Firstly, Cynthia. Good job with the media. I will send you a statement to read out to them, but suffice it to say, the crisis has been averted. Tobias will stand trial for the damage he did, and regardless of the court's decision, he will never be allowed to hold a trainer's license again. I will leave the organization of that in your capable hands."

Ash turned to Steven and Lance. "Lance, Silver Stadium is being rebuilt, but will take some time. You have a decision as to what to do with the Silver Conference. There are smaller stadiums in Silver Town that can be used for the finals until the old stadium is rebuilt. However, it is your region, it is up to you. If you decide to suspend the Silver Conference until the stadium is rebuilt, that is your decision. Steven, it would appear that you are the only one who doesn't have a lot of work coming up. A good thing too, given the upcoming Hoenn League. I expect that after today you will want to return to Hoenn to organize the tournament."

All three of them were nodding, but Ash pressed on.

"For the future. When it comes around, I will enter the World League in the Pokémon Master's traditional place; in the last-sixteen. Other than my battling, my public appearances will be kept to a minimum. Cynthia, you will continue in your role to ensure that this is possible."

Cynthia nodded again, before speaking. "I'll be training candidates to send to you?"

"Yes." Ash said. "My plans for the league have been fulfilled for now, I do not need to make any more changes. Let the turmoil settle."

A silence fell between the four leaders for a moment, before Ash spoke again.

"I am putting a great deal of trust in the three of you." Ash said. "Decisions you will take will be made in my name, and I will not permit you to abuse that power. If you need to contact me, I will always be available, but I trust you all to do the right thing. As a result, when I focus on leading the league, if I need anything done, I will most likely contact the three of you. The days of me making direct changes are behind us. The battle against Tobias has confirmed my place at the top, but the world will still hope to see me consistently. They will have to be disappointed; a frontal role was never my intention in the long run. Cynthia, if you need help from Lance and Steven to ensure that there are no problems, use them."

Ash stood up and turned away to face the window, looking out over Indigo Stadium where the first signs of work to repair the stadium were just beginning to show. There had already been comparisons in the media of the rebuilding of two major stadiums highlighting the way that the Pokémon League had been torn down by events, then rebuilt – newer, better and stronger. He let the silence stretch a little longer before turning around again.

"The last few months have been trying, with problems that we couldn't foresee but we have prevailed. I want to thank you all for the support you have given me. I felt that once I had claimed the title of Pokémon Master I could maintain my isolation, remain aloof from the world. I have been able to, but only because of your support. You are the cogs that keep the Pokémon League running."

Ash turned and faced back out of the window. His mind flicked back to the conversation he had had with Professor Oak two days previously. The old man had made some pointed comments about how Ash had run the league, although he had stopped short of criticising him.

"You know you cannot run the world by ignoring it don't you?" Oak had asked. Ash hadn't said anything, so Oak had pushed on. "At least trust the regional champions. They are all trustworthy people, they will not betray you."

"I once thought that of my Pokémon." Ash had answered. "I learned not to trust that day."

Oak stopped short of asking what had happened, what had split Ash's team apart. "I would trust them with my life." Oak had said. "And they will give you their very best. They simply need to believe in what they follow. If you show your trust in them is absolute, they will trust you in return."

"So what do you suggest?" Ash asked.

"Tell them who you are. Make it clear that while they are trusted to know, that does not make them any more familiar with you. Make sure they know it isn't for discussion."

Ash thought for a long moment, looking away from the elderly researcher. His old friend had given him good advice throughout his childhood and teenage years. If he trusted any human, it would be the one in front of him.

"I will." Ash said. And a smile had broken out across the face of the elderly Professor.

"To this end, an old friend of mine gave me some advice. He said that to get the best out of people, they need something to believe in." There was a sharp intake of breath from behind him, and Ash smiled. "They need somebody they can follow."

Ash broke off, still looking out of the window, before he committed himself. Swinging around, his gaze fell on the group sat in chairs in front of his desk.

"I want to explain something. I trust you all completely. What I am about to tell you is an illustration of that trust. I do not expect you to then start talking to me about it. I do not expect you to talk to me about my past. There is a good chance you have spoken to people that knew me. And I didn't want to tell you my name. But my mentor, the man who gave me my first Pokémon, was insistent and I trust him. And the final thing. I would prefer you to keep calling me by my adopted name. 'Champion'. Is this clear?"

