THE REDHEAD ☾ jj maybank

By FL0WERFIELDS

" hey there, delilah. what's it like in-" "the outerbanks." "you ruined the song... More

-ˏˋ THE REDHEAD ˊˎ-
SEASON ONE
1 | paradise on earth
2 | diver down
3 | the motel room
4 | dead body
5 | beach fight
6 | the bends
7 | big john's compass
8 | girl talk
9 | lana's house
10 | home invasion
11 | sad stories
12 | friendzone
13 | redfield's tomb
14 | dear bird
15 | hotel wifi
16 | scrapyard
17 | jumped at a golf course
18 | a bet is made
19 | the royal merchant
20 | movie night gone wrong
21 | the confession
22 | midsummers
23 | rixon's cove
24 | scary stories of the crain house
25 | the girls are fighting
26 | resolving issues
27 | well, well, well
28 | a set-up
29 | arguments
30 | failure of a mother
31 | safe in each others arms
32 | scholarship or john b?
33 | murder on the airstrip
34 | wanted posters
35 | preparation for escape
36 | the phantom
37 | pogue style
38 | was it a farewell forever?
SEASON TWO
1 | a memorial
2 | stick and poke
3 | unexpected text
4 | tickling the wire
5 | fumbling the plan
6 | sewers
7 | the letter
8 | roadtrip to charleston
9 | reunited
10 | welcome home
11 | a party for six
12 | the arrest
13 | innocent or guilty?
14 | visiting hours
15 | escape plan gone wrong
16 | released from jail
17 | drama within the group
18 | the fake key
19 | boat explosions
20 | soulmates
21 | diary entries
22 | annual bonfire
24 | island room
25 | the true treasure
26 | a careless father
27 | the special cross
28 | round two of pope's driving
29 | improvisation
30 | rafe or the gators?
31 | sneaking onto the ship
32 | a new addition to the group
33 | retrieving the cross
34 | two lovers floating at sea
35 | poguelandia
SEASON THREE
1 | crash landing
2 | the search for kie
3 | hawks nest part two
4 | luxury boat
5 | home sweet home
6 | like mother like daughter?
7 | tactical convincing
8 | heist
9 | the lies and a desecration
10 | snack time at a crime scene
11 | last one standing
12 | party crasher
13 | goblin mode
14 | up in flames
15 | barracuda mike
16 | kitty hawk wilderness camp
17 | a ride to south america
18 | hiking
19 | two funerals
20 | full kook
authors note !

23 | threatened by army rangers

3.5K 93 4
By FL0WERFIELDS

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 23:

THREATENED BY ARMY RANGERS

"This key belongs to my family."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE BONFIRE TRADITION didn't go as planned to five of the Pogues, nor did they even want it to go that way. They had all gone to the event because it's something that can take their mind off of everything that's been going on recently. Fights are a frequent occurrence when it comes to the group happen to attend parties with other people their age. It's even worse when it's a Kook insulting them because the rivalry is already there, so it's an argument to continue from.

Currently, the friends are sitting outside of John B's house as the deck chairs have already been laid out. A pile of tree logs is resting in the centre of the circle with a roaring flame dancing upon it, using the wood to gain energy and keep itself going during the night. The fire is proving warmth against the chilly breeze that the wind has to offer for the darkness. Orange lighting is reflected onto the teenagers as they crowd around the fire and roast marshmallows together. They decided to do this after dealing with John B's bruises and Delilah's nosebleed, cleaning the blood up and making sure that nothing's broken.

Delilah is sitting upon JJ's lap, head buried in the crook of his neck as she snuggles into him. Arms are loosely wrapped around the girls body to ensure that she won't fall off of him, but also because he likes to hold her whenever he gets the chance. JJ has refused to leave Delilah's side until he knows for certain that she's fully recovered from everything — the boy has just been really concerned about her well-being. His hand rubs comforting circles into Del's thigh as she chews on some marshmallows they've just roasted.

"You feeling okay, Ly?" JJ whispers.

"Yeah." Delilah replies, glancing up at him with a smile. "Never better."

"Is there a reason for that?" JJ asks.

"Well, I'm in your arms and it's very comforting to me." Delilah states. "I like being in your arms."

"That's good, because I like to hold you close to me, gorgeous." JJ tells her with a grin.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure I've had more black eyes in the last month than I've ever had." Pope comments as he grabs both of their attention.

"That was building up for years." JJ informs with a light laugh. "Rumble in the jungle."

"Hey, Red." John B begins, hearing the girl hum in response. "Did you really stick up for Sarah?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Delilah replies. "She's been through a lot with us and I'd consider her one of my best friends."

"Even after we broke up?" John B questions.

