THE REDHEAD ☾ jj maybank

By FL0WERFIELDS

" hey there, delilah. what's it like in-" "the outerbanks." "you ruined the song... More

-ˏˋ THE REDHEAD ˊˎ-
SEASON ONE
1 | paradise on earth
2 | diver down
3 | the motel room
4 | dead body
5 | beach fight
6 | the bends
7 | big john's compass
8 | girl talk
9 | lana's house
10 | home invasion
11 | sad stories
12 | friendzone
13 | redfield's tomb
14 | dear bird
15 | hotel wifi
16 | scrapyard
17 | jumped at a golf course
18 | a bet is made
19 | the royal merchant
20 | movie night gone wrong
21 | the confession
22 | midsummers
23 | rixon's cove
24 | scary stories of the crain house
25 | the girls are fighting
26 | resolving issues
27 | well, well, well
28 | a set-up
29 | arguments
30 | failure of a mother
31 | safe in each others arms
32 | scholarship or john b?
33 | murder on the airstrip
34 | wanted posters
35 | preparation for escape
36 | the phantom
37 | pogue style
38 | was it a farewell forever?
SEASON TWO
1 | a memorial
2 | stick and poke
3 | unexpected text
4 | tickling the wire
5 | fumbling the plan
6 | sewers
7 | the letter
8 | roadtrip to charleston
9 | reunited
10 | welcome home
11 | a party for six
12 | the arrest
13 | innocent or guilty?
14 | visiting hours
15 | escape plan gone wrong
16 | released from jail
17 | drama within the group
18 | the fake key
20 | soulmates
21 | diary entries
22 | annual bonfire
23 | threatened by army rangers
24 | island room
25 | the true treasure
26 | a careless father
27 | the special cross
28 | round two of pope's driving
29 | improvisation
30 | rafe or the gators?
31 | sneaking onto the ship
32 | a new addition to the group
33 | retrieving the cross
34 | two lovers floating at sea
35 | poguelandia
SEASON THREE
1 | crash landing
2 | the search for kie
3 | hawks nest part two
4 | luxury boat
5 | home sweet home
6 | like mother like daughter?
7 | tactical convincing
8 | heist
9 | the lies and a desecration
10 | snack time at a crime scene
11 | last one standing
12 | party crasher
13 | goblin mode
14 | up in flames
15 | barracuda mike
16 | kitty hawk wilderness camp
17 | a ride to south america
18 | hiking
19 | two funerals
20 | full kook
authors note !

19 | boat explosions

3.5K 110 33
By FL0WERFIELDS

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 19:

BOAT EXPLOSIONS

"She can't be here right now!"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE TAPE THAT Limbrey had handed over to the group of teenagers was handed into the police station so it can be reviewed by professionals. As well as that, it's another a piece of evidence being provided to prove who the real killers are in the Outer Banks. By doing this, John B's name will also be completely cleared from all charges and will no longer be a suspect.

Currently, the friends are situated back at John B's house where a mixture of emotions are hanging high in the air surrounding them — though, it's unknown to some. The boys are sitting in the lounge with wide smiles spread across their faces, feeling nothing but glee. Loud cheers and shouts leave their mouths and echo around the room that they are seated inside of, which is only followed by the sound of their laughs. Some cans of beer are placed on the table in front of the three with some of the contents emptied from having been drunk already.

Meanwhile, the girls are seated outside on the porch where they lounge around on the furniture. On one side of them, the boys can be heard being loud due to the excitement that they hold, whereas on the other side, they are able to listen to the calming sounds of mother nature. Delilah and Kiara are both constantly finding their eyes drifting over to their best friends with smiles on their own faces. It's so different to see them happy in comparison to everything that they've been through so far — it's as though they've won.

A pained look crosses over the top of Sarah's face as she peels her gaze away from the three boys. All she wishes for the world to do is to swallow her up in a sinkhole, not wanting to be around to face the harsh truths of reality anymore. This is Sarahs father that her own friends are cheering about, and that hurts. The girl understands what Ward and Rafe have done wrong, but she can't sit around and cheer along with them because that's her family.

Delilah looks over at the blonde to check up on her, which she has been making sure to during the entire time they've all been together. The girl understands that it's going to be hard for Sarah right now because her best friends and her family are the ones fighting, therefore there's no in between for her to settle in. Sarah notices Delilah's concerned look, flashing her a small smile in response.

"Don't give me that forced smile, Cameron." Delilah tells her, gently taking the girls hand. "You're not okay, and you don't have to hide that."

"Thank you." Sarah replies, showing a real smile.

"Do you regret it?" Kie asks.

"No." Sarah replies. "No, I don't. He deserves all of it, and I know that."