Cynthia looked at her two colleagues, seeing her own expression of surprise mirrored on their faces. They seemed to be waiting for her to talk, so she took a deep breath.

"You would entrust us with one of your closest secrets? Your name?" Cynthia asked tentatively.

Ash smiled. "Why, are you planning on telling somebody?"

"No!" Cynthia gasped out without thinking. "You can trust us."

"I know." Ash answered.

And with that he removed a red Pokédex from his pocket and placed it into a slot on his desk. He pushed a button, retrieved his Pokédex and strode out of the room. As the door shut behind him, he heard the voice ring out behind him.

"The Pokédex removed belongs to Ash Satoshi Ketchum."

Smiling to himself he strode away.

Ash stepped out of the car and walked through the front door into his house. As he strode through and out the back, he saw Professor Oak watching Sam and Mellanie. Ash smiled slightly as he saw them training. He had been right to start to teach these two. As he watched Espeon padded up and rubbed her cheek against his leg. He smiled down at her, before looking around momentarily for Tobias.

"He's spending more time alone." Espeon said. "He wants to make the most of it before he is in prison."

Ash nodded slightly. He felt for Tobias who would almost certainly be sentenced to an extended period in prison, despite the fact that he was no longer the same man that had committed his crimes. And since Tobias couldn't escape he had no problem letting him make the most of his final few days of freedom. Ash sensed movement and looked up to see Professor Oak walking towards him. He had spent a long time discussing a lot of his life since he had left with the researcher, and had talked about the future. Oak knew everything that he had said to the regional leaders.

"So how did they take it?" The elderly professor asked.

"I have no idea." Ash answered. "I didn't give them the chance; they will understand not to bring it up. Cynthia in particular."

Oak nodded. He had heard about what had happened after Goldenrod, how the inclusion of children had cost Cynthia her job. He had been close to criticising Ash about his harsh treatment of Cynthia, but had realized why Ash felt so strongly about children getting caught up in dangerous situations. Team Rocket could have killed him many times in his life, and had left their mark on him as he grew through adolescence.

"So what now?" Oak asked.

"The world moves on." Ash said. "I move on. I carry on working from the shadows, leading the Pokémon League. Competing in the World League each year. Doing my job."

"And what about Delia?" Oak asked. "You never decided what you would do about her. She misses you Ash, she is waiting for her son to come home. Hasn't she suffered enough?"

There was a flash in Ash's eyes, of what Oak wasn't sure. The Pokémon Master turned away from his old mentor, watching the two youngsters train. As the silence stretched Oak opened his mouth but a sharp gesture from Ash stopped him.

Eventually Ash started speaking. "I could not face my old friends." He said quietly. "To their minds I ran away, I left them."

"That's not what they…" Oak started before Ash cut across him.

"How do you know?" He asked, turning to face the old man. "Take Misty. She was my best friend. I ran away without telling her why. And when I came back one of the first things I did was suspend her as a trainer. How would she react to me now?"

Oak didn't know what to say. Ash pressed on.

"And Brock. Who was once like my brother. What would you do if your brother vanished for seven years? And May and Dawn. I spent a year teaching each of them, and then vanished? They've both done staggeringly well, Dawn in particular. But I still abandoned them. I can't face them again."

"They miss you Ash." Oak said. "They think you are dead."

"No they don't." Ash retaliated. "They miss who I was seven years ago. That boy would have never hurt Misty in the way I did. Would never have hidden himself. That boy is dead. Time changes us all Professor. Perhaps it is better if they do think of me as dead."

"But your mother Ash." Oak said sadly. "Even if you can't face the rest, surely she deserves to know you're alive?"

"How though?" Ash asked. "To see her I would have to go home. And if I see one of the others…" Ash trailed off, and Professor Oak stood next to him, thinking quietly. When they had discussed this over the last couple of days, he had tried to get Ash to admit to wanting to see his mother again. This was the closest he had come yet. And Oak knew he had one final card to play.

"So if you could see her without the others knowing?" Oak asked. "Would you?"

Ash looked at Oak, his gaze burning straight through the researcher. "Yes. But it isn't possible." And he strode forwards, calling to Sam and Mellanie to come towards him for a lesson. As he stood next to the youngsters, Oak watched on thoughtfully. And a plan started to form in his head.