"You come first because you're my brother." Delilah states, briefly smiling. "But that doesn't mean I won't stick up for Sarah too. Just give her some time and she'll come around eventually."

"Lila's right." Kie agrees. "I mean, she's not a real Kook anyway. She's one of us now."

"Wait, shh." John B hushes, gaze elsewhere. "There's someone here."

All of the teenagers put the sticks down and stand up from where they've been sitting around the hot fire. They've all listened to their friends instructions and fallen silent so that it's easier to hear for any noises that may come across as suspicious. Each one of the five Pogues slowly walk out into the opening behind the tree so that they're able to approach whoever's hiding from them. However, JJ and Kie did have a brief argument between the pair of them about not having the gun for protection.

"Hey!" John B calls out into the darkness. "Who's out there?"

"How y'all doing?" Renfield greets as he walks out from the bushes. "Lovely evening we're having."

"It's this piece of shit." JJ mutters.

"Look, uh... I don't hold a grudge with any of y'all, alright?" Renfield informs. "But this can either go the hard way or the easy way. I mean, y'all already know what I'm here for."

The man slowly walks closer to where the group is standing, not taking his eyes off of them. But he does choose to lift the leather jacket and do a brief spin to show them that he's unarmed of weapons. The teens remain frozen in their places, not letting themselves lower their guard. Sneakily, JJ takes a step in front of Delilah so that his body is shielding hers slightly.

"You see that swing right there?" Renfield begins as he motions over to it. "I got the best now hunters in the Army Rangers with me. Hidden."

A whistle then slips pasts the adults lips. None of the five are able to process this action as an arrow soars through the tense air that they all currently stand in. It whizzes past their heads and whistles in their ears before embedding itself in the trees bark, cutting the rope of the swing along the way. Faces immediately drop at the sight, fear flooding through their bodies.

"Stay behind me, Ly." JJ whispers.

"They're out there." Renfield states. "They'll stick you just as soon as I say so. And I won't give you a countdown, or any other bullshit like that. I'm just gonna whistle."

The man stops in front of Pope, not even needing to say anything as they all know the reason as to why he's come back to Outer Banks to pay a visit to them. Pope pulls his lips into a thin line as he casts glances over at each of his friends, noticing the fear striking their faces. Then, the boy digs into the pockets of his shorts and proceeds to pull out the thin key that had originally belonged to Denmark Tanny. However, as Renfield reaches out to try to take it, Pope curls his fingers around the key and grips it tightly.

"This key belongs to my family." Pope states.

"I'm starting to lose my patience with you." Renfield tells him.

Fingers are lifted to lips as the man goes to blow a whistle — it's an indication to fire the arrows at their designated targets. Pope's heart drops at the sight of this and doesn't hesitate to choose what the correct decision to pick is; the boy will pick to save his best friends lives over a key. Pope outstretches his hand towards Renfield and passes the key over, watching as it readily leaves his possession.

"You did the right thing, kid." Renfield informs with a sigh. "Knowing when you don't have a choice is an under-appreciated talent."

Then, Renfield proceeds to walk away from them all and leaves them standing there still trying to process what's just happened. A faint whistle can be heard as the man calls for the archers to lower their bows and follow him away from the home. This allows the five to visibly become more relaxed, knowing that they're all just going to leave and not stick around to cause more havoc. Eyes instantly drift over to Pope.

"I'm so sick of this shit!" Pope exclaims.

The boy turns around on his heel and sprints for the house that's nearby, being lighted up by the amount of fairy lights strung up on the tree. He doesn't want to stick around to hear what any of his friends have to say, just needing some time along to try and figure everything out for himself. This leaves the other four standing there as they look at one another.

"I'll go check on him." Kie offers.

"What the fuck just happened?" JJ mumbles under his breath as the brunette walks away. "Did Pope seriously just give the key away?"

"I mean, it's either save us or keep the key in that situation." John B states.

"Are we just not gonna talk about the fact that we all could've been killing again?" Delilah tells them. "It's like we're some walking magnet that attracts the risk of facing death."

John B sighs. "I think I've just grown used to it at this point."

"Nothing left to lose, right, guys?" JJ reminds.

"Right." Delilah replies, voice quiet. "Nothing left to lose."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 1.5K 32
❝ And that's Marlowe - better known as Mar...❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐞. You rarely catch her without sand-covered ski...
3.7K 71 17
Josh realises how he feels but what is going to happen when he can't go back on something.
30.3K 1.1K 13
Follows the show's canon ____ A naked Porsche, asleep underneath the blankets, isn't the easiest thing to ignore. ____ When Kinn becomes infected wit...
457K 31.2K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...