A phone starts to ring with an incoming call, the girl proceeding to glance down at her phone to see that it's Topper calling. Sarah quickly mumbles a quick apology to the two girls before walking away to take the phone call, both curious and confused as to what the boy could possibly want. Delilah and Kiara just exchange the same looks at one another, silently communicating through facial expressions.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Ward Cameron is wanted by the police. On the call, Topper had informed the daughter of the family that the warrant had been signed and police officers are currently after the man to lock him up for his crimes. The group didn't waste any time climbing into the campervan and driving to where Tannyhill is located on the Figure Eight side, spotting several police cars along the way. Sarah just wants a chance to speak to her own father before anything can happen, and the five friends all understand that.

Each frantically climbing out of the campervan, they all sprint across the green lawn to see that the docks are lined with a large group of police officers staring at the pristine white boat floating in the water. Ward is standing upon the boat with tears welling in his blue soulless eyes as he continues to talk to the cops. The teenagers just edge closer so that they're now standing amongst the scene, all of their gazes being shifted towards the adult.

"Dad!" Sarah calls.

"What are you doing here, Sarah?" Ward asks.

"Dad!" Sarah repeats. "What are you doing?"

"Vic, you've got to get her out of here!" Ward tells him. "She can't be here right now!"

"Just come on in." Shoupe demands. "And then you can talk to her yourself."

"Sarah, I'm so sorry, baby. I can't." Ward apologises.

"What are you doing? Dad, no, no!" Sarah protests.

"Ward! This ain't gonna end the way you want it to." Shoupe informs.

Sirens wail loudly and suddenly fill the already tense atmosphere. Police boats speed across the icy waters and travels closer to where the Druthers floats in an attempt to block Ward off from being able to move anywhere else. But all of the officers quickly realise that the man's intention was never to escape, hence why he wants his daughter to be far away from the scene that'll commence.

All of a sudden, an explosion bursts from the bow of the Druthers before spreading across the entirety of the boat. Each of the small flames created combine together to create one ginormous one, erupting like a volcano that's been sitting dormant for years. Thick black smoke fills the air in one giant cloud, a distinct burning smell filling the bystanders noses. Material from the Druthers itself soars through the air as the impact of the explosion causes it to be ripped away from the structure of the boat. But no one puts much thought into it, only paying attention to the fact that Ward was inside of the boat and made it happen.

Everyone stands upon the docks and simply stare at the chaos that has suddenly unfolded before their eyes. Not a single one of them were ever expecting to witness something like that in their whole life, nor did they ever want to. Bodies are frozen in shock as they're completely stunned by what's just happened. A mixture of emotions swirl around in each of the individuals stomachs, hanging high in the smoky air.

Delilah turns her body as she peels her teary green eyes away from the burning boat. She feels sick to her stomach and as though she wants to throw up. This is now the third death that Delilah has now had the misfortune of witnessing — each one slowly rips away at her. JJ wraps his arms around the girl and holds her close to his body, not planning on letting go until she does first. The blond has been there for Ly every time that something traumatic has taken place, and he's picked her back up every single time.

But Sarah Cameron is the person that everyone is supposed to be worried about.

Sobs bubble up from the inside of Sarah's throat and loudly erupt from her mouth. Tears are now starting to stream down the cold skin of her cheeks, creating a salty taste on her tongue. The girl frantically calls out for her dad through the wails of her cries. Body is shaking uncontrollably as gasps of air are heard, struggling to breath as she begins to hyperventilate. Knees weakly give way and only causes her to crash down onto the wooden docks beside the group, but she doesn't seem to care. Arms then wrap around Sarah's body, making her glance up to see Topper.

The teenage girl has unfortunately been a witness to her own fathers death and has to live with that.

Delilah finally manages to push herself out of the comfort of JJ's arms, feeling his warmth around her body instantly disappear. But this feeling is ignored as Del chooses not to be selfish in this moment, just wanting to be there for one of her best friends. The girl rushes over to where the blonde is sobbing upon the wooden docks, lightly pushing Topper away from her and not caring to notice his dirty look. Delilah's arms wrap around Sarah's shaky body, pulling her in for a tight hug that will only provide comfort. Sarah holds onto the redhead tightly as her tears seep into her shoulder, continuing to sob loudly.

"D- Delilah." Sarah breathlessly stammers. "My dad! My dad... He just—"

"Shh, shh." Delilah hushes. "It's okay to cry. But just breathe, okay? I've got you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 15.5K 113
JJ's biggest flaw was his recklessness, and his bad ideas. Honestly, that didn't seem that bad to Bexley. Rafe's biggest flaw? Jealousy. Pure, uncon...
702K 14.7K 76
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋 ⟳ "𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘪 𝘨...
15.9K 102 8
This past semester I took a Creative Writing class in which I enjoyed every minute of it. I decided that I might as well put up some of the stories...
945K 16.1K 97
"We may be from two worlds but we're not all too different." in which Sarah Cameron's twin falls for the blond pogue all while getting caught up...