Cynthia walked into the press office in Indigo Plateau. It was a room that had not been used much recently, something which was surprising given the media focus on the Pokémon League. There was a large number of reporters assembled, waiting for her to make the announcements that the world had been waiting for. There had seemed a slight power vacuum in the absence of 'Champion'. Or Ash as she supposed she now knew. Although to put an actual name to the whirlwind of power that was the Pokémon Master felt very unusual. She smiled slightly as she took her seat in front of the microphones. He wouldn't have to worry about her calling him Ash. He would always be 'Champion' to her now.

"Cynthia". The first reporter called out. "Has 'Champion' returned from his leave of absence?"

"He has." She answered. "He spoke to myself, Lance and Steven as to his plans for the future of the Pokémon League and our roles as we move forwards. He has given me a statement to read on his behalf. As I'm sure you all know, he doesn't like speaking to the media."

There was a light ripple of laughter from the reporters. Cynthia pulled a piece of paper out of a pocket and started to read.

"In light of recent events, I felt it important to highlight the direction that I intend the Pokémon League to take from now on." Cynthia said in a clear voice. "The time for major changes has passed for now. There will not be any more major changes, and if gym leaders continue to fulfil their responsibilities they will have nothing to fear from central administration. Miss Shirona will be remaining in the role she took up shortly after I became Pokémon Master, organising training camps for promising trainers and being a buffer between myself and the world. While I am aware that there is a widespread desire to see me in a more obvious role, this is not going to happen. My desire as Pokémon Master has always been to make a difference, and I feel I can do that best from behind the scenes."

Cynthia took a breath and took advantage of the pause to glance around the room. She hadn't realized quite how focused the reporters were on her words. Well, 'Champion's' words.

"With respect to the events that followed the challenge of Tobias Takuto, he has been kept in custody at my residence in the time since the battle. He will stand trial for endangering public safety."

Cynthia smiled when she finished that section. Two sentences to sum up the greatest battle that the world could remember seeing. There was no way the reporters would be happy with that. She was expecting a torrent of questions when she was done.

"Otherwise, I reiterate my statements at my inauguration. My aim is, has always been and always will be to put the interests of the Pokémon League first. Any action which will strengthen the league will be taken."

Cynthia stopped reading and put the sheet of paper down. There was a long drawn out silence, before questions started to get thrown at her. Cynthia smiled and held up her hands.

"I will answer questions where possible, but don't swarm me." She said.

"Cynthia, what does he mean by any action that will strengthen the league?" One reporter called.

"Ultimately I'm not entirely certain." Cynthia admitted. "But I would expect a continuation of his work thus far, although he has made it clear to me that he does not intend to make any more radical changes soon."

"Surely as Pokémon Master, he must take a more frontal role?" Another reporter asked.

"Not necessarily." Cynthia said mysteriously.

"How does he intend to establish links with the world then?" The reporter asked.

"A generation or two ago and there was no chance for the mass media coverage that meant that was an issue." Cynthia threw back. "But I do accept your question. The Pokémon League will not be silenced. We will still communicate with the world. 'Champion' however, will not. In that respect, little will have changed."

"What about Tobias?" The first reporter asked. "And in particular, the battle that took place in Indigo Stadium?"

"Tobias has accepted that by challenging 'Champion' and using the team of Pokémon he did he endangered the spectators in the stadium." Cynthia answered. "As such he will stand trial, and more details of that will be forthcoming. In the meantime he has released his legendary Pokémon, and with the new law coming into effect, they cannot legally be re-caught."

"And the battle?" The reporter pressed.

"Well he clearly can't challenge 'Champion' again." Cynthia said. Laughter rippled out around the room.

"Obviously" the reporter said, although he was smiling. "But I am referring to the battle that took place afterwards, between 'Champion' and a group of legendary Pokémon."

Cynthia's smile faded. "I was not there." She said. "And as such I cannot give full details. However, I can fill some of them in. By capturing legendary Pokémon, Tobias caused the others to get progressively angrier. Their appearance and consequent attack was a culmination of those events."

"How did 'Champion' escape?" Another reporter asked, a tinge of awe in her voice. "Did he defeat all of the legendary Pokémon?"

"He hasn't told me." Cynthia said simply.

"Will he release any more information about the event?"

"I doubt it." Cynthia said. "Can we move on please?"

The reporters looked at each other, before coming to a silent agreement. A few more questions were fielded, which Cynthia answered simply enough, before she ended the press conference. As she did so however, one final question was called out.

"Cynthia, you said Tobias will stand trial. But since the events in question nobody has seen him. Have you? How is he doing?"

Cynthia turned and looked back at the reporter who was stood up, a hopeful expression on his face.

"I have not seen him." Cynthia said. "But he was transferred into the custody of the Pokémon League earlier today."

"So you don't know the effects of events on him?"

"I do not." Cynthia confirmed. "It is not my place. I am not a police officer."

"When will his trial be?"

"I do not know." Cynthia said. "It is out of my hands. I suggest you direct these questions to the police." And with that Cynthia strode out of the room.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Sam asked. Professor Oak was getting ready to start his trip. "Where will you go?"

Oak laughed. "You worry a lot for a young man. I'll be fine."

"Do you have anywhere planned?" Mellanie asked. "Or are you just going to wander?"

"Oh I have a few ideas." Oak said. He put a few more things into his small bag before swinging it over his shoulder. He had abandoned his white lab coat, and changed into clothes that were more practical for long journeys. At his waist, a place where they hadn't lived for a long time, were six Pokéballs. Each contained a Pokémon that he had had for decades. He was ready. As he stepped out of the front door a voice rang out.

"Leaving without saying goodbye?"

Oak turned to see Ash striding towards him, a light sheen of sweat over the Pokémon Master's face. Oak smiled. Ash didn't miss anything these days.

"I didn't want to distract you from your training. How did you know I was leaving?" Oak said.

Ash just raised an eyebrow. "I know everything that happens on this island." He said. "Just as I can control everybody who comes and goes."

"So I can't get back?" Oak asked.

"On the contrary, the gates will now open for you." Ash said. "Just like they do for myself, Sam and Mellanie. So you are welcome back at any time."

"Maybe I will come back then." Oak said. "Just as I hope you will consider going back?"

Ash sighed. "You don't have to keep pressuring me. I have made my decision. That part of my life is over."

Oak nodded, before turning and walking to a car that was in front of the house. He moved to get in the front before turning back to the group which was stood by the front steps.

"I look forward to the next time we meet." Oak said, before getting in the car which moved off. Ash turned away, before breaking into a run. He vanished in moments, off to join his Pokémon in their training once again. Sam and Mellanie turned to go to the back of the house where their Pokémon were practicing together.

"I hope he'll be alright." Sam said slightly forlornly. "I liked him."

Mellanie burst out laughing. "Sam, he'll be fine. He's been into Pokémon since before your parents were born!" Still laughing, Mellanie led the way to their Pokémon.

Professor Oak watched the gates at the edge of the island get closer. It was an odd feeling to be sat in a car as it drove without a driver, but it was the easiest way on and off of Mystery Island. As the car reached the gates, it came to a stop and Oak got out, watching as the gates slowly slid open. He walked through and they shut behind him. Oak started to walk, relishing his chance to do so.

Within a short while Oak reached the centre of the coastal town. He found a Pokémon centre and walked in, heading to a videophone. He dialled a number.

"Hello?" came Delia Ketchum's voice, before her face appeared and lit up. "Samuel!"

"Hello Delia." Professor Oak said. "How are you?"

"I'm fine thank you." Came the response. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

Oak looked around furtively, before speaking a bit quieter. "I need you to come meet me."

"Why?"

"I can't really explain. But you can't tell anybody why you're going. Tell them you just wanted to travel with me for a while. And bring Pikachu, saying it's for protection. Some places we are going aren't fully safe. But I need you to come."

"How long will it take?" Delia asked. "I need to be around in case Ash comes home."

"I know." Oak said. "But Gary will be permanently in Pallet Town. He will be able to watch for you. And I know my grandson, if Ash comes back Gary won't let him leave again."

There was a long pause, before Delia seemed to take a deep breath. "Okay." She said. "I'll come."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 218 21
Our Ashy boy has won the Alola League. His confidence is high. He wants to win every league from Kanto to Kalos and to defeat World Champion Leon and...
67.6K 1.3K 32
One explosion changes everything.... When the world loses it's beloved hero Ash Ketchum everyone falls to despair, so in honor of his death 5 years l...
51.9K 838 48
As the title suggests, this story will be based on what happens after the events of "Risen from Betrayal". 1 year after becoming the Champion of Alo...
76.2K 895 13
Ash lost the pokemon league of Kalos. He feels ashamed and mysteriously disappears. But when a certain event happens, he comes back down from his abs...